Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 25 of 25
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
March 21st Toys R Us [CLOSED]
Dark Gyro Blue Sparx Gems: 656
#1201 Posted: 20:27:28 22/03/2012
Quote: GamerDrone
I know it's been over 24 hours, but it still pains me to see pictures of figures that I wanted but couldn't get because TRU sucks. One of my boys really wanted Lightning Rod and the other wanted Ignitor. I was able to score L-Trigger Happy, but they were really looking forward to the two I mentioned. I know it's a matter of time when I get them, but it sucks that my TRU didn't have them in. I'm crossing my fingers for Sunday, but I hate to get my, or their, hopes up.

This is SO true. It sends me into depression every time I see these pics (but I'm happy for those who were able to get them).

Let's get something straight, they will not be holding anything besides DP and maybe the L-Trigger Happys for Sunday. From what I understand, those are the only two things that will be featured in the ad. If they get new individuals before then, they will go out on the shelves. We can hope that we'll get lucky on Sunday, but you should be checking with your stores before then. The Skylanders come, not only with their TRU trucks, but also via drop shipment through FedEx (and can come at anytime of the day).
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#1202 Posted: 20:51:00 22/03/2012
Quote: GamerDrone
I know it's been over 24 hours, but it still pains me to see pictures of figures that I wanted but couldn't get because TRU sucks. One of my boys really wanted Lightning Rod and the other wanted Ignitor. I was able to score L-Trigger Happy, but they were really looking forward to the two I mentioned. I know it's a matter of time when I get them, but it sucks that my TRU didn't have them in. I'm crossing my fingers for Sunday, but I hate to get my, or their, hopes up.

I know that exact feeling. It angers me seeing people say the stores near them got in 20-30 of the new figures. Yet others like us walked in and were just met with older figures.
Vortimous Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#1203 Posted: 20:54:41 22/03/2012
Quote: Slambamed
Was 1st in line at east coast tru on 3/21. Only had chop chop, bash, drill sgt & hex. No zook, lightning rod or dragons peak. Call the manager today and told her the sign on your skylander display said 'come back on 3/21 for ALL your fav. Skylanders. She says back well I'm not sure what that means. All I could think of was 'Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller?'

Mine was the same way... I guess what is so dissappointing about this "event" was some TRU had the new stock, and others just had those mentioned above and that was there special... Thats how it was here in New Orleans. The "event" was for the characters of chop chop, bash, drill sarge, and hex... nothing else... althought they did tell me they had dragons peak in back and it would be for sale on the 25th... I just think its sad that some had all the new wave and others promoted like it was something big, and it was limited to the ones I just mentioned.... like that was something great or big event worthy... Just poor part on TRU.....
---
Vortimous
"Winning isnt everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!"
strls Red Sparx Gems: 25
#1204 Posted: 21:01:04 22/03/2012
To be fair to Toys R Us, I did send them an email about my issue yesterday and received a call today. They confirmed a Dragon's Peak will be held and apologized for my issue, it was more than I expected given how little this issue is versus real issues they probably face in their store. However, it wouldn't be fair to them to come here and rant and not acknowledge they did resolve it. I'll post back Sunday when we get our DP. My son is going to be excited.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1205 Posted: 21:08:28 22/03/2012
Gaia, I got a Zook and Lightning Rod. I am holding them for my Son's friend who helped me the other day. He said he has to ask his mother. I don't think he will be able to get it. If he can't get them, they are yours.

I was able to help my friend get a Zook, which he needed because he couldn't get it at the TRU event (he chose Lightning Rod).

Grats to whoever got that triple pack. I can't wait to have one of those hanging on my wall.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#1206 Posted: 21:21:59 22/03/2012
alright just pm the details if your friends son cant get them i check here very often so i should be able to respond fast and get you the money for them but like ya said its all about fate.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:23:09 22/03/2012 by Gaiaknight
#1207 Posted: 21:46:15 22/03/2012
Son's friend. He most likely won't be able to, but I still offered them to him first, since they helped me so much yesterday at the TRU event.

On my runs today, I hit up Gamestops, and brought home -

- 3 Ignitors (1 to hang on my wall, two for 1 for son's friend who for sure wants that one even over L. Rod and Zook, and 1 to help someone who asked me to find them one).

