Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Keep an open eye on Walmart. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 21:28:34 13/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Just talked to a Walmart employee who actually knew something.

She told me that while they have none now, the game rep told her that all Walmarts will soon be bombarded heavy and hard, with Skylanders.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
ArkeyanForce Green Sparx Gems: 402
#2 Posted: 21:30:57 13/03/2012
yay first
---
FINALLY FOUND HOT HEAD!!!
Chaos Control Green Sparx Gems: 497
#3 Posted: 21:38:49 13/03/2012
That's nice to know because my walmart says that whenever they get any in they always sell out about 8 hours later, so now my sister an I may have a chance at finding some there. Thanks for the heads up!
---
S:SA: 29/32
SG: 10/48
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#4 Posted: 22:15:41 13/03/2012
even bestbuy posted this image

[User Posted Image]

its definitely happening soon
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:17:09 13/03/2012 by Gaiaknight
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 22:19:13 13/03/2012
[User Posted Image]

I think getting the 3 pack would honestly be the best thing to do. Even though I have a Cynder, I could still use it for the other path or sell it.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#6 Posted: 22:42:56 13/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I don't see that on their site. Where did you find that?
---
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#7 Posted: 23:37:13 13/03/2012
was posted on facebook before being removed i just happen to catch it and save the link
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#8 Posted: 23:47:25 13/03/2012
Thanks for the update, GM. V and I will be looking in on our Walmarts.
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#9 Posted: 05:41:59 14/03/2012
hahahaha that photo makes it look like lightning rods shooting cynder with a bolt and zook shooting her with his bazooka
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#10 Posted: 06:47:10 14/03/2012
Wonder what her definition of 'soon' is.
And which packs specifically did they mean.

-M
Angel Wing Green Sparx Gems: 361
#11 Posted: 10:22:48 14/03/2012
I am sooo Excited to get the new ones. Zook looks pretty, how shall I say, Unique. Sunburn will probably mark 1st place as my favorite skylander. If not Zook or Zap wil surely be there.
---
Raine's Collection [smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#12 Posted: 00:28:54 15/03/2012
Quote: Gaiaknight
even bestbuy posted this image

[User Posted Image]

its definitely happening soon

If I find one of these I'll sell the extra cynder to someone here for store price.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#13 Posted: 00:39:46 15/03/2012
Im opening my own toy store called "Bull****". We are going to have the wave 4 coming out SOON. So get your hopes up Ill be advertising all month long. Thats all Im going to do tho is advertise. I will actually release them in june. Thats what everyone else appears to be doing. Im so sick of this crap. They obviously are not comong out this month. Activision said TarU would have 30 days exclusive and day 1 hasnt even started. Unless they wasted 21 days by not even selling one. This whole thing is getting idiculous. As soon as a chop chop or older characters op up onlime they sell out in seconds. Scalpers are buying them all so we have no choice but to ebay them. Ill be glad when this is all over.
#14 Posted: 00:41:47 15/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Me too, Sarge. Me too. I have wondered if we cannot be treated like toy stores and find the distributor who sells these and just order bulk for ourselves?

I mean, if toy stores and stores in general can, why can't we get them sent to us, at our houses, as if we were the store. Hell, maybe we could sell them at cost as well.
---
Aaryana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#15 Posted: 00:43:36 15/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Me too, Sarge. Me too. I have wondered if we cannot be treated like toy stores and find the distributor who sells these and just order bulk for ourselves?

I mean, if toy stores and stores in general can, why can't we get them sent to us, at our houses, as if we were the store. Hell, maybe we could sell them at cost as well.

I would certainly be willing to pitch in on this. The amount I've time I've wasted hunting for these things is nuts.
---
New to the Skylands!
Slammer Green Sparx Gems: 496
#16 Posted: 00:52:23 15/03/2012
I have told several people on here that I am so over the driving from store to store, just to see the empty pegs. I am gonna cool it for a while. They will be readily available soon enough, and I will do all of the other levels then. It will certainly be nice when we can go into a store and get the character that we want! I need Empire of Ice and Darklight Crypt and am watching them sell for $50+ on Ebay. Insane.......
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#17 Posted: 00:54:38 15/03/2012
^Why dont you just Call?
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#18 Posted: 00:56:14 15/03/2012
Haha. Speaking of that, my dad asked me a few times why we're not able to buy a case of them. He's a Hot Wheels collector, and it's something he's done before. (Actually, K-mart does a pretty cool thing. They have "collector days" where people come in, get a ticket and then there's a raffle for the cases they have. (usually about 23 or so).

