Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > The great missing Wham Shell of North America coalition.
First | Previous | Page 12 of 13 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
The great missing Wham Shell of North America coalition. [CLOSED]
AboveSkylands Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#551 Posted: 18:06:21 20/04/2012
GameMaster I just want to point out this...Yeah Gamemaster what is ironic is if I didn't sell my extra Camo and Warnado no one would have got Wham-Shells from Southernchigga for such a great price because after I bougght my initial one from him I asked him if he could help you guys out and considereing the prices you guys got and the going rate for Wham-Shells on ebay you guys should be thanking me fgor the connection and the deals as well because not only do you not have to look anymore you got them for great price where you guys can still trade them or make money on them. It is Ironic how things work out. if I didn't do that no one would have got any. You may not condone scalping but remember who got you the connection when you look at your Wham-Shells Kapeeshsmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:07:53 20/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#552 Posted: 18:52:13 20/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I agree. You did help me, by alerting me to Chigga. Chigga gave me an excellent deal on mine, unlike others. I really appreciate it.

I just stopped going after scalpers, because I realize there are bigger issues in the world, besides trying to pick fights over toys. I am greatful, though, that you told him to help us out. The transaction with Chigga was very pleasant.

I picked up 5 more Camo and Warnados today, in order to help those closest to me, then spill onto the net, to help the rest.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:52:45 20/04/2012 by GameMaster78
#553 Posted: 19:11:56 20/04/2012
Gamemaster I really dont think it is the average person buying these on ebay though. I think it is Activision or investors trying to drive up the price to keep interest or investors in there company. I do not think it is the average consumer bidding on these up.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:12:23 20/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
#554 Posted: 19:17:29 20/04/2012 | Topic Creator
You think it's people inside Activision, putting them up on Ebay, or just bidding on them?
---
#555 Posted: 19:19:10 20/04/2012
Perhaps both, but definatly bidding on them definatly and even buying them at that price because no one has used buy it now on mine yet and I even lowered Wham-Shell to $80.00ea. I can't go any lower because I am going to use the profit to buy a Individual Dark Spyro, so again I am supporting Activision either way you look at itsmilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:22:28 20/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#556 Posted: 19:32:41 20/04/2012
Quote: AboveSkylands
Perhaps both, but definatly bidding on them definatly and even buying them at that price because no one has used buy it now on mine yet and I even lowered Wham-Shell to $80.00ea. I can't go any lower because I am going to use the profit to buy a Individual Dark Spyro, so again I am supporting Activision either way you look at itsmilie

If you're using the profit from $80 Wham shells, I'll sell you my Dark Spyro for $80... smilie

Also I don't mind what you do either way, however...

Buying stuff in the aftermarket is not supporting Activision. They don't see second had profits, just initial sales.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
#557 Posted: 19:33:48 20/04/2012
Storm I disagree it actually does because it helps there advertising and more words will go around. I'm getting an Individual Factory Sealed Dark Spyro for $50.00, so why would I buy one for $80.00?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:35:25 20/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#558 Posted: 19:36:54 20/04/2012

lol why do you think this??? Or are you just trollin? After the initial purchase from a retail outlet Activision doesn't see a dime. Once it sells for $9.99 or lower that's it, they're done. If a single sells for $100 they don't get a piece of that action so why do you think they'd care enough to drive an auction? Companies like Activision/Blizz and EA HATE 3rd party selling outlets like Gamestop and Ebay because someone else makes profit off of their work without any compensation. So I doubt very much that they are controlling auctions and bidding wars.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:38:19 20/04/2012 by Tigorus
SteveW Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#559 Posted: 19:37:16 20/04/2012
Not that I'd pay the prices people want on Ebay but... I think we should report every listing on Ebay that has Wham Shell in the title when the item has nothing to do with Wham Shell (there are tons of them!). All this scalping stuff is getting ridicilous.

Use of misleading keywords are against Ebay policies. When you report them you need to select "Listing Practices", "Compliation & Informational Items" and then "Misleading or Excessive Keywords". May not be nice but then again neither is buying out 50 skylanders and jacking the prices up.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:44:47 20/04/2012 by SteveW
#560 Posted: 19:42:49 20/04/2012
Storm I disagree it actually does because it helps there advertising and more words will go around. I'm getting an Individual Factory Sealed Dark Spyro for $50.00, so why would I buy one for $80.00?

What I was getting at is that you should wait a bit bro, you'll be able to find single dark spyros for much cheaper. $50 is closer to the "I want it now" price. I bought my sealed one for $10 plus shipping.

