Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > The great missing Wham Shell of North America coalition.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
The great missing Wham Shell of North America coalition. [CLOSED]
AboveSkylands Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#101 Posted: 17:47:13 06/04/2012
Tashiji I agree Either he works at the store and is there for the shipment or he is going to go and buy more when they come in.
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#102 Posted: 17:49:28 06/04/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Seriously, what's the point of posting a picture and not stating which store you found him in, unless your specific intent for posting that was to be deliberately obtuse or unhelpful? Without info on the store you found him in, that picture is completely useless, and borders on trolling. You can't have assumed this information was irrelevant, that would be silly.

So, out with it. Store where you found it, or I'm just going to assume the picture is Australian, because that's essentially how much you're going to help anyone find this figure without more information.

Unfortunately, it seems the seller hasn't been on these forums since their post. :/
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#103 Posted: 17:56:17 06/04/2012
Dude... he was just advertising his item.
"hey look what i have, come bid on it!" < That kind of thing
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#104 Posted: 18:02:46 06/04/2012
Quote: dragon_fang21
Dude... he was just advertising his item.
"hey look what i have, come bid on it!" < That kind of thing

That's exactly the problem, now isn't it?
#105 Posted: 18:32:57 06/04/2012
um..... yes? smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#106 Posted: 18:52:15 06/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Someone said they talked to this guy scalping the "supposed" only Wham Shell in the US, who also posted here the proof. I can already see what kind of person he is. He came and showed us, but wasn't even willing to share where he found it.

It's all gravy. Even the sun shines on a dog's *** somedays. In other words, he got extremely lucky. Other scalpers looking to land the same amount for Whammy later, won't be.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#107 Posted: 18:54:12 06/04/2012
Seriously, what's the point of posting a picture and not stating which store you found him in, unless your specific intent for posting that was to be deliberately obtuse or unhelpful? Without info on the store you found him in, that picture is completely useless, and borders on trolling. You can't have assumed this information was irrelevant, that would be silly.

So, out with it. Store where you found it, or I'm just going to assume the picture is Australian, because that's essentially how much you're going to help anyone find this figure without more information.

Err... According to his page, he was last online around 10:43. I mean it was about 2 hours after his post, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they just forgot to post the location.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#108 Posted: 19:27:09 06/04/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

Err... According to his page, he was last online around 10:43. I mean it was about 2 hours after his post, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they just forgot to post the location.

Awfully convenient that they forgot to post the one detail anyone here cares about. The point isn't whether or not he has the item for real; there are several other listings that only serve to confirm the character is, indeed, out in North America. Rather, the point is to find out where the figures were spotted, so that the rest of us, eager to collect the last few figures and put this ridiculousness behind us until Giants, can find this character and forget about collecting these children's playthings for half a year or so.
#109 Posted: 19:34:23 06/04/2012
This guy wasted everyone's time on here. He probably was advertising, just like dragon_fang said. And I entirely agree with you, Tashiji. It's some bull.

/sigh

Oh, look... The Wham Shell is at $231 already...
---
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#110 Posted: 19:35:00 06/04/2012
Sounds like Gamestops are starting to get them in as well now...wave 5 that is.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
#111 Posted: 20:09:10 06/04/2012
Awfully convenient that they forgot to post the one detail anyone here cares about. The point isn't whether or not he has the item for real; there are several other listings that only serve to confirm the character is, indeed, out in North America. Rather, the point is to find out where the figures were spotted, so that the rest of us, eager to collect the last few figures and put this ridiculousness behind us until Giants, can find this character and forget about collecting these children's playthings for half a year or so.

Hmm..fair enough.

I'm poking around and messaging everyone I see on ebay. Hopefully one user will be nice enough to let us know where they got it from.
---
#112 Posted: 17:32:37 07/04/2012
I have $50.00 if any of my Austrailian friends can hook me up with a Wam-Shellsmilie
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#113 Posted: 18:52:30 07/04/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
You're very welcome, Madel. Glad I could help.

I'll see if I can find you a Camo and Warnado, too. If you haven't found it before me that is.

