Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
56 Skylanders for Giants! [CLOSED]
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#1 Posted: 13:43:41 28/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Wow, I can not believe there will be 56 new or reposed ect...characters for Giants!
Lets say they are $10.00 each (probably some will be more expensive) That is $560.00 just on figures! Plus the game itself!
We are looking at a game that is $600.00 plus!!!!

http://www.gamepeople.co.uk/fa...ders-giants.htm

The part that is cool to me is the 32 reposed ones...the level cap will be increased!
I also do like the light force ones!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#2 Posted: 13:48:36 28/03/2012
I don't even want to imagine what GameMaster78's man cave is going to look like. ...also, is all that RFID exposure safe for an individual?
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#3 Posted: 14:01:02 28/03/2012
I think i'd like to see more about the reposed and level caps before I make any decisions for buying reposed ones.

Hopefully those lightforce ones will be common because they're the things I want the most.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#4 Posted: 14:11:14 28/03/2012
This certain throws a dent in my plans for Giants.

I was going to buy multiples of the 16 new Skylanders, while only buying one of the reposed Skylanders for display. However, if they are the only ones to have the level increases and new moves (hopefully), then I buy multiples of them as well.

I WILL SAY THIS, HOWEVER! This will be the last time I fall for this stunt.

If they don't make these reposed Skylanders future-proof, where they can accept any level increase on the third game and upward, this will be the last time I buy any of those, or maybe Skylanders period.

There is no reason to re-release the same 53 characters again in the third game, just so they can take advantage of increased level caps given by that game. They should think ahead. If not, this series will backfire on them.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#5 Posted: 14:11:59 28/03/2012 | Topic Creator
^ yah agreed....between the 32 re-posed originals, and the 4 original characters that will be light force ones ....all 36 Characters from Spyro' adventure will be re-done!
I think I will be just picking my favorites...
Maybe not maybe I will just get the 20 new ones and the game?

Problem is they might have to make all new reposed figure again GameMaster, because by Skylanders 3....
We will probably be on Wii-U, Xbox Durango, Playstation 4....hope they are thinking ahead!!! Probably will need new portal by then too!
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 14:21:55 28/03/2012 by JAP28
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#6 Posted: 15:42:31 28/03/2012
It's a money drainer.
Markster91 Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#7 Posted: 16:50:24 28/03/2012
Buying the new ones for sure but I will only buy the reposed ones if I have the extra money for them. The new ones should keep me busy enough. All the bugs on the games better be worked out on all systems before they are sold though!
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#8 Posted: 16:57:46 28/03/2012
Wait, so Giants will have:
8 new Skylanders
8 Giants
4 new LightForce Skylanders
4 returning Skylanders in LightForce
32 Skylander remodels

AND level increases for the Skylanders - but not the ones from the first game?

**** this.

If they want to carry on living, they better not make a 3rd Skylanders game.
---
Bring the Fanta
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#9 Posted: 17:01:47 28/03/2012
Skylanders will fall faster than I tought...
---
THE END IS NEAR
#10 Posted: 17:05:24 28/03/2012
^I agree
---
Bring the Fanta
MermaidKelly Green Sparx Gems: 444
#11 Posted: 17:12:06 28/03/2012
If all of this is true and the old figures will not be able to upgrade/level, I don't think I will be buying Giants at all.

I REALLY hope this is not true.
---
smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#12 Posted: 17:14:33 28/03/2012
I'll buy Giants, but if there's a third game, then I'll - The rest of this comment has been removed to violence and swearing

jk jk
But they better not make a third Skylanders game if they know what's good for them.
---
Bring the Fanta
#13 Posted: 17:16:21 28/03/2012
...but Giants is the third game...
---
MermaidKelly Green Sparx Gems: 444
#14 Posted: 17:19:13 28/03/2012
I don't think that's the issue...or at least not in my opinion. My problem is not that there is a second game, it's that the second game won't allow upgrades to the original figures but instead want you to buy "reposed" versions of all of them! I wanted the game, the new Skylanders and the giants. Also possibly the lightforce ones. However, I was under the impression all my original Skylanders would work WITH all possibilities the same as the reposed ones.
---
smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#15 Posted: 17:20:32 28/03/2012
Quote: sykotek
...but Giants is the third game...

