Page 1 of 1
Buying it or not? [CLOSED]
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#1 Posted: 14:24:08 24/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I think I might buy it, but if they make Skylanders 3 then screw it, thats too much of my money down the drain. Hopefully they'll stop making Skylander games after this one. I'm not saying that because I dont like it, but if they just milk this thing like Call of Duty then I'm just not gonna bother.

What about you?
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#2 Posted: 16:01:24 24/03/2012
Because it's Activision, I'm expecting the series to be milked.

I'm not doing Giants. I don't even want someone to give me the game as a gift, in all honesty. It's been such a bear to finish off Spyro's Adventure up to this point. There's a ton of competition to figures and it easily empties all the money in your pocket. Not to mention the fact that the prices have increased for the figures.

The inconsistencies between retail locations doesn't help either. Like one TRU saying one thing and another TRU saying a another.

My biggest complaint is lack of official statements from Activision. In example, when is Wave Z being released? Activision: "Uh... Check your stores. They'll be putting out stock once they get them... Actually, it'll be in the Spring... Just check in the Spring... Sometime around Easter." This causes way too much customer frustration.

Don't get me wrong, Spyro's Adventure was fun, but I don't want to go through all of the above all over again for two dozen plus toys.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#3 Posted: 16:06:35 24/03/2012
Hell no.

Maybe ONLY the figures, you know, for show, but that's it.
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#4 Posted: 16:17:10 24/03/2012
Quote: spyrathedragon
Hell no.

Maybe ONLY the figures, you know, for show, but that's it.

...You don't want to buy the game, but you'd buy the extra figures that are overpriced and feel even more so if you can't use them for their purpose.

Yeah, that makes sense.
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#5 Posted: 16:17:54 24/03/2012
I am definetly buying this game.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
trentd78 Ripto Gems: 914
#6 Posted: 17:42:38 24/03/2012
this is already owned by me.
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#7 Posted: 20:39:04 24/03/2012
I'm totally getting the game. I already have the old skylanders. I won't need the new ones.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:51:35 24/03/2012 by SilentButDeadly
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#8 Posted: 21:55:29 24/03/2012
I probably will.
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#9 Posted: 22:19:58 24/03/2012
Yeah i will be buying the game...

Im going to be a lot more wary in buying characters though. Im NOT buying and of the redesigns of the old characters, unless they make a Spyro. I dont care if they light up and look awesome, im not having multiples of the same character just looking different as a toy...

Theyre only releasing a few new characters though right? I'll buy my favorites (surely i wont like them all) and obviously ill get the starter pack (without the portal)

I have all these Skylanders I refuse to let them go to waste. Which is why I will also buy the Wii and 3DS versions so then I have 4 completely different games to use all my characters on.

You just need to go into it knowing that you wont buy the characters or get mad if others have characters you don't. I'll buy all the giants and a few new characters but i wont go crazy like i did with this game.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#10 Posted: 23:28:17 24/03/2012
Yep, definitely.

I'll admit there are some things that aren't looking too amazing, but I have faith things like the availability of figures will be better off. A lot of stores are getting things in now and finally being replenished. Since they know how big Skylanders was, they'll be better prepared for Giants. (At least in my mind they will)

Still debating on what exactly I'll be getting. I know I'll definitely get the Giants and the new guys, and the LightForces as well, granted they're not super rare to find. However, I'm at a toss up for the remodels. I'd love to get some of them and try alternate paths, and I'd probably end up getting them all if they have anything interestingly different about them. (We've only seen brief glimpses of Zook and Cynder. We really have no idea about any sort of changes..) However, if it turns up they're just the same, I'll pick out a few that look great or that I want an alternate for.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#11 Posted: 23:51:50 24/03/2012
No. It's going to be EXACTLY the same as the original, just with a few new figures. Why would I pay more to get a game I already have? Besides, the giants seem way to OP.

Also there isn't a PC version so even if I wanted to I couldn't get it. And I don't want to have to own 2 freaken portals.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#12 Posted: 00:01:03 25/03/2012
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
No. It's going to be EXACTLY the same as the original, just with a few new figures. Why would I pay more to get a game I already have? Besides, the giants seem way to OP.

Also there isn't a PC version so even if I wanted to I couldn't get it. And I don't want to have to own 2 freaken portals.

Why does everyone not understand that the PC portal works cross-platform? The only portals that don't work cross platform are the 3DS and 360 ones.
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#13 Posted: 00:15:32 25/03/2012
Quote: bionicle2809

Why does everyone not understand that the PC portal works cross-platform? The only portals that don't work cross platform are the 3DS and 360 ones.

