Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > The great missing Wham Shell of North America coalition.
First | Page 2 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
The great missing Wham Shell of North America coalition. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#51 Posted: 04:14:26 05/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, if you happen to see Wham Shell, it would be appreciated. If I can lock down where people are finding them, then maybe I can flip the table and help people get Wham Shell.

As of now, I am in the dark on it.

I will be tracking down more Camo and Warnados over the next couple of days. I got you in mind.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#52 Posted: 04:18:32 05/04/2012
I'll be on the lookout for Wham Shell. Who knows, maybe it'll be easier to get him on the coast since the middle US got Camo and Warnado right off the bat? If I see one or hear about one, I'll grab him for you.

Thanks for keeping me in mind. smilie
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
skittles4890 Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#53 Posted: 04:19:28 05/04/2012
If I see any wham shells ill be sure to let you know but I haven't seen any wave 5 here at all
---
37/37
#54 Posted: 04:22:43 05/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks, Skittles. That's mighty nice of ya. I didn't respond to your PM, but yes, I am keeping an eye out.

Honestly, even if I get one Wham, that's fine for now. The others can come gradually if I happen upon them.
---
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#55 Posted: 04:38:53 05/04/2012
Jealousy...lol....seriously? I typed a big response to you, but honestly all that needs to be said is you are a man who needs validation to make himself feel better. You clearly have a lack of positive affirmation in life, and need to feel rewarded for your hard work. You'll spend the rest of your life looking for that sir. If I recall you dont' work, right? So without any form of rewarding work experience in your life, you divert that emptiness into other self absorbed activities that give you a sense of accomplishment. It's sad to think a guy like you wastes his abilities on helping kids get toys. But that's what makes you happy. Yet you still have selfishness in your heart because you feel cheated or robbed in other aspects of your life. I really don't need to tell you this, but you should consider seeing a therapist to work through your personal problems. I think they are something that is latently eating at you and you've probably not properly learned how to handle them. And I'm sure you would retort that you do, and you've been to therapy. Well, that's just a lie...and we both know it. It's okay to get therapy. It makes people stronger and better at understanding how to cope with everyday problems. Sigh...see...even now I can't keep it short, because I want you to be a genuinely good person, but I don't really think it's in you to be one. I think there's something about you that I clearly don't know inside you that is not right. It could be 100 things...but it's there...hmmm. It's funny, but if I had 3 kids, I don't even think I'd spend an hour on my pc a day. I'd be cherishing every moment of my day with them...documenting it for a permanent memory. But alas, you've spent your entire day here. But me, I'm only here because I have the time, with no kids, and a wife who is busy preparing for a presentation, while I watch a movie and play a game after finishing my workout. I mean, to each their own, but sometimes we need to reevaluate how we approach life to get the most out of it. With that said, I'm going to do something better with my night than try to convince someone like you to get help.

And good lord, stop overcompensating and word blowing every single person in here...it's almost reaking of desperation.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:46:40 05/04/2012 by xerokills
#56 Posted: 04:46:20 05/04/2012 | Topic Creator
LOL! Dang, that's some wall of text.

Over it, bro. Fight with someone else, or keep up the attack. Whichever makes you feel better. smilie
---
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#57 Posted: 04:47:08 05/04/2012
All of you exaggerate! I don't even care about skylanders anymore. They're ridiculously hard to find!

So here is what I think all of you sound like:

"ZOMG MORE NEW STUPID HARD TO FIND, PIECES OF **** THAT I WON'T USE IN A FEW MONTHS WILL FLOOD THE STORES IN A FEW WEEKS!!! I NEED TO HAVE THEM NOW BECAUSE IF I DON'T I'LL DIE (even though I'll be seeing hundreds after I find them)!!!"

