Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Gamestops..... have wave 4 call now! [CLOSED]
skylanderdad Red Sparx Gems: 98
#1 Posted: 15:37:16 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Just called 4 or 5 in my area and they have the new skylanders.. check yours today.. im going to pick it up today
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#2 Posted: 15:47:14 22/03/2012
Thanks for the heads up! smilie Good luck to those that read this getting them!
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
#3 Posted: 15:52:46 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I called several and they are getting shipments between 1130-1215.. one guy was opening boxes while he was on phone with me and told me he would hold them. I would call them today or look around for the next shipment at gamestops... i hate toys r us
#4 Posted: 16:03:12 22/03/2012
Don't expect Dragon's Peak, but I'm hoping they have possible 3 packs there. That'd be nice...then I can get my Cynder finally. If you don't want scalpers to jump your stores though...you might consider deleting this thread...just a thought. I think we should do a private mailing list here. And if you want to know of new releases...you get pm's from people.
---
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#5 Posted: 16:08:06 22/03/2012
called 7 gamestops here in michigan and no wave 4 smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#6 Posted: 16:12:22 22/03/2012
I called all the ones near peru illinois. no shipments
erving Green Sparx Gems: 108
#7 Posted: 16:44:01 22/03/2012
Just checked my local GS. Nothing. The guy said he wasn't expecting any unless they dropship him some. Sams Club had a bunch of 3 packs. 10 with wrecking ball, stealth, sonic. 9 with drobot, flameslinger, stump smash. 10 with whirlwind, double trouble, drill sergeant. The best part is, they sell them for $17.50.

Pennsylvania
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:53:53 22/03/2012 by erving
#8 Posted: 16:50:12 22/03/2012
Was this spotted on East or West Coast? I will go out and find out today on my run. I'll let people know what I see out there today. I don't expect a whole lot, but never know. I had heard some rumblings of Walmart and Gamestop, but it's usually hit or miss...thinking today will be fruitless. Targets look pretty dry too.
---
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#9 Posted: 17:07:34 22/03/2012
I'm also curious about where this was. I've called all of the local Gamestops, and why there were actually a few with figures, none had the new stuff.
Aaryana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#10 Posted: 17:24:29 22/03/2012
My GS got all adventure packs (minus DP of course), plus wave 4. I asked them to hold, and they said no. When I got there 10 minutes later, a guy was walking out with every single item in the store. So mad. smilie
---
New to the Skylands!
#11 Posted: 17:28:04 22/03/2012
I called mine...they only had 3 packs with Whirlwind, Double Trouble in. The other store had nothing. Aaryana what city are you in so we can see where they are popping up at. I'm in WA state
---
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#12 Posted: 17:47:21 22/03/2012
okay, i called like, 10 gamestops, most everyone was cluseless as to when they might get some in.. but a couple of the smart ones told me they are expecting some tomorrow by ups. so heres hoping...
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
#13 Posted: 17:52:22 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Im in newport news va.. all the gamestops i called said they should have shipments tommorrow. I found one that had them today..ill post pics when i get them today.
gbac16 Green Sparx Gems: 269
#14 Posted: 18:05:52 22/03/2012
NE Ohio Willoughy GameStop had Zook, Ignitor, and LR!
---
32/32 + All Legendaries, Blue Bash, Flocked Stumpy, & Red Drill Sgt, Sidekicks. (All at retail).
Want: Dark Spyro.
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#15 Posted: 19:09:35 22/03/2012
That's interesting, maybe I'll find some Wave 4 when I pick up Kid Icarus Uprising tomorrow.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#16 Posted: 19:35:03 22/03/2012
I called all 5 Gamestop stores near me and none of them had anything new.
CrazedDad Red Sparx Gems: 81
#17 Posted: 19:48:04 22/03/2012
First Post:

I saw this post and called 3 GameStops in Frisco, TX. 2 LRods and 1 Zook sold while I was on the phone. I got to a GS before they sold out and got the last Zook and LRod. They still had Ignitors on the shelf.
#18 Posted: 19:48:45 22/03/2012
Grats Crazedad! Nothing in Everett, WA.
---
Dark Gyro Blue Sparx Gems: 656
#19 Posted: 19:51:44 22/03/2012
Nothing new here in Tampa.
#20 Posted: 19:53:02 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Looks like the market will be saturated soon
miller819 Red Sparx Gems: 93
#21 Posted: 20:25:17 22/03/2012
I called a few Gamestop stores around me and none of them had anything new.
wesxpresswmb Red Sparx Gems: 32
#22 Posted: 20:25:47 22/03/2012
Look guys if you want the new figures you need to call tru and find out when they gey there trucks in. then go.there a hour before opening and wait in line with the other skylander collectors to get yours. Thats the only way unless you want to pay out the you know what. My tru got 200 in of lightning rod, zook and ignitor. I bought 2 sets of zook and lightning rod and I was behind 30 other people. Sold the secound set for $60 for each character on ebay and kept a set so I basically got mine for free. Good luck.
---
HAVE :smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#23 Posted: 20:48:13 22/03/2012
It doesn't help getting there early if TRU never even gets them in stock. Lots of us were there yesterday before doors opened and when we got inside it was nothing but a let down with older figures.
#24 Posted: 20:53:08 22/03/2012
Quote: wesxpresswmb
I bought 2 sets of zook and lightning rod and I was behind 30 other people. Sold the secound set for $60 for each character on ebay and kept a set so I basically got mine for free. Good luck.

At least you're honest about it. But that doesn't make you any better than a scalper. But I understand trying to offset your costs. But that MORE than offset your costs. Congrats on making it to beginner scalper status. smilie (note sarcasm)
---
wem Red Sparx Gems: 72
#25 Posted: 20:56:19 22/03/2012
GameStop stores in southeastern Mass got triple packs in of characters...there were three different. I don't remember specifics but they were all old figures. Needed flames linger and stump, so I bought that one. Thanks for this post!
#26 Posted: 20:57:03 22/03/2012
Quote: ToxicFate
It doesn't help getting there early if TRU never even gets them in stock. Lots of us were there yesterday before doors opened and when we got inside it was nothing but a let down with older figures.

If you didn't get them now...doesn't your logic tell you that they WILL get them soon. They likely will be out on Sunday, but to be safe, you show up at 10am the next few days to be extra sure. Call first thing in the AM and ask if they got any UPS shipments of Skylanders. Ask them if they can physically check in the back. But my guess is all the Zook, LR and Iggy are in the back with the Dragon's Peak. Some stores may have aired on the side of caution and held their entire NEW figure inventory till Sunday so their shelves wouldn't just be full of DP and that's it.

That's how it should have been done in the 1st place. Or half the shipment should have been placed that way...and half on Sunday.

That would insure more people get their hands on it that missed it on Wednesday.

Food for thought.
---
#27 Posted: 21:07:07 22/03/2012
Quote: xerokills

If you didn't get them now...doesn't your logic tell you that they WILL get them soon. They likely will be out on Sunday, but to be safe, you show up at 10am the next few days to be extra sure. Call first thing in the AM and ask if they got any UPS shipments of Skylanders. Ask them if they can physically check in the back. But my guess is all the Zook, LR and Iggy are in the back with the Dragon's Peak. Some stores may have aired on the side of caution and held their entire NEW figure inventory till Sunday so their shelves wouldn't just be full of DP and that's it.

That's how it should have been done in the 1st place. Or half the shipment should have been placed that way...and half on Sunday.

That would insure more people get their hands on it that missed it on Wednesday.

Food for thought.

I highly doubt they are holding them in the back. My TRU is clueless when it comes to Skylanders it seems. For example when we all walked in yesterday the first guy in line was like "this is all you got?" and the girl at the register said "yup 4 new characters". We had to explain that they were all older figures and they said sorry but that was all they got in.
Kuribohfett Red Sparx Gems: 27
#28 Posted: 21:10:23 22/03/2012
I called them around 1 o clock, as was instructed. Their shipment just came in and I can confirm they had Wave 4. Picked up Zook and Ignitor.
Aaryana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#29 Posted: 21:16:39 22/03/2012
Look guys if you want the new figures you need to call tru and find out when they gey there trucks in. then go.there a hour before opening and wait in line with the other skylander collectors to get yours. Thats the only way unless you want to pay out the you know what. My tru got 200 in of lightning rod, zook and ignitor. I bought 2 sets of zook and lightning rod and I was behind 30 other people. Sold the secound set for $60 for each character on ebay and kept a set so I basically got mine for free. Good luck.

