Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Gamestops..... have wave 4 call now! [CLOSED]
wesxpresswmb Red Sparx Gems: 32
#51 Posted: 01:24:53 23/03/2012
Im incredibly humble in real life but I get this way when dealing with blind masses. My apologies good sir
---
HAVE :smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#52 Posted: 02:08:04 23/03/2012
Gonna take the high road here. I could do a lot of damage and pick this all apart like GM likes to do (and take it a few steps further). But I won't.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#53 Posted: 04:43:48 23/03/2012
It really is opinion. Right and wrong are subjective. Skylanders are just toys. (insert other neutral statement here)
miller819 Red Sparx Gems: 93
#54 Posted: 16:52:30 23/03/2012
In Michigan, I found Lightning Rod and Zook at Gamestop. They just received the shipment today.
skittles4890 Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#55 Posted: 17:02:06 23/03/2012
I as well found them today in michigan at a gamestop. I also got an ignitor there. I called 2 other gamestops as well since I'm helping a friend find them but they told me they where not out yet.
---
37/37
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#56 Posted: 17:56:54 23/03/2012
I called a Gamestop today and had them set aside a Lightning Rod and Ignitor for a friend and myself.

As the employee was putting them behind the counter, a customer came up to them and without even looking to see which characters the figures were, asked to buy them. Of course, the employee obliged.

I hate Gamestop.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
#57 Posted: 18:05:17 23/03/2012
I'm sorry. They wouldn't even hold them for me I had to rush to get them. I'm with you I'm not a huge fan of gamestop either but they had them so.
---
37/37
RidgeRat517 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1362
#58 Posted: 22:05:18 23/03/2012
I made my rounds today out here in Southern California and hit up Target, they had a new shipment (second one this week) in but it was all older stuff (Stealth Elf, Stump Smash, etc). They did have a few triple packs with Double Trouble and no expansion packs. I then went to Best Buy and they didn't have anything, I called the Gamestop that is in the same shopping center and the guy said that they had some, so I went there. He was just opening the box when I walked in. He only received that one box and in it was one L rod, one Zook, one Ignitor, and a couple Bash and a few other olders ones. I then went to my TRU and they had received a small shipment as well that had one Cynder and a few other of the older ones. I was feeling lucky so I went to the grocery store and bought some lottery tickets LOL!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:06:52 23/03/2012 by RidgeRat517
Double Trouble Green Sparx Gems: 243
#59 Posted: 22:44:30 23/03/2012
Just got lucky and got both Lightning Rod and Zook at a Gamestop in Chelmsford, MA. Tyngsboro and Salem, NH both either only got old stuff or had already sold out when I checked both of them.
Slammer Green Sparx Gems: 496
#60 Posted: 01:24:49 24/03/2012
I picked up a few that I needed today. Got Hex at Game Stop, and a three pack that I need at KMart. Ended up with Hex, Stump Smash and Flame Slinger as the new ones. Still hoping to find some level 4 stuff, along with Empire of Ice and Dragon's Peak. The new characters are fun when it comes to leveling them up and getting the upgrades, but the extra levels are much more fun! Gonna be disappointed once I've finished them though.....
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#61 Posted: 01:34:00 24/03/2012
Went into Gamestop to pick up the new Kid Icarus on 3DS for my wife. Low and behold a Zook and a Lightning Rod hung on the rack behind the counter. Only think I need to worry about now in Dragon's Peak come Sunday morning. Then I'll be set again for awhile and Wave 5.
posreject Yellow Sparx Gems: 1331
#62 Posted: 02:32:18 24/03/2012
Did some rounds this morning and afternoon and completely dry. Except for Gamestop. They had some older figs and an unusual amount of Stealth Elf in single pack. I say unusual but this is the first time in 4 months that I have ever seen a Stealth Elf single pack. I already have her so I let it go. Probably should of grabbed it just to have it in a single pack...
---
S:SA: 37/37, 3 variants & 4 SK
S:G: 54/54, 14 variants & 4 SK
S:SF: lost count...
#63 Posted: 02:42:18 24/03/2012
I love Game Stop, and their employees are always really cool, but it sucks that they get $10 per character when other places are still at $8 and $9. At least they are still at $19.99 on the multi packs.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#64 Posted: 03:08:25 24/03/2012
Found everything but Dragon's Peak there. This includes the three-pack. Thank you for making this topic; having an alternative to the perpetually-inept Toys 'R' Us really got us the figures without much trouble.
Dangermom Green Sparx Gems: 458
#65 Posted: 00:20:31 25/03/2012
I've been to 6 Gamestops in Michigan and haven't found them. I'm a gaming mom, not a scalper or a "person that sells them at reasonable prices" (*rolls eyes*) so if one of u can pm me Where in Michigan I'd appreciate it! smilie
---
81/99!
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#66 Posted: 00:38:48 25/03/2012
Quote: Dangermom
I've been to 6 Gamestops in Michigan and haven't found them. I'm a gaming mom, not a scalper or a "person that sells them at reasonable prices" (*rolls eyes*) so if one of u can pm me Where in Michigan I'd appreciate it! smilie

