Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 7 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24 25
March 21st Toys R Us [CLOSED]
slpfw0802 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#301 Posted: 02:53:02 17/03/2012
so, when i call them do i literally say "Hey on the skylander 3/21 event, what are the rules?" or do i say like "how many per person?" cuz i dont want to sound like a scalper! By the way, i kno this is a stupid question smilie
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Awesome profile pic by nintendofan92
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:54:05 17/03/2012 by slpfw0802
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#302 Posted: 03:00:06 17/03/2012
I just asked if they could give me information on the Skylanders event on the 21st. They put me on hold for like, 5-7 minutes while they went and got the info and came back and told me. I called 2 TRUs and only Altoona mentioned the one per customer thing. She told me that and I said 'one per customer per character?' and she said 'No. One period. One Skylander toy per customer'.
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#303 Posted: 03:07:28 17/03/2012
I will probably ask too. I asked my local one and I forgot to ask if it was one per customer. I don't want to sound like a scalper but I think the whole one per customer thing is kinda dumb. Why can't we just get the ones we won't and not wait to get back in line.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#304 Posted: 03:10:05 17/03/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
The signs atvmy Toys R Us says limit 2 per customer. Meaning you can only buy 2 of the SAME skylander. Not just 2 total. So scalpers or GM doesnt go in and buy all 5. I couldnt imagine paying a credit card bill with 5 of every skylander out plus golds and silvers and metallics and the starter packs. Im to lazy to do the math but Im guessing it has to be thousands. Including the interest.

Probably multiple thousands. smilie

I do have a plan come Wednesday. I'm sending someone I know (I always reward those who help me somehow they never expect) to a different TRU than I am going to. They will get 2 (if that's the limit) Zook, 2 Lightning Rod, 2 Dragons Peak (IF they're in), 1 Zook/L. Rod/Cynder triple pack, and 1 Ignitor. If this TRU only stocks single pack Stealth Elfs and whoever else is packed in with Ignitor, Lightning Rod, and Zook, of if more Zook, L. Rod, and Ignitors are missing (in other words this person is going to count how many are on the shelves) that person is to tell me, so I can call corporate on that store for hiding Skylanders for their own greedy intentions (because I know of two TRU's who have scalpers in them), because frankly I am growing sick of this ****. It belongs to the customers, not scalpers on Ebay.

The TRU I am going to, I am rolling 5 deep. I am handing my son some money so he can buy 1 Zook, 1 Lightning Rod, and 1 Dragons Peak (again IF they're in), while I buy 2 Zook, 2 Lightning Rod, and 2 Dragons Peak (IF they're in). That's 5 of the three new ones, and I can call it a day until the last wave streets.

The reason I am rolling 4 deep, though, is in the off chance one of my TRU's decides to act stupid. See, TRU's all give conflicting stories. One TRU here tried to say - well two TRIED to say - corporate said they can't hold Skylanders. U...T...T...E...R... B...S... The other two are just the legit customers/fans worst enemy as they have employees inside who scalp. It's all gravy though. I spent a good 45 minutes talking to a guy at corporate I have talked to before. He told me I should file a complaint. I said, "No. I will let fate decide. Should Wednesday be a pain in my ***, due to any of the two TRU's I have scouted being shady, I will sing." If they don't act shady, all is good.

Sorry, I rambled. The reason for 5 deep, is incase the TRU I go to tries to say 1 Skylander per customer. In other words, if someone walks in and wants a Stealth Elf, Ignitor, L. Rod, and Zook, but is told, "you can only choose one," I still got ground covered. How? Simple -

1 Person going to TRU I'm not: Zook
Me: Zook
Daughter: Zook (going with me)
Son: Lightning Rod (going with me)
Son's friend: Lightning Rod (going with me)
Son's other friend: Lightning Rod (going with me)

So that makes two for me to open, 1 for me to hang on the wall. My kids will then have to wait for me to find them at Walmart (have a friend who stocks them going to text me when he gets the new ones. He knows when, but I won't say due to scalpers dorky eyes wandering here), or if Best Buy gets them before Walmart (they know when as well, but I won't say here, plus just because one does doesn't mean all will), I have someone inside calling me, as they have a huge number coming.

Sounds fullproof. I have another ace up my sleeve, which I will reveal if need be, but not until if it transpires. All I can say, is it involves a third TRU and someone inside.

