Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > The great missing Wham Shell of North America coalition.
First | Previous | Page 6 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
The great missing Wham Shell of North America coalition. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#251 Posted: 17:53:34 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quiet, you. smilie

I don't condone scalping at all. However, with someone being nice enough to sell me three at 25 each, instead of the going price of 100 and over for normal Whams, after fees and such, They're not making a super huge profit off of me. That was very kind of them, when they could have made lots of dinero on those 3 Whams.

Of course, this is me talking about the 25 dollar Whams I got. That's a heck of a lot better than the 232 someone got for a regular Wham.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#252 Posted: 18:15:26 11/04/2012
Quote: AboveSkylands
Well I have still yet seen another Camo or Warnado that I got last week from Wal Mart. I have three WHam-Shells coming. Im glad I dont have to call or look anymore. IMO Southernchigga is the best person to go to for these because he is right there at the store that gets them in which is Big W in Austrailia.

Him being "right there at the store that gets them" is the problem. Just because he works for a retail store that sells Skylanders should not give him first right to buy them and scalp them (just calling it like it is).

I'm fine waiting until they arrive in U.S. stores or online, but employees poaching figures before they even reach the shelves is even worse than an eBay scalper who buys his figures legitimately.

And you, GM, are supporting his unethical behavior just so you can have one stapled to your wall, one taken to work with you everyday ( smilie ), one on your shelf, and two for your kids. I want to be done as much as everyone here does, but don't make it sound like this guy is doing people a favor by charging $50 for a stupid figure that costs $10.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:17:45 11/04/2012 by Himewad
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#253 Posted: 18:18:33 11/04/2012
Quote: Rheyvynn
But one of my friends was at a Target the other day and saw, with her own eyes, a Wham Shell! But alas, before she could get ahold of me to verify that I did indeed still need it, someone else had snagged it.

I was bummed, but at least it did give me hope that they ARE out there, you just have to be quick on the draw. I DID at least feel better that from what she told me, it was a pretty clueless mom who had a list from her kids as to which they still needed, so I know it went to another deserving person, not an ebay-er.

So, keep up the search!

Oh, wow!

Is there a reason why no one's responded to this post yet? It seems pretty neat to me. I know Target in my area has barely stocked anything over the last few months, but maybe they've changed since then.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
AboveSkylands Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#254 Posted: 18:19:51 11/04/2012
Well Regardless Im done and I paid about $30.00 ea for my Three Wham-Shells when I figure everything in. Im glad to be done and I know I would never see any in the stores. So hopefully these still are up in the $100.00 range when we get ours. ALot of us have paid for our sets 10x over already, so I am looking to start paying for my set now.
#255 Posted: 18:21:08 11/04/2012
Madel They will be just as htf as Camo and Warnado companies get lazy when its down to the last figure and dont make that many. There are only 1500-9000 Wham-Shells in Austrailia who knows how many here at Target as u say. Sorry for the double post
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:21:28 11/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#256 Posted: 19:02:14 11/04/2012
Madel They will be just as htf as Camo and Warnado companies get lazy when its down to the last figure and dont make that many. There are only 1500-9000 Wham-Shells in Austrailia who knows how many here at Target as u say. Sorry for the double post

They don't get lazy and Wham Shell isn't the last one.....

There is an entire sequel with new figures that also uses these current figures... In a matter of a few weeks Wham will be everywhere, just like every other figure that was once impossible to find....

Domer
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#257 Posted: 19:03:22 11/04/2012
Quote: domer

They don't get lazy and Wham Shell isn't the last one.....

There is an entire sequel with new figures that also uses these current figures... In a matter of a few weeks Wham will be everywhere, just like every other figure that was once impossible to find....

Domer

Word. That was just pointless and baseless speculation.
#258 Posted: 19:09:53 11/04/2012
Well maybe they don't get lazy, but they obviously dont mind who makes money on theese imo. If they did they would put a cap on it imo and tell ebay to cancel bids if itr got to high.
#259 Posted: 19:13:17 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Himewad
Well I have still yet seen another Camo or Warnado that I got last week from Wal Mart. I have three WHam-Shells coming. Im glad I dont have to call or look anymore. IMO Southernchigga is the best person to go to for these because he is right there at the store that gets them in which is Big W in Austrailia.