Those people that win get first dibs on anything in the case, and then they can leave the case for everyone else.

THATS what they should be doing. Or in the very least, have some way to buy them on Activision's website. Why they don't have these in an online store when they KNOW people want them is beyond me. They'd be making a killing if they supplied them in an online store. Even at the max price we've seen them for. Lets say total it'd be $16. People WILL pay that any day over the scalper prices on ebay.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#19 Posted: 01:09:38 15/03/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Haha. Speaking of that, my dad asked me a few times why we're not able to buy a case of them.

My friend works at a Gamestop, and one time he received a call from someone asking if the Gamestop had gotten any Skylanders in. Of course they had. The customer on the phone then asked for him not to open the case. The customer then went in and bought the whole case. smilie
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
#20 Posted: 01:28:34 15/03/2012
Must be nice! One Gamestop near me refuses to sell more than two characters at a time when they have them. I get it, but it sucks when they have five that I need. He is a nice guy, but dang!
#21 Posted: 01:29:56 15/03/2012
Quote: Mr-McChicken22
^Why dont you just Call?

There are four or five of the retailers that I shop, within about three miles of where I work. Not a big deal to go check on my lunch hour. If they were further, I would certainly call. The only TRU in my area is about 15 miles away, so I call. Not that they ever have any.......
#22 Posted: 01:56:59 15/03/2012
Let's do it Gamemaster. Let's open up a toy store until after Giant's is released. We can order them and sell them online to people on this forum only. Also put a limit on how many people can order. All we really need to do is start a website and figure out how to get involved in the ordering. Our warehouse could be your house lol. I will build the website and take the orders then you can be our shipping department and just take money out of our business account to pay for shipping the items lol. Or the other way around. Whatever works best for you partner. If that doesn't work maybe we can just pose as video game reviewers and have activision send us free copies of each wave to "REVIEW" lol
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#23 Posted: 02:07:29 15/03/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
Let's do it Gamemaster. Let's open up a toy store until after Giant's is released. We can order them and sell them online to people on this forum only. Also put a limit on how many people can order. All we really need to do is start a website and figure out how to get involved in the ordering. Our warehouse could be your house lol. I will build the website and take the orders then you can be our shipping department and just take money out of our business account to pay for shipping the items lol. Or the other way around. Whatever works best for you partner. If that doesn't work maybe we can just pose as video game reviewers and have activision send us free copies of each wave to "REVIEW" lol

Just go to legalzoom.com to create your business. This would be too funny if it worked. Obtaining wholesaler status will probably be the tough part.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#24 Posted: 02:08:43 15/03/2012
So, I'm sitting here with a bunch of what I would consider fairly smart individuals. Would it be a good investment to possibly become a retailer? I mean seriously. I see this market getting bigger and bigger in the future. We just need investors. I also have a game idea that could spawn along the lines of Skylanders, but would fit the kid and adult market even better...and I'm thinking in the scale of World of Warcraft level of interest. I am an industrial designer/artist...however my job has kind of stolen that career path for me. But I have a few damn genius ideas that could trump Skylanders. It would be awesome to collaborate with a bunch of people to create the next big thing. And have our own startup that could market it to a major game design company. Pipe dream, I know, but with enough smart people putting in their own time and energy, it could be a plausible thing.

Are there any creative types out there interested? I also have a twin brother who is in the process of designing an electronic toyline as well.

Or we can just open a storefront and sell. So, who do we talk to about ordering shipments of Skylanders to sell stateside? What other stuff could we sell that will net us a decent profit? Maybe we create a buy/trade/sell site to post your items similar to craigslist, but we also attach a storefront to it...kinda like half.com or Amazon market. We just need to have a rule that states items can't be sold for more than 20% markup.

