Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Worst luck ever... [CLOSED]
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#1 Posted: 03:03:51 26/03/2012 | Topic Creator
So to start my story off, I'll announce I got Dragons Peak today. But after I drove over an hour to get it, TRU employees told me Zook and Lightning Rod are not out yet; *sigh* "yeah whatever". So I just got my dragons peak and took off for home... So I sit down, turn on my xbox and see "cannot read disc". Long story short, my box crapped the bed. So my girlfriends brother said I could buy his box - awesome. He brings it over... its a slim. My old one wasn't so my hard drive wouldn't work (and dont want to rip out the old hard drive to make it fit in the new one). That means - start the whole game over. So after I was furious with my box crappin out and having to re-hook up a whole new box, I started RESETTING my skylanders (I'm one of those ppl who get mad and mess sh-it up even more in the process) After resetting 4 lvl 10 skylanders, I realized I wasn't changing ownership. So that was my nite! Feel free to comment and point out how dumb I was for half of it, I cant not feel really more stupidous.
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#2 Posted: 05:07:45 26/03/2012
1/. You do realise that you didn't have to reset the chars, right?

2/. I advocate copying save games to a usb stick for just this reason.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#3 Posted: 08:37:41 26/03/2012
You should've got one of these

[User Posted Image]

It's a transfer cable. It transfers everything from one 360 hard drive to another

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/...-transfer-cable
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:38:37 26/03/2012 by bisylizzie
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#4 Posted: 08:51:07 26/03/2012
Quote: Wiseman
SMy old one wasn't so my hard drive wouldn't work (and dont want to rip out the old hard drive to make it fit in the new one).

If you know that you can do it, I'm sure you realize it really isn't all that hard to do. At most, you need to get a new hard drive enclosure, which will set you back around $10, in order to make sure it fits snug in the new 360.

I changed over the hard drive of an old 360 to the new ones for my nephews when their 360 crapped out on them. They were back up an running in a matter of minutes. It probably took you longer to erase your Skylanders!

...but what's done is done. Just make sure to also transfer your licenses from your old box in case you had any digital purchases. That way, you don't lose all your purchased games too.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#5 Posted: 12:43:11 26/03/2012
The "worst luck ever" would be something like coming home from the doctor who just told you that you have AIDS, then you get in a car crash on some railroad tracks, then a train crashes into you, then a plane crashes into that crash, then a meteor crashes into the earth right at that spot.
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#6 Posted: 13:33:23 26/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: bisylizzie

[User Posted Image]

It's a transfer cable. It transfers everything from one 360 hard drive to another

Thats awesome! Thank you for the help, you saved me a lotta work.
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#7 Posted: 13:43:04 26/03/2012

[User Posted Image]

This.
The hard drive in my slim died a week after getting Skylanders. I still lost all data, because it was the HDD that died and not the console itself, but now I use the cable to back up save files on my PC. I actually find it a bit ridiculous that they don't package the cable with with the 360s or at least with new hard drives.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#8 Posted: 14:11:58 26/03/2012
Getting them back to 10 shouldn't take too long. The hardest part is getting cash for the upgrades.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#9 Posted: 14:38:36 26/03/2012
at least you have dragon's peak.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#10 Posted: 17:33:01 26/03/2012
Quote: Wiseman

-Pic-

Thats awesome! Thank you for the help, you saved me a lotta work.

It's no problem! So many people don't seem to realise that that option is available :/
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#11 Posted: 19:23:24 26/03/2012
Sooo...my brother's xbox 360 did the same thing when he played it. He got the disc read error too. I've heard a lot of this happening with Skylanders. Anyone else report this happening to them?
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#12 Posted: 19:45:32 26/03/2012
It's a common problem with 360s, from what I've been hearing.

Just try again or send it to Microsoft for repairs.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#13 Posted: 23:44:02 31/07/2012
My top 3 worst lucks

3: Bought a Wham-Shell off of eBay for 40.00, went to a local TRU, and found one.

2: After I got lucky and snagged Dragons Peak at TRU, I went to Gamestop a few hours later and found out they had Camo and Warnado, but they all sold!

1: (Most recent) Found out a local Target sold a Clear Stealth Elf a few days before I went there.. Ugh, I was pissed...
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#14 Posted: 16:13:55 03/08/2012
live and learn.. everyone have to go thru it.... next time you will be smarter i know it.
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#15 Posted: 12:48:29 07/08/2012
Looks like you didn't download the game first smilie to save on your xbox laser put the disc in and install the game it saves on the laser usage later on so it doesn't have to work as hard and work faster loading screens
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me