Him being "right there at the store that gets them" is the problem. Just because he works for a retail store that sells Skylanders should not give him first right to buy them and scalp them (just calling it like it is).

I'm fine waiting until they arrive in U.S. stores or online, but employees poaching figures before they even reach the shelves is even worse than an eBay scalper who buys his figures legitimately.

And you, GM, are supporting his unethical behavior just so you can have one stapled to your wall, one taken to work with you everyday ( smilie ), one on your shelf, and two for your kids. I want to be done as much as everyone here does, but don't make it sound like this guy is doing people a favor by charging $50 for a stupid figure that costs $10.

I was charged 25 for Wham. Take away Ebay and Paypal fees, and how much is left? He made what, 10 off me at most? I'd rather suffer a 10 dollar loss, per figure, than what I have when I bought things on Ebay, like Empire of Ice or L-Trigg.

I am stil greatful that I didn't have to pay a super huge markup, like I thought I was going to have to.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, that I have decided not to further collect Transformers. So, I did a price check on my TF movie toys that are just sitting in a 30 gallon container, in the garage, never to be used. I thought, better to sell them, than leave them sitting. I have a Human Alliance Mudflap that I didn't know goes for near 100 loose. I spent 20 on that thing back in 2009. If it's that collectable, then hey, that paid for my 3 Whams coming from the person who sold them to me for 25 each, plus shipping. AND, I make about 5 dollars in the process.

If I sell my Leader Optimus Prime from movie 2, plus Leader Jetfire together, they went for about 128.

Basically, I am selling my entire TF collection, because I don't know why I was stupid enough to buy them in the first place. Well, I had a friend who liked them, so I followed the trend. That waste of space in my garage can obviously net me about 1 grand, so 95 for 3 Whams, when someone paid 232 dollars for one, doesn't seem bad... especially when it's now free.

I have a FFXI strategy guide that goes for around 50 bucks. I have no need for it, as I don't play the game anymore. Crazy...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:18:12 11/04/2012 by GameMaster78
Grandlethal Green Sparx Gems: 174
#260 Posted: 19:29:34 11/04/2012
lol, is that the Brady FFXI guide? I played FFXI for more years than I care to admit, and that guide was always a running gag with our group.

Still waiting for Camo and Warnado here in Canada... sounds like the West Coast saw some today, so hopefully that means they'll show up where I live before the weekend. It will be interesting to see when they decide to release Wham Shell here though... it is going to drive me nuts seeing 31/32 for everything...
---
Owned: All except - smilie and smilie
#261 Posted: 19:37:56 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Yep! It's the brady guide. Still in perfect shape. All of my guides are. I have the October 2003 edition, and the Spring 2004 edition (the one most wanted).

I got all kinds of stuff in my hizzy worth money, if I wanted to sell it. I have almost every faceplate for the 360. All 5 Eternal Sonata, 6 Ace Combat 6. I have an omake box preorder bonus from Gamestop, for Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. I have Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1 and 2.

I got guides such as guides for all .hack games, or how about the Working Designs guide for Arc the Lad Collection?

The guide is worthless, when you think about it, but somehow it's worth money. I never knew a lot of my movie Transformer toys are going for 100+. I have a Human Alliance Barricade that goes for up to 150 bucks. Yikes.
---
#262 Posted: 19:40:00 11/04/2012
Well maybe they don't get lazy, but they obviously dont mind who makes money on theese imo. If they did they would put a cap on it imo and tell ebay to cancel bids if itr got to high.

They can't tell ebay to cancel bids if they get to high they have no authority to make such a request. They also can't put a cap on the sell of the figures that is the responsibility of the retailers.

Activision can only control production and distribution.

Domer
#263 Posted: 19:47:33 11/04/2012
Actually its supply and demand. Why arent the stores overflowed with new ones? Just the old ones.
#264 Posted: 19:50:48 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
That's what I keep trying to tell people here. It's almost as if people don't want to point the finger at Activision.

Activision could have packed the newer characters more to a case, yet they want them to be hard to come by. If everyone finished their collections quickly, Activision wouldn't have them in check. Knowing that myself, makes me flip Activision the bird, now that I have all characters.

