Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Dragons Peak and $5 Gift Card!!! [CLOSED]
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#1 Posted: 16:52:24 24/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Dragons Peak and all 3 Packs tomorrow at TRU come with a FREE $5 TRU Gift card!

I am buying Dragons Peak online RIGHT NOW and I will cancel my order if I get it in store tomorrow (they're not shipping it tomorrow anyways!)

Just want ot make sure I get it!

But yeah ALL 3 PACKS FROM TRU AND ADVENTURE PACKS TOMORROW GET YOU A $5 GIFT CARD
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#2 Posted: 17:00:20 24/03/2012
I believe what he meant to say is GET YOUR BUTT to toysrus.com right now and order it and skip the line...it is active!

smilie
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#3 Posted: 17:12:21 24/03/2012
^this!!
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#4 Posted: 17:33:07 24/03/2012
I am gonna go down to the store and get mine still. I am hoping the new 3 packs are there too so I can nab that for my new set! But with shipping it's 33 bucks vs in store I can get it for 27 and get a 5 dollar gift card...and other figures.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#5 Posted: 17:44:37 24/03/2012
Quote: xerokills
I am gonna go down to the store and get mine still. I am hoping the new 3 packs are there too so I can nab that for my new set! But with shipping it's 33 bucks vs in store I can get it for 27 and get a 5 dollar gift card...and other figures.

Ditto, I'm ordering right now! And if I end up with 2, I'll give one away here.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#6 Posted: 17:47:17 24/03/2012
Already ordered, but I'll still go. After all, a spare can either go in our boxed set, or be our nephew's birthday present. The possibilities are virtually limitless.
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#7 Posted: 18:04:30 24/03/2012
Ugh, it seems I don't have enough money, so I guess I can't get it...

If I put it in my shopping cart, can I save it and buy later?
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:21:35 24/03/2012 by PinkWater
#8 Posted: 18:33:39 24/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: PinkWater
Ugh, it seems I don't have enough money, so I guess I can't get it...

If I put it in my shopping cart, can I save it and buy later?

Yes but they can still sell it if you dont check out.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#9 Posted: 19:44:23 24/03/2012
So, I'm assuming you see this in the ad that starts tomorrow? I don't get the printed ad. Does is specifically picture/mention the Zook 3 pack? Thanks...
---
#10 Posted: 19:45:55 24/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kesrael
So, I'm assuming you see this in the ad that starts tomorrow? I don't get the printed ad. Does is specifically picture/mention the Zook 3 pack? Thanks...

Yes it's in tomorrows ad (we get them on Saturdays for some reason)

It has the Legendary 3 Pack and the DP Adventure pack but it says $5 gift card with ANY 3 Pack or Adventure pack purchase.

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:49:50 24/03/2012 by ialexonline
Kao Kitty Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#11 Posted: 19:51:57 24/03/2012
Crap, I see legendary triple pack... that means I have to make the trip tomorrow anyway. ;;
#12 Posted: 20:08:57 24/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kao Kitty
Crap, I see legendary triple pack... that means I have to make the trip tomorrow anyway. ;;

Yup smilie
I got my legendary 3 pack during christmas so im hoping they have the wave 4 3 pack tomorrow. Or at least the Singles of Wave 4
---
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#13 Posted: 20:12:04 24/03/2012

That doesn't necessary mean your store will have the Legendary Pack, although it's worth the trip to find out. I hope they have wave 4 singles.
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#14 Posted: 20:13:29 24/03/2012

I was just going to post the exact same thing. I still need the Legendary 3 pack and Empire Of Ice so I guess I better go over to see if they will have either of them.
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#15 Posted: 21:06:34 24/03/2012
Is the canadian toys r us's doing this aswell tomorrow does anyone know?
jperrot1 Blue Sparx Gems: 993
#16 Posted: 16:35:27 25/03/2012
I picked up a DP at opening time. No triple packs. No other new characters.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#17 Posted: 16:38:09 25/03/2012
I just got DP at open and they Legendary Trigger about 60 and about 40 DP nothing else new though.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#18 Posted: 16:40:22 25/03/2012
Unlike Wednesday, this offer was not a bust at all. Abundant Dragon's Peaks, and the offer for the gift card was nice. One per customer, but single packs were unrestricted. I think Wednesday has been rectified a bit for me.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#19 Posted: 18:16:41 25/03/2012
Did everyone else get the collectable gift card for this event? It's dark blue and has the Skylanders logo with the characters seen in the promo art for the game. Really nice thing.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6303
#20 Posted: 18:18:39 25/03/2012
I never got one or is it only when you buy it in store?
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#21 Posted: 18:21:10 25/03/2012
Quote: AJAwesome

Yeah, during the promotion time (I think it goes till next Sunday) if you buy a 3 pack or the adventure packs in store, you get a $5 giftcard, but it's special.