Points for honesty, I suppose, but scalpers like you are the reason I didn't get just one today.
---
New to the Skylands!
#30 Posted: 22:39:11 22/03/2012
#1 its not scalping... Its called selling on the secoundary market and I do it all the time just not with store bought items.
#2 its not about getting there early its about getting there when they are there. The way tru works is all of theyre items go to a local warehouse and they randomly distribute to stores from there. The videogame manager should be able to tell you whats coming in and the day they recieve shipment. Ie I know my tru's get freight on wednesdays so I know that I have to be there on wednes opening and the manager here only allows you to buy 3sets. That I.sures that everybody will get some. Also I buy from walmart at 4 in the morning quite often.

#3 "scalpers" are good for the market because without supply and demand being in the right ratio the line would just die off. If you want to be mad at anyone then it should be activision. Why do you think they released dark spyro and ignitor with the 3ds version? Probably thats because they would only move the 3ds version like that. Nobody would buy the 3ds version without that manipulation.

End result quit hating on me. I have been to numerous stores to find what I got and I will use my scalped money to pay for my dragons peak that way I dont have to stalk stores.

Simple economics guys. If the toys were readily available then skylanders wouldnt have the publicity that it does and activisions stock wouldnt continue to rise.
---
HAVE :smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#31 Posted: 22:56:41 22/03/2012
#1 its not scalping... Its called selling on the secoundary market and I do it all the time just not with store bought items.
#2 its not about getting there early its about getting there when they are there. The way tru works is all of theyre items go to a local warehouse and they randomly distribute to stores from there. The videogame manager should be able to tell you whats coming in and the day they recieve shipment. Ie I know my tru's get freight on wednesdays so I know that I have to be there on wednes opening and the manager here only allows you to buy 3sets. That I.sures that everybody will get some. Also I buy from walmart at 4 in the morning quite often.

#3 "scalpers" are good for the market because without supply and demand being in the right ratio the line would just die off. If you want to be mad at anyone then it should be activision. Why do you think they released dark spyro and ignitor with the 3ds version? Probably thats because they would only move the 3ds version like that. Nobody would buy the 3ds version without that manipulation.

End result quit hating on me. I have been to numerous stores to find what I got and I will use my scalped money to pay for my dragons peak that way I dont have to stalk stores.

Simple economics guys. If the toys were readily available then skylanders wouldnt have the publicity that it does and activisions stock wouldnt continue to rise.

#1: yes it is. You bought it with the intention of selling at a big markup. Pretty much straight out of the scalpers handbook.

#2: can't argue with you o this one

#3: amazing ignorance out of you. Scalpers are good for the market to keep the line from dying out? What about the people that get turned off by empty shelves and sky-high prices and stop buying the game's products?

Collectors are almost as bad with high demand products. They build shrines to display product that will never be used when others can't even buy ones they will actually use.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Alone0129 Green Sparx Gems: 121
#32 Posted: 23:01:49 22/03/2012

You are part of the problem. Congrats. You are helping making parents who want them for their children lives hell. I know you don't care. The truth is you are doing the same thing as a scalper. If its quacks like a duck it isn't a monkey.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#33 Posted: 23:04:34 22/03/2012
I want to know who is paying these prices. I sure don't.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#34 Posted: 23:10:11 22/03/2012
Okay so this is how stock.sells.... People read the news and see skylanders are selling on ebay for $600+ ... Hmmm well I dont know what skylanders are so I guess I will look it up... Oh it made by activision.. Biy stock in activision. If the supply was up and everybody could get them then they would never sell just like the millions of drobots on shelves everywhere. This make stores not reorder because the stock has not been extinguished and thus the product dies. I usually sell old videogames like nes snes ps2 on ebay but skylanders are good for ebay too because without ebay the poor schmucks in montana would be without. Take from.big markets and sell to general public so everynody can get them. I start auctions at 1¢ and free shipping. You dictate the price it sells for. You being the consumer. Maybe activision should release the whole set in a big box so we can all have the and not waste time gas and money for them. Hmmm
---
#35 Posted: 23:14:41 22/03/2012
Well I think its funny when I see a 7 year old screaming at his retarded mom because she cant get him an air element. Lol its actually really funny. Call it what you want to because too much supply is why companoes bankrupt themselves everyday. I guess you are really good at excelling your profit margins. Besides who cant afford 60 for.something they want? Its small potatoes.
---
#36 Posted: 23:23:27 22/03/2012
Well I think its funny when I see a 7 year old screaming at his retarded mom because she cant get him an air element. Lol its actually really funny. Call it what you want to because too much supply is why companoes bankrupt themselves everyday. I guess you are really good at excelling your profit margins. Besides who cant afford 60 for.something they want? Its small potatoes.

