Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > How would you rate the Adventure Packs in WANTness?
Page 1 of 1
How would you rate the Adventure Packs in WANTness? [CLOSED]
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#1 Posted: 17:19:26 30/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Mine would be:
(Most Wanted)
1. Dragon's Peak (ft. Sunburn smilie )
2. Empire of Ice (ft. Slam-bam smilie )
3. Darklight Crypt (ft. Ghost Roaster smilie )
4. Pirate Seas (ft. Terrafin smilie )
(Least Wanted)
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:20:38 30/03/2012 by reventon777
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#2 Posted: 17:20:46 30/03/2012
Mine would be:

1. DP
4. = EoI, DC, PS
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:20:59 30/03/2012 by bisylizzie
judasghost Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#3 Posted: 17:25:50 30/03/2012
Darklight Crypt reminded me of clever Zeldaesque puzzles so that one is my favorite of the four. Occulous is a cool character to boot.

i never finished Dragon's Peak because when i accidentally skipped over the last hat and couldn't go back, i exited out. (this was last night).

Empire of Ice was frustrating until i decided to go with a flying character (Cynder).

Pirate Seas is definitely the weakest and got quite annoying with some guy screaming BOOTY, HAT, and SCHOONER at me.
---
37/37 (as of 8/15/12) ... 3/4 sidekicks (as of 8/17/12) ... 4th sidekick came in 8/22/12
5/8 giants .. 5/8 new guys .. 2/8 light core .. 1/? battle packs
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#4 Posted: 17:32:38 30/03/2012
1. Dragon's Peak
2. Empire of Ice
3. Pirate Seas
4. Darklight Crypt

Darklight Crypt was cool, but the puzzles were super annoying. I actually dread having to go through it again to get the three star completion. Pirate Seas is higher on my list than DC only because it has Terrafin and is very much less annoying. Memory games are easy while beating out the puzzle challenges from DC are not. EOI was cool overall, but Dragon's Peak was definitely the best. I just played that level with my boyfriend today and we loved most of it. (The anticlimatic ending was the only thing that we didn't love.)
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:17:13 30/03/2012 by Madel
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#5 Posted: 18:19:23 30/03/2012
1. Dragon's Peak
2. Darklight Crypt
3. Empire of Ice
4. Pirate Seas

Dragon's Peak is the best, most well designed AP by far, and it doesn't disappoint on the 3DS version with a boss fight against Vathek himself. Darklight Crypt is also a cool level that requires thinking to figure out how to go on. Empire of Ice is quite nice, though the sliding ice portions can get annoying. Pirate Seas, while cool in theme and design, gets real old real fast with all the pirate card games.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:19:37 30/03/2012 by D-Rex
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#6 Posted: 18:26:41 30/03/2012
Darklight Crypt > dragon's peak > pirate seas > empire of ice
love ghost roaster > sunburn is really cool > Terrafin for the wiin > well, you get the santa hat at least..
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:28:12 30/03/2012 by exosquad
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#7 Posted: 18:28:14 30/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I especially like it that Dragon's Peak is able to be seen in the Skylands overview in the original trailer, well from pics i've seen, what it supposedly looks like. I force myself not to watch vids of it so everything is a surprise when i eventually get it.
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#8 Posted: 18:30:19 30/03/2012
Quote: exosquad
love ghost roaster > sunburn is really cool > Terrafin for the wiin > well, you get the santa hat at least..

He doesn't like Yeti Funky Kong!

[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#9 Posted: 18:45:47 30/03/2012
1 smilie the level sucks but come on... he's a street shark! also the treasure chest
2 smilie
3 smilie
4 smilie the level is too annoying and the boss is a joke; ghost roaster is quite nice but horrible in pve. only healing elixir and time twister are really helpful
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:46:06 30/03/2012 by voodude
SteveW Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#10 Posted: 18:52:59 30/03/2012
Pirate Seas
Darklight Crypt
Empire of Ice
Dragons Peak
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#11 Posted: 19:22:37 30/03/2012
I think in terms of my own personal want, Dragon's Peak was at the top for a while. Not only because it contained the last Fire Skylander I needed, but also because of Sparx. After that, there was a while when Empire of Ice was at my tops because of it coming out, but I then found it shortly after the release luckily.

Pirate Seas and Darklight Crypt were nothing for me because when I got the game, I also bought the one and got one free at TRU so I had them both right out of the gate.

In terms of overall want-itude from the general public:

1)Dragon's Peak
2)Empire of Ice
3)Darklight Crypt
4)Pirate Seas
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Laurix Blue Sparx Gems: 643
#12 Posted: 20:22:44 30/03/2012
Quote: exosquad

Same for me!

DC > DP > PS > EoI
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#13 Posted: 00:33:14 31/03/2012
I resally want pirate seas to complete my adventure packs and earth skylanders so..

