Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > The great missing Wham Shell of North America coalition.
First | Previous | Page 4 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
The great missing Wham Shell of North America coalition. [CLOSED]
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#151 Posted: 02:09:08 09/04/2012
The only figure I've paid more for is L-Rod for $15 because of shipping. I've made sure to not give any scalpers and whatnot my business. I find them in stores or through stores like GameStop online. I have the patience, and being a college student, money can get pretty tight sometimes.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
AboveSkylands Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#152 Posted: 02:14:55 09/04/2012
Anybody else keep forgetting to type the H in Wam Shell?
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#153 Posted: 02:26:10 09/04/2012
My strategy for the guys I'm missing, if I can't find them soonish, is to pick them up a few months down the line when they are sitting in a bargin bin or buy them as a lot on Ebay.

I got plenty to do in the meantime. Owning every system, plus a pile of other hobbies, having a job means I always forget to check for availability anyway, yet I got everyone expect these last 3 guys.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#154 Posted: 03:28:21 09/04/2012
At least a lot of you on here already got Camo & Warnado never mind Wham-Shell. I've got 5 Walmart's, 2 Target's, 5 Gamestop's & a TRU all near me and I can't find them anywhere!
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#155 Posted: 03:34:53 09/04/2012
I still don't have Ignitor, Lightning Rod, Zook, or Sunburn, let alone Warnado and Camo and Wham Shell... :l
Seriously, some of you are pretty lucky.
---
but i love it all smooth
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#156 Posted: 12:55:36 09/04/2012
Reading through this thread, I feel that certain people here have some serious emotional issues. I love the game as much as the next guy, but some of the comments are astonishing.

The guy who hates the game so much he is willing to drop $150 on a single figure?

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:58:00 09/04/2012 by Zing
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#157 Posted: 13:04:41 09/04/2012
This seams to be the place about wham whell a guy on ebay has posted a Crystal wham shell possible variant
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLLEC...=item35bb37f903
---
Green Bean Machine
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#158 Posted: 13:05:06 09/04/2012
I never said I hated the game. I hate the hunt. Driving to stores everyday and making the phone calls. This takes up time. I can just work an extra few hours instead of hunting for hours , buy the figure and be done. Actually read the posts next time.
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#159 Posted: 15:04:52 09/04/2012
…Or you could just wait a few weeks and buy the figure for $10, saving yourself a lot of money and stress.

The idea that the goal of this game is "to be done" is the part that astonishes me. Although, if someone is so stressed about this game that they will pay 15x the retail cost "to be done", then it may be time to think about other hobbies.
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#160 Posted: 15:53:45 09/04/2012
I called Walmart and an associate told me that he new shipment had come in. I got there and was told that no shipment had come in and wont for about a week. WTH
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#161 Posted: 16:03:36 09/04/2012
So I wonder why we haven't seen a wider release here? Anyone else think they'll be exclusive to AUS for like a week or 2, then come over here in droves?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#162 Posted: 16:13:21 09/04/2012
Lol u make no sense. Having all of the skylanders would cause me stress? Good one. Even when wham shell is released it is not a gurantee I will find one.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#163 Posted: 16:22:22 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
It's not a gaurentee, because Activision decided to flood shelves with wave 1, 2, and Double Trouble from wave 3. If those don't sell, we have shelf warming to keep from people getting Wham Shell, or Camo and Warnado, here in the US.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#164 Posted: 16:53:04 09/04/2012
My point exactly. So screw $100. Wham shell come home. My collection be done and happiness begin lol
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#165 Posted: 17:00:23 09/04/2012
I am also concerned because the UPC's for Camo, Warnado and the majority of other skylanders have been in Wal-Mart's inventory system since before January. However, there is still no UPC for Wham-Shell don't know if this means anything but it is making me nervous enough to start considering other alternatives to getting him. I offered both Camo and Warnado to an Australian poster in exchange for one Wham-Shell but someone else, I think GM, had already made an agreement with him.

