Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Complaints about scalpers [CLOSED]
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#51 Posted: 02:00:16 23/03/2012
Quote:
The figures in store are just under-priced. I actually wish the figures were something like $20 each retail so fewer people bought them. I'd rather pay a little more and actually have the figures than sit around without figures like I am now.

There is a sweet spot when doing pricing, but charging $20 for a figure would definitely ensure anybody would be able to find the figures they want. Why? Because, they sure wouldn't move at that price. Scalpers are making a killing using eBay, but the vast majority of buyers won't pay those prices. Activision could easily charge scalper prices and Skylanders would be languishing on the shelf.

I think Activision is being stupid in not keeping the supply up to meet demand. Their executives always complain about the re-sell market and how they don't make any money. People want to give them their money, but for some idiotic reason, they're enabling the scalpers to make money off them. And, why is TRU getting all the new stuff? I should be able to buy them through every supply channel. Why should they care, as long as the money keeps flowing in. I understand staggering the release of figures, in order to prolong the game, but limiting supply makes no sense.
Kiliek Red Sparx Gems: 29
#52 Posted: 02:55:47 23/03/2012
Scalper buys 10$ figure and Posts on Ebay for 15-20$

After Sales Tax, ebay/Amazon taking a cut of the Final sale, Gas Prices (to TRU/Post Office and Back) , Shipping Costs, Boxes needed to ship out...
They are making like 1-2$ a figure. Maybe like 10-15$ on Adventure packs.

Yes I know it all can add up, but the trouble they go through isn't even worth the money they get.

I went to TRU everyday for like a week straight looking for Darklight Crypt and didn't even find what I wanted. I eventually completed my hunting Addiction when I found Darklight Crypt AND Pirate Seas (and I wasn't even at the store looking for them, I just saw the display randomly).

Only reason I even got Pirate Seas was to sell it to cover the cost of Darklight Crypt - this game is a money sink and knowing that I basically got Darklight Crypt for free makes me feel better. Its the only Skylander thing I have ever sold - anyone in my situation who wouldn't have done the same would be an idiot.

In all fairness - Im sure MANY people here have been driving around looking all over for like one figure. Gas prices + the frustration of not being able to find them gets old FAST. Almost makes more sense if you can get them for less than twice their cost just to go ahead with it.

Only thing I really am against are those crazy ones doing Pre-sells and stuff on eBay , or the ones who buy the entire shelf...

Also - this falls on Activisions shoulders. They should have been selling them on their own website from the start - even if they get back-ordered. I think most of the Skylander craze is because people cannot get their hands on them.
---
[smilie smilie smilie smilie][smilie smilie smilie][smilie smilie][smilie smilie][smilie smilie][smilie smilie][smilie][smilie]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:59:22 23/03/2012 by Kiliek
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#53 Posted: 02:58:52 23/03/2012
Quote: Kiliek
Scalper buys 10$ figure and Posts on Ebay for 15-20$

After Sales Tax, ebay/Amazon taking a cut of the Final sale, Gas Prices (to TRU/Post Office and Back) , Shipping Costs, Boxes needed to ship out...
They are making like 1-2$ a figure. Maybe like 10-15$ on Adventure packs.

Yes I know it all can add up, but the trouble they go through isn't even worth the money they get.

I went to TRU everyday for like a week straight looking for Darklight Crypt and didn't even find what I wanted. I eventually completed my hunting Addiction when I found Darklight Crypt AND Pirate Seas (and I wasn't even at the store looking for them, I just saw the display randomly).

Only reason I even got Pirate Seas was to sell it to cover the cost of Darklight Crypt - this game is a money sink and knowing that I basically got Darklight Crypt for free makes me feel better. Its the only Skylander thing I have ever sold - anyone in my situation who wouldn't have done the same would be an idiot.

In all fairness - Im sure MANY people here have been driving around looking all over for like one figure. Gas prices + the frustration of not being able to find them gets old FAST. Almost makes more sense if you can get them for less than twice their cost just to go ahead with it.

Only thing I really am against are those crazy ones doing Pre-sells and stuff on eBay , or the ones who buy the entire shelf...