Yo GM, I handed you a secret note about those sometime last week and just wondering if you got it. \

And guys, let's not start an argument over this; This is a post about Wham Shell, not where GM keeps getting these things. :/
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
#114 Posted: 19:47:49 07/04/2012
Quote: PinkWater
And guys, let's not start an argument over this; This is a post about Wham Shell, not where GM keeps getting these things. :/

Actually, we're not arguing about that at all at this point. We're not even arguing. The topic's moved beyond what GM does or doesn't have and how members feel about it.

We're talking about how the seller of the Wham Shell in California came on here to spark interest in their auction and say that "Yes, this is real" and then left without any further information. Pretty much they wasted our time and gave a rather pointless contribution.
---
#115 Posted: 22:47:47 07/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I saw the PM, Pink.

I have an extra set, but I am holding them in hopes someone from Australia will trade me a Camo and Warnado, for 2 Wham Shells.

If I find the Whams I need, before someone in Aussie comes forward, I will be glad to get rid of them.
---
#116 Posted: 02:27:29 08/04/2012
got a nice person in austrailia to sell me one for 30 dollars. hes gonna check the post office monday to see what the cheapest price to ship would be. Very nice person
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#117 Posted: 02:29:31 08/04/2012
got a nice person in austrailia to sell me one for 30 dollars. hes gonna check the post office monday to see what the cheapest price to ship would be. Very nice person

congrats post picks when ya get it and do it in a cool pose lol
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#118 Posted: 02:35:43 08/04/2012
Ive got 3 blue bashes Id let go for a wham shell. Hopefully he comes out soon tho cause i dont wanna gibe them up that bad. I will if I have to tho
#119 Posted: 14:34:39 08/04/2012
Oh I keep forgetting to post.

I asked the 3 that I could see that had them, and thus far only got back one response. They told me "a family member got them while on vacation overseas". It's certainly a bit fishy since that means that Whammy would have been out before we started seeing them.

I feel that they're hiding something. Like, they would have had to gotten them out of something before they were supposed to be released.
---
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#120 Posted: 14:38:24 08/04/2012
Here's another TRU exclusive guys.... yay more hunting at TRU..... great.
#121 Posted: 16:51:10 08/04/2012
I am thinking of buying Wam-Shall now and getting it over with, or just waiting another month till they are all over the place. Either way Activision has made me not want to come back for the sequal. I do not feel like going through this again, but I say that now and then I will see how cool it looks and buy it anyway. LOL.
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#122 Posted: 16:56:51 08/04/2012
Quote: AboveSkylands
I am thinking of buying Wam-Shall now and getting it over with, or just waiting another month till they are all over the place. Either way Activision has made me not want to come back for the sequal. I do not feel like going through this again, but I say that now and then I will see how cool it looks and buy it anyway. LOL.

It's called "addiction" and Activision got you hooked! LOL
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#123 Posted: 17:29:34 08/04/2012 | Topic Creator

Grats, Dragon_fang.

I, myself, only have things to trade for Wham Shells. Well, until they start showing up in full on Ebay, to which I will buy them to get it over with, unless I find them first.

I've told a couple of people in Australia, I have this for trade -

- 1 Legendary 3 Pack (trade outright for a Wham Shell)
- 1 Volcanic Vault (sealed; Pay for Wham Shell plus give this for free)
- 1 Camo (sealed; trade outright for Wham Shell)
- 1 Warnado (sealed; trade outright for Wham Shell)
- 1 blue Bash (sealed; trade outright for Wham Shell)

One lady in Aussie said she wouldn't mind the Camo and Warnado, but would have to look for 2 Wham Shells first. However, if someone else comes forward first, needing those two and wants to trade, I guess I would have to roll with that.

I agree with the poster who said they may be done when it comes sequel time. Activision simply made too many bad decisions with this game. First it was the fake shortage (seeing as they can magically get a ton out now), then it was stretching it out this long, then it was packing every new character 1 to a box, making it a scalper's dream, then it was releasing two new characters in one country, while releasing the third in another, making it even more trouble.

