Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Skylanders Down Under :) [CLOSED]
Corroded Arceus Green Sparx Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 03:48:36 03/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Since there's a thread for Skylanders in the UK, I though I'd create one for Australia, since I see alot of topics pop up of this nature. Basically, post here what you have seen in stores, what your favourite stores are, what you've recently bought, and what you want. Please be respectful in your dealings with others here!

As for me, I'm aiming to get the Drobot - Flameslinger - Stump Smash Pack 3 next, since I just need a Life and a Fire element to help me complete the game. I'm also keeping my eye out for a single of Eruptor, who I have only ever seen in a 3pack, and also looking for a 3-pack of Boomer, Voodood and Prism Break, since I have not seen them in Adelaide at all. I'm also still yet to see Dragon's peak, but I'm not worrying about that just yet.
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#2 Posted: 08:15:24 03/04/2012
hey corroded again its great to have another person from Adelaide ive seen D/F/SS and B/V/PB triple packs everywhere these past couple of weeks dick smith, big w and target always have them in i really want to find a camo warnado and wham shell to complete my collection
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#3 Posted: 09:36:55 03/04/2012
Quote: Corroded Arceus
Since there's a thread for Skylanders in the UK, I though I'd create one for Australia, since I see alot of topics pop up of this nature. Basically, post here what you have seen in stores, what your favourite stores are, what you've recently bought, and what you want. Please be respectful in your dealings with others here!

As for me, I'm aiming to get the Drobot - Flameslinger - Stump Smash Pack 3 next, since I just need a Life and a Fire element to help me complete the game. I'm also keeping my eye out for a single of Eruptor, who I have only ever seen in a 3pack, and also looking for a 3-pack of Boomer, Voodood and Prism Break, since I have not seen them in Adelaide at all. I'm also still yet to see Dragon's peak, but I'm not worrying about that just yet.

I could give you all of those except Stump Smash and Dragons Peak (still searching)

Any way, Target is a good store to go to if you need Skylanders, Big W is bad and EBgames hardly orders them at all.
I recently got Cynder and Whirlwind from Target.
---
Why am I back
#4 Posted: 11:59:14 03/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Actually, I've found Big W to be excellent in terms of Skylanders. I've gotten my Cynder, my Bash and my Dino-Rang/Hex/Zap 3-pack from there. K-Mart however... well, I've only ever seen K-Mart having stocked about 3 single packs behind their electronics counter... which is kinda lame really but oh well. But hey, I had no idea that Dick Smith stocked Skylanders! I'll have to check that out.

Does anyone know if the Australian TRUs have Legendary Trigger Happy? My closest is a fair way away from me up in the hills.
#5 Posted: 21:57:29 03/04/2012
Well actually K mart Target and big w are the best the ones at noarlunga big w had all of the wave 3 singles, K mart had the WHOLE back of the game section filled with them and at marion target they always have skylanders up for grabs and TRU never gets stocked in Australia
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#6 Posted: 22:22:02 03/04/2012
I have been too busy to check TRU for a week+ but last time I talked to them, they still had their heads up their proverbials wrt SL and stocking anything at all.

One TRU would say that they thought they would get stock but another would respond negatively.

For the most recent wave I have found Target to be the place for expansions (including Dragon's Peak) and JB Hifi for singles/3 packs.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#7 Posted: 02:27:32 04/04/2012 | Topic Creator
They sell them at JB's too? Wow, I feel like such a noob for not knowing that. I feel like catching the bus down to Marion right now and going on a big hunt - but I've got darn uni to catch up on.

And Themrmusicman14, I saw that big display at Big W Colonades. Sadly I've been back there recently and it's been turfed back to the electronics for their easter display. They still have a good range, though, and I also saw an excellent range of 3-packs at Big W Hallet Cove if anyone lives down South Adelaide and wants to check that out.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#8 Posted: 02:29:51 04/04/2012
Dick Smith I found great for single packs.
#9 Posted: 06:21:44 04/04/2012
omg corroded i live in hallett cove lol
---
#10 Posted: 06:58:57 04/04/2012
btw EB games marion has Dragons Peak, Darklight Crypt and Empire of Ice
---
#11 Posted: 05:20:15 05/04/2012 | Topic Creator
They do? Agh, I was just there last night and picked up a Zook for Dick Smith's. I won't be able to get in for a while either; just had my wisdom teeth out and can't do much. Oh well, good things come to those who wait. smilie
#12 Posted: 06:43:31 05/04/2012
I went to a local Target today for something non-SL related and they still had heaps of all expansion packs; with luck others do as well?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#13 Posted: 10:59:30 05/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Whipped down to another Kmart store today - this one at Kurrulata Park for you Adelaidians -and saw a huge range of adventure packs, all of them except Dragon's Peak. Shame I had no money on me, but yes, I've seen alot of the adventure packs about lately.
#14 Posted: 11:21:20 05/04/2012
i think im the only other one in adelaide i go there quite a lot they never usually have much but they were the first store that i found wave 2 in though
---
Skylandownunder Green Sparx Gems: 319
#15 Posted: 17:03:38 09/04/2012
I was fortunate enough to find my first Wham-Shell yesterday afternoon at a Big W on the Central Coast of New South Wales.