For the most part your example is reasonable. Most of the hatred is aimed at those that pull up a shopping cart and wipe out the stock in one go. Those people can go to Hell and do nothing but hurt the overall game.
Slammer Green Sparx Gems: 496
#54 Posted: 03:12:02 23/03/2012
This is a tough one, seriously. I know that many people are pissed about the scalpers, but is anyone gonna tell me that they wouldn't take an easy buck? I just watched a listing of 6 wave 4 characters sell on Ebay for $305. These characters cost the seller $60, at most. This was a $200 payday for the seller. I don't know how many people on this forum are rich, or have no clue when it comes to making ends meet. If I could buy those characters and make that kind of money on them, I would. I am a diehard Skylnadners fan and a true player, but come on.... I am pissed because by the time I was able to get to TRU on the 21st, all of the new characters were gone. At the same time, I can't blame them if they stand to make this much money. I think everyone should just cool it, and wait for these characters to be readily available. Activision's production will catch up eventually, and they won't sell for as much online. It is so up and down! I remember when no one wanted Voodood or Prism Break, but now they are selling for $40+. It is a conundrum for sure. Sucks for the gamer, but great for the guy trying to make a buck. I get it, both ways.
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#55 Posted: 03:16:25 23/03/2012
I'm still new here and scalpers do suck, but I find it kind of ridiculous the paranoia around here while reading some of these topics. If people didn't post about figures they've found online at other places, I probably would've never ever found them. Gotta lighten up, not everyone is a scalper.

For fun, I think they should make a new character in the next game called Scalper that is really actually just a ghost of you running through the level while collecting as many coins/items as you can. ...or maybe he can just beat you to Legendary Treasures (when you have the appropriate type Skylander at the beginning of a level you've already played through) and then if you lose, he offers to sell them to you after, lol. smilie
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:29:34 23/03/2012 by sykotek
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#56 Posted: 04:01:18 23/03/2012
Bahahahahaha i LOVE sykotek's idea
machmandp Blue Sparx Gems: 530
#57 Posted: 10:29:55 23/03/2012
While i dont agree what Scalpers do i can understand it, its a quick way to make money and people like that usually who spot a way to make money are called Entrepreneurs.

I think too much time is spent blaming Scalpers when the real problem is Activision

They have been slow in releasing the new models , Take Cynder they didnt get it out there quickly and in large numbers but they could find the production time to make a special run of the metallic purple one, same with Hex

These are supposed to be promotional items to promote a new or underselling game when they didnt need to do it as the supply could not meet the demand as it was.

Here in the UK we have Very few Cynder's and the only DT's i have seen are in Triple packs with two i have already got 2 of each (2 Kids).

so Activision are creating the Scalpers paradise so if anything Blame them
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#58 Posted: 11:51:11 23/03/2012
Quote: sykotek
I'm still new here and scalpers do suck, but I find it kind of ridiculous the paranoia around here while reading some of these topics. If people didn't post about figures they've found online at other places, I probably would've never ever found them. Gotta lighten up, not everyone is a scalper.

For fun, I think they should make a new character in the next game called Scalper that is really actually just a ghost of you running through the level while collecting as many coins/items as you can. ...or maybe he can just beat you to Legendary Treasures (when you have the appropriate type Skylander at the beginning of a level you've already played through) and then if you lose, he offers to sell them to you after, lol. smilie

I couldn't agree more. The paranoia is ridiculous, and has essentially turned me off from collecting these toys. I most likely won't even bother finishing my collection, and I've already decided against the 2nd game, because the community isn't what I expected. The scalpers don't even bother me very much, because even though they make it hard for collectors, it's the people that jump to the conclusion that everyone is a scalper/horrible person/thief/etc that ruined it for me.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Wogasm Red Sparx Gems: 99
#59 Posted: 12:23:33 23/03/2012
This thread is off the chain lol.

To wem:
It takes a lot of guts to try to take on this issue head-on. A lot of people here take Skylanders very seriously and obviously are going to be upset by your post. I can see where you're coming from though, and I've been tempted to do the same thing. The want to compensate and offset costs especially when you already have children to take care of isn't something absolutely ridiculous. It's not like you're taking the toys right out of children's hands.

As for this overarching theme of greed, I would call it overreacting. It seems the most genuinely vindictive posters in this thread have more than likely bought from a scalper over eBay. Funding the scalping scene for Skylanders is worse than attempting a scalp.

