Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 22 of 49 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 47 48 49
Anime
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#1051 Posted: 08:38:32 06/08/2014
is Princess Mononoke any good?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1052 Posted: 16:00:24 06/08/2014
^ I would definitely recommend it
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#1053 Posted: 16:22:12 06/08/2014
I've never really gotten into anime, I've watched Hataraku Maou Sama, Pokemon, and all other westernized cliche anime such as Digimon and Pokemon and Dragon Ball

But I never really watched anime, so if I do start watching it I'm not really sure where to start.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#1054 Posted: 18:29:06 06/08/2014
Quote: Iceclaw
Quote: Ice Dragoness

Is the story really bad or
The only thing I know about it is that sometimes the art looks really weird but idk if that counts towards it being butchered.

The new art in the new anime is actually the old original art from the manga so that's not butchered, it's just using the original style.

I remember reading that the creator of the manga didn't like the old anime and is having a lot more control over the new one.

What they are doing with the new anime is taking out the filler episodes and being faithful to the manga. If anything the old anime butchered the manga.

The opening is great. Sailor Moon's transformation is weird as it's CGI. The CGI works better for the other two.

Oooh I see

That's good that it's being faithful to the manga at least

I occasionally see posts on other sites disliking the new anime and I wonder why that is?

they probably liked the filler episodes, style and expressions better. The newer anime doesn't have as big in your face character expressions. The CGI transformations are odd too.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#1055 Posted: 18:57:12 06/08/2014
Quote: Lunarz
I've never really gotten into anime, I've watched Hataraku Maou Sama, Pokemon, and all other westernized cliche anime such as Digimon and Pokemon and Dragon Ball

But I never really watched anime, so if I do start watching it I'm not really sure where to start.

Well, what do you like?
---
Gay 4 GARcher
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#1056 Posted: 18:57:52 06/08/2014

Watch Sword Art.
---
My life is complete.
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9966
#1057 Posted: 20:22:30 06/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Serial Experiments Lain, is it any good?

yES it's really really great!
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#1058 Posted: 20:43:13 06/08/2014
SEASON 2 CONFIRMED!
SEASON 2 CONFIRMED!
SEASON 2 ****ING CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#1059 Posted: 21:46:13 06/08/2014

Watch the Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1060 Posted: 05:16:44 07/08/2014
Just started the Itachi Pursuit Arc in Naruto Shippuden :3
---
words. letters. filler.
#1061 Posted: 14:22:59 07/08/2014
I dunno what anime to watch now.
---
My life is complete.
#1062 Posted: 15:00:07 07/08/2014
Quote: Ninpire

Quote: MagicFizz

!!!!!
#1063 Posted: 17:12:44 07/08/2014

!!!!!

What's it about?
---
My life is complete.
#1064 Posted: 17:51:43 07/08/2014

What's it about?

It's about a kid who moves into a new town to go to school and the people in the complex he lives in are all really weird. It's a comedy
#1065 Posted: 18:50:31 07/08/2014

What's it about?

It's about a kid who moves into a new town to go to school and the people in the complex he lives in are all really weird. It's a comedy

Eh. Not into comedy that much.
---
My life is complete.
#1066 Posted: 19:54:18 07/08/2014
Well that's ****ing stupid. They censored the executions. That was the best part of the trial!
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#1067 Posted: 20:18:52 07/08/2014
Quote: Ice Dragoness
they probably liked the filler episodes, style and expressions better. The newer anime doesn't have as big in your face character expressions. The CGI transformations are odd too.

Oh probably. That would make sense
---
Twinkies and 2hus
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1068 Posted: 23:16:59 07/08/2014
omg aaahhhhhhh

so can't wait, i'm so going get that game somehow, even if it's only in japanese and i won't understand it
When it says 'play as other characters', I really hope it means a huge variety of characters than just the main trio. Because as much as I like Mikado and Masaomi, playing as Izaya and Celty would be freaking epic. and if playing as shizuo means throwing random heavy objects at everyone, he would be fun too

Aow we just need more news for that second season. At the moment I can see it coming out around December/end of year, which would be my best Christmas present. because watching durarara is more important to me than a new phone
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:31:53 07/08/2014 by DarkCynder_543
#1069 Posted: 05:02:06 08/08/2014
ok...Dangan Ronpa: the Animation
I give it a 5/10
When not compared to the game, it is a decent anime. Although at times it does get confusing if you haven't played or seen walkthroughs of the game.
The anime is fast paced and skips many details. During the class trials, they'll pull info and evidence out of nowhere and not explain how they found this. You have no time to make your own assumptions. For example,
they show a quick clip of a glass ball shattered on the floor, and like the game, a bullet comes through the screen with a picture of the evidence. Then it cuts to another piece of evidence, not even explaining why that was important or what it has to do with the case. You also do miss out on a lot of character interactions and you don't get to learn who they are and why they are the Super Duper High School Level whatever.
Although, it does stick true to the game and does show the major plot points and progression. Also, only the anime shows a clip of Neagi's ass *shot.* So, in my conclusion, this would be an anime if you had nothing else to watch, to watch.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#1070 Posted: 11:38:21 08/08/2014
okay so apparently durarara season 2 isn't coming out until jan 2015...

