Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
OCCUPY Toys R' Us Anyone? [CLOSED]
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#1 Posted: 17:44:40 21/03/2012 | Topic Creator
The overall feedback from today's event was more on the down side. Should we start telling TRU how we feel about it and start hitting on their facebook page? LOL
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Dark Gyro Blue Sparx Gems: 656
#2 Posted: 17:53:00 21/03/2012
I think a BOYCOTT would be much more effective.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#3 Posted: 17:56:41 21/03/2012
Quote: Dark Gyro
I think a BOYCOTT would be much more effective.

lol sure let's have the fans boycott TRU while the scalpers laugh all the way to the bank...I do agree that someone needs to pay.
#4 Posted: 17:58:24 21/03/2012 | Topic Creator
BOYCOTT is not going to work because scalpers will simply take that opportunity. I'm going to call corporate today about the Dragon's peak issue.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#5 Posted: 17:59:33 21/03/2012
and here i was going to camp outside Toys R to get wave 4.... i guess i will not anymore.
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#6 Posted: 18:00:47 21/03/2012
Yeah, lets OKAPI Toys'R'us!

[User Posted Image]
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
ramster1221 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1957
#7 Posted: 18:31:12 21/03/2012
Oh will you whiners please shut up and grow a pair. Be adults.
TheFireInside Gold Sparx Gems: 2426
#8 Posted: 18:33:33 21/03/2012
Yeah, it's not even necessarily TRUs' fault...they can't really help it if the shipments don't come in. The shipments for the electronics departments, videogames especially, work differently than the rest of the items in the stores.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#9 Posted: 18:53:30 21/03/2012
Quote: ramster1221
Oh will you whiners please shut up and grow a pair. Be adults.

HUH? They promised something they didn't have (I called yesterday and they said they would be available). I waited around for over an hour. I have a right to be pissed.
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#10 Posted: 18:53:55 21/03/2012
I went to TRU today and found a Drobot and a Sonic Boom and I debated which one to buy and in the end I decided to get both.

I am the 99 percent.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#11 Posted: 18:55:18 21/03/2012
Quote: TheFireInside
Yeah, it's not even necessarily TRUs' fault...they can't really help it if the shipments don't come in. The shipments for the electronics departments, videogames especially, work differently than the rest of the items in the stores.

When they found out they only received 4 older figures they could have let the over 100 people in line know.

The Dragon's Peak debacle was completely their fault.
#12 Posted: 19:00:33 21/03/2012

I've been purchasing collectable from TRU for almost 20 years now and I've never had something taken from me that I waited in line for. If they simply didn't have new Skylanders that would be forgivable...this mix up with Dragon's Peak is not. They put them on the shelves, tell people there is a limit and then BAM oh I'm sorry you can't buy that now...come back another day and do this all over again....WHAT?!?
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#13 Posted: 19:01:39 21/03/2012
Quote: Tigorus

I've been purchasing collectable from TRU for almost 20 years now and I've never had something taken from me that I waited in line for. If they simply didn't have new Skylanders that would be forgivable...this mix up with Dragon's Peak is not. They put them on the shelves, tell people there is a limit and then BAM oh I'm sorry you can't buy that now...come back another day and do this all over again....WHAT?!?

I agree.

What I really don't understand is why there was so much variance between the TRUs. Why didn't they all have the new Wave? It doesn't make sense.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
#14 Posted: 19:06:27 21/03/2012
Quote: Madel

I agree.

What I really don't understand is why there was so much variance between the TRUs. Why didn't they all have the new Wave? It doesn't make sense.

And why didn't they all tell people they couldn't purchase Dragon's Peak until Sunday. Some were sent away empty handed and some are already selling it on ebay. That's the real killer here is we have a crappy situation with inconsistency. Either none for everyone or one for everyone...not a few for some. They all should have had wave four and none of them should have had Dragon's Peak on the shelf.
#15 Posted: 19:08:25 21/03/2012 | Topic Creator

That was the most awkward situation this morning. Some big guy was holding it like you would have to wrestle with him to get it off his hands and he did not let it go until he signed up for the rain check.
---
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#16 Posted: 19:08:58 21/03/2012
Quote: Madel

I agree.

