Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
2 Seconds 2 Late. [CLOSED]
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#1 Posted: 21:57:58 30/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Just went to TRU. I had to return a bunch of stuff and i'm still looking for Lightning Rod.

I returned my stuff and walked to the Skylanders aisle. Right when I walked over there was a man with a two year old in his arms. He picked up the Lightning Rod 3 pack. I looked. He had two of them in his hand. TWO.

I followed him to the register to see if they allowed him to buy both/if he was only holding onto it to debate if he wanted both. He bought them both.

SO ANNOYED. If i didn't return my items I would of had one of them!
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#2 Posted: 22:41:37 30/03/2012
Should've been 2 Fast 2 Furious.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#3 Posted: 23:02:35 30/03/2012
^ that was me! lol

anyway thats really too bad
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#4 Posted: 23:19:48 30/03/2012
That's why you always check the Skylanders section before any other part of your shopping. It's a tough lesson, but you've got to take this into account with the rabid demand for these figures.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 23:28:23 30/03/2012
That feel when the kid is going to eat it.

Although you have to admit, at least it's going to someone who appears to have children. Look at it this way; at least you didn't get back there to find a sweaty tubby nerdy guy buying them who was going to resell them later for quadruple the price.

Just keep you chin up and all that. There seems to be a lot of them out there so I'm sure you'll find them soon.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
gbone Green Sparx Gems: 205
#6 Posted: 23:33:35 30/03/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
That feel when the kid is going to eat it.

Although you have to admit, at least it's going to someone who appears to have children. Look at it this way; at least you didn't get back there to find a sweaty tubby nerdy guy buying them who was going to resell them later for quadruple the price.

Just keep you chin up and all that. There seems to be a lot of them out there so I'm sure you'll find them soon.

I saw this today smilie
---

xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#7 Posted: 00:01:29 31/03/2012
My TRU actually has that tubby nerdy guy working at the store. I will show up on Sunday, but I never will expect to find a gold or silver one as he goes through them all and holds the ones he wants. I don't want someone to lose their job over internal scalping, but this kid is about 1-2 more visits away from me calling their corporate offices with his name. Not to mention he's rude, and thinks it's funny that he gets first dibs at things because he's an employee. I'm just waiting for the day someone socks him in the face for screwing over the consumers out there. I hate the feeling I get walking into a store and being looked at like a scalper just because I show up day to day to see if anything new is in so I can complete my collection. I'm glad other stores are getting them. I can't wait till the exclusive agreement is done. At least Amazon doesn't judge me. I shouldn't feel irritated. I'm good looking, have a "real" job, and much more wealth and happiness than his miserable existence probably has. I'm sure he'll be at Emerald City Comic Con this weekend.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#8 Posted: 02:37:16 31/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Just because you have kids doesn't mean you're not a scalper.

A week and a half ago (on the 21st) i went to the store when they opened and because they had only old characters, I gave a lady my ticket so she could get two because she had like a 2 year old in the cart with her and like 2 boys at home.

I saw her last Sunday at a different Toys R Us. She was talking to another mother and was like "Oh yeah you need such and such? I have a bunch of unopened 3 packs at home" which leads me to believe she is scalping them (hopefully not to locals...hopefully the woman she was talking to she'd give actual price too...but...) i'm praying she's not a scalper. Because if she was scalping and made me wait with her and hold the ticket then...

But she was extremely nice to me when I helped her so I can't feel like she was a scalper. Im assuming she just OVER BOUGHT because she knows they're a hot commodity.

Upset though because the guy still could have been a scalper. What is sad to me is that I left the store a few minutes after him and he was driving a really old beat up truck. It wasn't starting, or he was having some trouble with it because he was checking out like...the tires and around the tires.

And all I have to say is if you have a really old truck that doesn't drive right...why are you buying Skylanders?

ALSO SpyroFlame...I don't care if it went to someone with kids. Someone elses kids aren't more important than me >.<
I WILL CHERISH THEM. I WILL NOT CHEW THEM OR THROW THEM ON THE GROUND AND SMACK THEM INTO EACH OTHER TO MAKE THEM "BATTLE"
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#9 Posted: 04:20:40 31/03/2012
OP, you're way too paranoid and self-entitled. Calm down.
I doubt the man was scalping, and you are no more deserving of the toys than anyone else, even if they are just going to buy it and destroy it. Having an older vehicle doesn't factor into whether a person should or should not be buying Skylanders. You don't know his situation, so stop assuming.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Flamethrower Green Sparx Gems: 469
#10 Posted: 05:33:55 31/03/2012
Quote: ialexonline
Upset though because the guy still could have been a scalper. What is sad to me is that I left the store a few minutes after him and he was driving a really old beat up truck. It wasn't starting, or he was having some trouble with it because he was checking out like...the tires and around the tires.