No, it's only the second game
---
Bring the Fanta
#16 Posted: 17:21:51 28/03/2012
it will have a third game... because of Activision
---
THE END IS NEAR
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#17 Posted: 17:21:58 28/03/2012
Yeah see I'm not that freaked out any more, and here's why. I went back and watched every video from Toy Fair and never once did they say there would be a new level cap. Also They did state that the new remodeled figures wouldn't do anything new in Giants so no new abilities. Now why give new levels if you don;t get new abilities. To my knowledge the only stat that changes as you level is your HP. So I'm going off of the assumption that there are no new levels. If anyone knows different please let me know. That Family Gamer T.V. article seems to be based off of a lot of assumptions and very little confirmed facts.
#18 Posted: 17:27:20 28/03/2012
Giants will be the 3rd game, the 3DS version is different from 360/PC/PS3/Wii version, different story, different gameplay.

1. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure 360/PC/PS3/Wii
2. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure 3DS
3. Skylanders: Giants

smilie
---
#19 Posted: 17:38:34 28/03/2012
But it's technically the same game even if the 3ds version is different to the console versions - same name, same figures = same game
---
Bring the Fanta
#20 Posted: 17:46:25 28/03/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
But it's technically the same game even if the 3ds version is different to the console versions - same name, same figures = same game

...it is obviously very important to you that you are "right" in this situation, so even though I've stated the facts and they are in no way the same game, I concede to end this pointless argument as facts will not sway your opinion. smilie
---
#21 Posted: 18:11:23 28/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Lots of games for sure 3Ds, console ect... I have to agree with TheSpyrofan12 both games are the first in the series.
There will be Skylanders Giants for both 3Ds and Console! They are not 3, 4....2nd for both. My opinion.

I know it's a lot of figures...
but if they fix up the Spyro's Universe online, and with 3D's Giants, Console Giants, more battle stages...iPad games ect.
There will be a lot to do with all these characters.
I think they need to slow down on the figures and start giving us more content to do with the figures!

Would love a mini game on x-box arcade, things like that!
---
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#22 Posted: 18:14:13 28/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
This certain throws a dent in my plans for Giants.

I was going to buy multiples of the 16 new Skylanders, while only buying one of the reposed Skylanders for display. However, if they are the only ones to have the level increases and new moves (hopefully), then I buy multiples of them as well.

I WILL SAY THIS, HOWEVER! This will be the last time I fall for this stunt.

If they don't make these reposed Skylanders future-proof, where they can accept any level increase on the third game and upward, this will be the last time I buy any of those, or maybe Skylanders period.

There is no reason to re-release the same 53 characters again in the third game, just so they can take advantage of increased level caps given by that game. They should think ahead. If not, this series will backfire on them.

Just as we thought that having 32 of the original figures is enough to cover our figure craze for the sequel, Activision found a new way to "force" us to buy all 32 of the new reposed figures because of the new higher level. I can tell you right now that the value of the original 32 figures even with the forward compatibility is somewhat lesser now. No one will want to keep playing with a character that is stuck at level 10.

What I expect will happen is come close to the release date of the sequel, people will start getting rid of their "older" figures to replace them with the newer ones. Only the hardcore collectors will hold onto the older figures. I'm already in the process of deciding to get rid of my 3rd set (sealed triple pack set) because it might be worthless as soon as the new figures come out.

With this info, Giants is looking to be my last game for this franchise. I'm expecting the total cost to own the second series is probably close to $600 which is very pricey considering the forward compatibility is somewhat limited.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:16:53 28/03/2012 by SkyDaddy
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#23 Posted: 18:14:30 28/03/2012
Here are some details about this:

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2...landers-giants/

The Skylanders Adventure Packs won't work in Giants, and the new Skylanders, Giants, and light force Skylanders in Skylanders: Giants won't work in Spyro's Adventure.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#24 Posted: 18:21:43 28/03/2012
FYI we will have all 32 figures remodeled or reposed for Giants. 28 figures will just be a pure remodel of the original character while 4 will have a light-up version ex. Prism Break. We will not end up with 36 figures from the original characters.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#25 Posted: 18:27:36 28/03/2012
i think there are no reasons to buy the remodeled ones. they will make them for the new players who start with giants. we old player shouldn't buy them
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#26 Posted: 18:39:37 28/03/2012
@JAP28: Just have to chime in one last time and state that I don't dispute that both the 3DS and console version of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventures games are part of the first series of Skylanders games, but that's not what TheSpyrofan12 said. To say they're the same game is incorrect, just as Spyro 1-3 are part of the same series, but different games altogether.

It is currently unclear whether the upcoming portable version of Giants will be the exact same as console or whether they will be separate games altogether, so Giants very well could be the 3rd and/or 4th major game in the Skylanders series of video games.

