Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 31 of 49 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 47 48 49
Anime
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#1501 Posted: 18:11:17 20/04/2015
Quote: shroom boom
i think most dub haters are just english hating weeaboos

Quite likely....

Quote: DarkCynder_543
^ lol true

my current major struggle on tumblr: no when i look up soul eater i mean the actual character not the show dammit

Try his full name maybe? Soul Eater Evans

Finished PMMM, skipped the first 2 movies since I heard they're just recaps of the series and watched Rebellion. That ending.... like wtf Homura! I watched the dub and didn't mind it.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:15:43 20/04/2015 by Seiki
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#1502 Posted: 19:44:10 20/04/2015
Quote: Seiki
Quote: shroom boom
i think most dub haters are just english hating weeaboos

Quite likely....

^ lol true

my current major struggle on tumblr: no when i look up soul eater i mean the actual character not the show dammit

Try his full name maybe? Soul Eater Evans

Finished PMMM, skipped the first 2 movies since I heard they're just recaps of the series and watched Rebellion. That ending.... like wtf Homura! I watched the dub and didn't mind it.

BUT THE FIRST TWO MOVIE'S ANIMATION IS AMAZING AND THE 2ND MOVIE HAS LONGER SCENES.
Plus a non pitched version of this:

And the endings on them both are great.

tbh though Yuki Yuna is a Hero has a darker concept for magical girls. I prefer Madoka though because of Homura.
Day Break Illusion is also a dark magical girl series. It's just more 'bloody'. It's not as good but I still enjoyed it.

Despite those darker series more characters have still permanently died in Precure...

Quote: AvatariDragon
Angel Beats though
Clannad though

;w;

They are soooo overrated.
Angel Beats was good yeah, but it tried too hard to try and make you cry so you just ended up thinking "Oh ffs" and not feel sad at all. The end was sad, that's it.

Clannad however is boring as sin. I'm trying to get through After Story.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:51:56 20/04/2015 by Ice Dragoness
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1503 Posted: 04:32:35 21/04/2015
Madoka's soundtrack is a godsend, especially Rebellion Story's (insert heart eyes emoji)
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#1504 Posted: 04:37:54 21/04/2015
I'm gonna watch Nichijou
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1505 Posted: 04:53:09 21/04/2015
Quote: Darby
Madoka's soundtrack is a godsend, especially Rebellion Story's (insert heart eyes emoji)

I completely agree.
#1506 Posted: 04:54:49 21/04/2015
Quote: Darby

Oh yes. Love the opening and I think it's called Nightmare Ballet especially. Really the only one I didn't like that much was the main ending. XP
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#1507 Posted: 06:02:10 21/04/2015
Quote: Ice Dragoness
Angel Beats was good yeah, but it tried too hard to try and make you cry so you just ended up thinking "Oh ffs" and not feel sad at all. The end was sad, that's it.

I thought they were great ._.
I cried like a baby after watching both lolol
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Sky-Glaceon10 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1910
#1508 Posted: 07:20:57 22/04/2015

I haven't watched Angel Beats, but I have watched both seasons of Clannad. Trust me, After Story gets better. Just keep watching it because I was feeling the same when I first watched it too. I don't even know how I managed to get through the first season because it was so utterly boring and bland, but After Story really made up for it (or, at least, the second half of After Story).
---
"A Zone greater than Zone." Aomine Daiki - 2015
Ask me stuff I guess.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#1509 Posted: 23:24:40 24/04/2015
Finished The Devil is a Part-Timer
It was fairly entertaining but not something I'd go weeaboo over like many of the kids at my school think. The humor for the most part was pretty hilarious, although at other times I didn't really get it. The OP and Ending are....eeeeeehhhhhhh at best. Other than that, I enjoyed it and plan on getting the remaining Manga volumes when they become available.
8/10 fo u
---
Gay 4 GARcher
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#1510 Posted: 02:09:06 25/04/2015
Trailer for live action AOT.
#1511 Posted: 02:37:53 25/04/2015
Quote: somePerson

[User Posted Image]
I'm not very excited for this. I'll give it a chance as it kinda looks good, but i don't have very high expectations
---
Gay 4 GARcher
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1512 Posted: 04:10:56 25/04/2015
apparently there's going to be a kuroko no basket live action movie or something. i have no idea how that would work.