I'm glad they actually had them. When HeartGold and SoulSilver came out for Pokemon, a bunch of people got gipped and got a plain card.
---
#22 Posted: 18:27:41 25/03/2012
Mine said they never got the special gift cards. Would have liked to have gotten it, I did ask, but a free $5 is still nice.
---
Aaryana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#23 Posted: 18:41:46 25/03/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Unlike Wednesday, this offer was not a bust at all. Abundant Dragon's Peaks, and the offer for the gift card was nice. One per customer, but single packs were unrestricted. I think Wednesday has been rectified a bit for me.

I feel exactly the same way. At our TRU, there were plenty for the people waiting. The limit was 1 on DP but no limit on other products. It made me feel better about Wednesday because, even though I got L-Rod on Weds, a lot of people were really disappointed.
---
New to the Skylands!
Dragon15010 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#24 Posted: 19:07:48 25/03/2012
i will get dragon's peak TODAY!!
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#25 Posted: 19:13:21 25/03/2012
I got DP like 2 hours ago and I got the gift card. I like the gift card they made it specially for Skylanders.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#26 Posted: 19:25:09 25/03/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598
I got DP like 2 hours ago and I got the gift card. I like the gift card they made it specially for Skylanders.

Ya its cool. They should make a skylanders rewards card.
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#27 Posted: 19:26:35 25/03/2012
^zomg they should! I'm getting one anyways.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

the_box Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#28 Posted: 00:31:39 26/03/2012
I would like people to know that you can buy multiple adventure packs and multiple $5 gift cards, stacked together in one card. Like for example, if you get 2 adventure packs you will get a $10 gift card. Yet, please note, the gift cards activate 6 hours after your purchase, so you can't use it right away.
---
Collection Complete! 37/37
#29 Posted: 00:58:25 26/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: the_box
I would like people to know that you can buy multiple adventure packs and multiple $5 gift cards, stacked together in one card. Like for example, if you get 2 adventure packs you will get a $10 gift card. Yet, please note, the gift cards activate 6 hours after your purchase, so you can't use it right away.

This might not be true for everyone. The bottom of the ad says only 1 gift card per person.
---
azn87 Green Sparx Gems: 105
#30 Posted: 02:52:08 26/03/2012
i got 3 cards today for 3 (3 packs)
the_box Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#31 Posted: 04:45:13 26/03/2012
Quote: ialexonline
Quote: the_box

This might not be true for everyone. The bottom of the ad says only 1 gift card per person.

The register system work as I described. That's how I ran it up. Unless TRU changes the layout in their computers so you can only get $5 from multiple copies of adventure packs in the same purchase, it will stay that way.
---
Collection Complete! 37/37
Angel Wing Green Sparx Gems: 361
#32 Posted: 10:28:43 26/03/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

Yeah, during the promotion time (I think it goes till next Sunday) if you buy a 3 pack or the adventure packs in store, you get a $5 giftcard, but it's special.

I'm glad they actually had them. When HeartGold and SoulSilver came out for Pokemon, a bunch of people got gipped and got a plain card.

2 Things, Gipped? And the second is I preordered mine so I got a Lugia and Ho-oh figurine with my purchases, and I still use my pokewalker to this day haha, Kids at school are like, "Raine, you are 14 and you still play pokemon with a pokewalker?" I say that I am training them as I walk, and somebody has to train them. Currently walking a Flareon.
---
Raine's Collection [smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#33 Posted: 12:55:18 26/03/2012
Quote: Angel Wing

2 Things, Gipped? And the second is I preordered mine so I got a Lugia and Ho-oh figurine with my purchases, and I still use my pokewalker to this day haha, Kids at school are like, "Raine, you are 14 and you still play pokemon with a pokewalker?" I say that I am training them as I walk, and somebody has to train them. Currently walking a Flareon.

I'm 20 and walk around with my PokeWalker. It's what all cool kids do.

I got the promotional gift card from TRU, but without the money. The TRU by me used the gift cards as the tickets on Wednesday, so mine has a big 3 in permanent marker. It makes for a nice reminder of how I spent almost two and a half hours of my life that day.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
#34 Posted: 12:56:14 26/03/2012 | Topic Creator

I was a senior in High school when those games came out, and since I got the originals when I was like 10, I got the remakes and wore my Pokewalker as a senior to school >.> my friends laughed at me but I could give two craps and they got over it real quick.
---
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#35 Posted: 13:01:30 26/03/2012
Wow, TRU! You are so generous by giving me FIVE DOLLARS! smilie
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#36 Posted: 14:06:14 26/03/2012

It means to be cheat or frauded haha. It wasn't that big of a deal, since I got some other cool things from the mini event, but it would have been nice to have it. (I got like..4 Lugias and 3 Ho-ohs from preordering at other stores lawl)

And don't worry about the Pokewalker. I still carried it with me up to about december of last year after I got the 3DS. I gre a Charmeleon to level 81 and unlocked all the routes!
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me