Now, Activision is going to be MY *****. They don't make Giants figures preorderable, like I know they can, I'll get that stuff used just out of spite. I won't be doing this stupid gas-guzzling hunting anymore. It was flat out repetitive and dumb.
---
#265 Posted: 20:21:23 11/04/2012
Actually I am trying to make money back from my set now. I am $800.00 in. I don't want to buy the Sequal till I can make money back from the original.
#266 Posted: 20:24:49 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
800 in?

What all did you buy for your collection?
---
#267 Posted: 20:31:19 11/04/2012
I have 32/32 All the individual figures Factory Sealed plus Blue Bash and Metallic Cynder. I have All Chapters 23-26 and Legendary Tripple Pack. 3DS Starter Set and Wii Starter set. Im set till Giants. Unless I find gold and silvers. I may buy Pearl Hex if that goes lower in price. That is next on my list.
#268 Posted: 20:36:57 11/04/2012
Actually its supply and demand. Why arent the stores overflowed with new ones? Just the old ones.

Because there is still a HUGE demand for the old ones. The people actually spending time to get these as quick as possible are not the majority, just the ones on boards like this. Most people need the older ones still. They also have been producing these for a lot longer so the supply is greater.

Activision isn't sitting around saying, "Hey, let's make these new ones hard to get". They are saying, the older Skylanders are still in high demand, so lets pump those out and trickle the new ones out into the market. As the old ones sells die off some, will have produced a large stock pile of the newer ones, and can release those in more plentiful amounts."

This isn't about making Skylander's hard to get, it's about managing your manufacturing, distribution, supply, demand, and cost.

Domer
#269 Posted: 20:42:09 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, but no one wants Boomer, as was evident by how many Boomers are always left on the shelf. So why put him back out, when he never sells?
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#270 Posted: 20:48:05 11/04/2012
There's always going to be greater demand for the new figures than the old ones, it's simple logic. Veterans who have had the game since its inception need new releases, as does anyone who only recently bought it. The longer a figure has been out, the less demand there is going to be, simply based on prior sales. There's no reason not to saturate with Camo/Warnado/Wham Shell, who the entire fanbase needs, as opposed to Boomer, who has already had about six months on the shelf to disperse throughout the community. There's demand for the old ones, but only newer editions can have 100% demand. It really doesn't make sense to be producing Boomers in lieu of any of the new figures, but that statement predicates itself on the notion that this really is being done "instead" and not simply simultaneously. We don't know enough about how these are manufactured to conclude that one is being made at the expense of the other.
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#271 Posted: 20:48:30 11/04/2012
I've seen a lot of people mention Boomer but he's not one of the guys who sits around here. All I see lately is Bash, Chop Chop, Drobot, Wrecking Ball, Dino Rang, Stealth Elf, Double Trouble and Eruptor.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:49:12 11/04/2012 by ToxicFate
#272 Posted: 21:00:05 11/04/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Yeah, but no one wants Boomer, as was evident by how many Boomers are always left on the shelf. So why put him back out, when he never sells?

Because he still sells.

What you want is a supply process that caters to collectors and avid players. The most loyal of the customers. The ones like me who will put forth the effort to get the latest figure as quickly as possible. However, that's not a very smart process for Activision. They have an entire customer base to look after. They aren't selling to you and me. They are selling the the regular Joe customer. And regular Joe just needs Skylanders beyond the original starter set.

It takes time to produce mass quantities of a specific figure. Right now, they've been manufacturing some of the older ones for many months, where the newer ones have been in production for just a month or so. They need to empty the warehouse space of their older ones, so they can stock pile newer ones, allowing them to send them out in quantities that either match or exceed demand.

If you're seeing a great deal of Boomers, then the supply is exceeding the demand, at least in your specific area. They'll cut back that supply and ramp up another where demand exceeds supply. Give it a few weeks and we will see the newer ones in regular stock.

Domer
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#273 Posted: 21:03:51 11/04/2012
It definitely seems like the restocks we got when Rod and Zook were out were mostly Wave 1/2 figures. Now, it seems that we mostly have Wave 3 guys (Cynder, Double Trouble, Whirlwind/Drill Sarge, etc)

So I'm thinking they have boxes out, it's just that the new ones are being bought up and by the time we get there to report on what we see, it's all gone. Either from employees buying them, scalpers, or just less vocal fans.