Because of their scarcity, I purchased the remaining four Wham-Shells that were available and have placed them on eBay.

I have not seen any Warnado's or Camo's in the area that I live in, nor have I ever seen any Crystal, Silver or Gold Skylanders in Australian stores.
Milne44 Green Sparx Gems: 108
#16 Posted: 22:34:15 09/04/2012
you guys are SO lucky! i haven't been to the shops in ages, but am really looking foward to getting the final wave characters when i do. can anyone tell me, even if they are are selling wave 5, are they still selling dragon's peak and zook in south-east queensland? thx smilie

EDIT: sorry about my bad grammar, i guess that's what you get for posting on your 3ds! smilie
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Want: smilie
Thx nitendofan92 for Warnado avatar!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:37:06 09/04/2012 by Milne44
#17 Posted: 23:38:15 09/04/2012
I got most of mine from Big W Maitland.
Don't go there, they don't have much. Most of the time they had none
---
Why am I back
Luna-Ice Green Sparx Gems: 368
#18 Posted: 02:18:31 10/04/2012
I was just recently in Hobart, Tassie, and every store that sells these figures had dragons peak. I also bought my DP in Rocky yesterday. But I do find that Big W has the most SL. Does anyone think that they will keep releasing old SL? Because I haven't seen any wave 1 since the new waves came out.
---
Kaos: "I'll be watching your back... Unless you are facing towards me, then I'll be watching your front... Either way, you'll be watched, BY ME!!!!!"
Milne44 Green Sparx Gems: 108
#19 Posted: 03:57:36 10/04/2012
^ When Cynder was released, there were Chop Chops and Flameslingers GALORE and I've also seen lots of Drobots and Stealth Elfs around too.

ANYWAY, I just came back from Target in Southport Park on the Gold Coast in Queensland, and here is what I found:
smilie Adventure Pack
smilie Adventure Pack
smilie smilie smilie 3 Pack
AND... Wait for it, wait for it.......

A smilie ADVENTURE PACK! I only needed to get Sunburn so I tried not to look at everything else as I left the store. So yeah, if you'll excuse me, I have a Signature to change. smilie
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Want: smilie
Thx nitendofan92 for Warnado avatar!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:59:12 10/04/2012 by Milne44
#20 Posted: 05:07:03 15/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Just out of curiosity, has anyone found Camo or Warnado in Australia anywhere? I picked up a Wham-Shell the other day luckily, but haven't seen Camo, Warnado or DP anywhere. I also can't seem to find an Eruptor single pack ANYWHERE.
#21 Posted: 05:18:22 15/04/2012
I found a wham shell last week at victor harbor but no Camo or Warnado Dragons peak is at most eb games like Hallett Cove southgate plaza and Castle Plaza
---
#22 Posted: 07:42:46 15/04/2012
DP has been available at Targets for some time.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#23 Posted: 08:58:38 15/04/2012
^ Yeah thats the first place that got them i think and it was the place where i got mine
---
#24 Posted: 15:09:57 15/04/2012
I have not come across any Camo's or Warnado's on the Central Coast of New South Wales.

Does anyone have any idea of when these guys will be released?
#25 Posted: 03:35:25 17/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm not quite sure if there are any Camos or Warnados in Australia - it seems that America got those two and we got Wham-Shell. I'm waiting for the 3-pack with Ignitor anyway, since it's cheaper.

Still can't find Eruptor anywhere!
Kookie Ninja Red Sparx Gems: 88
#26 Posted: 07:35:29 17/04/2012
All i want is the 3 pack with warnado and camo and ingnitor,.... I live near knox city, anyone else?If u do the target therr is loaded with wave 2 3 and 4
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#27 Posted: 08:29:28 17/04/2012
Yeah, I went to the Knox City Target last weekend.
#28 Posted: 08:39:34 17/04/2012
I went to Big w at Hallett Cove and Noarlunga today and all they had were wave 3 wave 2 and wave 1 and a Darklight Crypt and while i was there i checked into eb games and they had drill sargeant, Empire of ice and Darklight crypt
---
#29 Posted: 06:08:59 18/04/2012
If any people in Adelaide still haven't got L rod or Ignitor singles K mart Noarlunga has them in stock
---
#30 Posted: 05:46:08 21/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I sucessfully found Eruptor yesterday after a reasonably long search. I also saw Camo at both Target Adelaide and JBHi-Fi West Lakes, but didn't buy him because I'm waiting for his 3 pack, since you basically get 3 Skylanders for the price of 2.
#31 Posted: 06:08:28 21/04/2012
Camo and Warnado available at Big W Capalaba.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#32 Posted: 06:32:08 21/04/2012
Hey corroded nice finds any Warnado? I have both that i got from Big W marion
---
#33 Posted: 12:29:43 21/04/2012
Warnado's and Camo's were in JB Hi-Fi at Tuggerah on the Central Coast of New South Wales on Thursday.

