Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 4 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25
March 21st Toys R Us [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#151 Posted: 18:29:42 12/03/2012
Phew. You made my heart jump, Madel.

Xero, I can agree about buying it just because it's unique. Something inside of me will stop myself, though, because I like to try and own official products.

Even when something official comes out, I may pass on it. I mean, I passed on this of all things. Someone alerted me to this auction. I could have won it easy, but chose to pass on it -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item46019296cb
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#152 Posted: 18:37:31 12/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78

Xero, I can agree about buying it just because it's unique. Something inside of me will stop myself, though, because I like to try and own official products.

Even when something official comes out, I may pass on it. I mean, I passed on this of all things. Someone alerted me to this auction. I could have won it easy, but chose to pass on it -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item46019296cb

That E3 version would have been worth it if something was different about the figure. Otherwise it will look like you are paying the premium price for the packaging.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#153 Posted: 18:39:00 12/03/2012

Lol Sorry. Wishful thinking on my part. xD
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#154 Posted: 18:41:00 12/03/2012
PS. My local TRU didn't get anything in today...not that it's a big shock. BB, WM and Fred Meyer all were empty as well. Does Kmart ever sell any or is that a waste of time?
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
Sage103082 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#155 Posted: 19:01:32 12/03/2012
I have 2 Kmarts locally and one seems to have a few and the other never has any.
#156 Posted: 19:02:42 12/03/2012
Quote: xerokills
Does Kmart ever sell any or is that a waste of time?

I got an Eruptor and a Darklight Crypt from Kmart in January. I've checked since then and have had no luck. It seems like Walmart's shelves are quite bare, too.
---
#157 Posted: 19:15:49 12/03/2012
Everett, WA has gotten jack lately. February had Target get a large singles order. Fred Meyer got the Crypts in, and since I have only seen small shipments at Toys R Us and apparently Gamestop, which I never seem to see. And the Legendary Trig. This wave better be ridiculously epic...that's all I can say or they risk kids losing interest. I will poke my nose at Kmart today for fun.
---
Kao Kitty Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#158 Posted: 19:26:06 12/03/2012
The employees in the electronics department at the local target told me that only the supercenter Targets carry the adventure packs. I'm not sure how correct that statement is, but they've never seen those packs come in at that particular store.
#159 Posted: 19:34:33 12/03/2012
Quote: Kao Kitty
The employees in the electronics department at the local target told me that only the supercenter Targets carry the adventure packs. I'm not sure how correct that statement is, but they've never seen those packs come in at that particular store.

Maybe it varies depending on the Target location? I'm in Florida, and I saw a handful of Darklight Crypts at Target.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#160 Posted: 19:41:52 12/03/2012
I don't know why would Toys R Us would plan to release Dragon's peak their way.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#161 Posted: 21:20:17 12/03/2012
Everett, WA has gotten jack lately. February had Target get a large singles order. Fred Meyer got the Crypts in, and since I have only seen small shipments at Toys R Us and apparently Gamestop, which I never seem to see. And the Legendary Trig. This wave better be ridiculously epic...that's all I can say or they risk kids losing interest. I will poke my nose at Kmart today for fun.

It better be! Im seeing comments from other sites where people are very frustrated about finding no stock anywhere. The problem here is that the demand is not slowing down and Im seeing more people getting into it which will make the demand even greater.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
NCStarscream Green Sparx Gems: 494
#162 Posted: 22:16:07 12/03/2012
Quote: Kao Kitty

It's not out of the realm of possibility that a specific store wouldn't carry them, but that statement is not true. I've seen and bought Adventure Packs at a non-Super Target in my area.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#163 Posted: 22:31:53 12/03/2012
I never see adventure or triple packs at any store outside of TRU in my city, after stores like Walmart, Target and Best Buy get them once.
---
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#164 Posted: 22:36:12 12/03/2012
GameMaster78

Here is some new information for you to wrap your head around.

"I purchased this in Singapore recently, at a Toys R Us. They were priced at a premium, compared to the other single packs there. So I think even in Singapore they are somewhat rare or limited edition."

I asked him where he got it from ebay and that's how he responded. So hmmmm...makes you wonder...now doesn't it. Is it a knockoff? NO?! He bought it at Toys R Us in Singapore...