What do you have in mind that would be a fun arcade/indie-type game utilizing Skylanders figures? Normally I have at least a few ideas, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.
---
#27 Posted: 18:43:27 28/03/2012
Quote: voodude
i think there are no reasons to buy the remodeled ones. they will make them for the new players who start with giants. we old player shouldn't buy them

I will be buying all of the 32 reposed figures because of the higher level cap.
---
#28 Posted: 18:52:30 28/03/2012
@SkyDaddy: I am impressed that you have already made your decision. Out of pure selfishness, I hope the higher levels only make the game easier for those with new characters and doesn't cause the exclusion of abilities or such for players using the old figures.
---
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#29 Posted: 19:02:41 28/03/2012
Quote: SkyDaddy

Ok, lets be honest. Who needs a higher cap for Skylanders? It's a cool idea if you could lvl up your original skylanders, but going out and blowing another $500 just so your skylanders can be even more overpowered... I never die with a lvl 10 skylander... Why would someone need a lvl 12,15 or 20 Skylander (dont know what cap is, maybe I missed it somewhere)
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#30 Posted: 19:02:43 28/03/2012
these thing about the new skylanders and the increased level cap is just ********. i won't buy this game
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#31 Posted: 19:03:47 28/03/2012
Quote: JAP28
Wow, I can not believe there will be 56 new or reposed ect...characters for Giants!
Lets say they are $10.00 each (probably some will be more expensive) That is $560.00 just on figures! Plus the game itself!
We are looking at a game that is $600.00 plus!!!!

The part that is cool to me is the 32 reposed ones...the level cap will be increased!
I also do like the light force ones!

They're only remodelling some, not all 32.
And you don't have to buy all the toys, but if you want to that's only the cost of the new ones to worry about if you already have the first 32.

Whoops NVM...
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:06:27 28/03/2012 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#32 Posted: 19:17:29 28/03/2012
This is the most important piece of information given in that article, in my opinion:

[User Posted Image]

And this:

Quote:
This results in a total of 12 new normal Skylanders and 8 new giant Skylanders figures for the new game. These cannot be used in the original game, only characters that existed in the original already can be used there. The 32 reposed and 4 re-released LightForce Skylanders can be used with the first game, in addition to the 32 original (green base) figures.

If that's the case, I may just buy the reposed 'Landers and play them with the first game and say forget Giants. I'm still undecided. I just know I'm not spending tons and tons of money again.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
#33 Posted: 19:36:46 28/03/2012
Mainwhile at Activision...

[User Posted Image]
---
THE END IS NEAR
#34 Posted: 20:13:33 28/03/2012
Quote: Wiseman

Ok, lets be honest. Who needs a higher cap for Skylanders? It's a cool idea if you could lvl up your original skylanders, but going out and blowing another $500 just so your skylanders can be even more overpowered... I never die with a lvl 10 skylander... Why would someone need a lvl 12,15 or 20 Skylander (dont know what cap is, maybe I missed it somewhere)

I do because higher level cap means higher HP which is beneficial in both the story mode and battle mode. I will still buy all of them regardless. However, I feel like this could be the last game for me since I already see the pattern on how Activision plans to milk this series (Been there and done that!). The only thing that will change my mind is if something radical (feature wise) is introduce in the game after Giants. I am still waiting for online battle or co-op mode which will be the only reason for my to keep investing in the game.
---
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#35 Posted: 21:28:02 28/03/2012
SEE THIS LURKING ACTIVISION EMPLOYEE!?

YOU KEEP REMODELING, YOU'LL START LOSING MONEY

I know you're here..

Somehow. I know companies like to have employees look at communities to see how their cashcow is doing.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#36 Posted: 23:20:19 28/03/2012
Wait, I think somewhere along the line we got all messed up with our numbers.

There's 24 remodels. (remember the info that we got when the game was first announced?) Plus another 4 characters that are lightforce. That's 28 total returning Skylanders. I'd doubt they'll have lightforce ones and the remodels overlap (meaning, the 4 Lightforce will be 4 different ones than the remodels) which still leaves out 4 characters.

From what it looks like, the information that the Adventure Packs will not work has thus far just been a guess. It hasn't been officially confirmed or denied, unless I've misread something. (The Geekdad article in question specifically mentions at the top that the information will be updated once they get confirmation from Activision. Meaning they haven't confirmed it yet..)

Honestly, I don't see them NOT making them work. I mean, they can continue selling the Adventure packs, and not have to worry about redoing the figure that's included with it. It allows people to continue buying them if they didn't get them for the original, while also not ticking off the people who've already bought the sets by releasing the character in a single pack.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:25:27 28/03/2012 by spyroflame0487
#37 Posted: 23:35:13 28/03/2012
That's the thing, a lot of this article seems like speculation waiting to be confirmed. It sounds like the author really went around digging and pieced together rumored numbers and tried to make the whole thing look legit to help ease the confusion.

