Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Mario Topic!
First | Previous | Page 18 of 18
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
The All-Purpose Mario Topic! [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#851 Posted: 23:34:22 03/03/2016
For some reason, Stickers Stars never caught my attention. It just doesn't seem interesting enough. Fourth installments are usually disappointing. I gave Dream Team a chance, but I didn't like it so much. But speaking of Paper Mario, just yesterday I had the desire to play The Thousand Year Door again. Now that is a game I love smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#852 Posted: 23:39:50 03/03/2016
Quote: MagicFizz
Thoughts on new Paper Mario?

I'm going to remain optimistic about this until it's going to be Sticker Star HD + Paint DLC. ^.^

I saw partners and Prism Island sounds eerily similar to Prison Island and it might be hiding some plot.

If it's not though... If I can finally play a Paper Mario on the console in the same generation and it ends up being Sticker Star 2...
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#853 Posted: 23:51:15 03/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: MagicFizz
Thoughts on new Paper Mario?

I'm going to remain optimistic about this until it's going to be Sticker Star HD + Paint DLC. ^.^

I saw partners and Prism Island sounds eerily similar to Prison Island and it might be hiding some plot.

If it's not though... If I can finally play a Paper Mario on the console in the same generation and it ends up being Sticker Star 2...

You mean Kristi Bucket and Decalburg 2.0?
---
My life is complete.
#854 Posted: 23:52:32 03/03/2016
Well, unless someone in there seriously though people wanted more of this, I was hoping for weird looking partner.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#855 Posted: 00:39:05 04/03/2016
I'm not buying it. I should've known Paper Jam was a bad sign that Mario RPG's are getting whitewashed (pun completely intended) and this seems to confirm it.

In before Bowser's the one draining the color and the final boss is FABULOUS Bowser (or, more properly, Rainbow Bowser). <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#856 Posted: 01:00:48 04/03/2016
Paper Jam is another game that didn't interest me. A crossover between Paper Mario and the Mario & Luigi series seemed like a good idea, but with what I have seen, I don't know, it doesn't seem entertaining enough. Maybe I'm harder to convince now, or maybe the Mario series isn't what it use to be smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#857 Posted: 13:24:14 04/03/2016
I think they need to look back and do something similar to Super Paper Mario again.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#858 Posted: 16:18:27 04/03/2016
Japanese and European footage end in slightly different places, and in the European one you can see the full battling UI.

Cards are literally stickers,but on top of that, you also have to use the color meter to use some to begin with. They didn't only make Sticker Star again,they made it even less encouraging to battle.

Well I used the Jontron reaction video already, I'll just use the next best thing(language warning).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:19:27 04/03/2016 by Bifrost
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#859 Posted: 03:57:15 30/03/2016
Shy Guys, a (complicated and over the top) theory

So I was playing smash the other day, and while browsing through the trophies, I found myself yet again questioning what shy guys looked like under the masks. Doing some quick comparisons, it is fairly clear that they don't match up physically with any of the main species in the mushroom kingdom. So I dug around and found the main games they appeared in.

That'd be Yoshi's island, Mario bros. 2, and Mario RPG, legend of the seven stars.

Thinking back to seven stars, I remembered something, spoiler for seven stars
During the final battle against Smithy, he literally forges shy guys out of liquid metal to serve him, as well as shy guys being a main minion for the smithy gang.
This got me interested. What if all the shy guys are just automatons, clearly they aren't mindless, as all of Smithy's minions seem to have personality traits and emotions, but what if they are really constructs? Originally created by the smithy gang and then recruited by Bowser following their defeat?

But really, what do I have to back that up? Well, it would explain why the Guys seem to be able to fully express their masks, sorta like faces, as seen in most of the mario RpG and sports games, while still being able to take the masks off as seen in Mario Strikers. This seems to imply that the masks are part of them, but that losing the mask doesn't have the same effect as losing a body part.

"Interesting," you say, "but weren't shy guys also in Yoshi's island? Which takes place probably decades before seven stars?"

You'd be correct, and this is when the theory gets convoluted.

Now, I'm sure you all know that the mario series isn't new to time travel, even featuring it in multiple games, PiT and Yoshi's island DS. As I'm sure most of you know, Yoshi's island follows the story of baby Mario and Yoshi trying to save baby Luigi from Kamek's clutches. I always thought that was weird, what would Kamek want with two babies? Well, what if Kamek is from the future, and is trying to stop the mario bros. from ever interfering with Bowser's plans? Bowser sends Kamek back in time with the shy guy army he recently liberated from the smithy gang, to try and rid himself of the bros. forever. However, this would create a paradox if he succeeded, so even an entire army and a powerful wizard are defeated a child and his pet dinosaur, having the shy guys free to roam around the earlier point in time, allowing them to be in early games like Yoshi's island and Mario bros. 2.

So, that was my theory on shy guys, and what's under the mask. Thoughts?
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#860 Posted: 12:24:51 30/03/2016
I think the paint mechanic is an improvement of the Sticker mechanic and is how it should have been handled in the first place. At least this way, your "resource" for the game is a lot more general and isn't so specific, which should lead to a lot less roadblocks in exploration and in battle.

However, that doesn't change the fact that this game is just another case of Nintendo missing the point of what people want from a particular game, making it impossible to market well to fans of the series.

At least the graphics and music seem really nice.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
First | Previous | Page 18 of 18
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me