And why didn't they all tell people they couldn't purchase Dragon's Peak until Sunday. Some were sent away empty handed and some are already selling it on ebay. That's the real killer here is we have a crappy situation with inconsistency. Either none for everyone or one for everyone...not a few for some. They all should have had wave four and none of them should have had Dragon's Peak on the shelf.

Inconsistency is the best word for today.

Don't get me wrong, forum members on here who got Dragon's Peak, I say that's awesome. But the ones who got it ripped from their hands or the ones on ebay who managed to snag one for scalping purposes, that's stupid.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#17 Posted: 19:09:15 21/03/2012
I feel like I have occupied TRU enough already. And the whole occupy movement is played. And it never accomplishes anything, anyway.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#18 Posted: 03:47:03 22/03/2012
What happened withDP today? I got mine today so is the problem that some for it and didn't?
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#19 Posted: 03:50:45 22/03/2012
Quote: Rand O M
What happened withDP today? I got mine today so is the problem that some for it and didn't?

Read the threads and I'm sure you'll uncover what the problem was.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#20 Posted: 03:59:23 22/03/2012
Ok found it. Sorry you guys weren't able to get it. TRU is having major issue with Skylanders because they aren't sure what they are selling at what dates. Like I said in an other forum that I got DP but, that's the only wave 4 they had! Of course I was mad but they are going through toguh times so let's not get mad over that.
#21 Posted: 04:02:41 22/03/2012
I'm not that surprised that this whole ordeal with it happened, either. Most of the time TRU employees don't really know what's going on except for the occasional one person that knows how everything's supposed to be. I remember just a few weeks ago when one of the employees was telling me Legendary Trigger Happy was in May....wrong!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#22 Posted: 04:06:36 22/03/2012
they are going through tough times because of pulling crap like what happened today! Its not fair to have waited 5 hours and have your items taken from your hands! Then some other toys r us is selling everything to everyone even DP! That makes toy r us suck and when you suck your guest will shop some place else and their 30 day BS suxs ballz! nuff said I am pissed at them........
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#23 Posted: 04:09:18 22/03/2012
Wow, were there really people who waited outside for five hours?
---
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#24 Posted: 04:10:53 22/03/2012
Same here Rand O M. I was able to get a dp for myself but i think i would have rather just gotten zook and lightning rod, which they didnt have.
I dont know if they made people give em back cause i was first in line n left right after.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:12:18 22/03/2012 by dragon_fang21
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#25 Posted: 04:16:11 22/03/2012
Yes indeed 5 hours.......
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#26 Posted: 04:23:08 22/03/2012
Am i crazy or do every time i post a comment everyone leaves the room... :/
slpfw0802 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#27 Posted: 04:28:47 22/03/2012
^ Lol its probably just the timing of ur comments
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Awesome profile pic by nintendofan92
#28 Posted: 04:31:50 22/03/2012
I was starting to think people thought i was a blasted scalper or sumthin.
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#29 Posted: 04:33:36 22/03/2012
^That happens to me too. Especially with my topics.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

slpfw0802 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#30 Posted: 04:33:48 22/03/2012
Lol naw there just jealous that u got a DP (although i am a bit jealous too, but there is one on hold for me for the 25th)
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Awesome profile pic by nintendofan92
#31 Posted: 04:37:51 22/03/2012
glad its not just me, Whirlwind.
Dont be jealous, slpw0802. I immediately tried getting all 3 stars on dp when i got home. got them. but then when i went back to the ruins it said i missed the middle one. its glitched and just wont let me get 100% on it.

OH btw, does anyone know a good place to buy the volcanic vault? Preferrably not a reaaallly expensive one, lol. I kinda want one for my collection.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:41:27 22/03/2012 by dragon_fang21
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#32 Posted: 05:59:18 22/03/2012
Quote: slpfw0802
Lol naw there just jealous that u got a DP (although i am a bit jealous too, but there is one on hold for me for the 25th)

How did you get one on hold? There is 90% chance of me getting it on sunday because i am giving money to a coworker working the event to buy me one and even he is t sure if he will b able to guarentee me one :/ honestly you'd think employees would get some kind of perk other than 10% of toys that are 20% more expensive than other stores T_T and i dont know how other employees are getting it ahead of time because i know our store is super strict. They check our bags at the door to make sure we arent stealing anything -.-
---
Praise Helix!!!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me