Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 39 of 49 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 47 48 49
Anime
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#1901 Posted: 16:50:17 27/03/2016
I finished watching Gate, and it was amazing, even though it was curb-stomping and all. Since I'm into the whole Fantasy genre, I also tried Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, and I was a lil disappointed because they're so ****ing weak and all.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:52:36 27/03/2016 by Ghakimx
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#1902 Posted: 21:13:30 27/03/2016
Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel is finally getting a release date.
It will be a trilogy of movies, the first starting in 2017.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...g&nohtml5=False
[User Posted Image]

Fate/Extra - Last Encore is getting an anime in 2017
It is being produced by Shaft, the same studio behind Madoka Magica and the Monogatari series.
They also made the opening for the game Fate/Extra CCC
Which it seems that Nero Saber will be the focus of this series, so us Archer or Caster fans weep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...M&nohtml5=False
[User Posted Image]
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:39:47 10/04/2016 by DragonCamo
#1903 Posted: 19:57:36 06/04/2016
I will give that a try.

BTW, why don't we all share our Myanimelist account while we're at it? Mine is exactly the same username here.
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#1904 Posted: 22:53:09 06/04/2016
ugh idk if I'd wanna see the fate series produced by shaft

they'll just make everyone tilt their heads and there will be lots of shots with characters standing there talking with wind blowing..
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4440
#1905 Posted: 01:23:57 07/04/2016
I am very confused by Mirai Nikki/Future Diary. Does Yuno like Yukiteru or not? .-.
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
#1906 Posted: 03:05:38 07/04/2016
^she likes him shes just really weird
#1907 Posted: 03:17:48 07/04/2016
Okay, that made my view on the anime better.

But why did she want to kill 2nd world Yuki and go to 3rd world Yuki? Yes, I checked the wikipedia,
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
#1908 Posted: 03:29:37 07/04/2016
Quote: Eevee88
Okay, that made my view on the anime better.

But why did she want to kill 2nd world Yuki and go to 3rd world Yuki? Yes, I checked the wikipedia,

She understands that someone needs to win the game in order for that world to survive. She also knows that Yukki will not kill her, so she deduces that she must kill him. In order to still be with him seeing how she cannot bring back the dead, she wants to go to another universe, the 3rd universe, and live life with Yukki again, knowing that the same fate will befall them.

Yuno is the yandere queen
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#1909 Posted: 03:31:31 07/04/2016
Woah. She is.

Good thing they live together in the Second World in Redial.
---
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11327
#1910 Posted: 05:34:38 07/04/2016
I still watching Gate epiodes 1
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
#1911 Posted: 18:22:27 07/04/2016
Gate is awesome. Though you'll need to understand a lot of politics to appreciate the writing.

Also, it's probably the most recent anime with the trope of "curb-stomping". Like really, 100,000 hostiles killed, no casualties.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#1912 Posted: 09:50:11 08/04/2016
the ace attorney episode aired

it's pretty neat check it out
---
My life is complete.
#1913 Posted: 19:54:47 08/04/2016
Some people say AA anime is trash.
#1914 Posted: 01:53:04 11/04/2016
eh it ain't too bad

but Boku no Hero Academia, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, and Re: Zero are pretty hard to top so it's pretty forgettable because of those three imo
#1915 Posted: 05:24:20 12/04/2016
Ok so I have like, a list of anime I want to watch this season
Re: Zero
KIZNAIVER
Bungo Stray Dogs
Big Order

Also still want to watch
Myriad Colors Phantom World
God Eater
Baccano!
---
Gay 4 GARcher
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#1916 Posted: 04:30:01 13/04/2016
I love my hero academia
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#1917 Posted: 18:42:20 13/04/2016
IS HENTAI AN ANIME????
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 10006
#1918 Posted: 16:30:18 15/04/2016
Sekkou Boys was actually a 10/10 anime, I hope there's more content in the future
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Bimle Ripto Gems: 135
#1919 Posted: 07:25:24 26/04/2016
I don't think anime is that great. But i do watch "Hunter X Hunter 2011" currently. I did used to watch more anime in the past though.
#1920 Posted: 23:59:56 26/04/2016
Both the future chapter and the despair chapter of Danganronpa 3 will air simultaneously in July.
[User Posted Image]
---
Gay 4 GARcher
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#1921 Posted: 09:58:17 27/04/2016
yeeeeee

why do some people look different? Is it just the design or is this taking place at another time then the one set in the game
---
My life is complete.
#1922 Posted: 12:33:04 27/04/2016
Quote: MagicFizz
yeeeeee

why do some people look different? Is it just the design or is this taking place at another time then the one set in the game