You need to calm down. There is going to be hundreds in stores after the first release. Anyways what good do you get out of getting them first? Everyone else is going to have them later and have the same experience with them so you need to calm the **** down.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:04:09 05/04/2012 by Whirlwind5598
#58 Posted: 04:51:04 05/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I'd say that's about accurate, Whirlwind, when it comes to all but Wham Shell. I am willing to bet that my theory on Wham Shell is correct.

I find it odd that only one person in the united states is posting it on Ebay, whereas there are tons of Camos and Warnados. I am seriously thinking, that Wham Shell is like 1 to every 5 or more boxes, making him tough to get.

Of course, though, WE NEED TO BRING HIM HOME! Our brother, Wham is out there. HE MUST NOT BE CRABCAKES!
---
#59 Posted: 04:52:17 05/04/2012
Didn't realize constructive criticism is fighting. It's okay...maybe it'll sink in with you at some point and you'll get it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:53:52 05/04/2012 by xerokills
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#60 Posted: 05:24:07 05/04/2012
its posts like this one that prevent me from coming onto this board like i used to. The other board is so slow and useless i dont go there at all really. So the aussies got a figure before the US. Good for them. Its about time the tables were turned on those here in the US.

I got blue bash for someone else, now they don't need it. Its worthless plastic to me as I tossed the receipt and i didn't want it in the first place. I am strongly considering selling my golds and metalic cynder as we don't use them and they are collecting dust on top of the TV.

I got DP and Ltrigs for my son's bday. He gets them on saturday. The hope is that those pieces restore his interest in the game giving me a reason to find the rest. At this point, lightning rod, zook, warnado, camo, and wham-shell are complete after thoughts for me. If my son does take an interest, then maybe I will seek them out. If not, I am saving my $.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#61 Posted: 05:39:06 05/04/2012
Monsinour...I completely understand your tone in that sentiment. It's a lot of money to sink into something that your kids will run out of steam on. If you don't enjoy it and they don't enjoy it, and you don't see the value of holding onto the figures, you can always turn that collection into profit on ebay to get a return on that investment. Then you could always reward your son with something new altogether that he has his heart set on. I'd imagine a collection like yours would fetch a pretty penny on ebay, even if you sold them at face value and got B150-200 for the metallic cynder...as well as another 100 for the gold. Don't feel it's a loss. Talk to your son and see what he thinks. I think it's logical to want to sell them off before they really lose value. There's a lot of people who would gladly take your collection off your hands. Just don't underestimate the value of them in this market. As for blue bash, why not offer it up on the forums. I know there are quite a few who missed the boat there. Even if you get your money back on it...better than nothing. My suggestion is drop it on Craigslist for 20 and see who bites...then go buy the 2 you want. Also, Toys R Us will take store credit on your unopened Blue Bash. And yes, I advocated scalping it, but only to afford more figures for your son. Not to make a profit ... smilie Even if you technically are making a profit. It was a 1 per guest thing anyways, and consider it a convenience charge...I sound awful here...lol
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:40:21 05/04/2012 by xerokills
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#62 Posted: 05:53:22 05/04/2012
hey Gamemaster i'll try and help you find one i haven't found one yet and i don't really expect to find a Camo or warnado for a while
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
dbaez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1242
#63 Posted: 06:00:04 05/04/2012
I thought I saw Wham Shell today. He was being beaten up by five kids in different colored suits with masks. But then I got a closer look and him and knew I was mistaken...

[User Posted Image]
#64 Posted: 06:01:53 05/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks, Music.

And lol, Dbaez.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:02:13 05/04/2012 by GameMaster78
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#65 Posted: 06:37:21 05/04/2012
How much are skylanders over there because im thinking about buying Camo and Warnado from America considering they won't be here for a while
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#66 Posted: 07:33:01 05/04/2012
long and short of it...pretty pricey...
---
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6303
#67 Posted: 11:24:50 05/04/2012
Guys has it ever occurred to you that Wamshell is coming in a extra wave with singles of trigger happy and gillgrunt with a smiliesmiliesmilie three pack. (I heard this in a online article about skylanders)
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#68 Posted: 11:59:02 05/04/2012
Two water types in a 3pack? Um...no. never gonna happen.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#69 Posted: 14:49:37 05/04/2012
All this rage. All dose Hamboigahs.