the same image also implied that: (spoilers for knb extra game and possibly anime only knb fans)
Chapter 3 of Extra Game will have Akashi in the spotlight. It seems unfair that the other GoM aren't getting the same treatment (or each chapter could have a focus on them but Akashi is just first, but I didn't think the match could last that long and if it does then it's going to be tedious). But then again it's not surprising considering how popular Akashi is (he's even more popular than the MC). I honestly think it's suprising though since I thought that of all characters, it would be Aomine who would get the spotlight when it's not Kuroko or Kagami. But considering Akashi is my faovurite KnB character and also one of my favourite fictional characters, I'm not gonna lie, I'm completely satisfied with this news and it brightened up my day after being upset over homestuck updates lol. I'm completely okay with it if this is true information, and would be upset if it turned out to be fake. xD
Also Akashi is honestly the only character who still has issues to be sorted like the DID problem, so there's also that. But unfortunately I'm 99% sure the chapter won't focus on those issues as much as I want it to. Maybe it's going to focus on Akashi's greatness and owning Nash lmao.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#1513 Posted: 21:02:16 25/04/2015

I'll watch it. I'm not expecting it to be great, but I'll watch it.

---

Just finished Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and I love it so much omg ;w;
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1514 Posted: 00:25:40 26/04/2015
I've been watching a few animes over the past few months.

I'd say my favourite animes (in order) are probably Stein's;Gate, Full Metal Panic (the entire three seasons - even though they are technically different shows), FMA: Brotherhood, and Code Geass. They have a good balance of everything I like really. All dubbed too.

I also like Rock Lee and his Ninja Pals, Sonic X (Subbed), F-Zero: The Legend of Falcon (Subbed), and Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#1515 Posted: 00:39:34 26/04/2015
I'm not sure what I want to watch next
Currently, I'm set to watch Stein's;Gate or Terror in Resonance
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#1516 Posted: 01:46:34 26/04/2015
Quote: DragonCamo
I'm not sure what I want to watch next
Currently, I'm set to watch Stein's;Gate or Terror in Resonance

Either one's good. Both of them will suddenly leave you bawling with no warning whatsoever on the 11th episode.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#1517 Posted: 11:24:27 26/04/2015

I'm not particularly excited for this, but I might watch it because I love AoT.
---
Ask me stuff I guess.
Pumpkin Witch Green Sparx Gems: 333
#1518 Posted: 17:34:06 26/04/2015
Has any1 watched bleach?
---
I can count. 1 2 skip a few 99 100
#1519 Posted: 04:19:39 29/04/2015
They got a director for the Death Note movie. He is pretty unknown.
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#1520 Posted: 03:15:31 30/04/2015
Lol did anyone see the new naruto manga

It's kinda funny tbh lol
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9994
#1521 Posted: 23:31:27 30/04/2015
Quote: Ninpire
Lol did anyone see the new naruto manga

It's kinda funny tbh lol

Sakura is a mess
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#1522 Posted: 11:13:56 01/05/2015
^ lmao Sakura is becoming worse and worse of a character. Sakura and Sasuke were the worse things about Naruto and I've always wanted them both to just... die in a hole lol. I've never understood Sasuke's popularity.
The only new character I like is Sarada (I hate her name though. wtf why freaking salad. And Boruto sounds like burrito). I can see myself reading it just for her, the possible Naruhina moments and the slim chance of Gaara appearing (he was the only thing I liked about the Naruto manga besides Naruhina lmao).

calling it now borutoxsarada is going to be canon at the end of this new manga.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:16:55 01/05/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#1523 Posted: 01:31:36 02/05/2015
sasukes fighting style is just cool

thats all there is to it
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1524 Posted: 01:51:37 02/05/2015
Just started Hunter X Hunter a few days ago. On episode 25. Pretty good so far smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
#1525 Posted: 01:57:17 02/05/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Just started Hunter X Hunter a few days ago. On episode 25. Pretty good so far smilie

IT GETS BETTER

EPISODE 52 IS AMAZING

or somewhere around there
i dont remember
its 50 something
but yeah that arc and the second to last arc is really good you'll love it especially if youre satisfied with what youve seen already
#1526 Posted: 02:13:18 02/05/2015
^ lmao Sakura is becoming worse and worse of a character. Sakura and Sasuke were the worse things about Naruto and I've always wanted them both to just... die in a hole lol. I've never understood Sasuke's popularity.
The only new character I like is Sarada (I hate her name though. wtf why freaking salad. And Boruto sounds like burrito). I can see myself reading it just for her, the possible Naruhina moments and the slim chance of Gaara appearing (he was the only thing I liked about the Naruto manga besides Naruhina lmao).

calling it now borutoxsarada is going to be canon at the end of this new manga.