The despair chapter is set before the events of Danganronpa 2. It showcases their decent into despair
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#1923 Posted: 16:51:26 27/04/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I stumbled onto the Wikipedia page for Darker Than Black and it says it was recieved really well. Plus, it's from the same studio as Space Dandy, which I've been meaning to get to. Has anyone here watched the former? Opinions?

I didn't finish it but I watched the first half of Darker than Black and I didn't really find it very entertaining.
The MC basically just beats everyone at the end of each story and they keep introducing new characters that I didn't really care about with each story.
I liked the MC though, and I liked the little detective team that gets introduced midway but they really don't do much at all...

I think it was mainly because the show wasn't really my cup of tea though since everyone seems to like it. Or maybe it picks up after the halfway point. I wouldn't know since I never got to the point where the opening changes lol
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1924 Posted: 00:34:18 04/05/2016
So I finished watching The Seven Deadly Sins and it was... okay I guess?

The show has a lot of issues with its tone and writing. It seems like it's trying to settle inbetween being a more serious anime and a more over-the-top ridiculous one. But the show never really manages to strike a balance between this because the tone changes so quickly and so often. It really seems like the show is having an identity crisis because of how poorly the show tries to balance this writing. Not to mention there are tons of plotholes and very rarely do any explanations behind anything make sense or have any logic behind them.

The show also REALLY falters with its main protagonists in my opinion. Meliodas might be one of the worst protagonists I've seen in any anime I've watched thus far, possibly even in entertainment in general. The character of Meliodas is never really explained that much, and when it is, it's either through the backstories of other characters, or it's expressed so quickly that you don't have time to become attached to Meliodas as a character. It makes his personality and character as a whole confusing because of not only this, but the issues the show already has with its tone. And Princess Elizabeth is just as bad to me. She already has the trope of being the typical damsel in distress, but she has similar problems that Meliodas has. Her character is never really elaborated on much like Meliodas, and her more emotional scenes with her family also happen so quickly that you don't get time to connect. Her only real character trait that I noticed is just her admiring how awesome and great Meliodas is(which, as I said, he really isn't), and the chemistry she and Meliodas have is just unbearable. Very rarely do the two characters actually try to get to know one another. The vast majority of the time, they're either more concerned with finding the other Seven Deadly Sins, or Meliodas gropes Elizabeth(which got REALLY old after a while). And then there's Hawk, who is basically just your typical comic relief character. He's harmless, and I did like the humor he brought, but at the same time it's not like the entire series would crash and burn because he isn't in it.

The biggest strength this show had was in its side characters. Even the most unneeded of the rest of the cast still has a much better character than the leads. And that's because the side characters take their time in developing, some even getting entire episodes based around them. And because of it, you can understand characters like Ban, King, and Diane. You understand the motivation of these characters, as well as other characters like Gilthunder, Howzer, Guila, and Jericho. It becomes clear that some characters are far better characterized and written than others(Goather immediately comes to mind when it comes to the show's bad supporting characters), but there was at least an effort to give every character in the show motivation, even the lead characters to a certain degree. The animation in the show is excellent, looking pretty and fluent throughout the entire season, and the music is absolutely fantastic. The music in the show itself is great, even if it isn't really memorable, and the openings for the show are some of the best I've seen for an anime.

I'm very middle of the road on The Seven Deadly Sins. I don't think the show is BAD by any means, since I'm looking forward to the second season after all, but I also don't think it's good enough that I'll be super pumped or excited to see the next season almost immediately. So if nothing else I'd recommend it for the supporting cast and deuteragonists alone.