But they definitely need to amp up production of new ones. I don't see why they don't make boxes of just one character now. Like a box of 6 Rods, 6 Camos, etc. That way there's still demand for new figs, but it doesn't hurt their standings with fans which at this point (and after the March 21st fiasco) is on thin ice. And in the least, it gives us a fighting chance on finding them, even if there are people buying a lot of them/employees buying the only 2 that are in a box.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#274 Posted: 21:22:51 11/04/2012
The assumption being made here is that everyone has all the older ones. I'd be willing to bet that less than 30% of the entire customer base for these Skylander Figures only need the newest release.

The other assumption is that "Boomers" are still flying off the line. That is not necessarily the case. They already have flown off the line. It takes time to build stock of a particular item. And before the newer stock can be stock piled in sufficient quantities to meet demand, they need to move older stock off the shelves of the warehouse to make room.

Activision can't snap their fingers and make enough newer figures to meet demand. They have to allow the stock to build up for a mass release.

Domer
Southernchigga Red Sparx Gems: 27
#275 Posted: 22:09:44 11/04/2012

I was charged 25 for Wham. Take away Ebay and Paypal fees, and how much is left? He made what, 10 off me at most? I'd rather suffer a 10 dollar loss, per figure, than what I have when I bought things on Ebay, like Empire of Ice or L-Trigg.

I am stil greatful that I didn't have to pay a super huge markup, like I thought I was going to have to.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, that I have decided not to further collect Transformers. So, I did a price check on my TF movie toys that are just sitting in a 30 gallon container, in the garage, never to be used. I thought, better to sell them, than leave them sitting. I have a Human Alliance Mudflap that I didn't know goes for near 100 loose. I spent 20 on that thing back in 2009. If it's that collectable, then hey, that paid for my 3 Whams coming from the person who sold them to me for 25 each, plus shipping. AND, I make about 5 dollars in the process.

If I sell my Leader Optimus Prime from movie 2, plus Leader Jetfire together, they went for about 128.

Basically, I am selling my entire TF collection, because I don't know why I was stupid enough to buy them in the first place. Well, I had a friend who liked them, so I followed the trend. That waste of space in my garage can obviously net me about 1 grand, so 95 for 3 Whams, when someone paid 232 dollars for one, doesn't seem bad... especially when it's now free.

I have a FFXI strategy guide that goes for around 50 bucks. I have no need for it, as I don't play the game anymore. Crazy...

i would just lik to add the cost of the fees, it also cost me $9 extra for a customs check just to send my packages overseas

NO PROFIT THERE
YES I MIGHT BE GETTING THEM BEFORE THEY GET ON TO THE SHELVES BUT I START WORK AT 3PM THE SHELVES GET FILLED OF A MORNING, I DONT BUY ANY OF THEM TILL THE STORE CLOSES, I STILL LET THE STORE GET A FULL DAYS TRADE BEFORE THEY ARE SOLD TO ME.
and sorry i forgot to turn caps lock off then.
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#276 Posted: 22:13:51 11/04/2012
i haven't seen boomer since the start of february! He must be really popular here the only ones that don't seem to be selling are double trouble and flameslinger
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#277 Posted: 22:15:50 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, here in the states, Musicman, I remember after Christmas. There was literally 50 boomers on the shelf at a local TRU. They couldn't get rid of him.
---
#278 Posted: 22:39:20 11/04/2012
How many Boomers does it take to change a lightbulb?
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#279 Posted: 22:41:06 11/04/2012
One. On a side note Chuck Norris can just stare at a lightbulb and it will change itself.
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#280 Posted: 23:00:30 11/04/2012
Quote: Southernchigga

i would just lik to add the cost of the fees, it also cost me $9 extra for a customs check just to send my packages overseas

NO PROFIT THERE
YES I MIGHT BE GETTING THEM BEFORE THEY GET ON TO THE SHELVES BUT I START WORK AT 3PM THE SHELVES GET FILLED OF A MORNING, I DONT BUY ANY OF THEM TILL THE STORE CLOSES, I STILL LET THE STORE GET A FULL DAYS TRADE BEFORE THEY ARE SOLD TO ME.