The kid with the video also said he got it from Singapore, but of couse, we don't know if they are the same people. Nonetheless, that still doesn't mean it's not fake. You can buy some really nice knockoffs in some of the Singapore markets. We'll just have o wait for TFB response.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#165 Posted: 22:42:50 12/03/2012
[User Posted Image]
The biggest thing that made me think it wasn't real, was that that we saw no official shots of it. It's not unlike companies to release exclusives in other countries, ones which never hit the US or UK, but you normally still see official shots for marketing purposes. I believe I found an official shot. If this figure is still a fake, then I don't think the guy on eBay created it, because he obviously would have created this photo and used it.

EDIT: Do you guys think it will work with US/UK/Etc versions?
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:44:44 12/03/2012 by Cinnamonster
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#166 Posted: 18:02:21 13/03/2012
I just emailed alexness@toysforbob.com and she said this doesnt exist to her knowledge. I bought it so I was guranteed to get it if it was real. However it isnt so Ill be reporting it to ebay and cancelling the order. I havent paid for it yet. Im curious to see what it looks like and just have him send it to me anyways lol. With $50 not being an issue what do u guys think I should do? If I get it Ill post an in depth review. I needed another dark spyro anyways so as long as it works ill be fine lol. Its nicer to have the package instead of the ds box. I wonder if he will come clean and tell me whats up with it. It is possible it is real and the person I emailed just isnt aware of it. Slim chance tho
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#167 Posted: 18:03:41 13/03/2012
Alex Ness is a he lol
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#168 Posted: 18:06:51 13/03/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
I just emailed alexness@toysforbob.com and she said this doesnt exist to her knowledge. I bought it so I was guranteed to get it if it was real. However it isnt so Ill be reporting it to ebay and cancelling the order. I havent paid for it yet. Im curious to see what it looks like and just have him send it to me anyways lol. With $50 not being an issue what do u guys think I should do? If I get it Ill post an in depth review. I needed another dark spyro anyways so as long as it works ill be fine lol. Its nicer to have the package instead of the ds box. I wonder if he will come clean and tell me whats up with it. It is possible it is real and the person I emailed just isnt aware of it. Slim chance tho

Keep it, take pictures of it and review it.

This would be a good topic for helping people in identifying fakes.
---
#169 Posted: 18:23:06 13/03/2012
So Nat and Alex both state this as being suspicious in their own form of wording?

I still call fake on this. There isn't one country in this world that got Skylanders when another didn't. That's bad business. If members of Toys for Bob know that gold, silvers and such are being made, but not a single pack Dark Spyro, that means it obviously doesn't exist.
---
#170 Posted: 18:57:38 13/03/2012
JUST BUY IT! It is gonna be infamous in the Skylanders community anyways...sheesh.
---
#171 Posted: 20:18:56 13/03/2012
Lol when I get it Ill do an im depth review with photos better than we have seen. We will be able to put this to rest. Im calling fake too.
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#172 Posted: 20:54:47 13/03/2012

If you've cancelled the order and reported it to eBay, then you won't be getting it...
#173 Posted: 21:52:34 13/03/2012
I didnt cancel it. Ive been using ebay for years. I know how it works. Thanks.
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#174 Posted: 22:01:52 13/03/2012
Quote:
so Ill be reporting it to ebay and cancelling the order.

Yet you had this written in your post?

I'm not saying you don't know how it works, just your posts seem to be contradictory
#175 Posted: 01:12:15 14/03/2012
My post goes on to ask everyone else what they think and that Id possibly buy it just ao I can examine it myself bc the money is not a factor. I spend that much on dinner for me and my wife. I did go ahead and buy it so I can check it out. Back to the topic tho My TRU had 25% off all figures and 3 packs today. Why are they trying to clear the shelves when there is not enough produxt? Putting hard to get figures on sale? Really TRU?
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#176 Posted: 01:34:10 14/03/2012
Really TRU?

They're doing a nice sale this week too with 3 packs and the starter packs.

I blame the Geoffrey.

