Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Complaints about scalpers [CLOSED]
wem Red Sparx Gems: 72
#1 Posted: 22:21:34 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Haven't been here long but the scalper complaint is sooooo annoying! Here's the bottom line to me... This is clearly the most expensive video game ever made for people to play and complete 100% because of the need for all the different characters, adventure packs and accessories to complete the game. That ant there is clearly a collectibility element to this product (as evidenced by the silver, gold, metallic, white pearl variants). Completest like myself are going to at least want to obtain one copy of everything.

Given all this and knowing there is a market for this stuff, I would consider myself a FOOL to walk into a store with multi-copies of the better selling characters and NOT buy them. It drastically helps to offset the cost of the collection and game to be able to sell off some of them at twice to three times the actual cost. And since people are willing to pay, that wil sustain a secondary market for this stuff.

Sorry if this offensive to some, but I just wanted to share my view on this issue and why I buy the extra copies of characters.
Alcatalog Blue Sparx Gems: 753
#2 Posted: 22:30:58 22/03/2012
It's more annoying to walk into a store for one copy of a better selling figure and walking out empty handed thanks to opportunistic and some what predatory friends like you; so thanks buddy!
---
Got 38
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#3 Posted: 22:32:46 22/03/2012
Are you actually trying to defend making a profit on other peoples misery?
Not cool man...not cool
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#4 Posted: 22:34:28 22/03/2012
^ Yep, I agree.
Give others to have a chance to get them- they obviously don't want to buy the eBay prices, but since they NEVER FIND THEM in stores because of people like this who snatch them all to sell online for 4x the price, they want to get them SOMETIME, don't they?
And giving a crap about people besides yourself isn't foolish. It's nice. It's decent. It's something we clearly don't see every day.

In b4 famous "THEY NEED 2 B PATIENT" response

EDIT: Gaah Ninja'd... I meant to point that at post #2.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:37:11 22/03/2012 by LevanJess
Kuribohfett Red Sparx Gems: 27
#5 Posted: 22:35:55 22/03/2012
Offset the cost? If you don't have the money you shouldn't buy them in the first place. I'm sure all the money the rest of us have wasted in gas because you buy all the zooks REALLY offsets your cost. And it's not foolish to not take everything. It's fair. As both a hardcore Transformers collector, and even going back to my childhood with other Transformers and Power Rangers, I know how much it can suck to never find the figures you want. Thinking of other people isn't foolish. It's decent, if you ask me. Heck, even GM (I think that's him) GIVES them to people or keeps them. Like you said, It's a collector element. Not a business element. It's not your job to sell them, that's what the stores are for.

Sorry, but there is no excuse for profiting from scalping. You're just screwing over your fellow Skylander fans because you want to make a buck off of them, so your collection is "Free."
OMNlPOTENT Green Sparx Gems: 167
#6 Posted: 22:35:56 22/03/2012
If you buy them and sell them for the same price you bought them + shipping, that is understandable. If you're making a profit off of it, you're taking away the opportunity of other people having at even one of what they wanted, because you had to have multiple copies to sell, therefore limiting the supply of what they can buy. That's why no one likes scalpers.
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#7 Posted: 22:40:39 22/03/2012
Why would anybody buy them and sell them for the same price? That's ridiculous.
#8 Posted: 22:42:44 22/03/2012
Quote: Zook

So if they already have the Skylander that someone else doesn't have somewhere else that it hasn't been released, they can help them? I personally wouldn't do it, but there isn't any use of making a profit out of it either..
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:56 22/03/2012 by OMNlPOTENT
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#9 Posted: 22:47:51 22/03/2012
Quote: wem
Haven't been here long but the scalper complaint is sooooo annoying! Here's the bottom line to me... This is clearly the most expensive video game ever made for people to play and complete 100% because of the need for all the different characters, adventure packs and accessories to complete the game. That ant there is clearly a collectibility element to this product (as evidenced by the silver, gold, metallic, white pearl variants). Completest like myself are going to at least want to obtain one copy of everything.