Those issues, plus the fact they could make it so characters are preorderable, but don't, further help the stance that they're simply making too many bad calls.

The customers are stressed over this, as is evident by their Facebook page most of the time. Smart customers will resist the sequel. I am close, if not already there, to being one of those said smart customers who just flip the bird to the franchise and find better ways to spend my dinero.

The last bit will depend on fast they make Wham Shell available to everyone who needs it to finish their collections. If they're withholding him for the reason that people can't complete their collections without him, or make him harder to obtain for that reason, this franchise can kiss my ***, and that's no lie.
---
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#124 Posted: 17:44:57 08/04/2012
It isn't hard to complete the collection. It is just hard to complete it "now". Every figure so far has hit regular levels of distribution. A new player will probably be able to find every single figure in stores by May. I've personally acquired my entire collection from local retail stores except one (Whirlwind), and that could have been acquired locally if I had waited a month. I only got it earlier from the USA because my girlfriend happened to be traveling there at the time.

I didn't have to expend any outrageous effort to acquire my collection. The most extreme case was going to TRU at opening on Dragon's Peak day. Every other figure was just randomly acquired when I had the chance.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:45:37 08/04/2012 by Zing
#125 Posted: 18:39:40 08/04/2012
GameMaster78 I said it before and I'll say it again Wam-Shell will be the hardest one for people to find. I am tempted just to buy the Crystal version and the orginal Wam-Shell that is on ebay right now. If anybody wants to Pre-Order or go the expensive route www.toywiz.com has Wam-Shell for $69.99. http://www.toywiz.com/skysinglepack.html. If some people don't care than I recommend this.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:58:51 08/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#126 Posted: 19:02:12 08/04/2012
Its a simple equation. We all hate Scalpers.

If you buy from them, they win. Its that simple. They exist because we buy stuff from them.

Look at this douche.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...#ht_1550wt_1392
Looks like he took the guy out of the box and snapped a picture with his phone and posted it online then and there. Way to go Employee!
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:02:33 08/04/2012 by StormbringerGT
#127 Posted: 19:02:45 08/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Zing, the problem is, stores are overflowing with old stock. They started sending out massive amounts of assortments with all of wave 1, 2, and 3 stuff (sans Cynder).

So, if product doesn't move, how can they send more assortments with more currently needed characters? Personally, I just need Wham Shell, but some still need Zook, L. Rod, Camo, and Warnado. How can those get put on TRU shelves, that are overrun with Stump Smash and other wave 1 stuff?
---
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#128 Posted: 19:06:19 08/04/2012
Quote: Madel
Quote: PinkWater

Actually, we're not arguing about that at all at this point. We're not even arguing. The topic's moved beyond what GM does or doesn't have and how members feel about it.

We're talking about how the seller of the Wham Shell in California came on here to spark interest in their auction and say that "Yes, this is real" and then left without any further information. Pretty much they wasted our time and gave a rather pointless contribution.

Yeah, I see that now. When I posted I thought this would be on page 2.

Also GM, thanks I can wait.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
#129 Posted: 20:48:53 08/04/2012
Wham shell......where are u?!
#130 Posted: 21:28:19 08/04/2012
I think at the moment he's down under playing a didgeridoo for a happy group of koalas. Im sure he'l show up when hes done
#131 Posted: 21:32:12 08/04/2012
i personally give activision 2 weeks before i import a wham shell
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#132 Posted: 23:28:43 08/04/2012
gamemaster78 why dont you contact the people at the company and find out? you are the one with the connections. im curious about why camo and warnado are out but not whamshell..
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
#133 Posted: 23:37:26 08/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I asked. No response, yet.

I figured they are - to a point - sticking with their original release plans. In other words -

(not including variants)

- Wave 1 (20)
- Wave 2 (3)
- Wave 3 (3)
- Wave 4 (3) (originally Easter)
- Wave 5 (2) (originally June)
- Wave 6 (1) (originally September)

Instead of stretching out wave 4 (Easter), 5 (June), and 6 (September), they just condensced it. However, for them to release Camo and Warnado in one region, and maybe one state of that region, while releasing Wham Shell in another, is flat out idiotic. It's like they want to put their customers through more stress in completing their collections.

