Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
well this stinks [CLOSED]
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#1 Posted: 01:20:13 27/03/2012 | Topic Creator
so my dad came home today with dinner for walmart. while he was getting the food put, he told me that for once walmart had skylander!!! he said their was bash, ZOOK, stealth elf, and others. i know my dad was just being nice, but i have NO MONEY TO BUY SKYLANDER!!!!!! have any of u guys had an experience were they found some skylanders but couldn't afford it
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#2 Posted: 01:38:53 27/03/2012
Ha. Yeah, I did. I saw Zap and when I reached into my pocket, I had realized I forgot to bring money and then I facepalmed myself, but it was alright since he isn't as rare as Wave 4 currently. smilie
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
Zaptastic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1465
#3 Posted: 02:00:58 27/03/2012
That happened to me back when the Legedary 3 Pack was released before Christmas.

I went to TRU after getting their holiday catalogue with the intent of getting the Legendary 3 pack. However once I got there they had the Eruptor, Chop Chop, Bash 3 pack; having not playing the games yet, I thought it would be better to get new characters instead of repaints.

How wrong I was was smilie That day I only had enough money for one 3 pack and a McFarlane figure I was getting for my dad. However I was able to snag it when they re-released it. So just be patient, you will be able to get the ones you are looking for........eventually smilie
Skylanderportal Green Sparx Gems: 461
#4 Posted: 02:08:03 27/03/2012
Yes, but asked for a loan to parents then bought smilie
---
All SSA but smilie
SG: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sidekicks: none
#5 Posted: 02:11:08 27/03/2012 | Topic Creator
they don't do loans
---
131/174
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#6 Posted: 02:14:02 27/03/2012
Yes, but my mom says I have to "pay her back" the money she used to buy me them. But she always forgets or she doesn't care anymore.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#7 Posted: 02:15:35 27/03/2012 | Topic Creator
my parent aren't forgetful like that when it comes to money.
---
131/174
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#8 Posted: 02:21:07 27/03/2012
^Mine either but for some reason she never makes me pay her back.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#9 Posted: 18:45:28 27/03/2012
I get that problem in reverse: I loan money to my parents because they're always running out of in-hand cash and I like saving mine, but then I forget that they owe me anything and they're the ones that have to remind me!
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#10 Posted: 03:03:26 28/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: EgoNaut
I get that problem in reverse: I loan money to my parents because they're always running out of in-hand cash and I like saving mine, but then I forget that they owe me anything and they're the ones that have to remind me!

u shouldn't have to take that crap!!!!! u shouldn't have to loan money to ur parents!!
---
131/174
Slammer Green Sparx Gems: 496
#11 Posted: 03:12:45 28/03/2012
First of all, let me preface my comment with the fact that I am an avid Skylanders player AND a parent....... This game is a ton of fun, but it is also very expensive. There are 32 characters, which sell for $10 each at Game Stop. The adventure packs are $25 each if you get them at TRU. This isn't including the cost of the starter pack (even though you got three characters with it). This brings the completion cost of this game to approximately $460. For those of you that are kids (and I know a lot of you are), this is more than my car payment each month. I buy what I can find when I can, but really have to watch how much I spend on the game at a time. Remember, parents have to pay the house payment, power bill, gas bill, car insurance, car payments, cable bills, cell phone bills, buy gas for the car(s), and buy groceries to feed the family. It adds up quickly, and the economy is not at it's best. Be patient. I'm sure that in most cases, the parents are like me, and would buy it if they could. You may be frustrated that they can't buy something for you, but that is nothing in comparison to the pain that a parent will feel if they can't buy something that their child wants so desperately. You may be pissed, but they may feel like they have failed you and let you down. In the long run, there are so many things that are much more important than this. Keep it in perspective.....
#12 Posted: 04:26:15 28/03/2012 | Topic Creator
my dad hasn't failed me and he knows it. when he found out that i couldn't afford any of them, he kind of chuckled.
---
131/174
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me