When I find the time I'll go more in-depth with the supporting cast and possibly spoilers.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:56:48 04/05/2016 by pankakesparx456
#1925 Posted: 04:41:48 04/05/2016
Literally what the **** Space Patrol Luluco
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#1926 Posted: 10:09:38 04/05/2016
I watched the Star Fox Zero anime
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
#1927 Posted: 12:20:00 04/05/2016
I was reading spoilers for Fairy Tail cause WHY NOT! And I found out the cutest thing, IMO.

Lucy and Natsu get married and have a child named Nashi. So cute~
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1928 Posted: 23:19:52 05/05/2016
Quote: DragonCamo
Literally what the **** Space Patrol Luluco

- - -
---
Cool cool.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1929 Posted: 10:57:54 07/05/2016
I have an idea for a slice-of-life anime inspired by Azumanga Daioh! Melissa McCarthy is an American teacher who moves to Japan and teaches a high school class but she's not the only one as there are many foreign exchange students including a gay Irish girl, an African-American girl, a tall strong yet quite and polite Amazon princess, a Muslim girl from Yorkshire and the last main character is a Japanese girl with short black hair who also a hermaphrodite.

This an all-female cast by the way 'cus that's how it usually works. Despite the descriptions of each character, they're not stereotypes of their ethnicity or any high school slice-of-life trope. Instead, they all get into more like Gintama meets It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia like accidentally killing a businessman and hiding the body, get into drag races, they find themselves tangled up with yakuzas, political satire like that crying politician who spent tax money on himself and challenge the typical Japanese conformity that doesn't equal harmony.

The nails are upside down and the hammer breaks upon impact! That's the tagline for the show.

All I need is a name for the show now.

P.S. I'm trying to single out Japan as satire will go beyond it with modern day society around the world and the entertainment industry.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:05:47 07/05/2016 by StevemacQ
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1930 Posted: 12:44:45 07/05/2016
Quote: StevemacQ
I have an idea for a slice-of-life anime inspired by Azumanga Daioh! Melissa McCarthy is an American teacher who moves to Japan and teaches a high school class but she's not the only one as there are many foreign exchange students including a gay Irish girl, an African-American girl, a tall strong yet quite and polite Amazon princess, a Muslim girl from Yorkshire and the last main character is a Japanese girl with short black hair who also a hermaphrodite.

This an all-female cast by the way 'cus that's how it usually works. Despite the descriptions of each character, they're not stereotypes of their ethnicity or any high school slice-of-life trope. Instead, they all get into more like Gintama meets It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia like accidentally killing a businessman and hiding the body, get into drag races, they find themselves tangled up with yakuzas, political satire like that crying politician who spent tax money on himself and challenge the typical Japanese conformity that doesn't equal harmony.

The nails are upside down and the hammer breaks upon impact! That's the tagline for the show.

All I need is a name for the show now.

P.S. I'm trying to single out Japan as satire will go beyond it with modern day society around the world and the entertainment industry.

This actually sounds like a good idea, man! I don't know what I'd call it... Probably something like "Average Day" or "Everyday Life". I'm not good with titles.
#1931 Posted: 03:06:38 10/05/2016
I was reading spoilers for Fairy Tail cause WHY NOT! And I found out the cutest thing, IMO.

yeah that's fake currently in the manga there is a war going on.
---
#1932 Posted: 19:34:45 11/05/2016
Quote: shroom boom

yeah that's fake currently in the manga there is a war going on.

Its confirmed by the creator tho ;-;
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1933 Posted: 03:28:06 07/06/2016
Anyone else watching Kiznaiver?
#1934 Posted: 04:31:41 08/06/2016
Quote: Darby

I really want to. Is it good so far?
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 10006
#1935 Posted: 00:59:27 09/06/2016
I finally got around to watching the Fate series. I don't know why I waited so long to get into it.
I've only seen the original /SN anime and /Zero. Original /SN is...okay. /Zero is amazing though.
I just started UBW today (not the movie), I'm really excited to see how it goes.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#1936 Posted: 03:25:56 09/06/2016
I'm binge watching Soul eater this weekend.
Any tips for a better binge?
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#1937 Posted: 03:33:06 09/06/2016
Appearantly the English Dub person that played Ichigo from Bleach is the same person that plays Nate Adams in Youkai Watch Dub....Welp, good thing I like the Sub for Youkai Watch! smilie
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1938 Posted: 16:26:54 09/06/2016
Quote: DragonCamo
Quote: Darby

I really want to. Is it good so far?