As GM just mentioned the stores are starting to flood with shelf warmers if shelf warrmers start to settle before Wham-Shell's come there will be a reduced number being ordered and brought into stores. This may be the one skylander in the original series that is considered very rare. Then again judging by what happened to Legendary Trigger Happy, I hope I am wrong.
Megaskanaru Red Sparx Gems: 10
#166 Posted: 17:42:32 09/04/2012
I honestly joined just to spread some news I had. From what I have gathered from looking around the forms it seems everyone has reached the conclusion that Wham Shell is only in Australia and the Coastal United States. However, we just got off the phone with our local gamestop and it seems they had Wham Shell in at some point. I live in the midwest and I just wanted this to serve as a testament that Wham Shell is out there in other places and we just have to keep looking and searching for him. If he does come into my area again I might try and pick of a few of him and either dispose of them on this site or let everyone go after him on ebay, that way I can at least have some more money saved up for when the next batch.
#167 Posted: 17:49:34 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
ItsJustMe, I can vouch for part of your theory on Walmart and the UPC's for Camo and Warnado.

I have had them on order since November 13th. I check the order every day, for each character to be updated with the UPC number. It was last Thursday, when they finally added the UPC's for Camo and Warnado. That's when I made the call and found them.

So, it was only last Thursday, when they updated those two. My Wham Shell listing updated with "more information is coming," so I hope it means they will add his UPC sooner, rather than later.
---
#168 Posted: 18:00:34 09/04/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
ItsJustMe, I can vouch for part of your theory on Walmart and the UPC's for Camo and Warnado.

I have had them on order since November 13th. I check the order every day, for each character to be updated with the UPC number. It was last Thursday, when they finally added the UPC's for Camo and Warnado. That's when I made the call and found them.

So, it was only last Thursday, when they updated those two. My Wham Shell listing updated with "more information is coming," so I hope it means they will add his UPC sooner, rather than later.

If you grab a telxon and scan an skylander single pack using the keep it stocked inventory screen you will get a compilation screen of all listed skylander single packs. This includes how many are in hand, in shipment, or on order, as well as ability to look at other stores inventory. There is a little button to the left of the big yellow one at the top marked tab. If you press this it will give you a breakdown of all UPC's llocated under this cross refernce. Warnado and Camo have been under this listing for sometime. I started tracking them through inventory shipments in January. I have not checked the UPC's since last Thursday when Warnado and Camo started showing up. I hope Wham-Shell does show up but I am nervous.

There are ways to track freight including skylanders on the website. Since events I do not want to discuss in January with wave 3 the website has instituted certain information blocks on skylanders making less information available on non released ones and hindering the tracking of certain rarer skylanders. The UPC's for Camo and Warnado have actually been available on the website since last Thursday.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:04:00 09/04/2012 by ItsJustMe
#169 Posted: 18:03:34 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
WAIT! This is very useful information. So, you're saying that there IS a way to tell if a specific character is in stores, instead of it just being cross referenced with other Skylanders?
---
#170 Posted: 18:08:32 09/04/2012
WAIT! This is very useful information. So, you're saying that there IS a way to tell if a specific character is in stores, instead of it just being cross referenced with other Skylanders?

Yep! Just press the tab button when in the inventory screen it will show you all cross refs. I am actually kind of frustrated people are being told otherwise. This is either a lazy associate issue with them not wanting to be bothered by customers asking information about skylanders or a training issue, maybe both. To be fair electronics does not get a lot of popular items with cross refs this is normally a toy department thing.

Go ahead show a Wal-mart associate something new.
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#171 Posted: 18:44:39 09/04/2012
Yeah...but good luck trying to explain that to them over the phone. Someone want to write out printed instructions we can hand to them that are easy to follow. Keep in mind most of these people aren't exactly tech savvy. I've tried explaining to them they can look it up and they never seem to believe me...as though it's voodoo or something.

smilie
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
#172 Posted: 18:50:03 09/04/2012
Quote: xerokills
Yeah...but good luck trying to explain that to them over the phone. Someone want to write out printed instructions we can hand to them that are easy to follow. Keep in mind most of these people aren't exactly tech savvy. I've tried explaining to them they can look it up and they never seem to believe me...as though it's voodoo or something.

smilie

Not they they are idiots. I know a guy who works at walmart, hes a nice guy.

But

They are paid close to minimum wage. Also if they don't know what Skylanders, and they don't care about them, they are less likely to help you. I called and asked what the Bolingbrook store had in stock, more specifically if they had Camo and Warnado in stock and the lady told me (in between smacking gum) "I don't see what the big deal is about these Skylanders, shooooo its a kids game anyway." I said "Okay". She said "I ain't looking through them all. Come in and look, I'm sick of looking" Mind you she missed the last syllable of most words, but you get the gist.

