Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
I feel really intimidated [CLOSED]
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#1 Posted: 18:43:36 25/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I mean, look as some peoples OWN list of Skylanders, compare it to mine, what's the difference? Many Skylanders, i don't even own any Wave 2's! And what's even more annoying, is that i can't get to a TRU because my dad won't take me.
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:44:22 25/03/2012 by reventon777
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#2 Posted: 18:53:35 25/03/2012
Not trying to be a jerk, how old are you?
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#3 Posted: 18:53:57 25/03/2012
If you follow the UK thread you could find out where they are available online... if you have your own debit card you could buy them yourself or you could ask your dad if he could buy them and you would pay him back... there are quite a few available on Play.com but make sure you're actually buying from them and not from randome sellers... they're a safe and trustworthy site that I have been using for years.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#4 Posted: 19:00:26 25/03/2012
There's not really a need to feel intimidated. Everyone is different. If you're feeling intimidated by the amount of owned figures in someone else's signature, just take a look at mine, it's a very short list. smilie
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#5 Posted: 19:03:38 25/03/2012
Its not our fault. We just have local stores.
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#6 Posted: 20:02:23 25/03/2012
You shouldn't feel intimated. After all everyone has to start off somewhere when collecting.
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#7 Posted: 20:17:57 25/03/2012
I wouldn't let it get to you. As long as you enjoy the game, what does it matter if someone has more Skylanders than you?
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#8 Posted: 20:35:08 25/03/2012
This reminds me, i need to update my owned list.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#9 Posted: 20:58:55 25/03/2012
^Seriously!? He's saying he feels intimidated because other people have more than him and you're saying you have to update your (already huge) list?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Kiliek Red Sparx Gems: 29
#10 Posted: 21:21:39 25/03/2012
^ Seriously!? Coming to a thread where a guy feels intimidated and posting to show off you have every figure available?
---
[smilie smilie smilie smilie][smilie smilie smilie][smilie smilie][smilie smilie][smilie smilie][smilie smilie][smilie][smilie]
#11 Posted: 21:23:24 25/03/2012
^Are you talking to me or ialex?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Kiliek Red Sparx Gems: 29
#12 Posted: 21:25:01 25/03/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598
^Are you talking to me or ialex?

See how using the quote bottom makes more sense than using ^ ? ... also - Disregard that.. you see to be missing L-TH
---
[smilie smilie smilie smilie][smilie smilie smilie][smilie smilie][smilie smilie][smilie smilie][smilie smilie][smilie][smilie]
#13 Posted: 21:28:39 25/03/2012
lol ok. I actually have him. I got him the week he came out.
---

L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#14 Posted: 21:29:31 25/03/2012
Lol skylanders drama..
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#15 Posted: 21:34:22 25/03/2012
i don't really understand the obsession with collecting them all. most skylanders do not appeal to me design-wise.
i'm just getting each of the dragons from every element, renaming the game "spyro; draconic alliance" and calling it a day
NovaNavi Red Sparx Gems: 64
#16 Posted: 21:46:23 25/03/2012
I only get the ones I want.
---
I'LL LET YOU SLAM MY BASE
IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#17 Posted: 23:52:44 25/03/2012
Quote: NovaNavi

This right here. And it's worked out well for me thus far.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Angel Wing Green Sparx Gems: 361
#18 Posted: 01:27:50 26/03/2012
My collection isn't big, heck I don't even own Spyro Gill Grunt or regular Trigger ( I got LTH though) Just look at my sig. The reason is that my cousin bought 2 starter packs and he wanted a second set of spyro and them so he sold us the game and portal for 40$. So we had to get all the figures, except Ignitor because he hated ignitor when he got it for his birthday but Idk why ignitor is pretty cool, although Sunburn has taken theDragon Throne (get it, Dragon's peak reference) as favorite dragon and favorite skylander.
---
Raine's Collection [smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
Millerman7669 Blue Sparx Gems: 581
#19 Posted: 01:54:52 26/03/2012
Speaking of own threads...how do you guys get the character faces onto a list? I copied all of them but cant seem to get them to paste to the signature bar in settings.
#20 Posted: 02:47:45 26/03/2012
Quote: Angel Wing
My collection isn't big, heck I don't even own Spyro Gill Grunt or regular Trigger ( I got LTH though) Just look at my sig. The reason is that my cousin bought 2 starter packs and he wanted a second set of spyro and them so he sold us the game and portal for 40$. So we had to get all the figures, except Ignitor because he hated ignitor when he got it for his birthday but Idk why ignitor is pretty cool, although Sunburn has taken theDragon Throne (get it, Dragon's peak reference) as favorite dragon and favorite skylander.