This is all sad, though. No one should have to lay out plans as if this were a heist movie. It's just dumb.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:57:59 17/03/2012 by GameMaster78
#305 Posted: 03:10:50 17/03/2012
Rand O M i think u are so right! its not fair that real collectors cant get what they want while scalpers get the creme of the crop!

Thanks for the help Kesrael!
---

#306 Posted: 03:16:13 17/03/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
Actually kids stay in school and dont become the next GM. Be yourself or something greater. Never try to be someone else. Even GM himself would say that. It doesnt matter if you have 500 skylanders or one your collection is cool. No matter how much anyone tries to have the most or the best there is always someone out there with something better and nore. Not everyone collecting skylanders is on this forum. This is only a fraction of how many collectors are out there.

I agree with this. Just because I buy 3 for my personal collection and 2 for my kids, it really means nothing.

Life isn't measured by all of the materials you own. You can't die with your materials. You can only enjoy them while you have air in your lungs.

There is a huge world out there worth having fun in. Games is a hobby, and my website dedicated to Skylanders is a part of a hobby. However, life for me, is all about family, friends, love, fun, screenwriting career, seeing and helping the world.

If one values their hobby more than life itself, or money like scalpers, they live nothing but empty lives. I pity those people. I truly do.

So, like Sarge said. In my eyes, if all of us only own 1 Skylander, we still have a good Skylander collection. 1 or 500 means nothing more than a number. A number is nothing more than a statistic. We all gave this game a chance where others wouldn't. While everyone was flocking to AAA titles like Batman, CoD, Uncharted, we were flocking to them, but we were willing to give Skylanders a chance at the same time.

We deserve to pat ourselves on the back for that, because we break trends other gamers set, which is being AAA bandwagon gamers. We think outside of the box, while others stay comfy in it, due to being afraid to try new things.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:25:53 17/03/2012 by GameMaster78
#307 Posted: 03:19:53 17/03/2012
I know slpfw, this just ticks me off to make my grandma go wait in line forever while all the scampers and their friends buy skylanders. The one figure I hope she is able to find is Stealth elf because I can't find her anywhere!
#308 Posted: 03:26:40 17/03/2012
If TRU does indeed do the 1 Skylander period, per customer, I will be making sure to take both receipts, from both stores, and give them a big fat **** you. I didn't ask for scalpers to come and ruin this. I legitimately buy these for my family and I. Heck, me buy 3 is nowhere near what this one lady did, which was buy 10 and say some stupid nonsense like, "I got lots of family overseas." 3 means more are still on the shelf, and that's why I am sending someone to another store, because if I space it out, more are left on the shelves for others.

That, and if TRU really makes it so people have to choose one of the two new Skylanders, they deserve the bad survey. I suggest everyone who goes to a store that does this, give them a bad survey. It really hurts them with corporate.

There should be a limit, yes. I think the limit should be limited to 1 of each TYPE of Skylander. So if I went in, I could buy 1 Zook, 1 Lightning Rod, 1 Dragons Peak, 1 Ignitor.

TRU better exercise some control, too. One time I went to a TRU at opening, and some goofy looking dork of an adult pushed me aside as we were entering. He bolted to the Skylander section. Had I not been an adult, I would have broke his nose (and the bifocals he was wearing). However, being an adult, there is such a thing as jail. The adult should have acted like one, instead of push me aside, just to be the first to the Skylander shelf.

And Rand, Stealth Elf is supposed to be a single pack in this wave.
---
#309 Posted: 03:26:57 17/03/2012
Rand: Exactly! Its almost like these scalpers dont have morals or something! SO freaking annoying! and where i like there are sooooooo many scalpers! our TRU one day got over 70 single backs (7 of like 10 different kinds) and i went and bought two and the next day i was like "hey im gonna go get one more!" so i go and they are ALL GONE! In 24 hours the whole stock was cleared out! its rediculous!

But anyway, good luck finding one! i just got mine in the 3ds pack but dont worry if u dont get it right away, the time will come. i waited a couple months for a pirate seas and i ended up getting it today for 10 bucks! So dont worry! (just worry if u dont have it by skylanders giants!)
---

#310 Posted: 03:37:09 17/03/2012
GameMaster: ok thanks for telling. Now I can relax a little. How do you know Ignitor will be there. Will he be in a single? Also on the last page of this form, Toys R Us will not be selling Dragons Peak on the 21st. It will be out later this month, which is stupid. I can see buying five as an ok amount but 10!!! That's a little out there.

