Page 1 of 1
Is anyone else worried... [CLOSED]
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#1 Posted: 10:32:12 17/03/2012 | Topic Creator
...that some of the better Skylanders might be nerfed in Giants? I can totally see them "balancing" the Skylanders which, in the case of some of the badly underpowered characters, could be good... but I'll be seriously disappointed if they nerf Stealth Elf.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#2 Posted: 10:50:37 17/03/2012
I doubt it. I don't think they have enough time to nerf them, that and they are creating this game on the back of Spyro's Adventure, meaning VERY minimal changes in gameplay, if any.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#3 Posted: 11:25:51 17/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Hmm... that is true but then they did change several between the original Wii version and the PS360 version...
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#4 Posted: 12:25:23 17/03/2012
worried? i hope so. for example, trigger happy need an hp boost
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#5 Posted: 13:28:51 17/03/2012
I'd be glad for some fair nerfs, personally. The first game wasn't much of a challenge other than a few moments in the undead levels. But I believe I recall seeing something about Giants having stronger enemies (or enemies from the previous game that have at least recieved more health.), which is/would be pretty cool.

That little gameplay clip we've seen of Giants featured Stealth Elf getting beaten up by a small group of Drow and Skele-chompies, so hopefully that's a good sign. Unless, of course, whoever was playing just didn't really care to demonstrate fighting that much, in which case the drows and chomps are once again easy fodder.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:29:37 17/03/2012 by SilentButDeadly
#6 Posted: 16:56:21 17/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I'd quite like a harder game with a more even difficulty curve... but it's still a kids game so I'm guessing the first few levels at least will be rediculously easy like the first one.

Making the game harder is not the same as nerfing the characters. I wouldn't like them to reduce the damage output of Pook Blades so they're hardly better than Forest Ninja...

Personally I'd like there to be a difficulty setting so a 7 year old could complete it on easy without getting too bored or too frustrated whilst making harder modes more of a challange to older hard(ish)core gamers.

The modes I would like to see, with comparisons to the current difficulty level of S:SA:

Easy - Same as most of the current game (but the end would be easier).
Regular - Slightly harder initial levels with roughly the same difficulty by the end.
Hard - Significantly harder than the current game at the start with the end fights being noticably harder than current (but not significantly so).
God/Very Hard - Starting as hard as the end of the current game (or even harder) and ending in a "Nintendo hard" boss fight that would be completely impossible to finish with any 1 Skylander (may require 4 or more even for hardcore gamers or in co-op mode).

More difficulties would be good but any less than 3 and it's not worth it... I doubt we'll see different difficulty levels in Giants but I really really think there should be... I understand that in the first game they didn't know how older/more profficient gamers would take to it so they tailored its difficulty level for kids but now they should realise that they have an adult following it would be nice to see something more challanging.

Again, I doubt it...
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me