Did you try walmart or bestbuy. I think walmart is expected to get the new stock with the new figures and I've seen multiple reports of DP and the new figures are also being delivered to bestbuy.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#67 Posted: 00:44:22 25/03/2012
Quote: Dangermom

i have yet to see a single wave 4 skylander in MI i came close once but gamestop ran out before i got there but luckily i managed to get lightning rod and zook thanks to GM and i am going to toysrus tomorrow to get my second dragons peak for me after i ordered one and had it sent to my brothers house for my nephew for Easter.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#68 Posted: 00:50:25 25/03/2012
I've found them in michigan by pure luck since when they got a shipment I was at work and called way after and they still had them. I guess its by pure chance if they still have them
---
37/37
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#69 Posted: 00:56:10 25/03/2012
nice i just wanna say for all skylander MI fans in Westland MI Toys R US has dragons peak and will be limiting it to 1 per customer tomorrow morning hope to see some of you there i will be the guy playing his 3ds lol
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Tristan1391 Red Sparx Gems: 47
#70 Posted: 23:48:05 25/03/2012
In CO Game Stop gets their shipments in randomly Monday thru Friday between 11:00 am -noon. I call around noon and ask them to check the box. Plus, unless they get a drop shipment, they can check their computer and let you know what's coming in that week. Hope this helps for MI.
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#71 Posted: 23:52:35 25/03/2012
^The Game Stops in CA also do that.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#72 Posted: 00:10:55 26/03/2012
Well... quite a riot going on here...

Wes, I would just like to say that out of all the ignorant, selfish creeps I've seen on this site, you've already proven to be the worst... and that's saying a lot. You're having a blast making all your money and scalping, but you seem to have no sympathy for the other children and fans. "All will be scalped?" Oh yes, and "There's nothing wrong with scalping?" And of course I believe I heard something about scalping actually being a good thing, which I don't think Activision, Toys for Bob, or any skylander fans would agree with.

Your kind are a big part of the reason why children have had their hopes crushed by empty shelves. All they want is a skylander and they can't get one unless their parents pay ridiculous prices for them. You don't see anything wrong with that?

EDIT: Annnd naturally, I am late. D:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:11:48 26/03/2012 by wanderist
#73 Posted: 02:36:09 26/03/2012
This is a difficult subject, to say the least. I am a seller on eBay (mostly car audio stuff, which is my first love), but I understand both sides of this argument completely. I buy and sell, to make a profit. It is capitalism folks, like it or not. When it comes to this game, it becomes more complicated. We are players and it sucks when you see the dork walking out of TRU with a bag full of wave 4 characters, knowing that he is going to post them up at $50 each on eBay. With that said, if I had no interest in this game, and knew that I could buy these characters for $8 each and sell them for $35, I would ABSOLUTELY do it. Times are hard and people have bills to pay. I get it, both ways. It sucks for sure, but really not worth losing your mind over. I understand both sides of the argument, and am torn when it comes to this issue. I do think that it is just a matter of time before ALL characters will be readily available. If you look on eBay, they are already not selling at the starting prices for many auctions. In the meantime, be patient and you will get the characters that you need.
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#74 Posted: 04:13:47 26/03/2012
Quote: wanderist
Well... quite a riot going on here...

Wes, I would just like to say that out of all the ignorant, selfish creeps I've seen on this site, you've already proven to be the worst... and that's saying a lot. You're having a blast making all your money and scalping, but you seem to have no sympathy for the other children and fans. "All will be scalped?" Oh yes, and "There's nothing wrong with scalping?" And of course I believe I heard something about scalping actually being a good thing, which I don't think Activision, Toys for Bob, or any skylander fans would agree with.

Your kind are a big part of the reason why children have had their hopes crushed by empty shelves. All they want is a skylander and they can't get one unless their parents pay ridiculous prices for them. You don't see anything wrong with that?

EDIT: Annnd naturally, I am late. D:

don't you worry about it! The truth of the matter is he thinks he's gonna make a huge profit on these, but the amount that are out there right now, he's not going to be making major bank on these. Activision is sufficiently flooding the market enough that most kids are able to get their hands on them. And with more coming, it's been a breeze collecting my 2nd set. If I wanted to I could have them all by now, but I enjoy getting them personally off the shelf. So let him think that his scalping good, but don't be surprised if he's going to make a minimal profit on these toys that he runs around nabbing. As they say, "Karma's a b!tch!"
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
AboveSkylands Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#75 Posted: 01:01:08 27/03/2012
Hi everybody. I am new to this forum.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:35:30 27/03/2012 by AboveSkylands
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me