Given all this and knowing there is a market for this stuff, I would consider myself a FOOL to walk into a store with multi-copies of the better selling characters and NOT buy them. It drastically helps to offset the cost of the collection and game to be able to sell off some of them at twice to three times the actual cost. And since people are willing to pay, that wil sustain a secondary market for this stuff.

Sorry if this offensive to some, but I just wanted to share my view on this issue and why I buy the extra copies of characters.

Whatever, scalper.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Aaryana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#10 Posted: 22:49:01 22/03/2012

I have a friend on the west coast. If she finds a hard to find item first, she buys two and sells one to me at cost. If I find it first, I do the same. It works out well, having someone in a different area looking for things.
---
New to the Skylands!
#11 Posted: 22:50:51 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I understand people's gripe to be that guy who doesn't get a figure, seriously, I do. And I know there are two sides to every story. I'm just saying this is why I buy multi copies when I can. My goal is to sell enough to cover the cost of the items I keep. Beyond that, I don't care (so no, I don't buy EVERY copy I see in stores to resell).

As for the wave 4 characters, well I haven't been able to find those either. But because my theory is "When given lemons, make lemonade," I chose to play the game and understand that the world isn't fair at all... It's a saying for a reason folks! Thus, I wil shell out sixty for DP in two weeks if I can't land it Sunday in the store and it won't really bother me at all since I know I've sold several figures for twice what I paid for them.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#12 Posted: 22:52:26 22/03/2012
Scalpers will always come up with an excuse, so to not feel the need to feel guilty. Greed is greed. We all die someday, Wem. Some will die knowing they helped others. Some will die knowing they were always filled with money-hungry greed.

Some don't believe in God. I do, so I don't care what anyone else thinks on the matter. When I die, God knows I helped others. When greedy people die, they have a nice spot waiting for them in... well, you know where.

I'm sure God wants people to think about others. There is nothing wrong with thinking about oneself. However, when one robs ALL chances for others to benefit in the same manner they did (ie scalpers buying up the most popular item), there is more to it. That is someone thinking of the "secondhand market." That is someone valuing money over all other things, including another's feelings.

I have 4 Zook, 4 Lightning Rods, and 3 Ignitors in my house, sitting on my desk as we speak. I could have wasted my gas to grab these, and get 60 bucks a pop off of them. What did I do, though, while also leaving other stores alone for others to have a chance at getting them, I wasted my gas to help others.

I'm dying with a clean conscience. Defend scalping all you want. Make up whatever excuse you want. Greed is greed, and you know it. We all know what happens with the rich AND GREEDY when they're maggot snacks. Not to say all rich people go down, because there are rich people who believe in helping the less fortunate.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:53:48 22/03/2012 by GameMaster78
#13 Posted: 22:54:31 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aaryana

I have a friend on the west coast. If she finds a hard to find item first, she buys two and sells one to me at cost. If I find it first, I do the same. It works out well, having someone in a different area looking for things.

Smart idea! I have traded with a few people too. That is another reason why having multi copies comes in handy. I actually need some of the earlier characters like prism break and voodood. Can't find them, but someone might have extra copies that I could trade with, or just use the profit off them to buy on the secondary market.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#14 Posted: 22:55:15 22/03/2012
Well..I think a majority of it is just a scapegoat when someone can't get something. Yes, there are people out there who buy the entire stock of things only to sell them on ebay for triple the price. THAT'S Definitely bad and pretty despicable. But while it could be happening in some places, it might not be happening in other places. You may go into a store and see they don't have anything and say "Oh, I bet it was the scalpers"...but 2 minutes before, a little kid could have bought them. You don't know what happened, and it's turned us into creating these false demons.

Getting a little cash from them really doesn't seem like someone is doing an unspeakable crime. I mean, I have a few I'm selling for $15. (2 of which my dad bought today thinking I didn't have them) I don't see that as scalping at all (especially because I'm not flipping them for some ridiculous amount), and I'm using the money to fund future Skylander purchases. Not only that, but I KNOW they're going into the hands of someone that will play with them. In fact, one lady even sent me a video of her young son giving an extra Double Trouble that I picked up to his even younger brother. It was absolutely adorable.