dammit i can't wait that long, and i really want to see chikage animated. I was so convinced it would be 2014.
but since they will probably be making 25 episodes to match the first season, i guess it makes sense for it to not come out until then.

but i seriously hope they adapt more of the light novels than 4-6 (since the first season adapted 1-3) , because volume 6 isn't a good place to end it at....
---
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 02:41:39 09/08/2014 by DarkCynder_543
#1071 Posted: 21:02:48 08/08/2014
^whaaaaaaaat
#1072 Posted: 02:37:27 09/08/2014
yet another reason why i want this year to go by quickly

oh and there's a new image for the second season too

[User Posted Image]

incoming 'where's izaya and shizuo!?!?!' rants from fangirls in 3...2...1...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:40:23 09/08/2014 by DarkCynder_543
#1073 Posted: 21:25:18 11/08/2014
Okay I finished Clannad After Story

9/10 because it was really good and yeah.

I liked a lot of the series and the problems the characters face and how they overcome them. Plus they kept that one song that played in the background that I really liked from the first series. So the soundtrack was pretty awesome.

but the deaths in the series didn't seem real because it would've been so ****ed up it was hard to believe. And I didn't really understand the whole point of the other world in the first series and you never will until you watch this sequel.

Also I feel like it kind of ruined some stuff at the end to make it happy but they're happy so yaaaaay
#1074 Posted: 07:50:18 12/08/2014
i still haven't finished the first season of clannad
---
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#1075 Posted: 19:48:01 14/08/2014
Is K a good anime? I want your opinions.
#1076 Posted: 23:32:24 14/08/2014
Quote: DummyZ
Is K a good anime? I want your opinions.

Ooh I liked it
The story could have been a bit better though but I enjoyed most of the characters and the soundtrack is really nice
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#1077 Posted: 01:09:34 15/08/2014
Thinking about dropping Akame ga kill

It just.... sucks

And I can't hold onto it like I did Mekakucity actors because I really don't like any of the characters at allll
#1078 Posted: 00:30:45 16/08/2014
i was so close to dropping Mekakucity, but then i read the manga and other forms of its media, and now i'm glad i didn't drop it
---
#1079 Posted: 01:35:07 16/08/2014
I also love Shakugan no Shana, Zero no Tsukaima,

I cannot believe I actually thought this at one point
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#1080 Posted: 23:58:56 16/08/2014
I love Shakugan no Shana. :(

but mainly only the first season. the second season sucked and the third season is okay
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#1081 Posted: 01:10:05 17/08/2014
Soul Eater is horrible to me now because I read the Manga.
#1082 Posted: 02:05:01 17/08/2014
Gurren Laganns gonna be on Toonami smilie

I remember reading a really late chapter in soul eater where I knew nothing about anything going on, but black star was wearing white and was a total badass. So I watched the anime and it ended with stupid maka ending it with a
punch
#1083 Posted: 02:12:17 17/08/2014
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I love Shakugan no Shana. smilie

but mainly only the first season. the second season sucked and the third season is okay

The first season was okay though I didn't like the other two and I dropped the third season oops

Though the post was mostly aimed at Zero no Tsukaima because my god that anime was just bad
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#1084 Posted: 11:54:13 17/08/2014
Gurren Laganns gonna be on Toonami :D

I remember reading a really late chapter in soul eater where I knew nothing about anything going on, but black star was wearing white and was a total badass. So I watched the anime and it ended with stupid maka ending it with a
punch

Yeah I hated that.

To be honest I'm not a fan of both, the manga and anime. I enjoyed the anime more than the manga. And that annoys me, because I love Soul Eater, the characters and the whole concept of it.
---
#1085 Posted: 20:25:46 19/08/2014
On the Five Kage Summit arc of Shippuden now smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#1086 Posted: 02:15:26 20/08/2014
is akagme ga kill any good? and what is it about?
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
MetallicDragon Red Sparx Gems: 47
#1087 Posted: 21:26:34 20/08/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Ooh, awesome! I got into Naruto over the summer. I used to think it was lame when I was younger (for shame!). Then I re-watched the original and went "This isn't half bad, what was I thinking!?" and then Shippuden was even better. I liked the Five Kage part because Sand Ninja were there, and they are awesome!
#1088 Posted: 22:31:19 20/08/2014
Quote: shroom boom

Don't bother it sucks
#1089 Posted: 05:23:48 21/08/2014
Quote: shroom boom

A group of assassins wanting to change a corrupted kingdom basically
I really love the manga but I haven't been caught up with the anime so I dunno how well it follows it
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#1090 Posted: 06:37:47 21/08/2014
Quote: MetallicDragon
On the Five Kage Summit arc of Shippuden now :D

Ooh, awesome! I got into Naruto over the summer. I used to think it was lame when I was younger (for shame!). Then I re-watched the original and went "This isn't half bad, what was I thinking!?" and then Shippuden was even better. I liked the Five Kage part because Sand Ninja were there, and they are awesome!

ah naruto. i used to love that when i was little

I enjoyed the first three or four seasons, when Gaara was a main villain and Sasuke wasn't all evil and crap. But then after that I didn't enjoy it, and think I Shippuden is worst than the first part. I still like a few characters from the series though, like Hinata, Shikamaru, Gaara and Kakashi.

