Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Gold & Silver validity? [CLOSED]
DluA Gold Sparx Gems: 2392
#1 Posted: 02:24:34 28/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Hello all. First time post here. Thanks for all the helpful information that you all provide!

I purchased a Gold Flame Slinger off of Craigslist about 1.5 months ago and compared the color to my previously purchased Gold Chop Chop (which had the 2100/Level 5 programmed) and the two were identical in color. As a result, I never thought to check whether the character was pre programmed with 2100 coins and @ Level 5. When I checked the Gold Flame Slinger yesterday it was @ the normal 300 coins and Level 1 mode.

I just recently purchased a 3 pack with Silver Dino Rang in it and it seemed to be real as far as color goes and naturally I wanted to check it on the portal. Again, it was set @ 300 coins and Level 1.

Now I realize that the first inclinations are that either these are fake, were reset after having been played with, or some other manipulation. I obviously inspected the packaging and in both instances it looks like standard packaging sealed from the factory.

My question is perhaps the factory stopped presetting the figures at some point during production? I was hoping to get some feedback from those of you who got a hold of Gold & Silvers in the last few months.. not so much the beginning.. although that feedback would be welcome as well. Anybody have what they consider REAL Gold/Silver figures yet are NOT set to 2100 coins and Level 5?
---
REWARD: for valid information that leads to the addition of an ULTRA RARE 2011 E3 Gill Grunt in the E3 packaging.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:27:43 28/03/2012 by DluA
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#2 Posted: 02:36:15 28/03/2012
They should all be level 5 with 2100 gold.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#3 Posted: 02:37:30 28/03/2012
None of the silvers had the 2100 coin level 5 presets. The silvers are just normal unadjusted skylanders in game. As far as your gold goes, it would be odd for someone to match the paint and seal the package expertly but not be informed or smart enough just to make him lv 5 with the appropriate gold. Instead I think he may be a legit gold that the seller had played with and reset before sending off so he could claim it hadn't been played with forgetting about the starting advantage.
Slammer Green Sparx Gems: 496
#4 Posted: 03:39:15 28/03/2012
The gold and silver charcaters are fun to watch on ebay, although they don't seem to go for as much as they used to. I don't see the benefit of getting a character with a "head start", when I can get to that same level within 30 minutes on the portal. I am a Skylanders nerd, but not a big enough nerd to pay the prices that people are getting for the gold and silver. At most, I would buy one of these in hopes of it being worth more in the future, but not certain that it would........
DluA Gold Sparx Gems: 2392
#5 Posted: 04:54:14 28/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the clarification on the Silvers ItsJustMe, that's a RELIEF!

Still wondering if anybody else that has these have received a Gold with non Level 5/2100 coin presets?

Somewhat related, I've also been wondering about the factory stamps, usually located on the back of the packaging at the lower right hand corner. These seem to indicate when the figure was made. For example, both of my Gold figures are stamped with W0123. I have a Cynder that is stamped with the same thing. Anyone care to list which stamp they have for their GOLD figures and of course if they dont have the right presets???

Thanks for your responses!
---
REWARD: for valid information that leads to the addition of an ULTRA RARE 2011 E3 Gill Grunt in the E3 packaging.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:54:38 28/03/2012 by DluA
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me