Tensions are high because people want things and they're not there. That's understandable. But I think as soon as someone says they're making a profit on something, everyone calls slander. Meh. I think we should all just cool our jets man.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
gamecocksc17 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#15 Posted: 22:55:43 22/03/2012
I understand people's gripe to be that guy who doesn't get a figure, seriously, I do. And I know there are two sides to every story. I'm just saying this is why I buy multi copies when I can. My goal is to sell enough to cover the cost of the items I keep. Beyond that, I don't care (so no, I don't buy EVERY copy I see in stores to resell).

As for the wave 4 characters, well I haven't been able to find those either. But because my theory is "When given lemons, make lemonade," I chose to play the game and understand that the world isn't fair at all... It's a saying for a reason folks! Thus, I wil shell out sixty for DP in two weeks if I can't land it Sunday in the store and it won't really bother me at all since I know I've sold several figures for twice what I paid for them.

oh you didn't get wave 4?
because i was thinking you were that fat ol beady eyed perv i saw yesterday in memphis snatching up a crapload of skylanders in front of parents and actual fans of the game.
nevermind....this next part doesn't concern you
surely he has to be reading this. i am trying to lure that fat ol sweaty perv out of hiding....come on out and lets talk creep.
---
Turrible, just turrible - Sir Charles Barkley
#16 Posted: 22:57:29 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: GameMaster78
Scalpers will always come up with an excuse, so to not feel the need to feel guilty. Greed is greed. We all die someday, Wem. Some will die knowing they helped others. Some will die knowing they were always filled with money-hungry greed.

Some don't believe in God. I do, so I don't care what anyone else thinks on the matter. When I die, God knows I helped others. When greedy people die, they have a nice spot waiting for them in... well, you know where.

I'm sure God wants people to think about others. There is nothing wrong with thinking about oneself. However, when one robs ALL chances for others to benefit in the same manner they did (ie scalpers buying up the most popular item), there is more to it. That is someone thinking of the "secondhand market." That is someone valuing money over all other things, including another's feelings.

I have 4 Zook, 4 Lightning Rods, and 3 Ignitors in my house, sitting on my desk as we speak. I could have wasted my gas to grab these, and get 60 bucks a pop off of them. What did I do, though, while also leaving other stores alone for others to have a chance at getting them, I wasted my gas to help others.

I'm dying with a clean conscience. Defend scalping all you want. Make up whatever excuse you want. Greed is greed, and you know it. We all know what happens with the rich AND GREEDY when they're maggot snacks. Not to say all rich people go down, because there are rich people who believe in helping the less fortunate.

I've said my piece about it... This post you make though is pretty extreme. I mean if you really think people go to heaven or hell based on how many SKYLANDERS they leave on the shelf at the store... well, nuff said I guess! LOL
#17 Posted: 23:00:44 22/03/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Well..I think a majority of it is just a scapegoat when someone can't get something. Yes, there are people out there who buy the entire stock of things only to sell them on ebay for triple the price. THAT'S Definitely bad and pretty despicable. But while it could be happening in some places, it might not be happening in other places. You may go into a store and see they don't have anything and say "Oh, I bet it was the scalpers"...but 2 minutes before, a little kid could have bought them. You don't know what happened, and it's turned us into creating these false demons.

Getting a little cash from them really doesn't seem like someone is doing an unspeakable crime. I mean, I have a few I'm selling for $15. (2 of which my dad bought today thinking I didn't have them) I don't see that as scalping at all (especially because I'm not flipping them for some ridiculous amount), and I'm using the money to fund future Skylander purchases. Not only that, but I KNOW they're going into the hands of someone that will play with them. In fact, one lady even sent me a video of her young son giving an extra Double Trouble that I picked up to his even younger brother. It was absolutely adorable.