I suppose word of mouth helps companies sure, but when consumers have to pay 10x the retail amount to find a guy they should be able to pick up in the store (obviously variants don't count) it also can harm a companies reputation as well. You know what I mean?
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
#561 Posted: 19:44:40 20/04/2012
OMG You all are clueless arent you? Tigorus If Activision hates Gamestop why are they letting them buy the figures used for $4.00? As a Consumer, reseller myself I hate that idea. It's going to hurt the bottom line for Activision once it's all said and done. Why is Activision letting Gamestop get there grubby hands on these figures used if they dont have anything in it to gain themselves? You guys clearly do not understand Supply and demand. Strom the reason I am paying $50.00 for it now is that there arent many on ebay and I know what a pain it will be to search for it at the stores later, alsoIt will go up in value regarldess after it first comes out and I will already have one to decide what to do with.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:47:42 20/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
#562 Posted: 19:50:49 20/04/2012
OMG You all are clueless arent you? Tigorus If Activision hates Gamestop why are they letting them buy the figures used for $4.00? As a Consumer, reseller myself I hate that idea. It's going to hurt the bottom line for Activision once it's all said and done. Why is Activision letting Gamestop get there grubby hands on these figures used if they dont have anything in it to gain themselves? You guys clearly do not understand Supply and demand.

As a gamestop employee I can tell you activision does not want us selling Skylanders used. Or even used video games. They don't have much a choice now unless each skylanders starts to come with an "Online Pass" that ties him to you account permanently or something. They may cook something up in the future, like how they do with their video games. Who knows.

And whether someone buys their Skylanders used from Gamestop or used from an online "reseller" its all the same to activision they still see $0 from that transaction. Not that I want them to see more money, Activision is a greedy piece of ****.

The difference between Gamestop and your average online Scalper is that Gamestop did not shoot around to local stores and buy up all the rare stock then sell them to you for 10x the retail price.

Again I have no problems with scalpers. They are actually not the problem believe it or not. Its the people who buy from them. When someone pays $100 for a Wham-Shell to get it a few weeks earlier, you justified that scalpers actions and they will continue to scalp. If people have a problem with scalpers, don't buy from them. Its that simple.

EDIT

At the end of the day AboveSkyLands, if you want to sell a skylander for $3000 and someone is willing to pay that much. More power to you honestly. No one holds a gun to someones head and forces them to buy from Resellers.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:57:46 20/04/2012 by StormbringerGT
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#563 Posted: 20:02:08 20/04/2012
OMG You all are clueless arent you? Tigorus If Activision hates Gamestop why are they letting them buy the figures used for $4.00? As a Consumer, reseller myself I hate that idea. It's going to hurt the bottom line for Activision once it's all said and done. Why is Activision letting Gamestop get there grubby hands on these figures used if they dont have anything in it to gain themselves? You guys clearly do not understand Supply and demand. Strom the reason I am paying $50.00 for it now is that there arent many on ebay and I know what a pain it will be to search for it at the stores later, alsoIt will go up in value regarldess after it first comes out and I will already have one to decide what to do with.

Ummm you might want to do a little research on this subject my friend. This particular issue isn't as simple as supply and demand. If Gamestop died tomorrow EA and Activision would throw a party. They care about their major retail partners like TRU, Walmart, Target, Bestbuy, Fry's, Amazon (for new sales) and Gamestop to a point and only on new sales. They don't make any money on items that are resold. Hell the back of all of my versions of Skylanders, PS3, 3DS ad P.C. all state very clearly "Not for Resale" where the UPC should be. Now you're telling me you think Activision is rubbing their hands together at the prospect of places like Gamestop selling their figures used when they won't see any of the proceeds from such sales as well as used copies of the game...come on man think again.
#564 Posted: 20:09:19 20/04/2012
Don't worry no one has bought any of my figures yet anyway. If I get stuck with extra ones I'll just return them to the store. BTW I did support Activision because I bought $180.00 in doubles when they were just sitting there. I just happened to be there first.
bhepdogg Red Sparx Gems: 96
#565 Posted: 20:24:23 20/04/2012
Wow, I've seriously got the best neighbor. I've helped her find a bunch of the hard to find Skylanders over the last few months and I just got the following text from her:

"Going to drop this off to you!"
[User Posted Image]