Okay, I'm a bit tired, so if this all makes no sense, you know why...lol...already worked 45 hours this week...lol
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
#25 Posted: 02:50:14 15/03/2012
I see the characters selling for less and less on eBay, and have to guess that the supply and demand that would make a business worth while diminishing when the next release hits. I really expect that the characters will be flooding the market very soon. If you are looking at designing a new game, GTLW that. Super complicated and not able to give any insight there. Would be nice, but so hit or miss....
jmrothermel Green Sparx Gems: 291
#26 Posted: 02:50:53 15/03/2012
My Wal-Mart doesn't even HAVE a spot for single (non-starter kit) Skylanders! NONE!

Ive often thought several times about contacting and seeing what the upfront cost is on becoming a distributor. I'm sure it's hefty though.

I do have a legitimate business with all the licenses - although I sell kids racecar parts - I'm not sure how they'd react to that haha
#27 Posted: 03:21:03 15/03/2012
I really don't think it will be long before these are readily available, and worth no more than retail. Seriously. It would be nice, to tell you the truth.
#28 Posted: 03:47:14 15/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I talked to a top secret Walmart in my area (meaning I won't say which, incase OK scalpers are in the hizzy). They have FIFTY-FOUR on order. This person told me they could in as early as tomorrow. That's NINE boxes of single Skylanders.

EDIT: And I would become a retailer for Skylanders, if I knew I could. Sell out of house, on a website devoted to Skylanders. Call it Skylanders Central or something. I would sell at cost.

I would ANY Skylanders merch. If they ever sold Skylanders The Flamethrower, I would sell it. Skylanders the toilet paper, even.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:50:30 15/03/2012 by GameMaster78
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#29 Posted: 04:05:34 15/03/2012
I talked to a top secret Walmart in my area (meaning I won't say which, incase OK scalpers are in the hizzy). They have FIFTY-FOUR on order. This person told me they could in as early as tomorrow. That's NINE boxes of single Skylanders.

EDIT: And I would become a retailer for Skylanders, if I knew I could. Sell out of house, on a website devoted to Skylanders. Call it Skylanders Central or something. I would sell at cost.

I would ANY Skylanders merch. If they ever sold Skylanders The Flamethrower, I would sell it. Skylanders the toilet paper, even.

I don't think we will ever see a skylander toilet paper of flamethrower but we are going to see Skylanders all over the place come Christmas time.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read...akes-off/092140
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#30 Posted: 04:27:50 15/03/2012
The idea of being a dedicated Skylanders merchandiser is becoming more and more feasible, it's true. As of right now, I'm not sure there's enough figure availability to make a steady income doing it, but as the franchise continues to soar, and supply finally catches up to demand... perhaps.
#31 Posted: 04:34:19 15/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SkyDaddy

I don't think we will ever see a skylander toilet paper of flamethrower but we are going to see Skylanders all over the place come Christmas time.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read...akes-off/092140

Confirmed. Skylanders the lingerie.
---
TheFireInside Gold Sparx Gems: 2426
#32 Posted: 04:48:18 15/03/2012
there already is some apparel...I wish I got the toys r us shirts that they used to have but no longer sell, however at JC Penney's I got a Skylanders shirt with Spyro, Gill Grunt and Trigger Happy on it, and it's orange. I don't know if that's actually been shared yet or not, actually. It was in the young boys' section.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#33 Posted: 05:02:11 15/03/2012
^ I'm curious to see this shirt, I don't think that it has been posted yet but if you have time, can you post a pic? You don't have to so please don't feel obligated to do so.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#34 Posted: 05:10:40 15/03/2012
http://www.amazon.com/Skylande...t/dp/B0075VJEF4
---
#35 Posted: 05:13:00 15/03/2012
So angry today that I missed Empire of Ice on Gamestop.com today smilie
---
#36 Posted: 05:28:05 15/03/2012
^ Thanks for the link. It's an okay shirt but I would rather prefer a shirt with a single character on it like Dark Spyro or Drobot and not multiple characters unless if it was of all the dragons.

