Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Best Place to look. [CLOSED]
Angel Wing Green Sparx Gems: 361
#1 Posted: 21:47:05 26/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Idk what te best store to find skylanders are for Zook and Lightning Rod. Could someone help me, Lemme think where me, my bro and cousin all got our landers. We got most at Target and Walmart. And online (other then evilbay) is there a place for a regular 7.99 Zook and L rod. I just checked Amazon, their cheapest zook is about 40 and cheapest L rod is 65, the newest triple pack is 80 also, so if anyone can send me a PM aobut where the best place to look is then this topic can close for all I care.
---
Raine's Collection [smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
Kiliek Red Sparx Gems: 29
#2 Posted: 22:46:37 26/03/2012
Honestly - go to stores that are in areas with poor people ...

It sounds like a terrible thing - but at my Mom's house (tons of weathly people) I can never find them

• With the exception of Sunday - in which after the morning rush of people , they restocked pretty much every single pack besides L.R. , Zook, Ignitor, Prism, and Voodude. Probably about 100 total.

When Im back at my apartment on Campus - the local Target, Walmart, TRU around here tend to have them A LOT - mainly due to it being hte poorest county in Georgia.
---
[smilie smilie smilie smilie][smilie smilie smilie][smilie smilie][smilie smilie][smilie smilie][smilie smilie][smilie][smilie]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:47:31 26/03/2012 by Kiliek
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#3 Posted: 23:12:50 26/03/2012
Absolutely under no circumstances should you buy online unless you live in the middle of Nowhere or you don't think you'll ever find something.

With these more recent ones, they seem to be popping up in a lot of stores, most commonly at TRU. (Although, I've seen a number of people reporting Walmart or gamestop)

Your best bet if you want to buy online though is to get them from TRU.com but they don't have them in stock right now. Honestly, though, just hold out for them at your local stores. The best deal is to get the 3 pack with Zook, Lightning Rod and Cynder. Even though you already have her, it's cheaper that way. (Given $10 a figure for a total of $30 while the 3 pack is $25)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#4 Posted: 23:24:12 26/03/2012
Walmart, Toys R' Us, gamestop and Target for the local retail stores. Gamestop.com and Amazon.com for the online stores.

The real issue here is doing your homework. Skylanders is a very hot toy right now and simply expecting to walk in a store and see an abundance of skylanders is pure luck IMHO. If you are not going to call and check in with the local retailers with what they have then you are pretty much wasting your time.

The online stores are being tracker by an online tracked from zoolert.com. Load the tracker page and keep it open in your web browser so you can see which one is available. This method saves you a lot of time and gas too.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:57:03 27/03/2012 by SkyDaddy
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#5 Posted: 02:36:31 27/03/2012
Walmart, Best Buy, and TRU have been the best help for me. Once I got whirlwind/double trouble/drill sergeant 3 pack and singles of sonic boom, drobot, and bash. The next day I got chop chop at Walmart. TRU got me DP, LTH, eruptor, stump smash, and hex. Walmart got me flameslinger as well.
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#6 Posted: 03:09:39 27/03/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Absolutely under no circumstances should you buy online unless you live in the middle of Nowhere or you don't think you'll ever find something.

With these more recent ones, they seem to be popping up in a lot of stores, most commonly at TRU. (Although, I've seen a number of people reporting Walmart or gamestop)

Your best bet if you want to buy online though is to get them from TRU.com but they don't have them in stock right now. Honestly, though, just hold out for them at your local stores. The best deal is to get the 3 pack with Zook, Lightning Rod and Cynder. Even though you already have her, it's cheaper that way. (Given $10 a figure for a total of $30 while the 3 pack is $25)

^Lol thats from courage the cowardly dog, I loved that show.

