Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Gamestop now buying back Skylanders figures (and selling them used).
Page 1 of 1
Gamestop now buying back Skylanders figures (and selling them used). [CLOSED]
Xerobull Green Sparx Gems: 431
#1 Posted: 14:52:31 24/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I was in the local GS the other day (and happened to get two wave 4 figs smilie ) and the manager mentioned that they were buying back Skylanders figs now for $4 each.

So if you're bored with the game, there's an out if you don't want to deal with ebay or craigslist.

Also, you'll now be able to find those previously sold out Skylanders figs used.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#2 Posted: 14:54:29 24/03/2012
That is actually really good news! I am excited to see them being sold in the Game stops I go to that cheap.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#3 Posted: 14:54:54 24/03/2012
Yeah, I posted this yesterday. While calling a Gamestop that helps me get the figures before anyone else (due to the fact they know I'm not some loser scalper), they told me they finally take trade on the game and characters.

Maybe this will help people find them. I'm sure Gamestop will make sure they're in ample supply.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#4 Posted: 14:55:31 24/03/2012
Very interesting.

I'd look into this option if (a) I didn't have the older ones and (b) Gamestop didn't screw my friend and I over by saying they'd hold something and then turning around and selling it to someone who didn't even see what the figures were. I won't give them my business. I'll take their free Pokemon Wi-Fi gifts and leave.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#5 Posted: 14:59:08 24/03/2012
That sounds like what CEX have been doing for a while :/ It looks like they took a little while on your side then smilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#6 Posted: 15:05:07 24/03/2012
Not a bad idea on their part. Until people start naming their Skylanders various profanities and then selling them to a store which will inevitably be clueless as to how to reset the things.
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#7 Posted: 15:06:06 24/03/2012
I noticed CEX were buying back Skylanders, and at not too bad a price, either! I don't know if I could part with my figures though, although maybe if the re-posed Giants ones worked with the original game, I would consider it if some of them had better poses.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#8 Posted: 00:46:39 25/03/2012
Speaking of used figures, does the game have a list of banned nicknames so kids won't buy figures named very immature things? smilie

It's surprising they've taken so long to do this, when the figures are much more functional as video game accessories than those plastic tennis rackets/Wii wheels/other useless Wii attachments they've already been reselling.

If they could convince people to sell them for only $4, it'd be a nice way to increase availability.
---
#all Spyros are valid
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#9 Posted: 00:59:53 25/03/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Not a bad idea on their part. Until people start naming their Skylanders various profanities and then selling them to a store which will inevitably be clueless as to how to reset the things.

....Why would Gamestop be clueless on how to reset them....
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#10 Posted: 01:04:05 25/03/2012
Because they're GameStop. Half the employees don't even really know what Skylanders is, aside from the fact that people buy it. I really don't anticipate them having a reset station with the game and a portal set up. Not until it blows up in their face with profane Skylander names, anyway. That's when they'll figure it out.
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#11 Posted: 01:06:36 25/03/2012
this is rather neat but..

...is activision ok with this? this seems like something they'd specifically want to avoid
Dsi568 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3173
#12 Posted: 02:19:09 25/03/2012
So if you trade them in, do you to give them the card/sticker/code as well?
---
Instagram: Skymiibomon_U
Twitter: @skymiibomon_U
NNID: dsi568
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:19:52 25/03/2012 by Dsi568
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#13 Posted: 02:32:14 25/03/2012
Quote: Osbor
this is rather neat but..

...is activision ok with this? this seems like something they'd specifically want to avoid

They don't have to be okay with it...Gamestop is a glorified Pawn Shop for video games.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
The Dooms Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#14 Posted: 03:22:29 25/03/2012
Considering I know full well that profane names are allowed (My roommate has nicknamed his Stealth Elf "Ninja B***h"), I think that many concerned parents would appreciate a reset station.
---
Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmilie smilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmilie
Skylanders needed: smilie smilie smilie smilie
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#15 Posted: 05:07:03 25/03/2012
Quote: Dsi568

Gamestop takes trade-ins for games minus manuals or even cases a lot of the time. You cant trade back in pre-order bonuses. No reason that you would need such things.
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#16 Posted: 10:23:32 25/03/2012
Quote: Dsi568

When I got my Spyro from CEX, it didn't come with sticker or card, so it really depends on whether they'd get traded in with the figure, or whether they'd chuck out the card and sticker.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me