I couldn't believe it. I've had rude, or indifferent employees and that's fine. I work retail I know what its like. I also know that's what I get freaking paid to do. And my shift ends at whatever specified time, so I might as well help customers to the best of my abilities!
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
#173 Posted: 18:56:40 09/04/2012
There is not much to write down its a pretty easy to follow system.

An associate has to get into the Perpetual Inventory screen.

Select Keep It Stocked

Select On the Salesfloor

Scan a skylander single pack (not the drill sergeant exclusive)

Press the tab button located directly to the left under the big yellow button at the top of the buttons.

Scroll down the list of cross reference items until you find what you are looking for.

Note this is just for wal-Mart
#174 Posted: 18:56:51 09/04/2012
I'd love that job if it paid my bills. Talking about electronics and helping people get stuff...it's ideal for a young guy to do. But yeah, I get attitude all the time about it. But a few are really nice and helpful. But yeah, wow...some of them...it's like pulling teeth. As for finding them. I've been able to figure out what's been coming in based on current stock available. I haven't seen a voodood or a zap on store shelves. Now when I go on Walmart's website. If they have Camo and Warnado in someone's store...it will show both voodood, zap and Camo and Warnado. If I walk in and don't see them, then I assume they haven't even received a shipment. I know I didn't miss them yet in WA. The problem is...my store doesn't show them on the walmart website...not any stores look to be scheduled to get them. Yet in my dad's town, there is about 6 stores receiving them or have already. So...all I will do is call for the time being. I made a run today, but saw nothing but old arrangements with Chop Chop, Stump and Eruptor..whirlwind...even my TRU got nothing this weekend. I have a feeling though, when they do hit shelves, it's going to rain them.
---
#175 Posted: 18:57:39 09/04/2012
I had good luck with my Wal Mart last week and got Camo and Warnado. They even held the figures for me. I think it all depends who is working there. Apperantly the guy wasnt a collector or a scalper or a horder. I dont really think it is scalping per say. This is an expensive game so a lot of people are just trying paying for there own sets. I havent seen Camo and Warnado since last week anywhere. This morning I didnt care for the employee who answered the phone when I called Wal Mart. I dont even think she looked. Seems like all she said was Boomer because she memorized the name. I am going to go to Wal Mart again tomorrow wish me luck.
#176 Posted: 18:58:22 09/04/2012
Quote: ItsJustMe

Select Keep It Stocked

Select On the Salesfloor

Press the tab button located directly to the left under the big yellow button at the top of the buttons.

Scroll down the list of cross reference items until you find what you are looking for.

Awesome. I'm going to do this today when I visit at 3:30. We'll see what they say. smilie Thanks a lot. It may seem simple, but if I show them the paper, they'll maybe get it!
---
#177 Posted: 19:08:51 09/04/2012
Quote: xerokills

Select Keep It Stocked

Select On the Salesfloor

Awesome. I'm going to do this today when I visit at 3:30. We'll see what they say. smilie Thanks a lot. It may seem simple, but if I show them the paper, they'll maybe get it!

Good luck! smilie
---
#178 Posted: 20:02:14 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator

Yep! Just press the tab button when in the inventory screen it will show you all cross refs. I am actually kind of frustrated people are being told otherwise. This is either a lazy associate issue with them not wanting to be bothered by customers asking information about skylanders or a training issue, maybe both. To be fair electronics does not get a lot of popular items with cross refs this is normally a toy department thing.

Go ahead show a Wal-mart associate something new.

Yeah, but they keep saying that cross reference is like a universal number, so it never shows if a particular figure is in the store.

So, that's a lie? Or, did you mean when they go to the "keep it stocked" inventory screen and press tab, it lists which figures themselves, are in the store?

Thanks again for the clarification. This may help me, as well as me help others, since my stores seemingly get these faster than the bigger markets (lol @ those who made fun of us flyover states). You have been a great help.

EDIT: The problem is, Xero, is Walmart puts people who know next to nothing, in the departments they know nothing about.