Customers won't forget it, I gaurentee it.
---
#134 Posted: 23:47:09 08/04/2012
basically what is being said over and over by all of us (put in many different words of course), Is that we either have to try and be patient (which sucks), or buy from someone that already has it in another region (which can also suck depending on price). It all depends on each of our different preferences. Some will wait, and some (such as myself) will cave and bug the diferent people that are selling them until i get a good enough deal (which really didnt take that long honestly).

hmmm lots of parenthesis here... haha
#135 Posted: 00:39:06 09/04/2012
Activision has until thursday. If hes not out then im dropping $150 to an aussie and sayong the hell with this site and game. It will be worth every penny to not have to F with this anymore.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#136 Posted: 00:41:52 09/04/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
Activision has until thursday. If hes not out then im dropping $150 to an aussie and sayong the hell with this site and game. It will be worth every penny to not have to F with this anymore.

Have fun with that!
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#137 Posted: 00:47:17 09/04/2012

Can't you just wait until it releases here? It'll drop in value. Do you desperately need it now?
#138 Posted: 00:54:10 09/04/2012
everyone that quits the forums after they get whamshell will come back when giants is out. with different names probably. and dont hate on the site, they didnt do anything to stop you getting your toys in the time that you wanted to get them.
---
#139 Posted: 00:58:15 09/04/2012
Quote: Zook

Can't you just wait until it releases here? It'll drop in value. Do you desperately need it now?

^ This.

I watched someone spend $286 on a Camo and guess what? They were made available on the GameStop site the next morning for $10 (rounding both the dollar amounts, of course). It doesn't make sense to drop more money than you have to. I can understand wanting to complete the collection of figures, but I advise against spending at least $130 more than you have to.

And I don't know why you're saying to hell with this site. These forums have made my hunting at least tenfold. I get figures a lot quicker than I used to and actually know what's going on with Waves and such.
---
#140 Posted: 00:59:45 09/04/2012
I dont want to spend another month driving to every store or spending hours on this site everyday checking for information.i want the stress and frustration and hassle of dealing with this crap company Activision. If Giants is handled the same way I wont give them anymore money or support them. No other game is handled this way. Thats like saying Halo 4 will be out this year. Good luck finding out when and where.
#141 Posted: 01:13:48 09/04/2012
I dont want to spend another month driving to every store or spending hours on this site everyday checking for information.i want the stress and frustration and hassle of dealing with this crap company Activision. If Giants is handled the same way I wont give them anymore money or support them. No other game is handled this way. Thats like saying Halo 4 will be out this year. Good luck finding out when and where.

But if you are willing to spend $150 dollars on a $10 dollar figure, what makes any of us believe you'll stop with Giants? Why not just stop with Camo / Warnado and forget Wham Shell if that was the case?
#142 Posted: 01:27:31 09/04/2012
Because people are addicted to these figures. There are those who just want them, and although they would run to the store right now if there were a guarantee of snatching a remaining figure, can wait until that day happens. Then, there are those who must have them, and to those people, just knowing a figure is out and they don't have it causes severe anxiety. I don't know if that latter group can boycott Giants even if they try. Skylanders are a fix to them, not simply a game or a toy, and addicts will do anything to get their fix.
#143 Posted: 01:31:40 09/04/2012
the amount of money i have spent on gas looking for these figures i could have bought 2 complete sets by now especially with gas being $4 a gallon now just filling up my gas tank to look for these is over $60. I wouldnt pay 150 for a single figure most i would pay is $60 but i understand where drillsarge is coming from heck if i could pay 60 right to just be done till giants i would cause i know i would be saving myself money in the long run.
---
#144 Posted: 01:41:34 09/04/2012
Believe me, I want these figures as much as anybody else, especially Camo and Warnado, but I wouldn't pay more than $15 on each.
#145 Posted: 01:49:38 09/04/2012
Neither would I. I've never bought a single Skylander outside of a normal retail outlet, and I'm not about to start. I want my collection to be done as much as the next person, but the fanatical obsession some people have with these figures is starting to drag for me even more than the wait.
#146 Posted: 01:53:50 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, Tash, even I have gotten out of shape because I saw scalpers getting lucky finding these things before us fans.