Tensions are high because people want things and they're not there. That's understandable. But I think as soon as someone says they're making a profit on something, everyone calls slander. Meh. I think we should all just cool our jets man.

Well, yours wasn't intentional. The scalpers do exist in high numbers though, and it's more likely they cleared out the stalk than a little kid. I saw about 10 yesterday that were mad because TRU would only let them buy 3 Skylanders. I think the bad outweighs the good for them. What you did isn't considered scalping though, because you're not making a huge profit while prohibiting people from getting them.
#18 Posted: 23:03:38 22/03/2012
You only got Skylanders out of that? Odd. I guess you failed to read the parts where I mention people with greedy intent, and money on the mind, are the ones that go down for it.

All of the chances I've had to sell the most popular character, to pay for a collection that easily exceeds 2 grand, is no excuse. I knew what I was getting into to begin with. If I thought I was gonna rob people of chances, in order to fund my own collection, I wouldn't have bought into this game, because it's still greed. The greed in that case, is basically getting your collection for free, while robbing people of their chances.

The greed card is still in play. It's greed, no matter how you slice it.

I will never buy multiples of any new character, to pay for what I had already bought. I buy multiples to enjoy the game, as well as offer more info on Skylanders than any other site can through unbiased statistics. One who does buy multiples to pay for their collection, means they get a free collection, but at the cost of others' strife.

If you're fine with that... well, nuff said I guess! LOL!
---
#19 Posted: 23:04:13 22/03/2012
some people need to proofread their entire posts about 5 or 6 times and really think about what they are saying....
---
#20 Posted: 23:06:58 22/03/2012
I think they should invent a live action game in which scalpers are shot out of cannons... hehe
CynderFan1309 Gold Sparx Gems: 2235
#21 Posted: 23:07:42 22/03/2012
Quote: gamecocksc17
some people need to proofread their entire posts about 5 or 6 times and really think about what they are saying....

Like who?
Almost every post I see here seems preeeetty solid.
Except religious crap but that's just my opinion.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:12:12 22/03/2012 by CynderFan1309
#22 Posted: 23:09:33 22/03/2012
Scalping-
1. To engage in the reselling of something, such as tickets, at a price higher than the established value.
2. To buy and sell securities or commodities for small quick profits.

Of course not every time there's no Skylanders in stores it's scalpers. It could just be regular people getting them before you did.
---
but i love it all smooth
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#23 Posted: 23:18:16 22/03/2012
Scalping is not illegal, so you are free to do it as much a you want, but know that on a forum like this you will make no friends. I don't hate scalpers, but I don't personally support their hobbies by buying anything from them unless they start offering them up for below market price after demand has died and they are stuck with a whole bunch of toys they can't move. What I really don't like is people who whine about scalpers, but can't muster up enough patience to wait for it to be stocked on/offline. If you hate scalpers, then don't turn around an buy from them while the toy is still in production, because while your mouth says "Scalping is wrong" your actions say "Go ahead and scalp, because I'm totally willing to pay a ridiculous price for it" I don't see Skylanders going out of production anytime soon, so there is no reason to go through scalpers unless you are in a country where you really can't get them from anyone else. I've managed to get all of mine by just being patient for local shops and online stores to get them. I missed them a few times, and it sucked, but there is no way I'm supporting scalpers with my money.

OP, if you are a real toy collector, then there very well could be times where you can't get something you want. Maybe it's out of production, and the only way to find it is through other collectors. Just know that a lot of collectors refuse to trade with people who have engaged in scalping, even if you offer up insane amounts money or rare items for the item you want. In the long run you loose out, end up black listed by other collectors, and harm the collecting community.

http://www.rebelscum.com/collect.asp
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#24 Posted: 23:18:56 22/03/2012
Quote: CynderFan1309
Quote: gamecocksc17

Like who?
Almost every post I see here seems preeeetty solid.
Except religious crap but that's just my opinion.