If I worked there, and they put me in electronics, I'd be smoking everyone in sales and knowledge. Others who know the trait would, too. However, they put people who know about none of that stuff there, while putting those who know, at checkout up front.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:07:18 09/04/2012 by GameMaster78
#179 Posted: 20:11:33 09/04/2012
Cross refernces are a universal number used to track bulk inventory with a lot of seperate SKU's. For example there are 25 different UPC's for single skylanders that come in combined cases. This makes it hard for a casual stocker to figure out what they have in the store to fill pegs with. However the seperate UPC information still exists this is how the information for the cross reference is determined. All numbers are simply combined. Too access the sub menus that give the seperate UPC information just press tab. The only time this does not work is of department managers are using the BAM menu to change counts on the cross ref page. When this happens the seperate UPC information becomes useless. There are no good reasons to change shelf counts like this as there are more effective ways to maintain the correct numbers in the system.
#180 Posted: 20:54:17 09/04/2012
Well folks my quest has officially came to a close. That is unless I buy Variants. I just purchased an Authentic Austraillian Wham-Shell from a fellow Aussie ebayer. I will not say who, but he was so kind. I bought it for $50.00 USD plus $11.60 USD Shipping and Handling. The quest has been fun. I will report back often. Until Skylanders Giants my friends. I will still be on the lookout for Camo and Warnado! A Wham-Shell is coming to America. I have ALL NOWsmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:13:01 09/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#181 Posted: 21:04:30 09/04/2012
congrats aboveskylands im still giving activision the benefit of the doubt with wham shell im waiting till the end of the month before i import one
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Megaskanaru Red Sparx Gems: 10
#182 Posted: 21:21:41 09/04/2012
He is just basically doing what the other guy did, saying oh look I've got my hands on a Wham Shell. I find rather annoying, especially when he could be posting the names of the ebay seller that he used or at least put us in a position that would make it likely for the rest of us to get our very own Wham Shell. I laughed when the guy was being interview about giants, mainly when he subtly and indirectly talked about scalpers and ebay. The guy who works on skylanders said he wanted everyone to pay normal retail price. When he said that i was like rageface trollface.jpg, if you truely want everyone to pay normal retail price for the figure then stopped selectively releasing them, giving certain things to certain stores, or even more extreme CERTAIN FIGURES TO CERTAIN COUNTRIES FIRST AND IN LARGER QUANTITIES!!! Our local Toy's R' Us said they originally sold the expansion packs for 20 dollars but since the other places seemed to not have as many, or were missing certain ones they raised to price to around 25 dollars. I hope to have all 32 skylanders by the end of the month, but if I don't then I will likely have a worse opinion of Activision than I originally did when I started my skylanders search and things were relatively easier to locate and purchase.
#183 Posted: 21:25:54 09/04/2012
I will gladly say who it is just let me find out if he says its ok after he sends mine out later. Im thinking we can set a price and kick out the people selling these for over $100.00. When this guy said $50.00 I was pumped.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:46:24 09/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#184 Posted: 21:49:41 09/04/2012
Quote: Megaskanaru
He is just basically doing what the other guy did, saying oh look I've got my hands on a Wham Shell. I find rather annoying, especially when he could be posting the names of the ebay seller that he used or at least put us in a position that would make it likely for the rest of us to get our very own Wham Shell. I laughed when the guy was being interview about giants, mainly when he subtly and indirectly talked about scalpers and ebay. The guy who works on skylanders said he wanted everyone to pay normal retail price. When he said that i was like rageface trollface.jpg, if you truely want everyone to pay normal retail price for the figure then stopped selectively releasing them, giving certain things to certain stores, or even more extreme CERTAIN FIGURES TO CERTAIN COUNTRIES FIRST AND IN LARGER QUANTITIES!!! Our local Toy's R' Us said they originally sold the expansion packs for 20 dollars but since the other places seemed to not have as many, or were missing certain ones they raised to price to around 25 dollars. I hope to have all 32 skylanders by the end of the month, but if I don't then I will likely have a worse opinion of Activision than I originally did when I started my skylanders search and things were relatively easier to locate and purchase.