If you guys were paying attention, a Wham has been sighted on ebay in California...so..they're probably coming this way soon. If all goes right, I'd guess they'll be here before Easter.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#70 Posted: 15:00:49 05/04/2012
i have a better question! why america has camo and warnado while in italy zook and l-rod aren't released yet? *angry*
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#71 Posted: 15:05:25 05/04/2012
Quote: voodude
i have a better question! why america has camo and warnado while in italy zook and l-rod aren't released yet? *angry*

Well..I'd say it's mostly because the game was released first in the US, so naturally the US gets things first. (Although not for everything of course)
I dunno how different the game is in other languages, but they might also have to make different chips for the characters (so their names and what not are in the native language) as well as any sort of packaging for them.
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#72 Posted: 15:40:12 05/04/2012
Quote: Monsinour
I got blue bash for someone else, now they don't need it. Its worthless plastic to me as I tossed the receipt and i didn't want it in the first place. I am strongly considering selling my golds and metalic cynder as we don't use them and they are collecting dust on top of the TV.

If you aren't planning to collect them, I would definitely sell the rare figures while they are red-hot and fetching some nice dollars. I like the idea of collecting all 32 figures, but even Dark Spyro and the legendaries seem like fluff to me.

And upon hearing that the re-posed figures will be able to level higher than 10, it makes me want to sell the figures I already have and just get the new ones when they come out, since they will work with the original game, anyway. I don't see myself having 64 of the original figures plus the new ones released exclusively for the Giants game.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#73 Posted: 15:53:40 05/04/2012
Himewad. I think you're actually right. If one was able to part with their collection without the original rares. You could probably get your money back on that investment...or maybe 80% of it now vs 40-50% of it in a few months after launch of the new set. Then you could use that money and buy the reposes and you're good. But the repose figures won't work on the old ones, will they? I plan to be able to go back and play original Skylanders and Giants and beyond. I see it as a game I will revisit another day in my life.

Hmmm...what to do...what to do.
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#74 Posted: 15:56:54 05/04/2012
Quote: xerokills
Himewad. I think you're actually right. If one was able to part with their collection without the original rares. You could probably get your money back on that investment...or maybe 80% of it now vs 40-50% of it in a few months after launch of the new set. Then you could use that money and buy the reposes and you're good. But the repose figures won't work on the old ones, will they? I plan to be able to go back and play original Skylanders and Giants and beyond. I see it as a game I will revisit another day in my life.

Hmmm...what to do...what to do.

According to that article I read, the re-posed figures are supposed to work on the original game, but they will not level past 10 except on the Giants game. The 8 new figures and 8 giants will only work on the new game.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#75 Posted: 17:38:44 05/04/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

Well..I'd say it's mostly because the game was released first in the US, so naturally the US gets things first.

Actually, the EU got the game two days before the US.

We've just got L-Rod and Zook here in the UK, Voodude - keep an eye out over there!
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#76 Posted: 18:17:52 05/04/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets
Quote: spyroflame0487

Well..I'd say it's mostly because the game was released first in the US, so naturally the US gets things first.

Actually, the EU got the game two days before the US.

We've just got L-Rod and Zook here in the UK, Voodude - keep an eye out over there!

today i checked gamesbond website and it said dragon's peak is available, but i found nothing. gamestop still has wave 4 listed for 27/4. i think i have to wait...
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#77 Posted: 21:07:44 05/04/2012
Quote: D-Rex
Quote: CAV
............................Dude it's just a toy. It isn't essential. You won't die if you don't find it right away. Toy collecting isn't that important.

You haven't meet many toy collectors, have you?

I have met enough to know they're all full of ****.