The final thought I'd like to mention is that we all love Skylanders, they're a lot of fun to collect, and we will all have the chance to get every single one of them as time goes on. Don't let your hatred manifest itself over collecting toys.
---
All but the final three.
wem Red Sparx Gems: 72
#60 Posted: 12:28:49 23/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tigorus
To the OP, you really think this game is more expensive than Rock Band?...Are you kidding me? And yeah scalpers suck. I'm talking about the "wipe out an entire section and sell it on ebay" and not the "I found an extra Cynder and want to sell it for hobby money so my wife can get off my back" kind of deal.

Yes, I do think this game is quite expensive. But I think you missed the part about collectibility as well, which I don't think Rock Band has quite the same element to it, and that also drives the prices of items up, plus the rarer versions of characters that are needed to complete a collection are very costly. This is easily a $1,000-2,000 collection. Even if you don't want all the additional stuff, but did want all the characters and adventure packs, it's over $400 just for that alone.

I personally won't wipe out an entire store, but I will buy enough copies (usually 2-3 of each figure/triple pack) to at least be able to flip enough to cover the cost of our collection, but I have no problem with the people that do buy the store out either because I understand the reasoning behind it. I guess that contradicts my earlier post about being a FOOL to leave any on the shelves, but I may have been a bit extreme in using that as example. I don't do it for hobby money get my wife off my bad though! LOL - I laugh because I hear that so often with other collectibles I enjoy smilie People need more supportive wifes I guess!!!
#61 Posted: 12:35:31 23/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wogasm
This thread is off the chain lol.

To wem:
It takes a lot of guts to try to take on this issue head-on. A lot of people here take Skylanders very seriously and obviously are going to be upset by your post. I can see where you're coming from though, and I've been tempted to do the same thing. The want to compensate and offset costs especially when you already have children to take care of isn't something absolutely ridiculous. It's not like you're taking the toys right out of children's hands.

As for this overarching theme of greed, I would call it overreacting. It seems the most genuinely vindictive posters in this thread have more than likely bought from a scalper over eBay. Funding the scalping scene for Skylanders is worse than attempting a scalp.

The final thought I'd like to mention is that we all love Skylanders, they're a lot of fun to collect, and we will all have the chance to get every single one of them as time goes on. Don't let your hatred manifest itself over collecting toys.

Thank you for a level headed post! I didn't mean to take anything head-on, but just wanted to vent about how annoying it is that every thread on here about finding figures or upcoming sales seems to end up derailing to scalpers and the hate for them. People need to understand the concept different strokes for different folks and not be so narrow-minded. Really, you aren't going to hell because you bought multiple copies of L-TH this week at TRU!

The whole "fad" of them, and yes, this is a fad, will eventually catch up and yes, I believe enough will eventually be made to meet demand. There will come a day when all of us walk into TRU and see the shelves full of sklyanders. The problem is that most people can't wait for these to release - there is your demand - and Activision can - there is problem with supply. I think it's all pretty common sense stuff here, but maybe fanatics can't see that.
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#62 Posted: 12:43:21 23/03/2012
yes it sucks if you get to a store and can't find a figure but it's all about supply and demand.

living in the uk with no knowledge of if or when something will be released i'm glad when someone in the usa has grabbed an extra couple of figures to sell on ebay. yes it cost me a bit extra but i had legendary trigger happy, cynder and double trouble a week after they were released in the usa. i didn't have to wait and hope i could get them when they were released over here, it actually took away all of the aggravation.

if someone didn't want to generate some extra income there is no way i would have been able to get my son's metallic toy fair cynder.

like i said above ... it's called supply and demand.
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#63 Posted: 15:50:40 23/03/2012
The best way to "beat" scalpers may be to join them. Allow me to explain.

In an imaginary world where no one bought any figures they did not personally need, there would still not be enough figures to go around. Someone looking for Whirlwind in one area may not be able to buy it, despite there being a stack of them at the other end of the country. In this theoretical world, a single "scalper" would benefit immensely. He would be satisfying a huge demand and be able to command premium prices.

Add more "scalpers" to the scene and their ability to get a premium price is greatly lowered. Theoretically, if everyone bought up all extra Skylanders and sold them on Ebay, the price could actually drop to MSRP, possibly lower than MSRP if sellers were unable to return their unsold product to the retail store.

Essentially, having the most number of figures on ebay possible will dilute the market to the point where scalping is no longer viable. This is impossible in practice, since the moment the price drops too low, scalpers will stop selling, which in turn will again drive the price up (and then scalpers return to the scene dropping the price, ad infinitum).
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#64 Posted: 15:57:12 23/03/2012
Quote: machmandp
While i dont agree what Scalpers do i can understand it, its a quick way to make money and people like that usually who spot a way to make money are called Entrepreneurs.