I don't think God cares if you drove around town to find skylanders for someone.
---
#25 Posted: 23:20:21 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
You only got Skylanders out of that? Odd. I guess you failed to read the parts where I mention people with greedy intent, and money on the mind, are the ones that go down for it.

All of the chances I've had to sell the most popular character, to pay for a collection that easily exceeds 2 grand, is no excuse. I knew what I was getting into to begin with. If I thought I was gonna rob people of chances, in order to fund my own collection, I wouldn't have bought into this game, because it's still greed. The greed in that case, is basically getting your collection for free, while robbing people of their chances.

I will never buy multiples of any new character, to pay for what I had already bought. I buy multiples to enjoy the game, as well as offer more info on Skylanders than any other site can through unbiased statistics. One who does buy multiples to pay for their collection, means they get a free collection, but at the cost of others' strife.

I'm actually quite alright with it! I recognize your opinion on the situation and see your point, but I don't agree with it or have a problem with my view... Of course, I don't have a problem with your view either! Different opinions and views are part of what make the world an interesting place.
#26 Posted: 23:22:28 22/03/2012

I'm actually quite alright with it! I recognize your opinion on the situation and see your point, but I don't agree with it or have a problem with my view... Of course, I don't have a problem with your view either! Different opinions and views are part of what make the world an interesting place.

You're not getting the point. You can agree with his view all you want, but a lot of us don't agree with your view.
#27 Posted: 23:25:16 22/03/2012
Wheres that blasted cannon... I know we put it here somewhere...
wesxpresswmb Red Sparx Gems: 32
#28 Posted: 23:26:17 22/03/2012
Scalping is fun. Its a rush to watch an ebay item u r selling go from $35 to $70 in the final 20 secs. I have not paid for one of my skylanders thanks to ebay buyers offsetting the cost of my collection. Plus I like to make sure people in montana can get to skylands too.
---
HAVE :smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#29 Posted: 23:26:23 22/03/2012
i think that zook fellas got it
---
#30 Posted: 23:28:17 22/03/2012
Ah, you mean the religious stuff.
Yeah, okay, there I agree.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:31:19 22/03/2012 by CynderFan1309
#31 Posted: 23:29:34 22/03/2012
This reminds me of a shady friend I have.

My friend once found a ladies wallet. He took all of the money out of it, before taking it back to her house. It was around 40 bucks. He made up a reason as to why he took that 40, which he feels he deserved.

He said, "I took the money, because I was taking time out of my day, to take her back her wallet, which covers my time and gas."

It was wrong of him, and it's a reason why when I move, I will no longer be friends with him (there's a reason behind waiting until I move).

So any who fund their Skylander collection, by taking from others, feels just like that.

When my collection is complete, I will gladly say that none of it came at the expense of robbing others of their chance. My hard earned money is on my wall. It didn't come for free, by buying up the most popular character.
---
#32 Posted: 23:30:56 22/03/2012

My friend once found a ladies wallet. He took all of the money out of it, before taking it back to her house. It was around 40 bucks. He made up a reason as to why he took that 40, which he feels he deserved.

He said, "I took the money, because I was taking time out of my day, to take her back her wallet, which covers my time and gas."

It was wrong of him, and it's a reason why when I move, I will no longer be friends with him (there's a reason behind waiting until I move).

So any who fund their Skylander collection, by taking from others, feels just like that.

When my collection is complete, I will gladly say that none of it came at the expense of robbing others of their chance. My hard earned money is on my wall. It didn't come for free, by buying up the most popular character.