[User Posted Image]
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#177 Posted: 06:19:55 14/03/2012 | Topic Creator
My post goes on to ask everyone else what they think and that Id possibly buy it just ao I can examine it myself bc the money is not a factor. I spend that much on dinner for me and my wife. I did go ahead and buy it so I can check it out. Back to the topic tho My TRU had 25% off all figures and 3 packs today. Why are they trying to clear the shelves when there is not enough produxt? Putting hard to get figures on sale? Really TRU?

i went today to toys r us and they had no skylander figures at all, nothing. and what kinda sale is on things you dont have..
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
#178 Posted: 13:58:54 14/03/2012
I think that's their way of drawing people in to buy the starter packs. I have a feeling that 3 packs will be put on shelves today in their shipments. The hopes is, kids come in and get the starter kits, then see there are no singles. Then find out that the singles will be available on the 21st. Create more buzz, and on the 21st, we see a big sale of all singles, and the launch of the Dragon's Peak and everyone can try to get their hands on singles. I am prepared to grab my singles first, as I am guessing we won't get tickets for singles, just for Dragon's Peak and the new 3 packs. If it is just for the Dragon's Peak, then I will grab my 3 pack, singles, and then Dragon's Peak. I'll be getting there early of course...how early...TBD. But yeah. I just need to spend about 100 bucks Wednesday...lol. Totally doable.
---
#179 Posted: 14:14:21 14/03/2012
Guy at one of my local TRU's says the day is just the day they picked to sell them. There is nothing special, otherwise. I said, "so, you're not giving out tickets or anything?" He said, "No. It will be just like any other day when people come buy them."

Of course, I fully expect to find them at Walmart before Toys R Us. Toys R Us has always been last when getting new Skylanders. I expect no different of wave 4, except where Dragon's Peak is concerned.
---
#180 Posted: 14:18:28 14/03/2012
I have seen a drastic reduction in what Walmart carries at my store. The website even says my store only carries 3 different Skylanders items. I'm not so sure I trust Walmarts in my area. I will continue to check of course.

smilie
---
#181 Posted: 15:18:07 14/03/2012
My wal mart had a double trouble and 2 chop chops today. Whooooohoooo way to crank em out activision.
Aqua Green Sparx Gems: 439
#182 Posted: 17:15:37 14/03/2012
I think that's their way of drawing people in to buy the starter packs. I have a feeling that 3 packs will be put on shelves today in their shipments. The hopes is, kids come in and get the starter kits, then see there are no singles. Then find out that the singles will be available on the 21st. Create more buzz, and on the 21st, we see a big sale of all singles, and the launch of the Dragon's Peak and everyone can try to get their hands on singles. I am prepared to grab my singles first, as I am guessing we won't get tickets for singles, just for Dragon's Peak and the new 3 packs. If it is just for the Dragon's Peak, then I will grab my 3 pack, singles, and then Dragon's Peak. I'll be getting there early of course...how early...TBD. But yeah. I just need to spend about 100 bucks Wednesday...lol. Totally doable.

The thing that confuses me though is that the 21st date is just the date for "singles" being put on the shelves, not adventure packs. Makes me wonder if the DP release is still a crap shoot. Of course it could be the 21st as well, but it could come out at any time as well.

This is so frustrating. D|
#183 Posted: 17:19:36 14/03/2012
The guy I talked to at TRU, who I mentioned said the 21st isn't a special event, but just a day they would be selling them, also told me that only applies to single packs.

I asked, "so, if you get Dragon's Peak or 3 packs earlier you will sell them?" He said, "Yes."
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#184 Posted: 17:20:49 14/03/2012
The guy I talked to at TRU, who I mentioned said the 21st isn't a special event, but just a day they would be selling them, also told me that only applies to single packs.

I asked, "so, if you get Dragon's Peak or 3 packs earlier you will sell them?" He said, "Yes."

What a bunch of asshats.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#185 Posted: 17:20:55 14/03/2012

This makes more sense. Thanks!

The other thing that bothers me is I don't know about your guys' TRUs, but the one near my house get their trucks on Wednesdays but doesn't put anything out on the shelves until Thursdays. Which is why again, this date, SO CONFUSING. 8(
#186 Posted: 17:23:16 14/03/2012
One of my three local TRU's gets a truck on Tuesday and Thursdays, while another gets a truck on Tuesdays, and the last gets a truck on Thursdays.

One store here offers two chances to get them.
---
Jin Saotome Green Sparx Gems: 383
#187 Posted: 17:49:59 14/03/2012
Yep, same was told to me, "get here early on the 21st" by a TRU employee. They have a brand new SKU# on the list but they don't know what it goes to.
#188 Posted: 18:14:31 14/03/2012
What list do you refer to, Jin? If it is what I think it is, I know exactly what it is.
---
#189 Posted: 18:54:49 14/03/2012
I went by my TRU this morning with the hopes of finding something and was shot down once again. My TRU has the same sign on the first post of this discussion: "Come back on 3/21, when all of your favorite single pack Skylander Characters will be back & ready for play! *Quantities Limited" They only had 4 3-packs of Drobot, Flameslinger, and Stump Smash.