1. Pirate Seas, just cuz i want it so bad

2. Dragons Peak, I have it I just havent played it yet i am tommorow so it might move up.

3.Darklight Crypt, 2 words: Ghost Roaster

4. Empire of Ice, the level was just annoying and slam bam was a let down
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#14 Posted: 00:54:01 31/03/2012
1. Pirate Seas. Best pack-in character (Terrafin), best pack-in magic item (Dragon Chest) and best prize hat (Pirate).
2. Dragon's Peak. Second-best pack-in character (Sunburn), second-best prize hat (Winged).
3-4. Darklight Crypt or Empire of Ice. It doesn't really matter. Both are about equal in terms of perks.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#15 Posted: 02:30:38 31/03/2012
Well, PS was a really quite boring level, however, Terrafin is included here, and is one of the best characters (and most fun) to play with, the best earth skylander by far
DC was a nice change, using the puzzle aspects, but those freaking lock puzzles got really old really fast.

EoI, which I have but haven't played looks pretty gimmicky too, using the ice sliding as it's only feature and is much shorter than the others. And the boss battle is shooting a wall...

Dragon's Peak, which I don't have and havent played looks amazing, and has freaking Sparx in it, nevermind Sunburn. So I would definately go for DP at the top, then EoI, and PS and DC for a tied 3rd.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#16 Posted: 02:48:26 31/03/2012
The Dragon Treasure and Healing Elixir are probably the two best items in the game. Time Twister and Ghost Swords are next.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#17 Posted: 04:54:17 31/03/2012
The only one I actually want is Dragon's Peak.
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#18 Posted: 05:10:50 31/03/2012
for me it goes

1. Dragons Peak (easily the best lvl in the game)
2. Pirate Seas (huge fan of pirates so this lvl was really fun for me)
3. Empire of Ice (ok im gonna admit ima sucker for ice lvls in video games)
4. Darklight Crypt (just couldnt bring myself to like this lvl other than the boss fight)
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#19 Posted: 06:59:00 31/03/2012
Level Wise:
1. Empire of Ice It just seems most like a regular level in the game. I don't have but I am dying for it.
2. Darklight Crypt I love the puzzles and the concept of switching back in forth from living and dead.
3. Dragon's Peak My guide book says it's kinda short but It's better than Pirate Seas.
4. Pirate Seas The level boring the way it revolves around the memory game and it took at least twice to do the ship part.

Character Wise:
1. Terrafin He is probably the best melee character and digging is useful
2. Slam Bam I really want him! Besides, He has really nice melee too.
3. Sunburn I just like the dragons.
4. Ghost Roaster His pain chain makes him look stupid and he dies alot.

Item Wise:
1. Pirate Seas I really like the Dragon Treasure and Ghost Swords are help full.
2. Empire of Ice Sky Iron Shield makes your defence 10x better and Anvil Rain is very useful
3. Darklight Crypt Healing Elxer heals you and Time Twister slows down enemies
4. Dragon's Peak The items just seem useless. (I love Sparx though)
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#20 Posted: 11:15:22 31/03/2012
Quote: Dmcrocks
Level Wise:
1. Empire of Ice It just seems most like a regular level in the game. I don't have but I am dying for it.
2. Darklight Crypt I love the puzzles and the concept of switching back in forth from living and dead.
3. Dragon's Peak My guide book says it's kinda short but It's better than Pirate Seas.
4. Pirate Seas The level boring the way it revolves around the memory game and it took at least twice to do the ship part.

Character Wise:
1. Terrafin He is probably the best melee character and digging is useful
2. Slam Bam I really want him! Besides, He has really nice melee too.
3. Sunburn I just like the dragons.
4. Ghost Roaster His pain chain makes him look stupid and he dies alot.

Item Wise:
1. Pirate Seas I really like the Dragon Treasure and Ghost Swords are help full.
2. Empire of Ice Sky Iron Shield makes your defence 10x better and Anvil Rain is very useful
3. Darklight Crypt Healing Elxer heals you and Time Twister slows down enemies
4. Dragon's Peak The items just seem useless. (I love Sparx though)

making 3 categories is a good idea mind if i steal it? smilie
character:
1 smilie
2 smilie (haven't tried it, but teleport will be fun)
3 smilie
4 smilie

level
1 dragon's peak
2 empire of ice (yes i liked the level!)
3 darklight crypt
4 pirate seas

items:
1 pirate seas (money cheat!)
2 darklight crypt
3&4 the other two. i haven't tried them yet. but anvil rain seems useful.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#21 Posted: 14:15:07 31/03/2012
Level Wise:
Dragon's Peak- Really awesome
Empire of Ice- Like the level and the thing at the end is pretty cool to do
Darklight Crypt- fun and I like the night to day thing, but just too long, longest level in the game.
Pirate Seas- Basically all you do is play the card game, which is boring.

Characters:
Sunburn- really cool
Slam Bam- strong
Terrafin- underground move makes him hard to hit
Ghost Roaster- he's cool but not as strong as the other three.