Slpfw: Yes, I tired of scalpels buying all of them and the making a freaking fortune on them. It's ridiculous that in 24 hours they are gone. Those scalpers are just so annoying. The fact of not getting her until giants is nerve wrecking.

Anyways, does anyone have any details on wave 5 release and DP release?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:38:26 17/03/2012 by Rand O M
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#311 Posted: 03:49:56 17/03/2012
Sooooo, has anyone found out anything about other stores, ie Walmart, Target, Fred Meyer, Kmart, Gamestop, Best Buy and their shipments? I don't think we should put our eggs all in one basket here. Have we found out anything new in regards to their shipments?
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
#312 Posted: 03:56:29 17/03/2012
^ As of now no. I expect to see more in the begging of April. And what is Fred Meyer? I have never heard of it. For some reason none of the stores around have any. I think like Toys R Us they are holding shipments for a certain date.
#313 Posted: 04:13:07 17/03/2012
I am thinking this is the week we will see a flood of toys. And we, being the astute ones of the Skylander hunters, will have a leg up on the competition through our joint intel. And Fred Meyer is an all in one store similar to Shopko, or Prange Way, or Walmart. It has groceries, clothes, homewares and electronics. I got a 3 pack there, and have seen a few adventure packs. If my exploits at TRU are a bust, I will be hitting everywhere else that day. I believe Walmart will be packed with the new ones as early as tomorrow. I didn't go hunt today, and got lucky while surfing the internet.

My webhunt goes as such:

1. I use the stock tracker (8am pst is when they put up singles for sale it seems)
2. I go to gamestop.com (check stock for local stores)
3. I go to target.com (check stock for local stores)
4. I go to TRU. I don't trust their sales asses. (associates)
5. I go to Walmart (it's on my way back to work)
6. I check Craigslist in the cities I know people (to grab them if there is a good deal)
7. I check ebay to see what new auctions are up
8. I check ebay to see what is the cheapest buy it now priced items (sometimes idiots sell them for 8 bucks shipped)
9. I stop at Fred Meyer x2 on my way home.
10. I go home and recheck everything again...

yes...I obsess a bit about it.

Anything I'm missing here? I also will google a lot of stuff like "Zook (the current date)

smilie I am retarded, no?

---
#314 Posted: 04:17:14 17/03/2012
I wish i could do that much in one day!
---

#315 Posted: 04:23:01 17/03/2012
^ you really have a lot of stores near you to get Skylanders. If TRU is a bust than i will be mad because they made this such a big deal!!
#316 Posted: 04:35:14 17/03/2012
yeah...
Within 30 Minutes I have:

6 Gamestops (2 in Lynnwood, 3 in Everett, and 1 in Edmonds area
2 Targets (Lynnwood, Everett, Northgate)
3 Walmarts (30 minutes total)
3 Best Buys (if I hit the 3rd one North of Marysville) Great bet to get them and nobody stakes it out as it's in the boonies.
4 Fred Meyers
2 TRU (3 if I needed to go to North Seattle (Northgate)
1 Kmart
1 Sears

If I somehow don't get all of them...God hates me.
---
#317 Posted: 05:12:53 17/03/2012
wow......can we swith stores? I have one TRU, one target, two gamestops and thats pretty much it. If i wanna go farther i have 2 bestbuys, 7 gamestops, 4 targets, 1 sears, and 2 TRU's but these take a longer time to get to
---

ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#318 Posted: 05:52:30 17/03/2012
Quote: Kesrael
Don't we have a forum member who works at a TRU? Couldn't he give us some info about this 'event'??

I can get some info since i work at babies r us. All i gotta do is call them up and let them know i'm an employee and which store i work at and i can find out wat ever they know. As far as i can tell Zook and Lightning Rod will for sure b out as you guys already know but my tru says that they will be releasing dp that day as well. And on a side note, "later in the month"? By the 21st march will already b 2/3 over, how much later can it get!
---
Praise Helix!!!
#319 Posted: 13:03:24 17/03/2012
Xero: I wish i had that many stores. Around me I have:

2 Toysrus
4 Targets
4 GameStops
2 Walmarts
3 Best Buys
1 Sears

Of course this is like a 5- 45 minute radius around my house, but at least there are choices to go to. However, none of these stores have Skylanders!!

Ace: I agree, how much later can they possibly put DP back. We only have like two weeks and a half. I mean seriously, if you are going to reserve a Skylander for a whole month wouldn't you want to put them out in the begging so you don't have ticked off fans!!!