You said you would sell them for fifty bucks, chigga. Apparently you gave GM a better deal for whatever reason. I still say its ridiculous to feel the need to be the first person with a complete collection, and spending more than retail just doesn't make sense when they can always be found later in stores or online. Seems like its just a big ego trip. I want the figures, too, but I can wait.

Oh, and I removed your stupid bold tags for you. Are they really necessary?
---
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#281 Posted: 23:06:53 11/04/2012
Well, here in the states, Musicman, I remember after Christmas. There was literally 50 boomers on the shelf at a local TRU. They couldn't get rid of him.

wow boomers are really hard to come across here the only one ive seen is one triple pack at either target or big w
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#282 Posted: 23:13:32 11/04/2012
Boomers are plentiful here, but I've yet to see wave 4 or 5 in-store anywhere nearby, and I do search nearly daily, and sometimes several times a day.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
#283 Posted: 23:45:31 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Southernchigga

NO PROFIT THERE

You said you would sell them for fifty bucks, chigga. Apparently you gave GM a better deal for whatever reason. I still say its ridiculous to feel the need to be the first person with a complete collection, and spending more than retail just doesn't make sense when they can always be found later in stores or online. Seems like its just a big ego trip. I want the figures, too, but I can wait.

Oh, and I removed your stupid bold tags for you. Are they really necessary?

Come on, Hime. There is no need to attack him. He could have told everyone 100, like some jackhole got 232 for one in California. Chigga helped us out, for a slight profit. I don't mind giving Chigg's some extra dinero for helping me, whereas Activision has their fingers in their *** and pulled this stunt to begin with. Activision didn't have to make Wham/Camo/Warnado region exclusives. They didn't have to do that at all. It was a silly headgame on their behalf, and customers WILL remember it when Giants come out. Mark my words.

Again, I have to thank Chigga, for being nice enough to even help me. I could have been like, "Hi, Chigga. HELP ME PLZ! *slaps elbows* I need mah fix!" Chigg then could have been like, "Sucks to be you, punk. 100 dollars a hit. Or, how about 232 bucks? Someone made 232 bucks off a Wham Shell?"

NOPE! Chigga helped people here, like I help people here. He made a slight profit, when he could have made a boatload of money.

Chigg, don't let others speak for those you helped. We appreciate it. smilie
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#284 Posted: 23:49:06 11/04/2012
In NE Ohio and I believe i expressed it in another thread, we usually get everything about 2 weeks after they start appearing on ebay. The same happened with L-Triggs, as well as Wave 3 stuff. Really, it was a crap shoot that I had just read on here about people finding Slam Bam that I had happened to go in a Best Buy and find Empire of Ice. Then it was another stroke of luck when I found a Double trouble 3 pack while out. Cynder..pssh. Forget that. I bought her online..and I've only recently seen her in stores.

I got extremely lucky that after christmas, my cousin stayed at TRU so she was able to nab me a Rod/Cynder/Zook 3 pack and Dragons Peak. I've yet to see DP in another store, and I saw the 3 pack again once at Best Buy..I've never seen either in a single pack. And of course now she quit because she's going to be working at our new casino downtown, so that doesn't help me get the last 3. (lawl..that sounds selfish when I think about it!)

So usually, us up here in Ohio get the short end of the stick when it comes to new stuff. If a store gets something in, they end up getting like one..so no one besides either the employee or scalpers (or, I suppose fellow customers..but i doubt that)

I guess thankfully I've noticed a lot more stock on the shelves, including some Cynders and more recently the 3 pack I mentioned above. Guess the only thing to do is wait and hope, right?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:57:41 11/04/2012 by spyroflame0487
#285 Posted: 23:55:22 11/04/2012
No need to hope. But it appears waiting will be necessary.
---
Judge Green Sparx Gems: 312
#286 Posted: 01:03:29 12/04/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
In NE Ohio and I believe i expressed it in another thread, we usually get everything about 2 weeks after they start appearing on ebay. The same happened with L-Triggs, as well as Wave 3 stuff. Really, it was a crap shoot that I had just read on here about people finding Slam Bam that I had happened to go in a Best Buy and find Empire of Ice. Then it was another stroke of luck when I found a Double trouble 3 pack while out. Cynder..pssh. Forget that. I bought her online..and I've only recently seen her in stores.