Incorrect. My 3DS portal is being used on my Wii. I dont use my Wii portal it's a battery sucker.

Im thinking he means that he only has PC and no system? And doesnt realize there's a "returning" kit and a "new player" kit.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#14 Posted: 01:23:13 25/03/2012
^First of all, I'm a she,

Secondly, I do know there's a returning kit, and yes, I only have a PC, no other system. And everyone knows how crappy the PC portal is. I went 6 weeks without a Spyro cause of it breaking him. I doubt it would be as good on another console either.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#15 Posted: 04:17:44 25/03/2012
Probably... but if the series gets milked, I'm not getting the next one... I just hope they've made a game just for Spyro by then... smilie
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#16 Posted: 04:26:52 25/03/2012
Getting it when it exactly comes out.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#17 Posted: 05:54:28 25/03/2012
yes and i only plan to buy the 8 giants and the 8 new figures i could care less about the light up ones or the redone ones.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#18 Posted: 06:37:52 25/03/2012
I'm going to purchase the game when it comes out, hopefully the character shortage will improve by then but I doubt it. I want to get all of the characters but I'm probably going to pass on the Light Force Prism Break and only purchase some of the remodeled ones like Cynder and Zook.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#19 Posted: 12:58:26 25/03/2012
Quote: ialexonline
Quote: bionicle2809

Incorrect. My 3DS portal is being used on my Wii. I dont use my Wii portal it's a battery sucker.

Oh right, yeah. I got confused with no other portal working on the 3DS version rather than the 3DS portal working on no other version.
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#20 Posted: 14:34:10 25/03/2012
only if they add something important to the pvp mode
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#21 Posted: 00:06:08 26/03/2012
When activsion decides to come out with a spyro game where his name is first in the title and is based solely around him then I will get it, meanwhile this series is gonna get milked just like the guitar hero series then cancelled. Hope his name is passed to another developer and or publisher.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#22 Posted: 00:16:59 26/03/2012
Since I don't care about the fact it doesn't revolve around Spyro, and I liked the first one, I'm probably going to get it.
But I don't know about the figures. I probably will, but it depends on the price.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:19:17 28/03/2012 by LevanJess
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#23 Posted: 06:55:50 26/03/2012
Day one purchase for me. I will simply pre-order once it's available. Especially since all my old Skylanders will work it's a no brainer. Let the haters hate and the players play :-)
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#24 Posted: 00:13:44 28/03/2012
If they release new gameplay content (that peeks my interest), and if I don't have to require a giant to beat this game 100% , then I might just buy it.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#25 Posted: 03:05:30 28/03/2012
You will be required to have a giant to get 100% but you will also be provided with one with the game.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#26 Posted: 03:10:06 28/03/2012
Quote: S240sx24
...this series is gonna get milked just like the guitar hero series then cancelled.

^ This. So much. The only question is when will it be cancelled? Right now it's too hot of an item and it's successfully grabbed children's attention. It'll take a long while before the milking becomes unsuccessful with this cash cow.

Furthermore (and from the same quote),

Quote:
Hope his name is passed to another developer and or publisher.

I agree. Keep the Spyro comin'.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#27 Posted: 04:41:39 28/03/2012
Could someone explain to me what milking is? But yes I will buy it. The first game was awesome. I loved it! I think online gameplay is not needed. Kids don't use it anyway. Take it from an actual kid in the actul target age. We have short attention spans. We would forget about a measly six months after the last figure. They are not milking, or what ever tht means. They re being smart and thinking about the target ages. And like Tigorus said, let the haters hate and the players play.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
#28 Posted: 05:42:17 28/03/2012
Quote: Dmcrocks
Could someone explain to me what milking is? But yes I will buy it. The first game was awesome. I loved it! I think online gameplay is not needed. Kids don't use it anyway. Take it from an actual kid in the actul target age. We have short attention spans. We would forget about a measly six months after the last figure. They are not milking, or what ever tht means. They re being smart and thinking about the target ages. And like Tigorus said, let the haters hate and the players play.