Sorry about the Empire of Ice, keep checking the site. You probably know about this already but there's an online stock checker here: Three Packs and Adventure Packs: http://www.zoolert.com/skyland...-stock-tracker/
Single Character Packs:http://www.zoolert.com/skyland...-stock-tracker/
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

The Dooms Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#37 Posted: 06:47:42 15/03/2012
Ok, now I kinda wanna see a Skylanders Movie, after seeing all the stuff that's being licensed. Kids would eat it up. And I probably would too, especially if Dreamworks got to make it.
---
Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmilie smilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmilie
Skylanders needed: smilie smilie smilie smilie
Nuku Green Sparx Gems: 230
#38 Posted: 08:20:33 15/03/2012
Quote: Slammer
Quote: Mr-McChicken22
^Why dont you just Call?

There are four or five of the retailers that I shop, within about three miles of where I work. Not a big deal to go check on my lunch hour. If they were further, I would certainly call. The only TRU in my area is about 15 miles away, so I call. Not that they ever have any.......

An employee at the TRU near me told me directly; "If anyone calls to ask for Skylanders, we just say 'no'. We can't hold them because they are a hot item and if we did have any, they'd probably be gone before they got here anyway. So it's better to just come in then to call."
#39 Posted: 08:25:30 15/03/2012
Quote: OpalOsprey
^ Thanks for the link. It's an okay shirt but I would rather prefer a shirt with a single character on it like Dark Spyro or Drobot and not multiple characters unless if it was of all the dragons.

Sorry about the Empire of Ice, keep checking the site. You probably know about this already but there's an online stock checker here: Three Packs and Adventure Packs: http://www.zoolert.com/skyland...-stock-tracker/
Single Character Packs:http://www.zoolert.com/skyland...-stock-tracker/

Thank you for these links! Helps a lot!
#40 Posted: 10:41:34 15/03/2012
Quote: xerokills

Man this makes me want to start doing fabric art again! It's been a long time since I made my last two of Spider-man and Power Puff Girls. It takes so many hours to do it by hand instead of airbrushing, but I really love they way they turn out. I wonder which Skylander I should make one of first?

If you want to see any of it, here's my Photobucket: [User Posted Image]

*edit: fixed the link - sorry about that!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:48:03 16/03/2012 by Nuku
#41 Posted: 01:01:15 16/03/2012
^ The image isn't displaying for some reason. If you do decide to make a Skylanders shirt, you should do one of your favorite character or one that doesn't have too much fine detail work and a simple color scheme to make it easier on yourself if your using silk screen.
---

#42 Posted: 01:13:47 16/03/2012
Why are they maling shirts for a gd game that nobody can buy figures for. Wave 4 is making me lose my mind. One morning Im going to take all my skylanders. 2 of every one unopened, ds starter pack, xbox, ps3, metallic cynder, 3 bobbly stylus and the real or fake dark spyro single pack and set them on fire or throw them in the trash or run over them with my car and ship the pieces to activision saying thanks but no thanks I want a refund for all of this crap you sold me because Id have to buy all my figures on ebay anyways. Their products and advertising is misleading saying something is out when it isnt and promoting 32 skylanders when you walk into a store and cant even buy one unless u send half your life calling places and camping out at the door til they open. No thank you activision. Go F yourself. Lol I feel a little better now. Haha!
#43 Posted: 01:16:16 16/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Yikes.
---
#44 Posted: 02:08:49 16/03/2012
GM, maybe you should send him your cliff jumping post.
---
#45 Posted: 02:37:45 16/03/2012
^ smilie Good one! I'm having the feeling that this is going to be Fahrenheit 451: Skylanders Addition.
---

chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#46 Posted: 02:37:47 16/03/2012
There is an Aussie on a forum who just publicly declared that he has just sold his entire SL collection off as he is sick of the whole venture now.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#47 Posted: 02:39:37 16/03/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
There is an Aussie on a forum who just publicly declared that he has just sold his entire SL collection off as he is sick of the whole venture now.

I honestly can't blame the guy.
---
#48 Posted: 02:43:54 16/03/2012
^ I might do the same thing if Giants doesn't improve. All of my characters are open unfortunately.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:44:31 16/03/2012 by OpalOsprey
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#49 Posted: 02:48:41 16/03/2012
Don't fret, a decent collection, even if open, still beckons a fair price on ExpenseBay.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#50 Posted: 05:21:14 16/03/2012
I think all of us could fetch our value back on our skylanders if we sold them right now. I plan to give em to my brother's kid, and then to my kid though in the future. smilie Just as I plan to have them play Super Nintendo before they play xbox 360. smilie
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me