Also here is a list of where I've had the most luck from best to worst:

1. Walmart (Found all of wave 3, EoI, and Wave 4 except for DP because its exclusive)
  2. ToysRUs (Got all of Wave 2 here and Sonic Boom and Flameslinger and DP )
  3. Target (Found Stealth Elf and Double Trouble and Chop Chop here)
  4. KMart (Found Stump Smash and most of Wave 1)
  5. Best Buy (Found Drill Sergeant)
  6. GameStop (Haven't found one single skylander ever in all 3 that I have in my city)
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#7 Posted: 09:39:35 27/03/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

I disagree. With gas and tax I spend more buying them form the stores, than I do just ordering them when they are in stock. $7.99/$19.99 when direct from Amazon, no tax, free 2 day shipping for prime members, which normally only takes one day for me. TRU is the worst deal both online and in the store. TRU wants $25 for a triple pack in store and online(everywhere else wants $19.99), not including tax. If you buy online you then have to add on shipping. I wasn't going to pay that, so I went through Gamestop's website. Came out to $26 shipped, cheaper than TRU's store price even if you exclude the gas I have to use to drive to the nearest TRU. TRU is the absolute worst deal. Ordering online will probably save you more money and time than hunting for figures in stores, but you have to be prepared to buy them as soon as they are stocked, or you'll most likely miss out on them.

OP, listen to SkyDaddy's advice, and have patience. It will pay off in the long run.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#8 Posted: 11:36:22 27/03/2012
For online, Amazon is the best deal, when it has them. You'll pay $7.99/19.99 with no shipping. Prime members don't have to get the order up to $25 to avoid paying shipping. TRU looks to be the most expensive. For immediate gratification, TRU and Wal-Mart have been the best finds for me. I would rank Target, Gamestop, and Best Buy on the same level.
abrown6300 Green Sparx Gems: 201
#9 Posted: 11:44:15 27/03/2012
I would say Walmart has been the best for me as well. I call the electronics department everyday at 2:00 (thats when they unload the trucks at ours) and when they say they have new ones I head over.
Good Luck
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#10 Posted: 12:38:30 27/03/2012
Quote: GamerDrone
For online, Amazon is the best deal, when it has them. You'll pay $7.99/19.99 with no shipping. Prime members don't have to get the order up to $25 to avoid paying shipping. TRU looks to be the most expensive. For immediate gratification, TRU and Wal-Mart have been the best finds for me. I would rank Target, Gamestop, and Best Buy on the same level.

Amazon.com charges shipping? Amazon.co.uk doesn't charge shipping on anything (I don't know if we have prime membership available to us but I don't have it and I still never get charged delivery).
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
ENVSV6 Green Sparx Gems: 317
#11 Posted: 13:33:58 27/03/2012
just bought zook & lightning rod today from Big W (Walmart)
Alcatalog Blue Sparx Gems: 753
#12 Posted: 13:54:44 27/03/2012
Quote: ENVSV6
just bought zook & lightning rod today from Big W (Walmart)

That's awesome! I've been coming up empty for zook in Vegas
---
Got 38
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#13 Posted: 14:33:00 27/03/2012
Quote: Deandria
Quote: GamerDrone

Amazon.com charges shipping? Amazon.co.uk doesn't charge shipping on anything (I don't know if we have prime membership available to us but I don't have it and I still never get charged delivery).

You realize that the UK is about half the size of the single state of California. Is all of your shipping one-day delivery as well? You could probably delivery every package by bicycle there.
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#14 Posted: 14:40:02 27/03/2012
lol I never thought of that... well bicycle is a bit harsh but I get what you're saying but lol I'd like to see them deliver something to my cousin by bike... they'd get pretty wet as she lives on an island...
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
scout_post Green Sparx Gems: 112
#15 Posted: 15:31:53 27/03/2012
Is anyone here from the Phoenix area? I wasn't able to do the TRU releases last week/weekend, so I didn't get any of wave 4 yet (I have all the others)...and I have been calling Gamestops and Targets, going by Walmarts in my area and they say they haven't had new Skylanders yet. I've seen older ones trickling back in but no new wave 4. Anyone seen any? I'm starting to get nervous that I missed them or something, since everyone else has had so many sightings.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me