I got extremely lucky that after christmas, my cousin stayed at TRU so she was able to nab me a Rod/Cynder/Zook 3 pack and Dragons Peak. I've yet to see DP in another store, and I saw the 3 pack again once at Best Buy..I've never seen either in a single pack. And of course now she quit because she's going to be working at our new casino downtown, so that doesn't help me get the last 3. (lawl..that sounds selfish when I think about it!)

So usually, us up here in Ohio get the short end of the stick when it comes to new stuff. If a store gets something in, they end up getting like one..so no one besides either the employee or scalpers (or, I suppose fellow customers..but i doubt that)

I guess thankfully I've noticed a lot more stock on the shelves, including some Cynders and more recently the 3 pack I mentioned above. Guess the only thing to do is wait and hope, right?

This pretty much seems the case where I live in Southern Indiana. My only stroke of luck is the day after camo and warnado apppeared I stopped by wal mart on the way to work and they were on the shelves fresh stocked so i grabbed me and my brother a set and left the other set for the next one. havent seen them since
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#287 Posted: 01:36:33 12/04/2012
No way, someone else from Indiana?

In my stores I can't find anything.. All I find are Double Troubles now and Wrecking Balls. At Walmart, anyway.
---
but i love it all smooth
Scorpion Green Sparx Gems: 499
#288 Posted: 02:27:45 12/04/2012
Paying anything over $10 for one of these is just plain stupid. Especially for a character that hasn't even been released in the US yet (that we can confirm). Heck...Zook, Lightning Rod, Camo, and Warnado aren't even readily available yet. Just small pockets showing up. In 2 weeks or 1 month, or even 2 months, you'll be able to walk into Wal-Mart or Target and get any one of them.

And why is Activision's release of these hard to swallow? They are keeping our interest in the game by releasing characters slowly. Think about it, if all 32 characters were released within a month, what good would the game be 2 months later? It wouldn't get played or talked about until Giants. This slow release keeps everyone talking about it and waiting for the next characters to pick it up and play again. We all say we're mad, but we're still calling stores, driving to them, looking for the next one to grab.
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#289 Posted: 02:32:17 12/04/2012
Quote: Scorpion
Think about it, if all 32 characters were released within a month, what good would the game be 2 months later? It wouldn't get played or talked about until Giants. This slow release keeps everyone talking about it and waiting for the next characters to pick it up and play again. We all say we're mad, but we're still calling stores, driving to them, looking for the next one to grab.

This is absolutely not true at all in my household. If all 32 figures were released at once, the game would receive the same, if not more play than it does now.
Scorpion Green Sparx Gems: 499
#290 Posted: 02:46:36 12/04/2012
But once the game was beaten, and all 32 characters were leveled up, what more is there? The occasional play, sure. But when you have a month or two between releases, you get 2 or 3 leveled up a month, getting you back into the game.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I find it hard to believe that a big a company as Activision is, that they are doing this BS on purpose. Or to p*** everyone off.
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#291 Posted: 02:56:55 12/04/2012
I have no idea why they did it this way, but I do know that I tire of hunting these down. I can't drive, so to go store hunting I get to break out my trusty bicycle. That gets old fast, riding around store to store for no reason (no stock, old stock). Though I suppose I should thank someone over at Activision for helping me stay in shape.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
#292 Posted: 05:15:36 12/04/2012
But once the game was beaten, and all 32 characters were leveled up, what more is there? The occasional play, sure. But when you have a month or two between releases, you get 2 or 3 leveled up a month, getting you back into the game.

It takes the same amount of time to "level up" 32 characters whether you own them all from the start or have the collection spread out over six months.
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#293 Posted: 05:24:02 12/04/2012
Quote: Zing
Think about it, if all 32 characters were released within a month, what good would the game be 2 months later? It wouldn't get played or talked about until Giants. This slow release keeps everyone talking about it and waiting for the next characters to pick it up and play again. We all say we're mad, but we're still calling stores, driving to them, looking for the next one to grab.