I don't understand why those two got married since the whole thing was terribly one sided ? Like Sasuke has never liked Sakura's presence even as a child and he's tried to kill her multiple times

And what's hilarious is that Sarada might not even be Sakura's daughter, she looks a lot more like Karin

I think Boruto is more like Bolt
Though I like to call him Burrito omg

Gaara is one of the few characters that I actually like in the series
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#1527 Posted: 03:28:22 02/05/2015
^ I've never understood it ether lol.
And considering the fact that Karin was in that Sakura/Sasuke photo too but was hidden and how she looks a lot like Sarada, I think the fact that Sarada isn't related to Sakura is what's being implied. Which makes Sakura (and Sasuke) even more screwed up, and the relationship itself is a freaking mess.

lmao the only reason why I kept an interest Naruto is only because of Gaara. It's the main reason why I actually enjoyed seasons 1 - 2 the most, then completely lost interest until he showed up and became relevant again. He's actually one of my favourite anime characters (he's like the only one who had a ****load of character development lol). Other than Gaara, I'm not a fan of the show at all. Although I guess Hinata, Shikamaru and Kakashi are pretty cool too.
And tbh I actually only watched the show in the first place because of it airing on Cartoon Network so I was just like 'eh why not I have nothing better to do'.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:33:54 02/05/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#1528 Posted: 04:05:58 02/05/2015
honestly naruto is actually really good it's just that it's so filled with fillers it's pathetic

The fact they're still putting in fillers even after the manga ended is just ridiculous

That's why I liked Hunter x Hunter so much. It's completely filler free.

**** fillers
#1529 Posted: 04:35:06 02/05/2015
^ I've never understood it ether lol.
And considering the fact that Karin was in that Sakura/Sasuke photo too but was hidden and how she looks a lot like Sarada, I think the fact that Sarada isn't related to Sakura is what's being implied. Which makes Sakura (and Sasuke) even more screwed up, and the relationship itself is a freaking mess.

lmao the only reason why I kept an interest Naruto is only because of Gaara. It's the main reason why I actually enjoyed seasons 1 - 2 the most, then completely lost interest until he showed up and became relevant again. He's actually one of my favourite anime characters (he's like the only one who had a ****load of character development lol). Other than Gaara, I'm not a fan of the show at all. Although I guess Hinata, Shikamaru and Kakashi are pretty cool too.
And tbh I actually only watched the show in the first place because of it airing on Cartoon Network so I was just like 'eh why not I have nothing better to do'.

Yeah I have a feeling she's more Karin's daughter than Sakura's daughter
It was annoying how she responded when Sarada asked her about it though

He's definitely the most interesting character out of the story
Oh god I didn't bother with the anime I hear it's so terrible (as bad as the story already is). Especially with all of the filler. I just stick to the manga.
Kakashi is really cool
I also really like Rock Lee and Jiraiya
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#1530 Posted: 04:44:21 02/05/2015
okay i'm not going to lie i actually gave up watching the show somewhere in shippuden (and it kind of stopped airing on CN so that's also another reason). imo it was only enjoyable in the 1 & 2 season. i kind of just read the ending just because i wanted to see how it ended, and considering the ending is rather ****ty and the last chapter feels like a shipping fanfiction i'm glad i didn't spend anymore time on the series.

i will never forgive the author for what he did to gaara's hair in the last chapter. that was so awful. naruto's hairstyle is terrible too. imo he also screwed up naruto's kids with there character design but i don't really want to go there.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:47:00 02/05/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#1531 Posted: 04:56:01 02/05/2015
Quote: Ninpire
honestly naruto is actually really good it's just that it's so filled with fillers it's pathetic

The fact they're still putting in fillers even after the manga ended is just ridiculous

That's why I liked Hunter x Hunter so much. It's completely filler free.