In your signature you forgot the last colon on Drill Sergeant.
---

SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#21 Posted: 02:48:37 26/03/2012
Quote: reventon777
I mean, look as some peoples OWN list of Skylanders, compare it to mine, what's the difference? Many Skylanders, i don't even own any Wave 2's! And what's even more annoying, is that i can't get to a TRU because my dad won't take me.

You collect whatever you can collect. No one is imposing on you to collect them all (right now). A lot of the die hard collectors here are expected to own more than 1 copy of the set because they are hardcore collectors and could have background with other collectibles. Personally I've never collected a toy or collectible game without keeping another set. Right now the distribution is circulating almost all of the figures so you can try to collect them in your own time.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#22 Posted: 02:54:38 26/03/2012
TBH when I started playing I had no intention of collecting them all. The only reason I have so many is because around Christmas they had Buy 1 get 1 free...so I bought 3 packs (well i bought adventure packs and got the 3 packs free...) and then I couldnt find any of the characters I wanted in singles, so i ended up buying them in 3 packs. Like I wanted Sonic Boom and I couldnt find him single, so i bought him in a triple.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#23 Posted: 02:59:33 26/03/2012
Quote: ialexonline
TBH when I started playing I had no intention of collecting them all. The only reason I have so many is because around Christmas they had Buy 1 get 1 free...so I bought 3 packs (well i bought adventure packs and got the 3 packs free...) and then I couldnt find any of the characters I wanted in singles, so i ended up buying them in 3 packs. Like I wanted Sonic Boom and I couldnt find him single, so i bought him in a triple.

Taking advantage of those sales are the best way to do it. I personally would wait until some good deals will show up since it looks like Activision is making sure all of the released figures are being sold and circulated again and again.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#24 Posted: 03:13:27 26/03/2012
I originally only wanted the 4 adventure packs and 1 of each element then i got hooked and started tossing money away lol
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#25 Posted: 04:05:55 26/03/2012
I originally was only going to get one of each element but than I got hooked and wanted them all.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#26 Posted: 05:44:36 26/03/2012

This. I have no intrest in getting all of them. You don't need to to enjoy the game. Plus you'll never use all of them.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#27 Posted: 07:26:37 26/03/2012
I wish I'd had the self-restraint myself. I originally made a list of the ones I would want. Then the others started growing on me, and before I knew it, I was collecting. I think it was more a nostalgia thing on my end, though.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Angel Wing Green Sparx Gems: 361
#28 Posted: 09:56:36 26/03/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598
Quote: Angel Wing

In your signature you forgot the last colon on Drill Sergeant.

I did I will fix it.
---
Raine's Collection [smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
#29 Posted: 17:02:24 26/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sunny Castanets
I wouldn't let it get to you. As long as you enjoy the game, what does it matter if someone has more Skylanders than you?

Wise words...smilie
---
CopiousTurtle Green Sparx Gems: 240
#30 Posted: 17:15:03 26/03/2012
I agree with Sunny... don't let what other people have make you feel inadequate... I mean, it is just a game. If you are a completionist like me then I see where you are coming from, but we all know that in the grand scheme of things Skylanders ranks very low on the priority list.

Besides, you've got some good Skylanders there. Sonic Boom, Stealth Elf, Drobot and Prism Break are crowd favorites. Chop Chop and Eruptor are too, but on a smaller scale. It'll happen. We'll start seeing figures everywhere when all of the waves are released for a couple of months. People will be anticipating Giants then.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#31 Posted: 17:16:39 26/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Good point, everyone will soon be after Giants figures instead of Adventure figures.
---
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#32 Posted: 17:24:20 26/03/2012
It also means that when everyone has all the figures, they will get bored, and you will still be having lots of fun because you didn't get them all at once. If you get one a week, then you won't get through all of the new ones in two days. You will have the rest of the week to look forward to another figure. You will get all the ones you want eventually. Don't worry.
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
#33 Posted: 17:28:33 26/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cheeseman
It also means that when everyone has all the figures, they will get bored, and you will still be having lots of fun because you didn't get them all at once. If you get one a week, then you won't get through all of the new ones in two days. You will have the rest of the week to look forward to another figure. You will get all the ones you want eventually. Don't worry.

I sure hope so.
---
#34 Posted: 17:29:28 26/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kesrael
Not trying to be a jerk, how old are you?

12 Years, 13 in November
---
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#35 Posted: 05:21:34 02/05/2012

which is all of them for me...
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#36 Posted: 06:19:58 02/05/2012
Which is why I don't post my collection in my signature. No point in bragging and making people feel bad about what they have yet to get.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#37 Posted: 06:33:17 02/05/2012
Quote: reventon777

So what if other people have big collections and you don't at least you have something other then the starter pack skylanders and that you have fun playing the game and I am only aloud to get 3 skylanders a month because I don't have a local store and maybe if you save money up ask can you go to TRU and maybe you might be aloud to go that always works for me
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:38:13 02/05/2012 by azz01
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me