But the end result is obviously the opposite. The numbers don't match with what has been confirmed and there's still so much we don't know about the Adventure Packs and what not.

So, while the article is well done and informative, I'd take the thing with a grain of salt until we get some official word from Activison.

Especially the "orange Skylanders can level up past 10 but the green ones can't" bit. That's particularly important. I have no idea where that came from before this article hit.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#38 Posted: 01:12:19 29/03/2012
Quote: D-Rex
That's the thing, a lot of this article seems like speculation waiting to be confirmed. It sounds like the author really went around digging and pieced together rumored numbers and tried to make the whole thing look legit to help ease the confusion.

But the end result is obviously the opposite. The numbers don't match with what has been confirmed and there's still so much we don't know about the Adventure Packs and what not.

So, while the article is well done and informative, I'd take the thing with a grain of salt until we get some official word from Activison.

Especially the "orange Skylanders can level up past 10 but the green ones can't" bit. That's particularly important. I have no idea where that came from before this article hit.

Right now any information out there is considered to be unofficial until Activision says so. I am also curious on how the author of this article was able to get piece all the information and came up with the figure breakdown. The higher level cap is somewhat disappointing but I'd like to here what Activision will officially say about it.
---
#39 Posted: 01:55:25 29/03/2012
Right now any information out there is considered to be unofficial until Activision says so. I am also curious on how the author of this article was able to get piece all the information and came up with the figure breakdown. The higher level cap is somewhat disappointing but I'd like to here what Activision will officially say about it.

Simple. He probably pieced together a bunch of rumors and unconfirmed data from all around the Internet and tried to present it all as legit.
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#40 Posted: 01:58:39 29/03/2012
act like pokemon trainers and get all that you don't (not counting remodeled)
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#41 Posted: 02:24:33 29/03/2012

Simple. He probably pieced together a bunch of rumors and unconfirmed data from all around the Internet and tried to present it all as legit.

That is possible but to come up with this type of bogus information will surely cause Activision to react in some form or manner. The last thing you want is some person coming up with false information about your upcoming product. I am going to contact the author to question the validity of the information that is posted in the article.
---
#42 Posted: 02:36:32 29/03/2012
The author did mention that he contacted Activision about the info.

Though it seems he couldn't have waited until after Activision got back to him.
---
#43 Posted: 02:42:29 29/03/2012
They aren't reposing every Skylander!

http://i28.photobucket.com/alb...osedProof-1.jpg
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:44:41 29/03/2012 by Aura24
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#44 Posted: 02:56:32 29/03/2012
I take it the quip about the originals working in the sequel was the answer to you asking about the level 10 business...
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#45 Posted: 02:58:32 29/03/2012
so you can use the reposed figures on the old game?! because then if i don finish collecting the old figures, i'll be able to finish my collections after giants comes out!!!!!!
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
#46 Posted: 03:06:10 29/03/2012
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
I take it the quip about the originals working in the sequel was the answer to you asking about the level 10 business...

At least we know not all of the Skylanders will be re-posed.
---
#47 Posted: 03:07:20 29/03/2012
Quote: Aura24

Wait they kind of dodged the "will the old Skylanders be able to level up past 10/use new abilities" bit.
---
#48 Posted: 03:08:53 29/03/2012 | Topic Creator

I hope this is true....but who does decide who the favorites are?
That would suck for people who want a higher level cap and they do not do that certain character!

Personally I would much rather just a few reposes.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:10:04 29/03/2012 by JAP28
#49 Posted: 03:10:58 29/03/2012
I'm guessing that Activision chooses which Skylanders will be reposed, either by the fans or their decisions.

Wait they kind of dodged the "will the old Skylanders be able to level up past 10/use new abilities" bit.

The re-posed old Skylanders will be able to go past level 10 and get new abilities.
---
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#50 Posted: 03:12:48 29/03/2012
Quote: JAP28

I hope this is true....but who does decide who the favorites are?
That would suck for people who want a higher level cap and they do not do that certain character!

Personally I would much rather just a few re sculptures!

1. Sales will decide who the favorites are. It's just how business of this kind works. They won't spend time remodeling characters whom didn't sell well to begin with.
2. I don't think the higher level cap exists. Has anyone tried to see how level data works with the games? I'd expect that the game itself sees 10 as the max so anything more would read 10.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me