Quote: GameMaster78

Do you take the advice of someone who throws out a blatant assumption, or childish attacks, or do you laugh and feel sorry for them? The latter, especially when you have proof of just some you have helped out -

Another thing I learned in life, and Casey Anthony makes for a good example, is that sometimes people will attack you for what they are really guilty of.

People do it all the time. It's a simple observation. When Casey Anthony was on trial, she tried to divert the guilt of what she did to her daughter, onto everyone in her family. Her dad, her mother, her own brother. She tried so hard, but everyone knew the truth.

Two things:

1. Do you trust and respect someone who tosses out photo proof to defend himself from claims at every moment? Or do you just find them desperate to maintain a good image, pity them, and laugh?

2. Did you just compare your situation to Casey Anthony? Dude.....................just no.
#78 Posted: 21:23:04 05/04/2012 | Topic Creator
The point about Anthony, and it can be said about anyone due to simple observation, is that us humans have the knack to put off our own guilt, onto others. It's like people who take their problems out on others. This has nothing to due with murder, duh, but the point is, during that trial, she showed the human knack for diverting guilt, in plain sight.

As for me posting photo proof of whatever. That simply shows that the person who is calling you out on any given matter, is clearly doing it with a blind eye. It's without merrit and the subject of rage or def mad-ism. smilie
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#79 Posted: 21:29:56 05/04/2012
^Then use a better example. I know what your intention was, but still comparing your case to a case where someone murdered their own child is wrong.
skylanderswain Red Sparx Gems: 93
#80 Posted: 03:46:42 06/04/2012
The guy on Ebay in Cali really doesnt have him yet hthe e is just saying he does so he can get more money out of the one he is getting pre ordered. Why do you think he is so confident that NO ONE else has one on ebay. Just pre orders
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#81 Posted: 03:49:49 06/04/2012
Quote: skylanderswain
The guy on Ebay in Cali really doesnt have him yet hthe e is just saying he does so he can get more money out of the one he is getting pre ordered. Why do you think he is so confident that NO ONE else has one on ebay. Just pre orders

Well this auction from Mill Valley, CA says he has it in hand...and has a pic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item33744b0e82
ransledsky Green Sparx Gems: 364
#82 Posted: 05:27:46 06/04/2012
Another Whammy just washed ashore in Florida. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...76#ht_500wt_922
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#83 Posted: 05:34:57 06/04/2012
shocking...The Whaminator is invading from caostal states
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
#84 Posted: 05:38:53 06/04/2012
Anyone notice they are using the same pic in their posts. I am not believing they have them. I think they think they'll have them soon, so they're lying and trying to max their profit by idiots buying them up. They aren't here yet. Pretty darn sure about that.
---
ransledsky Green Sparx Gems: 364
#85 Posted: 12:01:30 06/04/2012
Chalk one more up for the land down under. Whammy must be Aussie. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...72#ht_615wt_922
avicenna Red Sparx Gems: 38
#86 Posted: 13:41:30 06/04/2012
hey everyone,

this is the guy in California with the Wham Shell figure on eBay, I have been getting a million meesages asking me where I got it and how I got it, and in a few, can you show a picture of you with it etc...

I just want to alleviate anyones doubts about whether I actually have it or not by posting another pic of it literally "in hand"

Also, the guy in Florida is a complete fraud, he is using my original pic (only resized in much worse quality) and if you read the actual description his auction is for a Legendary Trigger Happy!! What a jerk to use Wham Shell in the title just to trick people.