I really enjoy it!!! It's got your typical anime stereotypes as characters but I love them all.... There's a lot of relationship drama currently going on which seems to be turning a bunch of people away though so if that's not your thing, consider that a warning. Nonetheless, I really am liking it.
Bimle Ripto Gems: 135
#1939 Posted: 21:41:26 09/06/2016
I like me some Japanese cartoon. Hunter X Hunter 2011, and soon done seeing Naruto Shippuden. About time but its exciting atleast!
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1940 Posted: 10:53:28 19/06/2016
Naruto is poopbutt for dumb-dumbs with annoying blondes, mean faux action girls, whiny emos, ninjas being loud and not silent and nothing but filler because anime executives are impatient. "Let's adapt a manga series that's barely started and make filler whenever we catch up." This was something Bleach the anime would gleefully embrace, much to the disgust for everyone.

Now that the Naruto manga is finished, surely this means no more filler for the Naruto Shippiden anime, right? OF COURSE NOT because there's gonna be a Boruto manga, meaning a Boruto anime will come after. More annoying blonde ninjas and Sasuke being a bad man while still feeling sorry for himself.

It never ends!
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#1941 Posted: 01:50:35 21/06/2016
have anyone of use seen Re:Zero? its great
---
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1942 Posted: 14:58:54 21/06/2016
Finished Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and now I'm watching No Game No Life.
I'm also planning on catching up with some of the new anime this season *is behind on Kiznaiver, Maiyoga, Bakuon, Endride, and Tanaka-kun is Listless* *looks side-to-side*
---
Bring the Fanta
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6442
#1943 Posted: 18:26:44 21/06/2016
Well just started watching full metal alchemist on netflix but I m asking is the original necessary or I can go straight to brotherhood?Also as a 20 years old girl am I too old for anime and cartoons like that because I also started legend of korra and wonder if I should stop.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1944 Posted: 18:43:33 21/06/2016
Quote: fyra
Well just started watching full metal alchemist on netflix but I m asking is the original necessary or I can go straight to brotherhood?Also as a 20 years old girl am I too old for anime and cartoons like that because I also started legend of korra and wonder if I should stop.

The original is a different storyline and apparently strays to original content at about the halfway point (not certain, as I haven't seen it). I started at Brotherhood as it is more faithful to the manga, and is considered by many to be the better version.
TLDR: It's fine to skip straight to Brotherhood, as it is a separate series.
---
Bring the Fanta
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6442
#1945 Posted: 20:47:25 21/06/2016
Thanks I will skip it and watch the second series.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:47:50 21/06/2016 by fyra
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#1946 Posted: 23:52:46 21/06/2016
I'm watching Hell Girl again and I forgot how much I enjoyed it, though some episodes are super hard to watch! I stopped at the beginning of the second season years ago and I don't know why, so I'm rewatching it.
After that, I might restart Higurashi. I stopped somewhere there too for some reason years ago. After that, I don't know. Still not generally a huge fan of anime for multiple reasons, but some are definitely great.

Quote: fyra
Also as a 20 years old girl am I too old for anime and cartoons like that because I also started legend of korra and wonder if I should stop.

Not at all! You can't really be "too old" to enjoy cartoons and anime in general; it isn't childish to like them. Anyone who'd tell you that it's childish clearly has no idea how inappropriate cartoons and anime can be and how lots of them shouldn't be watched by children in the first place. Or maybe they're projecting. But yeah, there's no shame in liking cartoons like The Legend of Korra at an older age; it has a pretty big adult following, for good reason too. smilie
---
but i love it all smooth
#1947 Posted: 17:49:21 26/06/2016
Quote: shroom boom
have anyone of use seen Re:Zero? its great

its my favorite this season along with jojo
#1948 Posted: 23:51:01 27/06/2016
WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL IS SPACE PATROL LULUCO JESUS CHRIST
---
Gay 4 GARcher
First | Previous | Page 39 of 49 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 47 48 49

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me