Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A new way of posting your finds [CLOSED]
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#1 Posted: 00:18:03 23/03/2012 | Topic Creator
So, I obviously want to put a curb on the scalping that occurs because we help them to find the new batches. Of course they can find them on their own. But I think we need a centralized location. I have thought of a few ways to do this. I'm thinking of setting up a private twitter account that when I find them somewhere I will post it on my twitter and it will notify you of my post. This is going to be the easiest way. You can then retweet or tweet your findings as well. I assume most people have a twitter account. So I wanted to get anyone's opinion. And I will post here in this forum whenever I have a new find, and same goes for anyone else. If anyone has a find, they post "Check Twitter" and that way people who are on the forum can go to the private twitter account.

Opinions? I am trying to figure out the most streamlined way to get news of their availability to the vast majority and obviously I will be screening who is allowed in and who isn't. It will be pretty obvious who the scalpers are. If I've never seen you post a darn thing, you better give me a good idea of who you are. Give me a story, or whatever to make it known your purpose for buying skylanders. I have a pretty good BS detector.

So share your thoughts.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
wem Red Sparx Gems: 72
#2 Posted: 00:22:09 23/03/2012
Really? Hmm... So scalpers should make a twitter account and do the same? Seems a bit silly. Probably easier to just accept there are people who have differing views.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:25:14 23/03/2012 by wem
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#3 Posted: 00:23:59 23/03/2012
I like it.

What will this private Twitter account be? Send me a PM. You know I'm no nosebleeding scalper.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#4 Posted: 00:25:50 23/03/2012 | Topic Creator
So you're saying you wouldn't want to be notified on a weekday if I find some during the store openings. I'm trying to take a lot of the chasing out of the equation as well as the rest of you would help to get everyone retail priced skylanders. This craze is not going away. Giants will create this same wave. So don't expect it's fandom to disappear. I am just throwing the idea out there.
---
#5 Posted: 00:31:34 23/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: wem
Really? Hmm... So scalpers should make a twitter account and do the same? Seems a bit silly. Probably easier to just accept there are people who have differing views.

Well...I doubt scalpers share their intel. I just need to reduce their gaze on our forum. If darkspyro doesn't show up in searches, then we won't be giving away what we found. And they'll have to do the actual legwork and more of the skylanders will sit on shelves longer, allowing more parents to get them. It may seem like it wouldn't make a difference. But on Sunday, which would you rather see. 40 people in line? or 25? Even if it reduces the line by 1 person. That means we've accomplished something. I've met people who have said to me while shopping, "yeah, I found out about this from the darkspyro forums. Even the Toys R Us knows all about the forums. I personally would love to tell everyone my secrets and I have. But I'm done helping the greedy ones like wes and any trolls we have here...which are probably in the 1000's. Don't underestimate that number either.

I don't have to do anything. I'm just offering to help.
---
#6 Posted: 00:32:18 23/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I will announce it once I set it up. But I wanted public opinion first.
---
Aaryana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#7 Posted: 00:36:27 23/03/2012
I like it! Thanks!
---
New to the Skylands!
TheFireInside Gold Sparx Gems: 2426
#8 Posted: 00:49:47 23/03/2012
I like the idea. If you decide to set it up I'll PM you my twitter name.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
slpfw0802 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#9 Posted: 01:05:40 23/03/2012
This is a good idea! Maybe you should try a facebook private page or set up an account for this as well and make it invitation only
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Awesome profile pic by nintendofan92
#10 Posted: 01:11:16 23/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Good idea. I can do it that way as well. Most people have a facebook. So that will do nicely.

Vote:

Twitter or Facebook.

Also adds a way for us to all get to know eachother a bit more.

smilie
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#11 Posted: 01:14:37 23/03/2012
Facebook. All of us who are known not to be scalpers should all vote in each new person, unless we already know them. For safety measures.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
slpfw0802 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#12 Posted: 01:51:49 23/03/2012
I vote facebook since it is easier and can be hidden better as well
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Awesome profile pic by nintendofan92
Wzd081 Green Sparx Gems: 243
#13 Posted: 02:08:00 23/03/2012
Facebook...
L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#14 Posted: 02:32:06 23/03/2012
Are people really this crazy for skylanders?
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#15 Posted: 02:40:15 23/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Yes. Lets put this in the same realm as Pokemon in fad status. It's up there. If we get lines of people to buy 2 new figures. Then yes, it's popular.

Those that want in shoot me a pm and I'll send you the email address to look for on Facebook.

smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me