- 4 Lightning Rods (1 for son, 1 for daughter, 1 to either my son's friend Joey or to Gaiaknight, and 1 to help another who asked me to find them one).

- 4 Zook (1 for son, 1 for daughter, 1 for my friend, Jeremy, who only had the chance to get L. Rod at yesterdays event, and 1 to either my son's friend or Gaiaknight).

I will let you know something by the end of today, Gaia. I don't think he will be able to get them. I told him to let me know by tonight, or I was giving them to you. He is for sure wanting an Ignitor, which is why I don't think he will want L. Rod and Zook.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Tash, after Gaia, I got your back on the new figs. Will you be needing a single pack Ignitor?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:01:50 22/03/2012 by GameMaster78
#1208 Posted: 22:10:13 22/03/2012
if the ignitor was towards me im good already got him
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#1209 Posted: 01:51:06 23/03/2012
Kinda wish i wouldnt have had to pay 50 for l rod n zook, but i guess figuring the gas it would have taken to get to any toys r us stores its about right.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#1210 Posted: 02:43:21 23/03/2012
Quote: dragon_fang21
Kinda wish i wouldnt have had to pay 50 for l rod n zook, but i guess figuring the gas it would have taken to get to any toys r us stores its about right.

That's right. Keep giving scalpers a reason to do what they do. They were just released yesterday. Be patient.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#1211 Posted: 02:50:39 23/03/2012
Everyone realizes that these toys will all be common in about 3 weeks, right? And so will all the others. My collection will be done by then. And hopefully some kids will have grown bored of them and their parents will have dumped their collections on Craigslist for dirt cheap for me to nab. smilie We definitely live in the MUST HAVE IT NOW! era of things. I wish they just got smart and made reprints...like 1st editions, 2nd editions and so on and so forth as in customizable card games. That would make it better. They could sell more that way too.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#1212 Posted: 03:09:57 23/03/2012
Quote: xerokills
Everyone realizes that these toys will all be common in about 3 weeks, right?

Yeah, just like Cynder, Double Trouble, and Empire of Ice are now "common", right?

Hint: They aren't. I've scoured the city and found 2/1/0 respectively since wave 3 was released.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#1213 Posted: 03:18:35 23/03/2012
Quote: Zing

Yeah, just like Cynder, Double Trouble, and Empire of Ice are now "common", right?

Hint: They aren't. I've scoured the city and found 2/1/0 respectively since wave 3 was released.

All three of those have been available online at regular price recently. I've seen quite a few EoI in person, but I do agree that Cynder and DT are tough to find in stores.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Dragon15010 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#1214 Posted: 03:30:59 23/03/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
My face when this thread.

[User Posted Image]
Anyways, that's the 3 pack I just bought. So if your store was one of those unlucky ones who didn't get anything in, yours SHOULD have the 3 packs in for Sunday.

My store got only chop chop, hex, drobot, and bash. I thought they would have wave 4 skylanders! I also expected
the 3 pack above!
#1215 Posted: 03:51:45 23/03/2012
missed wave 4 at gamestop by 15min i was up there paying off my kid icarus and they had 1 of each left but where on hold for a guy coming in. i know they where not for employees cause i personally know the 2 people that were working there.
---
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#1216 Posted: 04:11:53 23/03/2012
Quote: Dragon15010
Quote: spyroflame0487
My face when this thread.

[User Posted Image]
Anyways, that's the 3 pack I just bought. So if your store was one of those unlucky ones who didn't get anything in, yours SHOULD have the 3 packs in for Sunday.

My store got only chop chop, hex, drobot, and bash. I thought they would have wave 4 skylanders! I also expected
the 3 pack above!

I just found all of wave 4 in my Walmart, but I'm not opening them for if I find that triple pack on Sunday at TRU I can buy that instead.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

WreckingBall Red Sparx Gems: 67
#1217 Posted: 06:05:03 23/03/2012
PEOPLE!! I WENT TO TOYS R US AND ASKED FOR DRAGON'S PEAK.. the guy at the counter reached from behind the counter and pulled out the pack!!!! he showed it to me I WAS STUNNED!! I touched it!! I saw it!! but he told me I couldnt take it smilie ... BUT! he told me...