My TRU also gets in trucks on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I'm thinking that I'm waking up bright and early next week and getting to TRU by 8:30 or something crazy like that. I'll do some homework in the parking lot and drag my boyfriend with me. Lol
---
#190 Posted: 19:18:55 14/03/2012
Okay, so I went to all the stops. Best Buy (was later told by Gamestop employee they had a ton yesterday...which is BS as I was there), then TRU who didn't have any, mentioned 3 packs this thursday or next...same with Adventure Packs. Then to Sears (who said they haven't had any since xmas), then went to Target...none, then went to Gamestop, and the guy told me they will get 3 of the 3 packs today...but didn't know which and said he'd hold them for me when they come in...not that I asked him. If I was a scalper, I'd be set as I made friends with the guy last week when a crazy guy with a felony came in and took a swing at him, and I was there to get security in there to save his butt. So I am kinda on his good side. But I don't need the 3 packs unless it's the new wave. I was missing 1 3 pack and I did get it today at Fred Meyer of all places (local place in the Northwest.) They had 1 3 pack behind the counter not put out yet, asked to see it, and it had Stealth Elf, Wrecking Ball and Sonic Boom. I needed Sonic Boom, so I was pleased to grab it. I sold the other two to my coworker who has 2 daughters for 9 bucks a piece as he didn't have those 2. So that was sweet! So my collection is dwindling down more and more! But long and short, no singles or adventure packs are around. Really wishing I had started getting these toys back when they first came out... I am enjoying the hunt for sure!
---
#191 Posted: 19:20:33 14/03/2012
What list do you refer to, Jin? If it is what I think it is, I know exactly what it is.

Eh? There's a list of what's being released on that day?
---
reshiram900 Green Sparx Gems: 132
#192 Posted: 19:55:40 14/03/2012
So i called tru this morning thay said that on sunday that dragons peak will be release

Cynder Volts And Lightning
#193 Posted: 20:05:39 14/03/2012
Quote: reshiram900
So i called tru this morning thay said that on sunday that dragons peak will be release

Really? Sunday seems like an odd day for a release. Anyone else confirm/deny?
#194 Posted: 20:09:05 14/03/2012
I know right?
#195 Posted: 20:15:37 14/03/2012
Kind of goes against what one of my local TRU's told me. They said only singles are to be held back until the 21st. Any adventure or triple packs can be sold as soon as they arrive. Well, this TRU gets trucks on Tuesday and Thursday. So, if they got Dragon's Peak tomorrow, they could sell it tomorrow, not Sunday. My other TRU that got a truck on Tuesday, got NO Skylanders in. So, the earliest they could get them, is next Tuesday, which means no DP this Sunday.
---
#196 Posted: 20:19:01 14/03/2012
well my tru is in fort wayne
#197 Posted: 20:22:08 14/03/2012
Judging by the lack of consistency TRU gives, it might end up being that the best chance of getting a Dragon's Peak would be just to go and visit TRU every time they get a truck. I'm sorry to say this, but every time I call the TRU by me they seem to be completely clueless about what Skylanders even is, much less that there are figures. I don't trust them, and it'd really upset me to learn that during the 10 minutes I sat there listening to the TRU kid's song, a scalper came in and bought all the Dragon's Peaks.
---
#198 Posted: 20:23:10 14/03/2012
Quote: Madel
Judging by the lack of consistency TRU gives, it might end up being that the best chance of getting a Dragon's Peak would be just to go and visit TRU every time they get a truck. I'm sorry to say this, but every time I call the TRU by me they seem to be completely clueless about what Skylanders even is, much less that there are figures. I don't trust them, and it'd really upset me to learn that during the 10 minutes I sat there listening to the TRU kid's song, a scalper came in and bought all the Dragon's Peaks.

Pretty much this.
#199 Posted: 20:38:14 14/03/2012
I bet nothing new comes out til april 2nd with blue bash.
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#200 Posted: 21:20:43 14/03/2012
well it could actually be on a sunday or saturday cause in australia not sure about other countries but i got cynder, whirlwind, double trouble and empire of ice on a sunday shipment at k mart
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
First | Previous | Page 4 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me