Item Wise:
Hidden Treasure and Ghoat swords- money cheat and the swords can let you rest awhile.
Elixir and Time Twister- healing and slowing down enimes, pretty useful.
Spare and Wonged Boot- spars helps a lot in battles, the show just makes you faster
Shield and Anvil rain- shield protects you anvil rain, don't really care that much because it will only hurt enemies if the anvil lands on them.
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#22 Posted: 14:25:55 31/03/2012
1 Dragons peak (Looks even Cooler)
2 Dark light crypt (Looks cool)
3 Empire of Ice (Really easy)
4 Pirate seas. (To much of matching cards)
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#23 Posted: 14:40:33 31/03/2012
so
1-dragons peak for sunburn
2-empire of ice because the level is fun
3-darklight crypt because the healing elixer im not really a fan of ghost roster (we have it for my brother)
4-pirate seas because its not really fun on 2 player

thats all

i have them all but pirate seas and i cant try out my DP yet
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
Corroded Arceus Green Sparx Gems: 390
#24 Posted: 09:57:44 01/04/2012
Darklight Crypt > Dragon's Peak> Pirate Seas > Empire of Ice.
Although choosing between the first two was tough; I just need Ghost Roaster to complete my Undead skylanders.
slpfw0802 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#25 Posted: 13:47:27 01/04/2012
Dragon Peak
Pirate Seas
Darklight Crypt
Empire of Ice

These are my choices
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Awesome profile pic by nintendofan92
Skylanderportal Green Sparx Gems: 461
#26 Posted: 15:18:39 01/04/2012

1. Dragon's Peak
  2. Darklight Crypt
  3. Empire of Ice
  4. Pirate Seas
---
All SSA but smilie
SG: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sidekicks: none
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#27 Posted: 18:14:45 01/04/2012
I agree that Pirate Seas, despite having the best hat, pack-in character, and magic item, IS the most boring/lame of the four levels. However, I would contend that this shouldn't influence your purchasing decision, because all four of them don't have a TON of replay value anyway. You can keep the hats, pack-in characters, and magic items long after you're sick of the level itself. Pirate Seas benefits the game the most of the four Adventure Packs.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#28 Posted: 18:18:41 01/04/2012
1. Dragon's Peak
2. Darklight Crypt
3. Pirate Seas
4. Empire of Ice

Then again, I wouldn't ever really get them. $20-$25 is too steep of a price for one level.
Adventurer112 Green Sparx Gems: 142
#29 Posted: 20:17:38 01/04/2012
1. Dragon's Peak
Flying looks amazing, Cube Dungeon sounds mediocre (Just why, pray tell, is a cube bouncing around everywhere?), and Sunburn looks unique with his teleportation. I also like the theme of this pack more than the others. I'm disappointed however that there won't be a boss battle against Vathek (Looks at Dreadbeard).
2. Empire of Ice
Don't own it yet, but the level has a fun concept in my mind, and from the videos I've seen the Icicle Isle could very possibly be the best arena in the game, due to its not new hazards, but new movement type. Slam Bam doesn't look that cool, and the power-ups seem mediocre (My friend owns this, and he said that Anvil Rain was just another location piece in effect (A.K.A. Nuke)). I was happy that the Shield was the PvP powerup.
3. Pirate Seas
The only thing that this has going for it is Terrafin, and Ghost Swords. Hidden Treasure doesn't award enough for the time taken to find the thing, and the card game got old after the third try. Plus, no actual fight against Dreadbeard (I'm a fan of non-Kaos bosses (Such as the Troll Mega-Tank and the Eternal Earth Source))! Pirate Grotto was a fairly good battle arena, but kinda similar to the Cyclops Square. Ghost Swords is a nice addition to the battle mode, however.
4. Darklight Crypt
Fell into the same pitfall as Pirate Seas, with it stretching out too long with too little content. Was fun for a little while, but Ghost Roaster isn't anything special, and I'm disappointed Healing Elixir was the power-up for PvP (There's already tog-able food). Necropolis is a fun arena, but the cannon isn't only hard to fire, but its area of effect is too small for it to be helpful. Running on the walls is fun, though.
---
Fairies DO exist!
Capoeira Blue Sparx Gems: 585
#30 Posted: 00:03:04 02/04/2012
1. Dragon's Peak ~ Best Skylander (or so I thought) and nice level.
2. Empire of Ice ~ Slam Bam is pretty cool. The level itself is so-so.
3. Darklight Crypt and Pirate Seas are tied. Darklight is the better level and Pirate comes with better items. I feel about the same when it comes to Ghost Roaster and Terrafin.
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#31 Posted: 01:37:34 02/04/2012
1. Dragon's Peak -- I like the levels graphics and riding on Flavius even though it got repetitive. There should have been a boss battle.
2. Darklight Crypt -- Swapping between the ghost world and "real" world is a good feature . It's the only level with a boss battle.
3. Empire of Ice -- It's okay, the only part that was interesting was the end of the level.
4. Pirate Seas -- I'm not too fond of this level, it drags on with repetitive content with the pirate card games and lacks extensive content. The level itself is very short, the card games artificially lengthen it and there aren't enough enemies.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me