Here is the pic:

[User Posted Image]
avicenna Red Sparx Gems: 38
#87 Posted: 13:47:40 06/04/2012
My mistake, not the guy in Florida, the other Wham Shell auction that is using my pic
slpfw0802 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#88 Posted: 13:50:16 06/04/2012
^ So what store was it at? This figure is so rare how did you find it at the right place at the right time? That must be some good luck.
Thanks
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Awesome profile pic by nintendofan92
#89 Posted: 13:52:24 06/04/2012
Sweet jesus look at that paint. Is that eggshell white? And the texture! Oh my!
---
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#90 Posted: 14:10:51 06/04/2012
I have composed a song (based off of Veggietales) : Oh where is my Wham-Shell? Oh where is my Wham-Shell? Oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh wherrrrrrrrrrrre, is my Wham-Shell?
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
slpfw0802 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#91 Posted: 14:14:45 06/04/2012
^ lol that song is hilarious! I remember the original! hairbrushes!!! lol

Edit: You have to know the songs to know why i said hairbrushes smilie
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Awesome profile pic by nintendofan92
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:15:27 06/04/2012 by slpfw0802
#92 Posted: 14:16:13 06/04/2012
^Spyro...I think that's an apartment wall paint job. If you live in an apartment, you are stuck with ugly walls. And a thank you for visiting the forums and dispersing the myth of these being legit. I knew yours was likely real. I was debunking the others on there as fakes because they were stealing a photo and they have 4 day auctions meaning they hope it's in hand in the next week. They are taking a gamble.

Now the real question for you Avicenna is where you got it. You don't have to report it here, if you want, you could just PM me, GM78 or anyone where. We're more trying to get people heading in the right direction to find them. So any tips you can give are appreciated.

Thanks again for the nice quality pic of it. You just gave Gamemaster78 the biggest toy boner ever...
---
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#93 Posted: 14:16:45 06/04/2012
Quote: avicenna
hey everyone,

this is the guy in California with the Wham Shell figure on eBay, I have been getting a million meesages asking me where I got it and how I got it, and in a few, can you show a picture of you with it etc...

I just want to alleviate anyones doubts about whether I actually have it or not by posting another pic of it literally "in hand"

Also, the guy in Florida is a complete fraud, he is using my original pic (only resized in much worse quality) and if you read the actual description his auction is for a Legendary Trigger Happy!! What a jerk to use Wham Shell in the title just to trick people.

Here is the pic:

[User Posted Image]

Congrats on Wham-Shell! And that guy is faking Wham-Shell? You could report that to Ebay can't you?
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#94 Posted: 14:28:02 06/04/2012 | Topic Creator
So, guy from California that has it, can you please tell us what store it was located at?
---
#95 Posted: 16:03:34 06/04/2012
dammit i can't wait for wave 5...
---
#96 Posted: 16:15:55 06/04/2012
It just sucks west coast and east coast are delayed in their shipments. Makes me wonder what the heck they were thinking. It's definitely created a tizzy amongst the people out here hunting.
---
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#97 Posted: 16:18:50 06/04/2012
The Florida guy isn't faking. Not that I know him, but I've talked to him a bit, and he's a good dude. He's not trying to pull one over on anyone.
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#98 Posted: 17:37:52 06/04/2012
Why dont ou just wait a couple of days/weeks
AboveSkylands Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#99 Posted: 17:41:15 06/04/2012
I just want to be done already this has been a long gruelling process that they are clearly doing on purpose. If they wanted this to be fun they would just release them already and be done with it. I havent even called any stores today I am getting sick of it and it doesn't even bother me that I am $800.00 in. It bothers me about the slow process of getting this game accomplished. I do not know how they are even going to handle Skylanders Giants. More people will be joining because of the bigger figures and that is going to be ridiculous. I understand about Supply and Demand, but enough is enough!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:42:24 06/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#100 Posted: 17:43:15 06/04/2012
Seriously, what's the point of posting a picture and not stating which store you found him in, unless your specific intent for posting that was to be deliberately obtuse or unhelpful? Without info on the store you found him in, that picture is completely useless, and borders on trolling. You can't have assumed this information was irrelevant, that would be silly.

So, out with it. Store where you found it, or I'm just going to assume the picture is Australian, because that's essentially how much you're going to help anyone find this figure without more information.
First | Page 2 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me