Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
no money for landers [CLOSED]
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#1 Posted: 04:43:03 26/03/2012 | Topic Creator
i don't get much money from allowance. i have recently spent it on buying double trouble and eruptor. son now i need to wait til for 2 more weeks to get enough moneys to start calling again. i thought about trading in my old gameboy advanced, but game stop won't it (those losers) so i have no way of getting extra money. have any of u guys ever wanted to get more skylandrs but couldn't afford it?
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#2 Posted: 04:49:13 26/03/2012
Yes, I've been in that position. I was almost not able to purchase Dragon's Peak today and Zook and Lightning Rod last week. I still don't want to buy a Cynder online because of the shipping. I wish you good luck with adding more to your collection =).
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#3 Posted: 07:29:27 26/03/2012
Not been in that situation with Skylanders figures (since I have a job and all), but I know as a child, I had to wait for things.

As for "not much allowance"? By the sounds of it, if you only need to wait two more weeks for having the money to buy at least one Skylander, you must be getting at least $5. When I was a kid, I got 50p (about 75 cents) a week!
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#4 Posted: 08:24:10 26/03/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets
Not been in that situation with Skylanders figures (since I have a job and all), but I know as a child, I had to wait for things.

As for "not much allowance"? By the sounds of it, if you only need to wait two more weeks for having the money to buy at least one Skylander, you must be getting at least $5. When I was a kid, I got 50p (about 75 cents) a week!

I didn't get any allowance as a kid. I was just expected to do chores as part of the family. That meant waiting for my birthday money and Christmas money...which is the exact same day in my situation. Haha, it taught me how to save up though.

OP, don't worry too much. 2 weeks isn't that long, but the more you think about it, the longer it will feel like. Enjoy your DT and eruptor in the mean time. I love both those characters.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#5 Posted: 08:40:34 26/03/2012
Quote: Landerfan2012
have any of u guys ever wanted to get more skylandrs but couldn't afford it?

I think we're all in that same boat. It's not that I can't find what I'm looking for online that is my problem, it's that I can't find them at retail prices and I refuse to pay more...mainly because that continues to feeds a certain behavior that I dislike.

As for money when I was a kid. I didn't get an allowance, I received only lunch money, so about a little over a dollar a day sans weekends that I could save for not eating until I got home from school. ...to this day, I only eat a maximum of 2 meals a day (most days I eat 1) and I'm 30.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#6 Posted: 11:35:59 26/03/2012
I save lunch money too, I also steal from my sister (shhh…)

I'm in that position right now (have to pay $42 by the 17th for a game I'm buying (Okami) and $30 to my mum)
Luckily we're having a garage sale on the 2nd
---
Why am I back
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#7 Posted: 11:53:23 26/03/2012
ask to do extra jobs that take aa while instead of allowance just do jobs around you house
---
Green Bean Machine
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#8 Posted: 12:41:51 26/03/2012
Have you thought about seeing if your neighbours would pay you to mow their lawns or wash their cars? One Saturday of car washing and/or lawn mowing and you should be able to afford a good few Skylanders. Old people are usually good for that sort of thing because they often can't do it for themselves and any friends of your parents are usually a good bet too with the added advantage of you and your parents knowing them so they wouldn't have to worry about if you're safe or not (I don't know how old you are but some parents can be weird about you doing chores for people they don't know well).
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:42:37 26/03/2012 by Deandria
#9 Posted: 15:41:38 26/03/2012 | Topic Creator

close, i get about $4.75 a week. its just that most of the stores have skylanders for $10 instead of $8. i've already been paid for last week, but is still have 2 weeks to go
---
131/174
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#10 Posted: 16:02:18 26/03/2012
I understand where you're coming from, Landerfan. The fact that kids wouldn't be able to purchase figures with their allowance anymore was my biggest complaint about the price jumps that retailers have decided to do. smilie
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#11 Posted: 16:12:21 26/03/2012
I get the feeling. I'm on set 2 and the first set I spent about 120 dollars total to grab after all was said and done. 2nd set is more me paying retail for everything and it definitely eats into my gaming budget. I've slowed down my buying just so I can play games other than Skylanders. With Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Reckoning, and other games out there, it takes a toll on my limited gaming budget (mandated by my wife to be 100$ a month) Which I am grateful for, because I tend to just blow money like crazy on frivolous things otherwise. She's my voice of reason. I am waiting on the adventure packs for set 2. But if I come across 3 packs I need, I plan to purchase them. Sigh. I'm actually more looking forward to Giants now than the last 3 figures. If you have a bunch of figures, you shouldn't feel the need to complete the set. Just get the ones you think are coolest. I still love Trigger Happy for some reason. I am excited to get Prism Break back and Cynder. I haven't even played Zook or Lightning Rod yet...that's the sad part. You can also trade in your games right now for 50% extra credit at Gamestop this week and that could go towards buying new ones if you have any old games you're not interested in anymore. Last I went I got over 100 in credit for trading in 6 games I didn't want anymore. That paid for 3 adventure packs and a 3 pack. Well worth it in my eyes.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#12 Posted: 17:01:00 26/03/2012

I am still a kid and get no allowance for doing chores because my parents say that we are doing a lot for you so you should do some work for us. And it is true.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#13 Posted: 19:26:35 26/03/2012
That is very true, Rays, and you're very wise for your age smilie Our parents do indeed do a lot for us and it's nice to appreciate them for it!

It is a shame that the Skylanders figures prices have raised for you, Landerfan, but at the very least, it's teaching you to not blow your pocket money when you could save for something bigger and better, and you'll enjoy the Skylanders you have all the more when you get them!
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#14 Posted: 05:46:08 27/03/2012

close, i get about $4.75 a week. its just that most of the stores have skylanders for $10 instead of $8. i've already been paid for last week, but is still have 2 weeks to go

Damn where do you live (lucky duck, they cost $15 here)
---
Why am I back
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#15 Posted: 09:19:59 27/03/2012
Quote: Cynder134

Damn where do you live (lucky duck, they cost $15 here)

$15?! Are you in the US? I haven't heard of anywhere in the US charging over $9.99. $15 USD is way to much for singles in my opinion.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#16 Posted: 10:23:45 27/03/2012
I'm in Australia

Damn, just found out my dad paid off the rest of one of my games $82 total
---
Why am I back
#17 Posted: 14:55:53 27/03/2012 | Topic Creator
to not give my exact location, i will just say that i live in Arizona, USA
---
131/174
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#18 Posted: 15:00:27 27/03/2012
This is probably the reason why other people resell the toys. I stated long ago that some collectors would buy and sell the same items they collect to keep their hobby fueled. The sad thing is that you end up being a reseller and you add to the problem.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Sisqo4ever Green Sparx Gems: 162
#19 Posted: 15:05:07 27/03/2012
How old are yal, thought about getting a job if 13 and older?
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#20 Posted: 15:17:42 27/03/2012
Hey I was wondering if you had a Play N Trade near you they take that old stuff.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
#21 Posted: 20:54:25 27/03/2012
I tried to trade my old iPod in for money but:
It has to be 4th gen or up… mine was third gen D:
---
Why am I back
Dragon15010 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#22 Posted: 01:14:36 28/03/2012
I don't have allowance. I just have money. ( 412$)
#23 Posted: 02:53:57 28/03/2012 | Topic Creator
from what i've seen from ebay, i could get rid of my old gameboy advanced, its charger, and a case, i cood get from $60 to $80!
---
131/174
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me