And all I have to say is if you have a really old truck that doesn't drive right...why are you buying Skylanders?

Dude You really got to change your attitude ,WTF dose someone driving a beater of a truck have to do with buying toys for his children? Are you really the type of person that can judge someone by what they drive or what they look like ???? Give your head a shake !!!!! people with attitudes like that are the problem with todays day and age ! who give a crap how much a guy makes or what he drives , he is trying to provide and give happyness to his children and people like you dont think it is right ?

I make 89K a year and drive a Pile of junk for a truck.........but I own my own Home ,well padded bank account ,my wife drives a 2012,my sons play hockey,my daughter in figer skates, I drive a beater so we can buy the extras in life not because I am poor

So dont judge people by looking at them, and if the guy was a scalper TOOO Bad he was there befor you plain and simple!
---
Ones we own |smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:35:06 31/03/2012 by Flamethrower
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#11 Posted: 05:59:19 31/03/2012
^ This. Unless he had the stereotypical scalper look (Overweight, beard that can only grow under the chin, long, potentially unkempt hair if not in a ponytail), you're being rather unfair just by judging based on the condition of a vehicle. Vehicle repairs are quite expensive these days, and getting a complete new one is even more so.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#12 Posted: 08:23:20 31/03/2012
Quote: Flamethrower
Quote: ialexonline

Dude You really got to change your attitude ,WTF dose someone driving a beater of a truck have to do with buying toys for his children? Are you really the type of person that can judge someone by what they drive or what they look like ???? Give your head a shake !!!!! people with attitudes like that are the problem with todays day and age ! who give a crap how much a guy makes or what he drives , he is trying to provide and give happyness to his children and people like you dont think it is right ?

I make 89K a year and drive a Pile of junk for a truck.........but I own my own Home ,well padded bank account ,my wife drives a 2012,my sons play hockey,my daughter in figer skates, I drive a beater so we can buy the extras in life not because I am poor

So dont judge people by looking at them, and if the guy was a scalper TOOO Bad he was there befor you plain and simple!

Thank you! I totally agree. I've not spent more than $5000 on a car(excluding repairs over the years), and nor do I ever intend to. Now, I'm not well off like you (college student), but like you I prioritize other things over having a "fancy" car. Why spend the extra $15k+ on a new car, when I can put that towards other things that I enjoy, or are good investments(because cars are always money pits). If people want to judge me based on what I drive, then they aren't the kind of people I want to know. Even if the man wasn't well off and that's why he had an older vehicle, he still has all the rights in the world to buy what he wants with his own money, so that he and his family can be happy. For all we know he could have been setting aside money for awhile to get those toys. Maybe he has other kids at home, and was buying then as birthday or Easter presents? Whatever the situation(not that it even matters), it's just really disgusting to see so much paranoia and self-entitlement in this community. It ruins it for me worse than any scalpers. I haven't met a nasty scalper yet, but I've met my fair share of nasty Skylander fans and collectors.

Quote: D-Rex
^ This. Unless he had the stereotypical scalper look (Overweight, beard that can only grow under the chin, long, potentially unkempt hair if not in a ponytail), you're being rather unfair just by judging based on the condition of a vehicle. Vehicle repairs are quite expensive these days, and getting a complete new one is even more so.

This is no better than OP. Appearances mean nothing. Unless the person labels themselves as a reseller, or is openly behaving like a scalper(such as trying to get people to buy figures from them in the parking lot for 200%+ the market value), then don't assume they are scalpers. I don't fit the stereotype that plays this game. I don't have kids, and I'm not a kid. I'm just an adult that likes collecting and playing video games, so I wonder how many people have judged me as a scalper, just because I don't look like the kind of person to be interested in Skylanders.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#13 Posted: 09:10:32 31/03/2012
I saw her last Sunday at a different Toys R Us. She was talking to another mother and was like "Oh yeah you need such and such? I have a bunch of unopened 3 packs at home" which leads me to believe she is scalping them...

That sounds like GM78 - see, you can't pre-judge someone solely based on circumstantial evidence.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Takua11 Green Sparx Gems: 243
#14 Posted: 09:37:36 31/03/2012
You could´ve just ask him to give you the second pack. He either says yes or no, but it wouldn´t have hurt.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me