**** fillers

I know the feeling.... Growing bored of the One Piece anime because of fillers. Bad enough Water 7 arc is as long as it is, it so does not need fillers in the middle. Still enjoy the manga.

With Naruto I can barely tell where filler ends and real stuff begins, just know the last season before Shippuden was entirely filler bull**** and it was supposed to end having Naruto go off with Jiraya about right after he got his ass handed to him by Sasuke during the fight at the waterfall.

Kakashi is my fav character. Watched it when I was in Jr High and it was on CN thinking it was awesome, but now I know there's better anime out there... I watch Shippuden on Toonami, but I think I'm in the middle of another filler thing, at least the arc is boring like filler, and might just give up and try to read the manga online.

Bleach was horrible with fillers too, stop in the middle of a bad ass fight scene to have 2 consecutive bull**** filler arcs no one gave a **** about then jump back into the battle that was paused with the viewer completely forgetting what the original point of the fight even was.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:00:29 02/05/2015 by Seiki
#1532 Posted: 17:52:10 02/05/2015
Amagi Brilliant Park was pretty neat
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#1533 Posted: 01:06:44 03/05/2015
^Yeah, Amagi Brilliant Park was really good. It's a shame not many people know about it though. I'm really looking forward to the OVA.
---
Ask me stuff I guess.
#1534 Posted: 02:04:59 03/05/2015
Quote: Sky-Glaceon10
^Yeah, Amagi Brilliant Park was really good. It's a shame not many people know about it though. I'm really looking forward to the OVA.

Omg yeeess
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#1535 Posted: 23:37:08 06/05/2015

Hyped so much.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1536 Posted: 03:00:18 13/05/2015
Anyone got any recommendations? I've been wanting to start something new, but I haven't been able to think of anything definite.

Last thing I got off watching was Code Geass, which is definitely a new favourite. In general, I tend to like anime that are more about the use of intellect and clever plots with well developed characters than the "LET'S FIGHTING LOVE" kind or the super adorable kind. Steins;Gate is probably my favourite anime. Of course, a mix of everything, like FMA: Brotherhood, is always great too.

I was thinking of watching something comedy oriented for a change of pace. Like Space Dandy or something. Was also thinking on just watching the original FMA.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#1537 Posted: 05:12:41 13/05/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Anyone got any recommendations? I've been wanting to start something new, but I haven't been able to think of anything definite.

Last thing I got off watching was Code Geass, which is definitely a new favourite. In general, I tend to like anime that are more about the use of intellect and clever plots with well developed characters than the "LET'S FIGHTING LOVE" kind or the super adorable kind. Steins;Gate is probably my favourite anime. Of course, a mix of everything, like FMA: Brotherhood, is always great too.

I was thinking of watching something comedy oriented for a change of pace. Like Space Dandy or something. Was also thinking on just watching the original FMA.

Is this a Zombie? can be pretty funny while not being pure comedy and having action episodes with plot going on. Sadly it is currently incomplete with the prospect of a third season questionable and leaves off with things very unfinished.

Durarara!! Is another cool one that has a well-rounded cast of characters that all have different things going on that all interlock together to form a fascinating plot.

I'd suggest Deadman Wonderland, but it suffers the same fate as Is this a Zombie? being only 1 season and never getting a second as it was more popular in the US than in Japan. The manga is complete however, so if you're up for reading manga, go for it.
---
#1538 Posted: 07:07:45 13/05/2015

Okay it seems like you have a taste similar to mine, since I prefer those types of anime rather than the typical ones. I definitely recommend Durarara, which is more about the characters and their interactions within a fictional Ikebukuro. It has a really great cast, and there may not seem like an actual plot at first, but it's certainly there and it's rather clever. I reckon you will like it because it matches everything that you've said. :)
Baccano is written by the same author as Durarara, and is apparently better than Durarara. I've yet to watch it myself, but if it's the same author than it's bound to be just as great.

And yeah Space Dandy is perfect if you want a comedy.
---
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#1539 Posted: 07:56:18 13/05/2015
For humour with a cast of well developed characters, Noragami and Natsume's book of Friends are definitely worth a look. They're both supernatural animes, but Noragami focuses more on the fighting/dead people side of the supernatural stuff, while Natsume more focusses on the actual social effects of being able to see spirits your whole life. And they're both about kids who just wanted to make friends.