he doesnt have t share his information your new so i will give you the benefit of the doubt here and not go off on you
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#185 Posted: 22:18:21 09/04/2012
Here it is I highly recommend this ebayer: If anybody wants a Wham-Shell for $50.00 like I paid for go
to southernchigga he is a ebay seller. Be sure to contact him or send him an email. He is a nice guy. He is the one selling a clear Variant and the other Wham-Shell on ebay. http://myworld.ebay.com/southernchigga/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:20:27 09/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
#186 Posted: 22:27:26 09/04/2012
I cant find an aussie nice enough to send me a wham shell. Youd think there r figures theyd need and would trade for. Id send them wave 5 unopened and a blue bash for a wham. Looks like theyd rather have 70$
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#187 Posted: 22:31:08 09/04/2012
southernchigga bought the clear wham shell from Big W in melbourne and he said there was a few more normal whams there i know this because i messaged him and he told me
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#188 Posted: 22:32:15 09/04/2012
He already mailed mine out he went to the Post Officesmilie It is impossible to call Austrailia from America it is worth $50.00 just not to have to call there.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:33:18 09/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
#189 Posted: 22:39:23 09/04/2012
^ how much did you pay for it? last time i saw it was up to 316.00
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#190 Posted: 22:42:16 09/04/2012
I did get my camo and warnado from gamestop today. Now I kust need to track down a nice aussie. Are they all in bed right now? Lol
#191 Posted: 22:43:39 09/04/2012
I paid $50.00 for my original Wham-Shell I did not buy a Variant.
#192 Posted: 22:51:07 09/04/2012
oooooooooooh right sorry and Drillsarge it is exactly 8:21 am in South Australia
---
#193 Posted: 22:59:30 09/04/2012
If aussies dont have camo and warnado then y dont they just do us all a favor and trade. Americans to aussies. Camo and warnado for wham lol. Im gonna call the united nations. No way aussies r as greedy as americans but it appears that way when u glance at ebay.
#194 Posted: 23:05:40 09/04/2012
Just wait a month or two and can you laugh at those people who paid extreme amounts for $100s of dollars for Wham-Shells because they had to have them NOW. You'll probably be able to walk into a TRU and pick one one up for their slightly inflated price.

Remember when Lightning Rod and Zook first appeared they were going for like $60 to $80 a pop.
---
#195 Posted: 23:08:33 09/04/2012
They are still HTF LR just went for $40.00 the other day. People love this game for some reason right now. The newest figure will always be hard to come buy. Now that my Best Buy is flooded with old waves they wont order new ones till the old wave sells you can rule out Best Buy for a long time.
#196 Posted: 23:08:46 09/04/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
If aussies dont have camo and warnado then y dont they just do us all a favor and trade. Americans to aussies. Camo and warnado for wham lol. Im gonna call the united nations. No way aussies r as greedy as americans but it appears that way when u glance at ebay.

I think the issue is finding the right person. If you are searching ebay for an australian to sell to you the odds are higher you are talking to someone trying to make a quick buck and not someone invested in collecting all the figures. The same would be the case if searching ebay for a reasonable skylander collector in the US. Chances are this is simply not the right place to look for someone who will trade. Ideally you would want a fan site like this. However you have to be careful because trading is not allowed on the forum and you have to pick and choose who you feel comfortable trusting. Otherwise you could be sending figures overseas witth no gain. Also you have competition. I am willing to bet that a large amount of americans on this site woud make the same deal.
#197 Posted: 23:50:48 09/04/2012
BTW only 63 Blue Bashes left on ebay and they are back up in th 20 plus dollars range.
Southernchigga Red Sparx Gems: 27
#198 Posted: 00:20:00 10/04/2012
[b]Hi all
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:26:47 20/04/2012 by Southernchigga
#199 Posted: 00:25:58 10/04/2012
Quote: Southernchigga
Hi all im here cos I heard you few of u guy are looking to get ur hands on the normal wham-shell, I work for a retail store here in Australia, n I can get wham-shell for you guy if ur interested, my user name here is the same as the one for eBay, I'm the one that has the crystal/clear wham-shall for sale (not the buy now one)... I can take orders and I will try to fill as many as I can. So be quick. Before they run out over here..

Hiya Stranger! smilie
---
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#200 Posted: 00:35:45 10/04/2012
Quote: Southernchigga
Hi all im here cos I heard you few of u guy are looking to get ur hands on the normal wham-shell, I work for a retail store here in Australia, n I can get wham-shell for you guy if ur interested, my user name here is the same as the one for eBay, I'm the one that has the crystal/clear wham-shall for sale (not the buy now one)... I can take orders and I will try to fill as many as I can. So be quick. Before they run out over here..

three questions: why are you talking in caps, do you take american dollars, and do we need to pay shipping?
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
First | Previous | Page 4 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me