That's completely different. It's stealing. BUYING from a store is not stealing.
Kuribohfett Red Sparx Gems: 27
#33 Posted: 23:34:02 22/03/2012
While it is not quite as bad, its a solid example. You're taking Skylanders from kids, families, and fans in order to cover your gas and time, just like his shady friend did. It doesn't cost anything to just leave it for the next person.
#34 Posted: 23:34:08 22/03/2012
I never bought from a scalper, I had enough patience to wait for the online stores to get stocked. But it's pretty annoying having to wait weeks for the stores to stock since they run out quickly and I don't check the online stores every two minutes.
---
but i love it all smooth
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#35 Posted: 23:41:45 22/03/2012
People are idiots. Did you really post this? The reason you are selling figures to pay for yours is because you are a scalper. The reason people stand in line for two hours is so idiots like you do not buy more than they need. I hope all stores set limits so that others have a chance to buy the more popular characters without you buying them all up. So sorry sir but you are wrong. Yes you are an idiot to buy them all up because there are kids out there that need the figures you are buying but can't get them because you are greedy and selfish. If you need to sell skylanders to pay for skylanders then get a better job. Get another job. It is not the people that can afford this game's fault that you can't. THink about all the children that have a birthday this week and would love to have the figures you scooped up but can't find them because pricks like you buy them all. It's called WORK and as americans this is how you make money. If you want to be lazy and make a profit off of little children then you are a heartless human being. Find another opportunity to make money but we will not pay you more money just because we can't find a figure in stores. It is funnier to let you buy all the figures thinking someone will buy them then you have spent money on something noone wants. The end result is you have spent money that you could have saved and you are stuck with multiple copies of the same figure. Scalpers are lazy pricks that need to get real jobs. If you are going to scalp anything then at least scalp something adults want. At least they can fight back and punch your face in for taking things they want. Stop picking on children. Geez.
wesxpresswmb Red Sparx Gems: 32
#36 Posted: 23:41:54 22/03/2012
Omg get off of it. Consumers dictate the.price I start all auctions at 1¢ and free shipping. The buyers dictate the price.
---
HAVE :smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#37 Posted: 23:42:53 22/03/2012
Quote: CynderFan1309
Ah, you mean the religious stuff.
Yeah, okay, there I agree.

Quote: Cinnamonster
What I really don't like is people who whine about scalpers, but can't muster up enough patience to wait for it to be stocked on/offline.

That's pretty hard, considering the online stores usually run out of stock in less than 10 minutes.

I'm well aware of that. Most of my figures have been bought from online retailers. I missed getting them MANY times, and every time there is disappointment, but I kept my patience, and eventually it was fruitful. If I had to wait months to get a toy in production, then I would if it meant I didn't have to pay a scalper. Collecting is so much more enjoyable when you tell yourself you don't need it to buy everything right when it's released, or as soon as possible. Unless Dragon's Peak and Wave 4 is stocked like L-TH was, then I doubt I'll be getting any of them in the first month, and I'm okay with that, because eventually an opportunity will come along.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#38 Posted: 23:45:00 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator

This is stealing. I stole nothing and scalpers stole nothing...again your means to pint are a big stretch.
#39 Posted: 23:46:33 22/03/2012
TMy hard earned money is on my wall. It didn't come for free, by buying up the most popular character.

theres a bar in the caribbean with peoples hard earned money on the wall. that would be the coolest if you owned that bar.
---
#40 Posted: 23:54:26 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: DrillSarge
People are idiots. Did you really post this? The reason you are selling figures to pay for yours is because you are a scalper. The reason people stand in line for two hours is so idiots like you do not buy more than they need. I hope all stores set limits so that others have a chance to buy the more popular characters without you buying them all up. So sorry sir but you are wrong. Yes you are an idiot to buy them all up because there are kids out there that need the figures you are buying but can't get them because you are greedy and selfish. If you need to sell skylanders to pay for skylanders then get a better job. Get another job. It is not the people that can afford this game's fault that you can't. THink about all the children that have a birthday this week and would love to have the figures you scooped up but can't find them because pricks like you buy them all. It's called WORK and as americans this is how you make money. If you want to be lazy and make a profit off of little children then you are a heartless human being. Find another opportunity to make money but we will not pay you more money just because we can't find a figure in stores. It is funnier to let you buy all the figures thinking someone will buy them then you have spent money on something noone wants. The end result is you have spent money that you could have saved and you are stuck with multiple copies of the same figure. Scalpers are lazy pricks that need to get real jobs. If you are going to scalp anything then at least scalp something adults want. At least they can fight back and punch your face in for taking things they want. Stop picking on children. Geez.