This is absolutely not true at all in my household. If all 32 figures were released at once, the game would receive the same, if not more play than it does now.

had all 32 figures been released all at once then i would have played it for a week and probably never played it again cause within a week i would have had the game beat had all characters at lvl 10 and had all heroic challenges done for all characters and would have had no reason to continue to play sense there was no online for pvp it would just collect dust along with the figures
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SteveW Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#294 Posted: 14:17:36 12/04/2012
Quote: Gaiaknight

had all 32 figures been released all at once then i would have played it for a week and probably never played it again cause within a week i would have had the game beat had all characters at lvl 10 and had all heroic challenges done for all characters and would have had no reason to continue to play sense there was no online for pvp it would just collect dust along with the figures

So you would have played the entire game, many parts of the game over and over to get them all to level 10 and then played 1024 challenge levels (32 levels with 32 characters) all in a week? who would do that?

Technically I could finish Skyrim in week if I did nothing else but it has brought me months of enjoyment so even if all the characters came out at once for Skylanders I'd still be playing it...
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#295 Posted: 15:01:50 12/04/2012
well the lvl 10 would be easy if you ran them through the challenges, and each challenge is only a few minutes the game is only a few hours so it could be done in relatively short time compared to most games.

Im still working on skyrim, lol. Have 3 toons (warrior/argonian, mage/high elf, assassin/khajiit) im running though, and then I just finished up mass effect 3 after redoing mass effect 2 to get no on left behind. Now im past the mid point on Kingdoms of amalur, reckoning. Taking breaks from it to run soul calibur 5 and work on saints 3rd dlc trophies.
still need to finish up rune factory tides, shadows of the damned and I havnt even started zelda skyward sword. Thankfully the only preorder I have coming out is lollipop chainsaw.
#296 Posted: 15:23:41 12/04/2012
My question is if they are only releasing 1500-9000 Wham-Shells in Austrailia how many are they releasing here? If any. IMO these companies wont produce many of the last six figures. Now that they have all the old ones readily available they have an excuse to keep some rare. I talked to a lot of people and they have told me to start buying the old ones because they will go up in value as they get discontinued or stores no longer carry them because they have to make room for Skylanders Giants. Gamemaster78 I have to ask you what you think about this scenerio as u seem to be an advid toy collector. I havent been doing this for ahwile I imagine this is how it will work.
#297 Posted: 15:23:43 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator
If peeps want to get some more longevity out of the game, do this.

Supposedly, the Wii Heroics are downright tough, especially with max upgraded Skylanders.

So, challenge yourself. I know I am. I going to record all 74 Skylanders (37 for each path) going through EVERY Heroic on the Wii, once my Whams come in. People say it's impossible, but if you improvise and strategize, you can even get through Double Trouble's Heroic without the need of anvil rain.

So, my personal challenge to anyone who may getting tired of the game, is to go through all Heroics on Wii, with max upgraded Skylanders. DO IT! I CHALLENGE YOU!
---
#298 Posted: 15:26:40 12/04/2012
I still have to do the Heroic challenges and finish Chapter 25 Enemy goal and the time in that one are tough.
#299 Posted: 15:34:58 12/04/2012
Quote: Gaiaknight

This doesn't make any sense. By your logic, you would have played all the wave 1 characters and been done with the game in around four days, then spent maybe a single day on each following wave?

I usually find that typing out my responses makes me think more about what I am saying. This is clearly not the case with some people. smilie
#300 Posted: 15:40:20 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm not an avid toy collector, persay. Infact, I don't even really know how to gauge if something will be valuable in time.

Transformers were the first toys I started collecting, back in 2006, only cause a friend was doing it. I'm more of a gamer, with over 1320 video games (only beaten about 200 of those).

However, I can offer an analysis, based on patterns.

I think the silver/gold/clear/TF variants will go down in price. My friend tells me the only time something maintains value, is if that particular brand stays somewhat popular.

If these original molds are being "retired," as Tash said someone stated in interviews, I could see those going up, since there will be reposes of the original Skylanders. However, for that to happen, they need to keep running with the same molds from Giants and future sequels. If they "retire" too many molds that will be overkill and drive down the prices of Skylanders period.
---
First | Previous | Page 6 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me