$60.00 for something that normally costs 8-10 is ludicrous. My son has never yelled at me for not being able to find, but I do in fact have to see that disappointed look on his face when we can't find them. It's obvious you don't have kids or probably stay at home with your mother to think that $60 in this economy is nothing.
#37 Posted: 23:36:43 22/03/2012
No actually I have 3 kids and im happily married.for 8 years. Actually my wife went to tru and got the zooks and LR's for me. My kids love their.skylanders collection. I actually mad a treasure chest that looks exactly like the dragon treasure chest to house their collection. I also work for a living and have no problems spending to get what I want. I flip garage sales as a weekend hobby and sell the items I find on ebay. Last summer I made 22k on ebay alnoe for 3 hours of.my saturday. So now judge me. I am not your typical skylanders collector. Usually people who say things like you sit at home in your undewear are doing what they are accusong you of. But in actuality im sitting on my comfy couch on my ipad2 watching my kids play skylanders on my flatscreen tv. stay classy Alone0129... Alone... Lol well that says a lot about you ALONE
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#38 Posted: 23:45:24 22/03/2012
I feel sorry for your kids, Wes. I really - truly - do. They will be raised by a greedy parent. All they will care about, is money, no matter who they have to run over.

This is why there needs to be something instituted, where people need to be liscensed to have kids. To get said liscense, you can't -

- Be stupid
- Be a bad parent ^
- Be abusive
- Have psychotic tendencies

You're a perfect example, Wes, of what happens to the greedy when they die. You can't die with your money, bro. Thought you knew? I believe in God, so in saying that, God will know what you valued most in life and will deal with you accordingly.

Go ahead and keep trolling. You obviously have nothing better to do with your life, than fill it with money. Man, do I pity you. Wait, I feel more for your kiddos. Poor children.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#39 Posted: 23:53:24 22/03/2012
I wouldn't call wesxpresswmb a scalper at all. He clearly stated he started the auctions at a low cost. If people bid it up than it's on them to pay a higher price. Personally I think of scalpers as those who buy bunches of them and start the auctions at an insanely high price.
#40 Posted: 23:54:26 22/03/2012
God is not real just something to give criminals and the unpreparred hope. We live for our children to.have it easier than we did.
---
#41 Posted: 00:02:45 23/03/2012
I love how full of crap people are. Just admit you're a scalper. That you'd buy out an entire stock if they'd let you. You know you would, because you know you'd make a profit. I could easily go buy every single one I see in store. I started my 2nd set today. Got 2 3 packs. I could have bought the rest. They didn't limit me. I know I could make a profit on it too and it would be pretty easy. I love how he said he made 22K. That 22K probably cost you more than 3 hours of your time, with shipping, listing and selling the product. The gas, the travel time, the packing the items. You be that guy. The extra 22K is not worth my time. I'd rather live with the 8/8/8. 8 hours work, 8 hours play, 8 hours sleep. If you find making money outside of your job "fun" then good for you. But I'd rather spend that time personally with my kids playing the game. Or taking them to an amusement park, the movies, or shopping. You do what you gotta do. Just remember, you contribute to what is hurting kids and parents alike and all for the almighty dollar. I think it's safe to say you aren't welcome here. And it's yet another reason to not post where we see them. I am going to make a new post to address this.
---
#42 Posted: 00:03:50 23/03/2012
Wes...GTFO...please. You are already clearly out for your own good and nobody else. Just GTFO...okay?
---
#43 Posted: 00:06:41 23/03/2012
I wouldn't call wesxpresswmb a scalper at all. He clearly stated he started the auctions at a low cost. If people bid it up than it's on them to pay a higher price. Personally I think of scalpers as those who buy bunches of them and start the auctions at an insanely high price.

