Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Proof there can be Frauds! [CLOSED]
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#1 Posted: 18:11:54 21/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Decided to try out a little experiment. Ive said it multiple times that all these gold and silver skylanders can just be fake...there are no stat differences so there's nothing to say that the one you bought is real.

Here's a little experiment I did with the legendary trigger happy I bought today. I opened him extremely carefully, took him out, and resealed the box.

[User Posted Image]
By warriorsokka at 2012-03-21

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

There's nothing that stops anyone from buying a chop chop (that is now in every store) and doing the same thing, except painting him gold or silver first.

Just thought id do a fun experiment. This is also a good way to have a character, open him use him and reset him to sell as new smilie (not that you should, but just make sure you buy from reputable people)
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:12:19 21/03/2012 by ialexonline
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#2 Posted: 18:15:25 21/03/2012
A gold character is at level ten with (2,000?) treasure/coins. someone please correct me if the amount of treasure/coins that I listed is incorrect.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#3 Posted: 19:35:06 21/03/2012
Level 5 and 5000 money, I thought?
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#4 Posted: 19:37:39 21/03/2012
I think it was Level 5 and 2100 coins.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#5 Posted: 20:36:38 21/03/2012 | Topic Creator
The funniest part about this is that no one knows the truth of what level a gold character is smilie

Which leaves it open to fakes even more!

But i'm just putting it out there that it is possible. And leveling up to level 5 isnt very hard, and getting money isn't too hard either. Could easily be faked.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#6 Posted: 21:55:45 21/03/2012
Very true - especially if someone uses the fire cheat to get the money one unit at a time, they can easily rig whatever amount of gold it is!
---
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#7 Posted: 02:33:09 22/03/2012
What is the fire cheat?
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#8 Posted: 02:39:37 22/03/2012
I think they really should change the packing for rare figures like Golds and silver!!!
Even some sort of hologram sticker something to show it's real!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#9 Posted: 02:52:53 22/03/2012
Quote:
Just thought id do a fun experiment. This is also a good way to have a character, open him use him and reset him to sell as new smilie (not that you should, but just make sure you buy from reputable people)

You know you can just use it in the box right?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#10 Posted: 03:06:40 22/03/2012
I don't think anyone ever questioned that frauds could exist. Thanks for busting that myth.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#11 Posted: 04:52:25 22/03/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598
Quote:

I should hope everyone knows you can use it in the packaging....since the portal reads the character through the package in the store, it just makes sense that it would do the same at home.
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
#12 Posted: 05:51:07 22/03/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
What is the fire cheat?

The one where, between Chapters 8 and 11 in the game, you stand a fire Skylander on the little campfire on the beach with one player, and attack him with a water Skylander with the other player.
---
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#13 Posted: 10:02:42 22/03/2012
Funny, I was just talking to someone today in line about how people could easily counterfeit gold and silver figures and mentioned that Blue Bash might actually be worth something to collectors since it wouldn't be as easy to fake by counterfeiters. Too bad I heard he won't be blue in game.

Also, I didn't know there were cheats in the game. I've been acquiring gold the hard way all the time! Oh well, I already passed that window anyways. Until recently, I didn't even know you could put more than one Skylander on the Portal at the same time.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
#14 Posted: 11:00:31 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Whirlwind5598
Quote:

>.> <.< >.> <.<

You are completely missing the point. The ENTIRE POINT of this post is that THEY CAN BE TAKEN OUT AND PUT BACK IN. Making it possible to alter a NORMAL CHARACTER into a GOLD OR SILVER CHARACTER using SPRAY PAINT.

And then resealing the package.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me