So you are saying you have no problem with scalpers. I understand and agree.
He, Are you high? Did you read this? Who do you thnk are buying these? Spare me the kid piece. Adults are the ones with the eBay accounts. And some kids these days seem to have more money in their pockets than I do! LOL. When my kids want something I go buy it for them. If it costs me more on a secondary market because I can't get at the store, then I pay the going rate. If Anything, by putting a bit more in my pocket, it affords me the opportunity to buy the stuff I otherwise might not be able to afford for them, like the lovely $400 Lego death star they begged for and now have. I love to spoil them and buy them the stuff they want.

You can cyber punch me I guess.
#41 Posted: 23:57:10 22/03/2012
Quote: Cinnamonster
I'm well aware of that. Most of my figures have been bought from online retailers. I missed getting them MANY times, and every time there is disappointment, but I kept my patience, and eventually it was fruitful. If I had to wait months to get a toy in production, then I would if it meant I didn't have to pay a scalper. Collecting is so much more enjoyable when you tell yourself you don't need it to buy everything right when it's released, or as soon as possible. Unless Dragon's Peak and Wave 4 is stocked like L-TH was, then I doubt I'll be getting any of them in the first month, and I'm okay with that, because eventually an opportunity will come along.

I pretty much missed getting some of my most wanted a bunch of times too, such as Double Trouble. It's such a sad feeling for a little while, then you get over it and wait another time... Since I personally won't pay over $8 for one.
I do agree with your "complain but yet buy from scalpers" comment. It's a bit hypocritical (even though I think there could be a couple exceptions for certain situations), and even though I do understand people getting impatient for their Skylanders, buying one for $60 is just encouraging the scalper.
I probably won't either unless I get lucky online.
#42 Posted: 00:02:07 23/03/2012
Quote: wesxpresswmb
Omg get off of it. Consumers dictate the.price I start all auctions at 1¢ and free shipping. The buyers dictate the price.

I agree with this. If people start at a penny and they bid up to $100 dollars, why is it the sellers fault? People are willing to pay that price!!!
#43 Posted: 00:04:12 23/03/2012
^ Exactly. It's the people's fault sometimes, it's not always the seller's fault it skyrocketed.
Especially considering how I see some people complain about the Skylanders being over $100 and claiming it's the seller's fault when they started the bid at $.01, especially when the seller is just selling an extra they got out of a triple pack or something.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:06:22 23/03/2012 by CynderFan1309
Flamethrower Green Sparx Gems: 469
#44 Posted: 00:11:09 23/03/2012
Look if you want to piss the scalpers off , beat them . Reply to there adds and say you will buy them figer out a location to meet them ...................AND DONT SHOW UP! make a bunch of fake e-mail adress and keep doing it , the scalper will waste more of his time showing up only to find out nobody is comming . wont workk for the e-bay guys but will for the usedeverywhere,craigslist,kijiji etc...
---
Ones we own |smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#45 Posted: 00:39:34 23/03/2012
Jesus (quite literally I guess), what a thread. I have to put my thoughts in.

GM:
1. I've pointed this out a million times, but you're calling out scalpers for being greedy (going so far as to capitalize the word because you seem to think people don't realize it's a characteristic they have), and yet you're the epitome of greed with the 7 figures and all of your nonsensical behavior. Look in the freaking mirror.
2. I like the story about the guy and the wallet. Yep, that's theft. At the same time, it doesn't seem any more dishonest to me than the story about you returning starter packs to Best Buy without the Volcanic Vault they came with. If that story is true, you're the pot calling the kettle black.

wem:
1. Someone said you're going to end up without friends and all alone when you need help. Silliness. Let's be friends, and if there comes time when you need help finding a Skylander for your own collection, let me know and I'll try to help (of course, people who scalp tend to be quite resourceful at finding things).
2. Thanks for bringing this up, because the whole "everyone is a scalper!"/"scalpers are the devil!" witch-hunt is just ridiculous. This is a great place with some great people and great information sharing, but the scalper thing is almost enough to turn you away in spite of all of that.