EDIT: We may see ignitor as a single on the 21st according to darkspyro. Read for yourself on the homepage with the topic of wave four!!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:18:18 17/03/2012 by Rand O M
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#320 Posted: 14:17:38 17/03/2012
If you look in the official uphrade path recomadation
Portal Master eon says he got.smilie at TRU in uk. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:18:43 17/03/2012 by Mr-McChicken22
#321 Posted: 14:20:08 17/03/2012
Well, really soon we will have lightning rod too. I'm pretty excited for the 21st seeming how lightning rod, Zook, and ignitor (in a single pack) will be there!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:26:38 17/03/2012 by Rand O M
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#322 Posted: 15:46:05 17/03/2012
I still think we wont. The uk dp pre orders say april 6th and blue bash was april 2nd. This is probably just old figures. Thenext wave wont be here til april. Dont get ur hopes up kids for March 21st.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#323 Posted: 16:17:04 17/03/2012
Quote: Rand O M
^ I just need Stealth Elf, L- Trigger Happy, Zook, and Lightning Rod. stealth elf is so hard to find now!

L-Trig is in next weeks TRU ad, so they must have tons ready to put on shelves. They BETTER, anyway.

Just buy the 3DS starter pack (should still be half price today), and sell everything except Stealth Elf. Might actually come out ahead in the deal if you don't want Dark Spyro.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#324 Posted: 16:26:33 17/03/2012
When the game was first released stealth elf came in a single pack. I know bc I have one.
#325 Posted: 16:28:21 17/03/2012
Thanks for the advice Hime. There have been so many times where I almost bought the 3ds pack just to have the figures. I'm just waiting to see if I get any luck at TRU Wednesday.
#326 Posted: 16:32:09 17/03/2012
Talked to someone at TRU. I asked two of my three local stores how they're doing the Skylanders thing. One is limiting 2 of each type of Skylander per person. The other isn't limiting at all. They said people can mad dash over and grab what they want.
---
#327 Posted: 16:35:11 17/03/2012
So basically, if your lucky you can run and grab what you want in some stores, but in others you have to wait in a line. I'm just going to ones where they have no line. I know that the line thing is to save skylanders for people and maintain control, but is it necessary?
#328 Posted: 16:39:02 17/03/2012
I gave a little thought to something. I doubt parents are taking off work, just to get their kids Skylanders. Any line that forms, I have the feeling will be stay at home moms, moms or dads with no jobs, or scalpers.
---
#329 Posted: 16:44:48 17/03/2012
I know that's basically it so you can't expect to see that many people in the morning, which is good since my grandma won't have much of a hassle. But the one thing that will suck are those freaking scalpers. I bet they are gone be camping out a TRU Tuesday night.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:45:47 17/03/2012 by Rand O M
Aaryana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#330 Posted: 16:45:24 17/03/2012
Thanks for the advice Hime. There have been so many times where I almost bought the 3ds pack just to have the figures. I'm just waiting to see if I get any luck at TRU Wednesday.

I bought the 3DS pack 50% off at TRU for the figures then sold the game and portal for $25. Not a bad deal considering I didn't have any of the figures.
---
New to the Skylands!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#331 Posted: 16:52:21 17/03/2012
I don't have to take off work, because it's finally spring break. Pure coincidence that the new figures are coming out on the one week I don't have any doc work to worry about, but at least that means V and I can go raid Toys 'R' Us as a team. One to use, one for the boxed set...
#332 Posted: 16:54:10 17/03/2012
Quote: Aaryana

I bought the 3DS pack 50% off at TRU for the figures then sold the game and portal for $25. Not a bad deal considering I didn't have any of the figures.

Three figures for $10 "not a bad deal"? Sounds like a great deal to me.
---
#333 Posted: 16:56:34 17/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
I gave a little thought to something. I doubt parents are taking off work, just to get their kids Skylanders. Any line that forms, I have the feeling will be stay at home moms, moms or dads with no jobs, or scalpers.

I'm taking a little time off work to see what this March 21st deal really is. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if I leave empty-handed, though. I just want the new triple pack and Dragons Peak, but I will probably buy the three singles in the triple pack if they are there and the triple pack isn't.
---
#334 Posted: 16:57:26 17/03/2012
That is true. It is a good deal. I'll think about it some more.
#335 Posted: 16:59:29 17/03/2012
Quote: Tashiji
I don't have to take off work, because it's finally spring break. Pure coincidence that the new figures are coming out on the one week I don't have any doc work to worry about, but at least that means V and I can go raid Toys 'R' Us as a team. One to use, one for the boxed set...