I've now got my Wham-Shell in hand - woohoo! She found it at our local Gamestop today. Apparently they got 12 in today, and only one of them was Wham-Shell. She doesn't have Wham-Shell yet. She has one coming in the mail. My neighbor who did this for me has all of the Skylanders now except Camo & Warnado. Does anyone have an extra Camo & Warnado that they would like to trade for a Wham-Shell? I've got a Wham-Shell coming in from gamestop.com Monday that I could now use to trade for a Camo & Warnado. I'd even throw in another random single that I have (I've got an extra Cynder, Drill Sergeant, Chop Chop, Stump Smash, Flameslinger, Bash & Eruptor). I'd like to return the favor to her for the huge favor she did for me.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
johnnyb771 Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#566 Posted: 20:26:01 20/04/2012
Found a Wham Shell at my Gamestop today. Awesome! Was going to order it last night on Gamestop just did not want to pay the extra shipping, and I thought my store might get him today. They only got one and I know them real well, so no problem pulling it and holding it for me. Now I only need Camo and Warnado, would have had them last week, but due to a phone number mix up, I missed them. Maybe next week on online today or over the weekend.
#567 Posted: 20:30:58 20/04/2012
Do you really believe Gamestop only got one Wham-Shell? I believe they put one out because they had to but the employees kept the rest like at my Somerset Troy MI Mall gamestop when you go there talk to Derrick he will tell u how they do it.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:34:45 20/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
bhepdogg Red Sparx Gems: 96
#568 Posted: 20:42:13 20/04/2012
That may be the case in some gamestops. I've been to a lot of them over the last several months and I could see some of the employees being like that, but I doubt 100% of them are. Some of the employees I talked to couldn't even pronounce the names properly of the Skylanders.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#569 Posted: 21:04:46 20/04/2012
At our Gamestop we put them all out and let the customers sort out who gets what.
---
johnnyb771 Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#570 Posted: 21:15:27 20/04/2012
Yeah these employes at this store don't take the Skylanders, they don't even play the game at this store, and I even told them today about Giants they did not know it was coming this fall. They actually have a list at this store of their best customers, and their numbers and they actually call you when they come in. This is one of the best Gamestop's I have ever had the pleasure of shopping at. They are on the lookout for me for Camo and Warnado also probably next week since they had some last week and I missed them. DM told them they are not allowed to even get them unless there is overstock. I am sure they only got one because they got tons 30-40 piece I live in South Florida and the Closest city is West Palm Beach and its about 60-75 miles or more away, so sometimes they jsut get random stuff in a box. A couple of weeks ago one of the stores got Zook and Lightning Rod just thrown in a box with headphones, hard drives (360) and other random stuff. Manager I spoke with when he opened them was not happy said he was going to report it to corporate because they are not only new items, he had not had but once, and they could have gotten damaged. One store here even got a box not on their register manifest where they check the shipping numbers and stuff, and it was full of new Skyladners. The tracking and shipping showed up on Tuesday, and they got the box on the Friday before. Things here are certainly different than the city, and random stuff shows up all the time in weird boxes. Its not the norm but it is happening a lot lately. Most of my Gamestop's here have older employees that are not really gamers at all, so Skylanders means nothing to them and they are not really scalper type. It is strange that they only got one, but has happened before here. When Cynder and Double Trouble came out, same thing happened. I got the only two they got, and I was standing there when they opened the box and saw what was in it. Its like my Walmart here they got some in this morning, lots of old ones and one Zook just thrown in as they were putting them out. Can't say about other parts of the country but here 1 could show up anywhere at any time. Happy Hunting and God Bless!!
#571 Posted: 21:18:27 20/04/2012
What good is it to ship one when hundreds of people are looking for Zook. Activision is doing it to themselves if you ask me. That is why I bought my individual Dark Spyro just now I know how it will be. it will be a space filler until I find one at the store.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:20:36 20/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
ramster1221 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1957
#572 Posted: 21:04:50 21/04/2012
Just found 2 Wham Shells and a Camo at Walmart.
#573 Posted: 21:13:06 21/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Grats, Ramster.
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#574 Posted: 01:43:44 22/04/2012
Do you really believe Gamestop only got one Wham-Shell? I believe they put one out because they had to but the employees kept the rest like at my Somerset Troy MI Mall gamestop when you go there talk to Derrick he will tell u how they do it.