However, it's just smart of a customer to stay away from something that is frustrating.

My latest frustration comes from the fact they seemingly made the final wave (meaning Wham Shell is wave 5 and wave is the final wave), region exclusive. Wham Shell is exclusive in PAL regions, while we get Camo and Warnado.

It's just silly of them to drag this out that long, that I've flipped the game the bird for now, and went back to Xenoblade. I haven't given Skylanders a single thought since yesterday, and I expect this trend to continue for as long as Wham Shell hasn't been spotted in various states across the US.

THEN, when I finally get this last piece of ****, I am seriously going to see how Activision plays their cards with Giants. Again, a SMART customer doesn't get fooled twice. I was fooled once. They did this stupid wave nonsense, like other toys do, when they could have treated these toys like they treat DLC. Have a specific date, make enough early, but make even more based on preorders (the last bit being outside the realm of DLC).

It's like this. They made Toy Fair Cynder for Toy Fair, right? They weren't late getting that toy to Toy Fair, so they are obviously capable of making toys to meet a certain deadline.

No preorderable figures for Giants = me probably only getting the starter packs and waiting until all characters come out in droves and I will wait for sales of the figures, before buying (ie buy get 1 sales).

In all honesty, making the game longer myself, is probably for the best, as this game was pathetically easy. I don't know how I managed to stay playing it this long after release, when I had the game beaten in 3 days of playing about 3 hours a day.

So, I can see where Drill is coming from. It's gotten so stupid, the way they drug this out. I won't pay that much for a figure, but to be done with the hassle, makes for one less chore I have to worry about. Maybe one needs to point the finger at Activision and say "why did you have to make the process so stressing?"

Smart customers won't be fooled twice.

Another thing. Depending on how easy they make Giants figures to get, depends on how many I buy. I only went overboard with this game, because it was the maiden voyage. I will only do the same if I can preorder the new stuff.

Another thing is, Wham Shell will be a ***** to find, because Activision is foolishly stocking the shelves with a massive amount of wave 1 stuff. Stuff that doesn't sell anymore. All stores I've been to the past day or two, has only shown me an an insanely stupid amount of Boomers, Wrecking Balls, Flameslingers, Eruptors, and Drobots on the shelf.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:57:48 09/04/2012 by GameMaster78
#147 Posted: 01:56:03 09/04/2012
the only thing i have paid more than retail for was empire of ice in which i paid 35 for it but with how activision has treated this game and its customers i cant blame people for paying above normal price for figures. im still giving activision till the end of the month for me to find wham-shell in stores before i resort to other means.
---
#148 Posted: 01:56:53 09/04/2012
i really enjoy the toys/game a lot. but ive never paid over retail for any of them, and never use a whole tank of gas to get them (i call places and around here they normally will hold something for me for an hour or two). dont any of you addict guys/gals get a hold of any drugs.. youd be on the streets in a few weeks.
---
#149 Posted: 02:04:40 09/04/2012
The only thing I can see paying more for is the exclusive Cynder / Golds / Silvers, etc. Maybe the Blue Bash. That's if you want to collect the exclusives. But other than that, I wouldn't pay more for a regular figure, as much as I want those figures.
#150 Posted: 02:08:38 09/04/2012
i have called places only to be burned when i get there cause either they lied or by the time i got there someone came and bought the whole stock there for i wasted extra money that could have gone towards something else like extra groceries or other essentials. I have stopped calling and driving around looking for these when i found my camo and warnado i wasnt at walmart to look for skylanders i was there to get stuff for dinner but i always check the game section when i go in and i happened to be there when they where putting out new stock so im hoping that happens with whammy
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me