I think too much time is spent blaming Scalpers when the real problem is Activision

They have been slow in releasing the new models , Take Cynder they didnt get it out there quickly and in large numbers but they could find the production time to make a special run of the metallic purple one, same with Hex

These are supposed to be promotional items to promote a new or underselling game when they didnt need to do it as the supply could not meet the demand as it was.

Here in the UK we have Very few Cynder's and the only DT's i have seen are in Triple packs with two i have already got 2 of each (2 Kids).

so Activision are creating the Scalpers paradise so if anything Blame them

If Activision would ship more, which floods the stores, the issue would lessen.

I will commend Activision on this wave. All of my TRU's got the new figures for their event. Each had around 50+ Dragon's Peaks. ALL of my local Gamestops got in wave 4 around the same time, so did Walmart. Best Buy still hasn't, but still. This wave seems to be much better than wave 3. I was able to call three Gamestops yesterday, and find everything I needed for my kids, myself, my friends, and even Gaiaknight on this forum.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#65 Posted: 16:11:58 23/03/2012
It must be nice to live in an area that keeps up to date. Like I just said in the TRU thread my store finally got them in today but only had 4 boxes which had 1 each of Zook & L-Rod. All 4 Walmart's near me don't have them, the 5 Gamestop's don't have them, the 2 Target's don't have them and Best Buy doesn't have them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:12:20 23/03/2012 by ToxicFate
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#66 Posted: 16:21:08 23/03/2012
Quote:
It must be nice to live in an area that keeps up to date. Like I just said in the TRU thread my store finally got them in today but only had 4 boxes which had 1 each of Zook & L-Rod. All 4 Walmart's near me don't have them, the 5 Gamestop's don't have them, the 2 Target's don't have them and Best Buy doesn't have them.

I have to agree with this. I live in the metro Atlanta area and it seems to be the same way here. Stores where Skylanders usually sell don't have them are in extremely limited quantity. My TRU had plenty Hex, Chop Chop, Drill Sargeant, and a couple others, but no new figures
Morgan Elf Green Sparx Gems: 136
#67 Posted: 20:01:11 23/03/2012
Done with this game and all the BS that goes with it. This final wave of nonsense with Toys R Us did us in. We've sold extras on eBay, so I guess in the forums eyes We B Scaplers! - anyways if anyone wants a nice mint gently used collection - we just listed ours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150784...984.m1555.l2649

Good luck to all of you finding the final figures and such.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#68 Posted: 20:17:34 23/03/2012
Quote: Wogasm
It seems the most genuinely vindictive posters in this thread have more than likely bought from a scalper over eBay.

Nope..

Quote: wem
there is problem with supply. I think it's all pretty common sense stuff here, but maybe fanatics can't see that.

Never would've guessed...
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:24:09 23/03/2012 by LevanJess
#69 Posted: 03:10:11 24/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Send me your PayPal addy so I can get that to ya.
Skylanderportal Green Sparx Gems: 461
#70 Posted: 03:52:07 24/03/2012
I was just kidding, im not a scalper...
---
All SSA but smilie
SG: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sidekicks: none
Quan89 Ripto Gems: 16
#71 Posted: 23:30:58 27/03/2012
Yo wem u need some wave 4, reserve dem at tru. And if I wuz u get close to a tru worker and they can help u get the new wave and be the first too wen it comes out.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#72 Posted: 23:59:12 27/03/2012
BEGONE WILD SCALPER!
*Throws Liama at Wem*

(anywayssmilie
.....Hah, nice excuse for scalping.
AHAHA-quit it..>.>
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
judasghost Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#73 Posted: 00:34:29 28/03/2012
the only reason people are buying these things at 2x & 3x the retail price is because D-bag scalpers clear out store shelves.

it doesn't stop at skylanders, though. it's everything in the material world. do a search on eBay for anything. there are morons selling items that are brand new to stores for 2x & 3x the price.

scalpers hope to target those who have no other means to get the item whether it be store unavailability, country unavailability, and everything in-between.

it's an electronic black market, and it's unfortunately here to stay.