I still think Gaara was what made the first few seasons interesting for me in the first place, so with him not having a huge role in the later ones made my interest dropped. Sasuke being even more annoying than he already was also put me off of it. :\
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:39:03 21/08/2014 by DarkCynder_543
MetallicDragon Red Sparx Gems: 47
#1091 Posted: 15:44:01 21/08/2014

I enjoyed the first three or four seasons, when Gaara was a main villain and Sasuke wasn't all evil and crap. But then after that I didn't enjoy it, and think I Shippuden is worst than the first part. I still like a few characters from the series though, like Hinata, Shikamaru, Gaara and Kakashi.

I still think Gaara was what made the first few seasons interesting for me in the first place, so with him not having a huge role in the later ones made my interest dropped. Sasuke being even more annoying than he already was also put me off of it. smilie

I never liked Sasuke. I was happy when he left the village and we didn't see him much anymore, lol. Naruto used to annoy me then he grew up some over the progression of the show. Sakura annoyed me too because she did nothing until Shippuden. I think the first parts of the show were held together by Kakashi and the supporting cast. Then Orochimaru was introduced and gave the show a main villain and made it more interesting. Shippuden is really awesome IMO. All the characters have grown up (well, except for Sasuke), and are not just flailing around complaining/fawning about Sasuke. Naruto seems to be the only one left who still cares about him. Gaara being the villain was cool and all, but it was nice to see him grow up and get over that. I like him sane rather than crazy.
#1092 Posted: 04:29:22 22/08/2014

I still think Gaara was what made the first few seasons interesting for me in the first place, so with him not having a huge role in the later ones made my interest dropped. Sasuke being even more annoying than he already was also put me off of it. smilie

I never liked Sasuke. I was happy when he left the village and we didn't see him much anymore, lol. Naruto used to annoy me then he grew up some over the progression of the show. Sakura annoyed me too because she did nothing until Shippuden. I think the first parts of the show were held together by Kakashi and the supporting cast. Then Orochimaru was introduced and gave the show a main villain and made it more interesting. Shippuden is really awesome IMO. All the characters have grown up (well, except for Sasuke), and are not just flailing around complaining/fawning about Sasuke. Naruto seems to be the only one left who still cares about him. Gaara being the villain was cool and all, but it was nice to see him grow up and get over that. I like him sane rather than crazy.

I also got into Naruto during the summer because I needed an anime to watch. Also, I lied about being on the Five Kage Summit Arc. I'm on the Konoha History Arc. I liked Sasuke during the original one.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1093 Posted: 07:38:30 22/08/2014
imo if sasuke and sakura left the naruto series forever i would be happy

because naruto and kakashi are good and all, but i can't stand the other two, and i hated the two since the beginning. and naurto needs to get over sakura, because i hate that pairing
---
Sky-Glaceon10 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1910
#1094 Posted: 09:55:35 22/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
is Princess Mononoke any good?

After just watching the movie for the first time, yes, I strongly recommend watching it. I can't believe it took me this long to watch Princess Mononoke because it was great.

Gurren Laganns gonna be on Toonami :D

punch

Yeah I hated that.

To be honest I'm not a fan of both, the manga and anime. I enjoyed the anime more than the manga. And that annoys me, because I love Soul Eater, the characters and the whole concept of it.

Same here. I hated the anime ending for Soul Eater so I read the manga, hoping that it would have a decent ending, but I was pretty disappointed. I still like the series as a whole though but not as much as I used to. I think the only reason why I'm still somewhat interested in Soul Eater is because of the characters.
---
"A Zone greater than Zone." Aomine Daiki - 2015
Ask me stuff I guess.
#1095 Posted: 11:13:52 22/08/2014
What channel is Toonami on w/ Bright House?
---
My life is complete.
#1096 Posted: 15:25:50 22/08/2014

I don't think I understand the question but...

Toonami is on Cartoon Network on Saturday nights. I think it starts at 11:30
#1097 Posted: 20:40:25 22/08/2014

I don't think I understand the question but...

Toonami is on Cartoon Network on Saturday nights. I think it starts at 11:30

Oooohhhh ok ty
---
My life is complete.
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7311
#1098 Posted: 01:26:01 30/08/2014
Thinking about dropping Akame ga kill

One of my friends really likes it and wants me to watch it.

Currently I'm watching Black Butler: Book Of Circus, and Sword Art Online 2. I'm not sure what to watch after I finish them though.
#1099 Posted: 01:30:45 30/08/2014
I'm rewatching Soul Eater. .n.
---
My life is complete.
First | Previous | Page 22 of 49 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 47 48 49

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me