Other thoughts:
1. spyroflame0487 has the most rationale post in this thread. Great post, sir or madam.
2. I love, love, LOVE where someone said "come on out and let's talk, creep." That's just fantastic; there's nothing quite like internet-tough-guy talk where you're threatening someone from behind your keyboard.

CynderFan: I know that I said that I wouldn't address this stuff again, but I'm getting the impression you're okay with it, and I think you'll agree that while this isn't necessarily the most pleasant discussion, it certainly is one of the more interesting ones. I hope you still don't mind. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:43:42 23/03/2012 by PlayableMoogle
#46 Posted: 00:43:19 23/03/2012
Quote: PlayableMoogle
Jesus (quite literally I guess), what a thread. I have to put my thoughts in.

GM:
1. I've pointed this out a million times, but you're calling out scalpers for being greedy (going so far as to capitalize the word because you seem to think people realize it's a characteristic they have), and yet you're the epitome of greed with the 7 figures and all of your nonsensical behavior. Look in the freaking mirror.
2. I like the story about the guy and the wallet. Yep, that's theft. At the same time, it doesn't seem any more dishonest to me than the story about you returning starter packs to Best Buy without the Volcanic Vault they came with. If that story is true, you're the pot calling the kettle black.

wem:
1. Someone said you're going to end up without friends and all alone when you need help. Silliness. Let's be friends, and if there comes time when you need help finding a Skylander for your own collection, let me know and I'll try to help (of course, people who scalp tend to be quite resourceful at finding things).
2. Thanks for bringing this up, because the whole "everyone is a scalper!"/"scalpers are the devil!" witch-hunt is just ridiculous. This is a great place with some great people and great information sharing, but the scalper thing is almost enough to turn you away in spite of all of that.

Other thoughts:
1. spyroflame0487 has the most rationale post in this thread. Great post, sir or madam.
2. I love, love, LOVE where someone said "come on out and let's talk, creep." That's just fantastic; there's nothing quite like internet-tough-guy talk where you're threatening someone from behind your keyboard.

CynderFan: I know that I said that I wouldn't address this stuff again, but I'm getting the impression you're okay with it, and I think you'll agree that while this isn't necessarily the most pleasant discussion, it certainly is one of the more interesting ones. I hope you still don't mind. smilie

Wait, he bought the starter pack just to get Volcanic Vault? That's worse than scalping! I don't see how he can bash scalpers and think it's okay to that.
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#47 Posted: 00:48:42 23/03/2012
Quote: LevanJess
^ Yep, I agree.
Give others to have a chance to get them

You realize that putting the characters on Ebay is actually giving the most possible number of people the "chance to get them". A single figure in a single store is only helping a potential handful of people. A single figure on Ebay is giving everyone in the world the opportunity.

The figures in store are just under-priced. I actually wish the figures were something like $20 each retail so fewer people bought them. I'd rather pay a little more and actually have the figures than sit around without figures like I am now.
#48 Posted: 00:50:59 23/03/2012
And some people would rather pay the actual price, $8, to get them, something you don't find on eBay. Not $60.
But not everyone shops online or even has a computer to get on eBay..
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:15:06 23/03/2012 by LevanJess
#49 Posted: 00:52:37 23/03/2012
^ Yep..
Not to mention the fact not everyone trusts online shipping or orders or even wants to order online.

Quote: PlayableMoogle

I certainly don't mind, I don't think others do either. But thanks for taking consideration for others!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:57:56 23/03/2012 by CynderFan1309
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#50 Posted: 01:53:26 23/03/2012
To the OP, you really think this game is more expensive than Rock Band?...Are you kidding me? And yeah scalpers suck. I'm talking about the "wipe out an entire section and sell it on ebay" and not the "I found an extra Cynder and want to sell it for hobby money so my wife can get off my back" kind of deal.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me