LOL. How can you say they're not milking when you don't even know what it is! smilie
Anyway... Milking is like...making the most profit from something by ANY means possible, usually by churning out game after game every year, all the time being identical to the previous with a few minor changes. Eg adding Giants to skylanders, when pretty much everything else will stay the same.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#29 Posted: 06:21:05 28/03/2012
I don't understand this burning desire to see this franchise change. The biggest complaint is that (based on very little official knowledge) It's the same game. I have a question, is that a bad thing? If you loved the first game why wouldn't you want the second to be similar but with some new added features like possibly difficulty settings and online play. If Giants has either or both of these and it feels like the first game, plus with Kaos coming back, it will be a damn near perfect game. If something is as good (overall critically and player wise) as the first game why would they drastically change it up? Not to mention the current formula is making them a ton of money so again why change it up?
#30 Posted: 06:41:09 28/03/2012
Quote: Tigorus
I don't understand this burning desire to see this franchise change. The biggest complaint is that (based on very little official knowledge) It's the same game. I have a question, is that a bad thing? If you loved the first game why wouldn't you want the second to be similar but with some new added features like possibly difficulty settings and online play. If Giants has either or both of these and it feels like the first game, plus with Kaos coming back, it will be a damn near perfect game. If something is as good (overall critically and player wise) as the first game why would they drastically change it up? Not to mention the current formula is making them a ton of money so again why change it up?

But I'm pretty sure on some other topic we already established there was no difficulty settings. Why would you pay another 80 bucks for a game you pretty much already have, just with a few new figures? There's no point getting a sequel if there are no improvements.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#31 Posted: 07:03:37 28/03/2012

But I'm pretty sure on some other topic we already established there was no difficulty settings. Why would you pay another 80 bucks for a game you pretty much already have, just with a few new figures? There's no point getting a sequel if there are no improvements.

Please provide a link where T.F.B. or Activision stated there wouldn't be difficulty settings or online play. Now again I'm o.k. if they aren't there but I would be happier if they were there. Also how do you know the core game will be $80? They have also stated that there will be a cheaper version without the portal. So you will get a new game $60 average m.s.r.p. and three figures, one of which is a giant. Last I checked three packs are $20 at their cheapest so even if it was $80 that's about right. I believe someone stated that the Giants ordered through Gamestop were $12 (don't know if that's official). I personally believe the graphics will be better since the game will be made independently for each system. We get to use our original line up Skylanders with he new game. I just don't know what you'd expect. Why would they change the core game or it's mechanics at this point. Zelda usually tries to reinvent itself almost every time and some love it and some hate it. I personally don't think they should change much since for the most part the way it is now works...I've mentioned this before in other threads, keep in mind that this is a game targeted at the 7-12 age group and what us mature gamers want from this franchise isn't always realistic.
#32 Posted: 08:10:33 28/03/2012

Please provide a link where T.F.B. or Activision stated there wouldn't be difficulty settings or online play. Now again I'm o.k. if they aren't there but I would be happier if they were there. Also how do you know the core game will be $80? They have also stated that there will be a cheaper version without the portal. So you will get a new game $60 average m.s.r.p. and three figures, one of which is a giant. Last I checked three packs are $20 at their cheapest so even if it was $80 that's about right. I believe someone stated that the Giants ordered through Gamestop were $12 (don't know if that's official). I personally believe the graphics will be better since the game will be made independently for each system. We get to use our original line up Skylanders with he new game. I just don't know what you'd expect. Why would they change the core game or it's mechanics at this point. Zelda usually tries to reinvent itself almost every time and some love it and some hate it. I personally don't think they should change much since for the most part the way it is now works...I've mentioned this before in other threads, keep in mind that this is a game targeted at the 7-12 age group and what us mature gamers want from this franchise isn't always realistic.

I'm not sure how accurate the topic was, but here it is: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=47516. When did I mention online play? We already know from that interview ages ago there IS online play. And I said 80 bucks as a general statement, I wasn't saying the game was going to be 80 bucks, I have no idea how much it is.

And also, we just discovered on some topic in the SSA forum that the old skylanders can only go up to level 10, while remodles can go higher. Here's the site we found it on. http://www.gamepeople.co.uk/fa...ders-giants.htm
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#33 Posted: 17:25:58 28/03/2012
Yeah see I'm not that freaked out any more, and here's why. I went back and watched every video from Toy Fair and never once did they say there would be a new level cap. Also They did state that the new remodeled figures wouldn't do anything new in Giants so no new abilities. Now why give new levels if you don;t get new abilities. To my knowledge the only stat that changes as you level is your HP. So I'm going off of the assumption that there are no new levels. If anyone knows different please let me know. That Family Gamer T.V. article seems to be based off of a lot of assumptions and very little confirmed facts.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me