Natsume also has the most accurate depiction of a cat I've ever seen in anything ever.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#1540 Posted: 02:07:35 14/05/2015

Hunter x Hunter !!!

It's a long running shonen anime like naruto, bleach, one piece, etc
But it's not really like "I LOVE TO FIGHT" but it's more like the main character has a specific goal and stuff happens along the way

But it's really amazing as once the series energy system shows up, it goes from cool action scenes to them actually knowing what the hell they're doing and it's just really good

Yorknew city arc and chimera ant arcs are the best, but the rest of the series is pretty good too

Note: the first arc is probably the one of the worst, so you might have to endure that for a bit if you want to see the good stuff, but it's by no means bad
#1541 Posted: 02:50:48 14/05/2015
Has anyone seen Shugo Chara?
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#1542 Posted: 17:10:12 14/05/2015

I know what it's about but haven't seen it.

Most say the first season is really good and the second season isn't.
#1543 Posted: 19:44:09 14/05/2015

You should watch it sometime!

I don't really have a problem with the second season, it's the third season that gets annoying at times. The show isn't awful as a whole though, but I suppose I kind of have a soft spot for it since it was the first anime series I really watched from beginning to end lol
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#1544 Posted: 07:47:10 15/05/2015

I don't really have a problem with the second season, it's the third season that gets annoying at times. The show isn't awful as a whole though, but I suppose I kind of have a soft spot for it since it was the first anime series I really watched from beginning to end lol

I've read the manga, if that counts. :)

The manga >>> the anime.
---
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11327
#1545 Posted: 07:56:18 15/05/2015
I watching bleach season 1 and 2 in english dub.
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
#1546 Posted: 13:36:04 15/05/2015

I've read the manga, if that counts. smilie

The manga >>> the anime.

Yay!! smilie

I've been meaning to read it >.<
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#1547 Posted: 16:18:08 17/05/2015
YES
Dark Horse Manga Licenses Dangan Ronpa The Animationn manga :DDDDDDDDD
I can finally read it! (if it's in stores...) Now I just need someone to license Danganronpa/Zero and my life will be complete....

BTW, it is Dangan Ronpa The Animation Manga. There is a difference.
The manga follows the original story line, but instead of being from Naegi's viewpoint, it switches between first the murdered and then the murderers.

Edit: I'm gonna start watching Baccano! and I was wondering if anyone recommends the dub or sub. I've been on a dub streak for a while and it's just easier when i try to finish an anime. Not that I have anything against sub or dub. I'm fine with watching either.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:06:49 17/05/2015 by DragonCamo
#1548 Posted: 01:38:50 18/05/2015
^ The Baccano dub is apparently really good.
---
#1549 Posted: 02:32:14 18/05/2015
Baccano is kind of confusing to watch in intervals so I suggest you just binge it

Like they just jump from the end to the beginning to the in between to the climax it's just confusing

The dub is fine btw
#1550 Posted: 09:21:34 20/05/2015
omg aaahhhh I'm so happy, and yet surprised, by how the latest Attack on Titan popularity poll turned out. I was expecting Mikasa to come second, with Erin third and Armin and Jean in a very low place. The Japanese proved me wrong, and I like their taste in characters. :)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co...ity-poll/.86828

Honestly though. I've always thought that Mikasa was a fan favourite so Armin being one place above her with twice the amount of votes was very surprising to me. And Zoe and Jean getting 5th and 4th place respectively were really surprising. I'm so happy that those characters are finally getting the recognition they deserve. Erwin getting second was surprising, but it's good to see that he's getting more love to, since he's a pretty good character. Levi coming first was no surprise, but he is a good character who's out of the stereotypical norms of the typical 'serious/cold/emo' type so I'm not complaining. Now all we need is Historia to get more love, since I've been REALLY loving her lately. :')

Although Sasha not even getting a placing was quite weird. I thought she was a huge fan favourite.

I'm hoping that future merchandises will change now and stop leaving out Armin, now that Japanese fans now like him.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:26:32 20/05/2015 by DarkCynder_543
First | Previous | Page 31 of 49 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 47 48 49

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me