Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Figure play beyond the game. [CLOSED]
wem Red Sparx Gems: 72
#1 Posted: 01:15:18 23/03/2012 | Topic Creator
It's been a pleasant surprise to watch my kids with the figures. We got the game and about 6 or 7 figures for them at Christmas and truth be told, the game sat for like two months before we really started to play it, but once we got into it, we really got into it, together! Of course, we've now accumulated many figures and the play has gone to a whole new level.

I see the boys playing all the time with the figures, having battles with them, using the cards to figure out who would be better in different situations, like could stealth elf out run ghost roaster. Lol!

I hear them in the shower pretending to be different characters, and talking about battling Kaos. Or outside running around battling each other In different scenarios. It's very cool and far beyond what I imagined they'd get out of it.

Made me think activision should make a role playing game out of them like Pokemon or something!

Are others seeing their kids do stuff like this too? Just curious!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:16:13 23/03/2012 by wem
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#2 Posted: 01:47:48 23/03/2012
u really didn't have to mention that shower thing
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#3 Posted: 01:48:56 23/03/2012
I like to play and look at the toys too. Its very fun.
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#4 Posted: 02:36:59 23/03/2012
Quote: Landerfan2012
u really didn't have to mention that shower thing

Ya...
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#5 Posted: 02:45:20 23/03/2012
Oh come on. If you have little kids, this is a common thing... I am a twin, so I always took baths with my bro. At that age...it's not creepy by any means...don't make a cool story about a father's kids excited about a game into something creepy. I can't wait to hear all the stories about my nephew loving his new Skylanders (they get there tomorrow! So stoked for him) Great story! When I finally have kids, I'm sure Skylanders will be in my son's rotation of things to play. Great for building kid's imaginations.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#6 Posted: 02:52:54 23/03/2012
Quote: xerokills
Oh come on. If you have little kids, this is a common thing... I am a twin, so I always took baths with my bro. At that age...it's not creepy by any means...don't make a cool story about a father's kids excited about a game into something creepy. I can't wait to hear all the stories about my nephew loving his new Skylanders (they get there tomorrow! So stoked for him) Great story! When I finally have kids, I'm sure Skylanders will be in my son's rotation of things to play. Great for building kid's imaginations.

^ This. Everyone needs to be reminded that little kids taking showers together is perfectly normal. To the OP, that is awesome. My daughter only play occasionally and she isn't that into it but kids role playing this game would be pretty awesome...game on.
Spacemonster505 Red Sparx Gems: 61
#7 Posted: 03:02:05 23/03/2012
My5 yr son plays with our skylanders and 1 yr she loves them too im glad they slobber proof cause she'll crawl with them in her mouth.
Dragon15010 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#8 Posted: 03:52:22 23/03/2012
um yea... my sister does that..
L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#9 Posted: 05:23:49 23/03/2012
Enough with the bath discussion.. Lol.
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
The Dooms Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#10 Posted: 05:36:40 23/03/2012
I've actually been theorizing on a way to make something like Skylanders Chess, or something, with each character having a different ability on the board. Or just using them for Monopoly.
---
Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmilie smilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmilie
Skylanders needed: smilie smilie smilie smilie
jmrothermel Green Sparx Gems: 291
#11 Posted: 12:24:54 23/03/2012
My kids love playing with the figures too like little
Action men.
wem Red Sparx Gems: 72
#12 Posted: 12:40:31 23/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: The Dooms
I've actually been theorizing on a way to make something like Skylanders Chess, or something, with each character having a different ability on the board. Or just using them for Monopoly.

Ha - this is a great idea! Keep us posted if you come up with something!
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#13 Posted: 14:15:34 23/03/2012
Just a suggestion, why not slap a paint of sealer on the bottom of your figures so that you can waterproof them and use them in water, so they dont have to roleplay in the tub they can actually use them in the tub!

I know a member talked about this before, that her kids used them in the tub and they dried out and worked perfectly, but why not try using a clear sealant on the bottom to completely waterproof it! Just a fun suggestion.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me