I have not seen either character in any other stores at present.
#34 Posted: 01:11:35 23/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Has anyone else noticed that there are no Skylanders at Dick Smiths anymore? Have they stopped selling them or something?
#35 Posted: 03:17:32 23/04/2012
I just don't think they get/got many in.

I still see some now and then.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#36 Posted: 06:03:42 23/04/2012
They're thinking about taking the whole game section down well thats what some other people are saying
---
#37 Posted: 06:24:31 23/04/2012 | Topic Creator
That is a shame - oh well, less profit for them, then. smilie

Another thing I wanted to ask you guys: Do us Aussies have to buy the legendaries online? Or is there some place that sells them here?
#38 Posted: 07:06:29 23/04/2012
Toys r us are getting them in at the end of the month
---
lippyskillz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1371
#39 Posted: 18:23:09 27/04/2012
smilie Yeah can't find legendaries anywhere including Trigger.

Also havent sen Whammy anywhere
#40 Posted: 21:48:36 27/04/2012
Whammy came in before Camo and Warnado - when the latter two came in limited Whammies came with them.

My local JB Hifi just got some so they will come again soon(ish).
---
Soylent Green is People!
#41 Posted: 22:11:54 27/04/2012
I see Whammy EVERYWHERE now!
---
#42 Posted: 02:42:06 28/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I haven't seen any Whammy since my lucky find in Big W that tme, but I did see Dragon's Peak at quite a few places at Marion yesterday, as well as both Camo and Warnado in JB's there.

Also it turns out I was wrong about Dick Smiths not stocking Skylanders anymore. I walked in there yesterday morning and there was a HUGE cart of Skylanders ready to be unloaded. You should have seen how wide my eyes were!

Oh and by the way, if anyone sees the 3pack with Camo and Warnado in it anywhere in Adelaide, could you give me a shout? It's the last 3 pack I need. Then it's just 3 single packs, the adventure packs, and I'm done!
palmo Green Sparx Gems: 380
#43 Posted: 05:00:13 28/04/2012
Go to EBgames as they have the EBworlds deal of upgardes and you can preorder from there.
---
Skylander contest here:
palmo's contest
lippyskillz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1371
#44 Posted: 05:06:39 28/04/2012
likewise. looking for the Camo Triple pack.
#45 Posted: 05:56:13 28/04/2012
Well today i went to noarlunga and this is what i saw: (No warnado camo or wham shell here though)
Eb Games: Empire of Ice, Dragons Peak, Darklight Crypt, Pirate Seas, Stealth Elf Triple, Whirlwind Triple
Big W: Pirate Seas, Darklight Crypt, Empire of Ice, Whirlwind Triple, Flameslinger Triple, Drill Sergeant, Cynder, Stealth Elf, Whirlwind, Double Trouble, Drobot, Chop chop, Flameslinger
K Mart: Zook Triple, Empire Of Ice, Darklight Crypt, Pirate Seas, Prism Break triple, Flameslinger Triple, Whirlwind Triple, Dino Rang, Zap, Wrecking Ball, Stealth Elf
Jb Hi Fi: Dragons Peak, Empire of Ice, Darklight Crypt, Pirate Seas, Flameslinger Triple, Stealth Elf Triple, Zap Triple, Prism Break Triple, Wrecking Ball, Zap, Chop Chop, Eruptor, Dino Rang, Hex

Corroded which skylanders where at Dick Smith?
---
drummerw Green Sparx Gems: 335
#46 Posted: 06:49:05 28/04/2012
I am in NSW and there are no wham shell's to be found all the way from bondi to nowra, I have called every target, big w, ebgames, game, dicksmith, and jb hifi any sightings in this area would be helpful as he is the only one of the standard 32 I need. Keep an eye out at big w's for glow in the dark there were three wrecking balls two weeks ago they sold with in five minutes
---
37/37 + Blue bash + Walmart Red drill Segant
#47 Posted: 07:46:10 28/04/2012
Did you get camo and warnado in NSW or did you get them from somewhere else? Because if you got them there wham shell will probably be there too
---
drummerw Green Sparx Gems: 335
#48 Posted: 08:21:17 28/04/2012
got them from a local store the box that they came in had six it had eruptor, camo, warnado, zap, wrecking ball and dinorang. My local big w store had 65 boxes of those.
---
37/37 + Blue bash + Walmart Red drill Segant
#49 Posted: 09:24:06 28/04/2012 | Topic Creator
It was at Marion; I didn't get to see what most of the Skylanders were since they were still in shipping boxes, but the ones I did see were mostly adventure packs.
#50 Posted: 00:14:01 29/04/2012
Did a little Skylanders shopping yesterday. I didn't have much money so I didn't buy anything.
There seems to be a lot of Chop chop, Hex and Drill Sergent in Target and Kmart. And I saw Empire of Ice and a few triple packs in EB games.
---
Why am I back
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me