He buys more than what his needs are...and resells them, knowing he'll get a profit from it. He could as easily redistributed it locally through Craigslist at a reasonable price. Nope, he went straight to Ebay and already had it sold the day he got them. That's called hitting the market while it's hot. He IS a scalper and he will not get any help from me in his pursuit in the future and I urge everyone else to hold your intel to yourself or in the new thread I intend to make.
---
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#44 Posted: 00:16:40 23/03/2012
None of my 3 got any.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#45 Posted: 00:25:21 23/03/2012
No actually I have 3 kids and im happily married.for 8 years. Actually my wife went to tru and got the zooks and LR's for me. My kids love their.skylanders collection. I actually mad a treasure chest that looks exactly like the dragon treasure chest to house their collection. I also work for a living and have no problems spending to get what I want. I flip garage sales as a weekend hobby and sell the items I find on ebay. Last summer I made 22k on ebay alnoe for 3 hours of.my saturday. So now judge me. I am not your typical skylanders collector. Usually people who say things like you sit at home in your undewear are doing what they are accusong you of. But in actuality im sitting on my comfy couch on my ipad2 watching my kids play skylanders on my flatscreen tv. stay classy Alone0129... Alone... Lol well that says a lot about you ALONE

Clearly your IPAD2 didn't come with spell-check. Guess you should get the new IPAD that just released. Maybe that will help you not spell like a 5 year old. I work for a living as well. I own my 2 story home, and have everything you claim to have as well. Actions speak louder than words though, and seeing your posts on these forums so far speak novels about you. Clearly you value your money over your family and everything. Good job making a play on my forum name. It's something I have used since I was 16 in video games and account names. It's easy for me to remember.
#46 Posted: 00:27:32 23/03/2012
I love when scalpers create excuses. Some of them are so funny. Toxic saying "scalping is someone who starts out auctions at a higher price," is priceless.

Scalpers know why they sell on Ebay. Duh. Scalpers know the prices will go up in the last few minutes, if it's a new - and hot - item.
---
#47 Posted: 00:35:53 23/03/2012
*shrug* I guess it's a difference of opinion. For instance I collect wrestling figures many times I've picked them up to help others on another forum for cost plus shipping. But there's a couple times I've grabbed an extra 1 and put it on Ebay because I know there's others who can't find them in their local area. If I make less cool, if I make my money back cool if I make a little bit of profit cool. Now maybe Wes doesn't have the same mindset but like I said I don't think of someone as a scalper when they only bought 2 extra's and started them at 1 cent a piece.
#48 Posted: 01:06:14 23/03/2012
Theres nothing wrong with scalping. How I spend my time is for me to decide and it is only 3 hours. Im super efficient. I buy and post immediately and package in my garage right away. My wife does the shipping labels and I ship through the machine on my way to work and it only takes me about 10 minutes to print shipping labels for about 15 packages a day which is a grand total of 16 hours a month for 3 months. 100% feedback and if you bought from me you would never know it since I use a different handle on ebay. My children adore me and I do them too. Okay gotta go I have skylanders to pick up at gamestop. Good luck guys and keep hating. BTW im picking up 3 LR's an ignitor and 4 zooks all will be scalped (-; . Oh and im getting the new ipad soon so dont worry.
---
#49 Posted: 01:18:29 23/03/2012
Man, Wes. If I had a nickel for everytime I've seen you boast about yourself and how good you are on your posts, I'd be rich.

I rememeber when I was arrogant. I don't believe in coincidence, but when I acted like you, I magically lost everything. Fate, karma, God. Depending on if you believe or not, pick your poison. Everyone is shown the error of their ways.
---
#50 Posted: 01:22:33 23/03/2012
Exactly! Finally someone who understands what an opinion is. The people decide the price and if I lose money on them then so be it. I will and have still shipped item at a loss to keep custer satisfaction. When you sell in auction thats always a risk. I have sold my little ponys and shipped to germany for a great profit. I sold a spoon I bought at a garage sale for 5¢ for $56 also so if you lose money you will always even out. I keep my profit margins at about 1000% of cost when garage saleing. I bought a storage locker filled to the gills with nascar collectors cars most autographed for $750 and mad over 12k a couple of years ago before the big storage wars stuff. I think its funny how some people think buying a 2 story house is a suck story. I have owned my house since I was 22 and im 30 now.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me