best thing to do is be patient and wait it out. it's cheaper and more fun that way, plus you're sticking it to the scalper who's items have to be relisted, which comes out of their own pockets.
---
37/37 (as of 8/15/12) ... 3/4 sidekicks (as of 8/17/12) ... 4th sidekick came in 8/22/12
5/8 giants .. 5/8 new guys .. 2/8 light core .. 1/? battle packs
#74 Posted: 00:43:36 28/03/2012
Yo everyone lay off. I work at tru and most employees help out the scalpels just to let u know. Cause they cut them n on the profit
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#75 Posted: 01:22:54 28/03/2012
If I catch a TRU employee taking a bribe from a scalper I can guarantee you that I will be reporting them to corporate and most likely they will be losing their jobs over it. I have 2 friends that work for TRU and they've both seen (at different stores) employees getting fired for this exact reason. If any of you see this it needs to be reported asap. Giving a friend a heads up when stock arrives is one thing acccepting bribery as another entirely!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
#76 Posted: 01:43:54 28/03/2012
That's cool, Quan. How much have you taken from a scalper, to help them out? Just curious how much they are willing to pay employees?
---
#77 Posted: 02:16:02 28/03/2012
Man days mess up I seen peeps do it, I haven't dude. I'm a u.s.m.c. I'm beta den dat. I do help my friends out when stuff comes in and reserve stuff for them which I'm allowed to do. Boss okays that. But I don't help them. My tru doesn't have a limit though so if they come in the store I have no choice but to sell them to them but I don't help them out.
#78 Posted: 02:25:25 28/03/2012
Ah. Figured you maybe knew a scalper who has paid you for helping him get dibs on some of the more popular characters. Crazy that employees get money from them.
---
Hexerella Red Sparx Gems: 73
#79 Posted: 02:40:17 28/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Scalpers will always come up with an excuse, so to not feel the need to feel guilty. Greed is greed.

GM, That's rich coming from someone who epitomizes greed. How many shelves have you cleared (rhetorical)!?!
And the whole "holier than thou" attitude is hilarious...you'd think you were parachuting Skylanders into Africa for all the starving children! LMFAO
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:41:25 28/03/2012 by Hexerella
#80 Posted: 03:01:54 28/03/2012
Again I don't help scalpers. I only give my friends heads up when we get knew stock and they aren't scalpers. They get 1 thing of each that they need. Like dis past weekend my bestfriend got a sp and a Cynder. So back off of me plz.
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#81 Posted: 05:19:51 28/03/2012
Just to be clear as crystal. In my mind the heads up is ok, reserving some for them for when they come in is ok, but accepting a bribe to keep them for scalpers (guess I know how the ebay scalpers are getting their full cases of product to scalp)...not ok. More power to ya for giving friends a heads up Quan...I would too, and I apreciate it when I get a call from the folks I know that work in TRU, but bribery ....for Skylanders...!!! Wow! I don't know whether to be appalled or just plain sad!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
#82 Posted: 14:02:45 28/03/2012
I feel ya, I don't help scalpers thou. I see plenty tru workers do it thou. At all different stores. An not wit just skylanders all the hot toys and it's wrong I reported it a couple times, but sometimes I think the store mangers does it too cuz he never fires any of these employees. I do my best 2 help customers, I do reserves for customers that come in a lot, so dey don't get taken advantage of. Not scalpers those most are little kids or parents. And dey just get one of wat dey need. So dats no scalpers.
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#83 Posted: 14:22:32 28/03/2012
Quote: Quan89
I feel ya, I don't help scalpers thou. I see plenty tru workers do it thou. At all different stores. An not wit just skylanders all the hot toys and it's wrong I reported it a couple times, but sometimes I think the store mangers does it too cuz he never fires any of these employees. I do my best 2 help customers, I do reserves for customers that come in a lot, so dey don't get taken advantage of. Not scalpers those most are little kids or parents. And dey just get one of wat dey need. So dats no scalpers.

Call corporate? They might care... (And who knows... if they fire the manager then that means a promotion could be available...)
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
#84 Posted: 14:24:26 28/03/2012
I thought of that but I'm a new worker at dis tru. And most already don't like me dey call me dat stuck up marine. Call me a goody goody. I have integrity.
#85 Posted: 14:27:50 28/03/2012
Quote: Deandria
Call corporate? They might care... (And who knows... if they fire the manager then that means a promotion could be available...)

That isn't how things work in companies run by sane individuals. ...congrats on the promotion!
---
#86 Posted: 15:04:41 28/03/2012
Quote: Deandria

That isn't how things work in companies run by sane individuals. ...congrats on the promotion!