Don't forget about 1 of each for me as well.

I have a feeling I will have no luck based on the city I live in.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:59:49 17/03/2012 by GameMaster78
#336 Posted: 17:06:28 17/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Quote: Tashiji

Don't forget about 1 of each for me as well.

I have a feeling I will have no luck based on the city I live in.

Don't want to get you mad or anything, but maybe you should give figure to your daughter. You can look for some on Craigslist for some deals there. A lot of people are willing to trade for something they don't have. So maybe look it up and see if you can buy some of the ones wanted on the site that way you can trade with them.
#337 Posted: 17:42:47 17/03/2012
I live in a greedy republican state. Everyone here cares about how much profit they can make. People treat Skylanders here like its gold.
---
#338 Posted: 17:45:02 17/03/2012
We'll try, GM. If there's a limit, there's only so much the two of us can do, but if we are free to pick indiscriminately, we'll see if we can't bring extra.
#339 Posted: 17:55:38 17/03/2012
That'd be great. I can give you an extra - sealed - Volcanic Vault, if you guys need for your troubles, plus pay for the figs.

I want to have at least one of each, Zook, Lightning Rod, and Ignitor. but there are three things that work against us Skylander fans in this city.

1: The city itself, being a smaller market. TRU has told me numerous times they prioritize by bigger markets and higher volume stores.
2: Scalpers working at two of the three TRU stores.
3: Potential scalpers who line up first.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:56:17 17/03/2012 by GameMaster78
#340 Posted: 18:18:38 17/03/2012
Just found out my girlfriend will be going to TRU for me wednesday when they open. She will be there early enough to be the first in line. My store is walking shoppers in one by one letting them buy what they need limit 2 per skylander. Im set up for sucess. Last time she went they let her open all 15 boxes while everyone else had to wait for her to go through them. Its amazing how woman are treated differently than man. Eslecially when they have surgically enhanced assets lol.
#341 Posted: 18:22:25 17/03/2012
Figures + shipping is all we really need, but obviously we wouldn't turn a vault down either I guess. In any case, V and I have had phenomenal luck with every wave so far, so we'll see if we have it in us again.
#342 Posted: 18:25:27 17/03/2012
That's really cool that they let her do that. So I called 2 TRUs. One, the one my grandma is going, told me that it is not a ticket event. First come first serve. When I called my other TRU, the guy there said, " I believe we will be selling the new adventure pack.". However the Facebook page said they wouldn't. But who knows, maybe some stores will have DP. I hope the one my gram is going to does!
#343 Posted: 18:44:03 17/03/2012
Whose facebook page said they would not be selling dragon's peak
#344 Posted: 19:08:30 17/03/2012
HAHAHA! Okay...first off...TRU has a wall of 3 packs today! About 50 packs total. In Everett, WA TRU. I went to Gamestop and they had Darklight Crypt. Target, BB, none. Got my Chop Chop today. Only need the legendaries (sans Triggerhappy) and in my travels, I talked to the manager and his staff today for about 10 minutes.

Here's what I learned.

He said there will be no tickets at this TRU. But he is waiting for an official notice from corporate. He said, he couldn't confirm the the Dragon's Peak, but he said you will be able to buy 1 of everything if it does come down to tickets. But he doesn't think it'll be bad on the 21st. He did feel the new 3 pack will be there, as well as all the old singles and new singles.

So...it paid off stopping today.

And Drill, it was TRU official Facebook page...as though that means jack!
---
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#345 Posted: 19:29:01 17/03/2012
"Later in the month" at this point would imply the last week of March. However, it'll probably be out for their Easter sale.
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#346 Posted: 19:31:02 17/03/2012
Hope so...
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
#347 Posted: 19:40:16 17/03/2012
Still you never now if DP will be there. That's two employees knowing something about DP. Still it has to be this month that DP comes out or the whole "dibs on DP for 30 days" thing is a rip off.
#348 Posted: 20:08:57 17/03/2012
Your TRU put out 3 packs today?
#349 Posted: 20:10:24 17/03/2012
yep! about 50 of em...I took a pic if you want proof...
---
Aqua Green Sparx Gems: 439
#350 Posted: 20:12:49 17/03/2012
:/ Still debating on whether or not to go see if DP is there on the 21st. It could not mean anything, although the facebook announcement seems pretty official...
First | Previous | Page 7 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me