I think Activision's God-awful distribution system is very likely to be ridiculous enough to just send one Wham-Shell to GameStop. After all, if they waste too much space in these boxes on Wham-Shell, how will they have enough room for loads of Chop Chop, Eruptor, Wrecking Ball, and the perennial favorite, Boomer?
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#575 Posted: 02:15:28 22/04/2012
i was nearly 5min off from getting wham shell today soo close to completing my collection yet so far away lol
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#576 Posted: 03:03:55 22/04/2012
If anybody wants I will trade a Wham-Shell for a Camo and Warnado. I want to make a set of the last three. PM me.....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:04:58 22/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#577 Posted: 21:15:05 22/04/2012
we must find the wham shells!
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
#578 Posted: 01:17:28 24/04/2012
I went to Wal Mart today and they didn't have any of the new figures. They had a hook full of Stealth Elf's. What a joke Wal Mart is in MI.
S0MBRE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#579 Posted: 01:51:49 24/04/2012
went to gamestop in ma today and they had wham shell got myself 3 of them
#580 Posted: 02:07:51 24/04/2012
I wont buy from Gamestop. Best of luck with that huge Sticker.
S0MBRE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#581 Posted: 02:10:25 24/04/2012
actually i called them before they put them out and they held them for me and they had no stickers on them
dbaez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1242
#582 Posted: 02:37:03 24/04/2012
Wham Shell came in the mail from Gamestop today. 37/37 bay-bee !!! I am so glad to be done with the search. Although I might try for a crystal Stealth Elf if I can find one for a good price (yeah, right)....
Erica0680 Red Sparx Gems: 40
#583 Posted: 02:54:48 24/04/2012
nice. I hate those stickers, I will only by mine from there if i intend to add it to my son's playable collection. I have a seperate boxed set that is up on the wall next to my computer. I ordered 2 wham shells from gamestop.com today, so that should complete my sets :-)
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie,
smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie,smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie,smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie,smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie,smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie,smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie,smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie,smiliesmiliesmilie
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#584 Posted: 04:12:37 24/04/2012
guy's apply zippo lighter fluid to the labels and let sit for five minutes then peel sticker off then use a little zippo on soft cloth to wipe off sticker residue and let dry it will be all good I have done this for years use only enough fluid to coat the sticker till it looks wet and that how you do it.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#585 Posted: 13:46:18 24/04/2012 | Topic Creator
That doesn't ruin the art on the package itself?
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#586 Posted: 14:02:36 24/04/2012
Honestly, the stickers are pretty easy to get off. Or at least if you're real careful about it. I was able to peel them off of the cardboard for the returned figures just fine, and a little bit of Goo-Gone on the sticky part cleaned it right up.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#587 Posted: 16:25:03 24/04/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
That doesn't ruin the art on the package itself?

If you only soak label and don't let it sit to long ni I have never ruined a package so far. Good luck.......
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#588 Posted: 16:34:54 24/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I was just curious. Usually, I've been lucky enough to catch a Gamestop just getting them in, so they don't have a chance to sticker it.

At one time, they used tough stickers like they are now. However, after that time, they were using vinyl stickers, which come off super easy. I wonder why they went back to the sucky residue, tough as nails to get off, stickers?
---
Alcatalog Blue Sparx Gems: 753
#589 Posted: 18:17:26 24/04/2012
Whooooops I bought one on eBay, I had forgotten I placed a bid last week. Now I'm out $51 ugh
---
Got 38
#590 Posted: 19:09:59 24/04/2012
Called Activision to ask them whats up with them only sending 1-5 to a store and they blame it on the fact that they Hand Paint these and it takes a long time, but I dont believe it they are purposely trying to keep them rare. JMHO...
#591 Posted: 20:58:11 26/04/2012
Wow, Wham Shell is turning out to be the most difficult one to find, I can't help but think Activision is doing this on purpose...
#592 Posted: 21:11:11 26/04/2012 | Topic Creator
They most likely are.

I laugh at that hand painted crap. There is no way these things are hand painted to perfection, or there would have been a shortage at all times. They even said these things are mass produced, whereas the first ones were hand made.

Maybe it's just an Activision rep who knows no better.
---
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#593 Posted: 21:14:33 26/04/2012
I had a nightmare last night that my cousin spilled something on my Skylanders figures and was using nail polish remover to clean them and the ones she finished ended up white.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
SpyroTek Blue Sparx Gems: 516
#594 Posted: 22:04:46 26/04/2012
Quote: sykotek
I had a nightmare last night that my cousin spilled something on my Skylanders figures and was using nail polish remover to clean them and the ones she finished ended up white.

Cool, you can customize 'em now!
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#595 Posted: 22:29:33 26/04/2012
^Nah, limited edition Whitemare Skylanders!

...I wasn't joking btw...it's quite sad to have dreams about Skylanders I think.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#596 Posted: 22:32:33 26/04/2012
Got my wham shell yesterday form GameStop.com and he is AMAZING!!! He's so cool! Plus if you guys want a free wham shell click the link in my signature!
#597 Posted: 14:09:16 30/04/2012
Anyone seen Wham Shell at Target yet?
Alcatalog Blue Sparx Gems: 753
#598 Posted: 18:39:42 30/04/2012
Quote: SteveW
Anyone seen Wham Shell at Target yet?

Nope! I've not even seen any wave 4 @target...
---
Got 38
#599 Posted: 20:41:28 03/05/2012
My Target in MI finally had Wham-Shell! They held it for me and I sold it in less than 12 hrs on ebay for $45.00 and Shipping! That was my extra one! That's what I am talking about!
#600 Posted: 18:24:09 04/05/2012
That was nice of you to grab it and profit from it while others have yet to find one
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:24:27 04/05/2012 by SteveW
First | Previous | Page 12 of 13 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me