I don't know how these things work at TRU... but for all I knew when I posted that he could have been deputy/assistant manager with 10 years of experiance... he could be the best guy for the job... and until he posted that he was new how could I have known that was not the case?

Looks like that would be really unlikely but at the time of my post how could I have known that?

Like I said, I don't know TRU but in chains I know when the manager has to leave suddenly, unless they have another manager being freed up from another store (perhaps one closed?) then often an experianced assistant manager would be the ideal candidate... especially one in the local store who knows the way that one is run and knows the staff etc.

I wasn't suggesting i thought that if they fired everyone else they'd make the guy who sweeps the floor the manager... but you snapped at me like I'm somehow supposed to have known that guy is new.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:09:21 28/03/2012 by Deandria
#87 Posted: 15:13:14 28/03/2012
@Deandria: Relax, I wasn't snapping at you, I was making a joke...hence the "congrats on the promotion!" comment...basically I was saying TRU isn't run by sane individuals, lol.
---
fambis Red Sparx Gems: 16
#88 Posted: 15:19:02 28/03/2012
lol, I fought scalpers by waiting outside store doors when they opened and knew release dates and truck load drops. So if walmart had a truck delivery every wednesday, I would be there because they stocked the shelves with new every time @ 9am. Toysrus had my number and called when they got in new shipments. So because the nuisance work I put on stores, I beat scalpers to the chase and have every skylander besides the wave 5 release, lol
#89 Posted: 15:27:37 28/03/2012
Quote: Hexerella
Quote: GameMaster78
Scalpers will always come up with an excuse, so to not feel the need to feel guilty. Greed is greed.

GM, That's rich coming from someone who epitomizes greed. How many shelves have you cleared (rhetorical)!?!
And the whole "holier than thou" attitude is hilarious...you'd think you were parachuting Skylanders into Africa for all the starving children! LMFAO

You got jokes.

Hmm, lets see. I bought from two local Walmarts. Both received 8 boxes of 6. I buy 2 sets at one, 1 at another. That means one store has 6 sets left, while the other has 7. That's only at 2 Walmarts. ALL Walmarts in my city got these in. Assumptions are the mother of all **** ups.

In all honesty, I think you're some scalper who'sventing because I've found these and helped people, which means 3 sets less for a scalper to nab. Oh, and I sent a couple to the kids in Africa... if that helps. I think you need a hug. smilie
---
#90 Posted: 15:29:00 28/03/2012
@Deandria: Relax, I wasn't snapping at you, I was making a joke...hence the "congrats on the promotion!" comment...basically I was saying TRU isn't run by sane individuals, lol.

Oh ok... it's so hard to interpret tone on the internet... not to mention the fact that I'm pretty tired and misreading things today (I have a teething baby who has suddenly, despite having slept through for a while, started waking up in the night >.<)
---
#91 Posted: 17:20:21 28/03/2012
Let me clear something up I'm not new to tru just new 2 the store. I'm the the military so I travel quite abit. I'm a marine reservest. And I'm a great worker so every time I get a new station I go to a store somewhere in the area. I'm day shift asstaint manager. Which makes a lot of the other workers not like me. To them I came in and they jus gave me a batter job. Which in fact I been working with tru on and off for 5 yrs. when I have been in the u.s.
#92 Posted: 17:32:33 28/03/2012
Quote: Quan89
Let me clear something up I'm not new to tru just new 2 the store. I'm the the military so I travel quite abit. I'm a marine reservest. And I'm a great worker so every time I get a new station I go to a store somewhere in the area. I'm day shift asstaint manager. Which makes a lot of the other workers not like me. To them I came in and they jus gave me a batter job. Which in fact I been working with tru on and off for 5 yrs. when I have been in the u.s.

Oh, ok. I didn't mean to say you weren't experianced, I was just responding to the guy who I thought was snapping at me (but wasn't). Heck I was the one that assumed you might be high enough up in TRU to be considered for a managment post smilie

Any comment I made was not designed to reflect badly on you, sorry if you interpreted it that way.

I'm afraid I find your posts a little hard to understand because I'm not American... I don't know if I misread what you posted...
---
#93 Posted: 17:42:10 28/03/2012
No ur good, I was just clearing it up for everyone. Most peeps take my post wrong to. I tend to be too blunt. It's the fight in me. So I try 2 keep it down a Kotch.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me