THIS SATURDAY! 24th! Will be released!! they open at 10! .... and I will beat you all to get it >smilie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scorpion Green Sparx Gems: 499
#1218 Posted: 12:27:58 23/03/2012

I can't understand how some kids (and parents for that matter) will shell out an inordinate amount of money for a $7.99 toy, or $19.99 for a 3 pack (yes, I understand that some stores and areas are slightly more expensive). Reading that the new characters were only released in a handful of stores clearly means they'll reach other stores shortly. If not this weekend. Every couple of days, Amazon gets figures in. If you're using a tracker, or paying attention, you can nab yourself some. It won't be long before Amazon gets more of the new wave in.

I was patient and have been able to get every available character for not a penny over retail. My kids (7 and 9) and I have one set and we know how to SHARE them. We each choose our 3 favorites, that no one else can play, and the rest are fair game. I have no issues and not a single fight about it. I'll never understand the logic of getting each child their own set of characters.

This lust for absolutely having to have the characters the second they are released is what's driving up the scalpers prices. It's fueling them to grab every available one and sell for a premium. Granted, Activision has handled this very poorly, but eventually, Skylanders will be available everywhere at any time.

...stepping off soapbox...
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#1219 Posted: 13:13:43 23/03/2012
Quote: Scorpion

I was patient and have been able to get every available character for not a penny over retail. My kids (7 and 9) and I have one set and we know how to SHARE them. We each choose our 3 favorites, that no one else can play, and the rest are fair game. I have no issues and not a single fight about it. I'll never understand the logic of getting each child their own set of characters.

This is how I have been handling it as well. I have only bought at retail and I have everything through wave 3 except Empire of Ice. I would never buy my daughter her own set. There is no situation where we would both want to be the same character simultaneously badly enough to own multiples. I am using the same set of figures to play through the game multiple times with my girlfriend and my daughter, as well as solo. If I want a "new" character, I will just reset one of my existing figures. Experience and money is so plentiful that it doesn't matter.

I think most people are not buying multiple sets, or even a complete set for their kids. I see it all the time in the stores. Parents just buying a couple figures and leaving it at that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:15:50 23/03/2012 by Zing
Scorpion Green Sparx Gems: 499
#1220 Posted: 13:34:17 23/03/2012
Quote: Zing
I am using the same set of figures to play through the game multiple times with my girlfriend and my daughter, as well as solo. If I want a "new" character, I will just reset one of my existing figures. Experience and money is so plentiful that it doesn't matter.

Exactly! Then you get to play through the game multiple times getting the most out of the same figures!

I do wish there was a higher level cap on them, though...
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#1221 Posted: 14:24:48 23/03/2012
How are you guys getting stock info when you're calling TRUs?? I just called 4 and I keep getting 'I don't know' when asking about Dragons Peak for Sunday. If I call the 800 number, would that help at all?
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#1222 Posted: 15:04:44 23/03/2012
If they don't know Kesrael, then they don't know. Your best bet is show up Sunday and hope it's there. I expect them to get a shipment today for Sunday, but also expect some stores to put the stock out immediately. I am thinking new triple packs will hit TRU today. Just a hunch though. I know Best Buy will be getting or has gotten stock yesterday...and possibly today including the 3 pack of Z,LR,C. So...yeah...if you need those guys...start looking...they are showing up in other stores.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
#1223 Posted: 15:18:33 23/03/2012
If anyone going to TRU happens upon the new triple pack, and can grab me one, it would be much appreciated. I will return the favor in kind, on future Skylander finds, or even on this wave.

I would say I would trade someone a Dragon's Peak for one, as I have an unopened DP sitting in my garage, but who knows.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:19:48 23/03/2012 by GameMaster78
navyman0214 Red Sparx Gems: 76
#1224 Posted: 15:29:11 23/03/2012
I went to my local TRU here in Columbus Ohio and I arrived just before 8am and they don't open til 10. I was there til around 9 or so until someone else showed up. It was a couple of young ladies I had met a few weeks back. Before too long there were about 20 people waiting and they just wanted to buy for their kids and grandkids. The 2 ladies that I was talking to told me about 3 scalpers that show up and clean out the shelves, shortly after that they showed up. I remembered the 3 guys from a few weeks earlier when one cut the line and opened the outside doors before they opened the store to wait on the inside. Lucky for us they got there so late they were in the back of the line. You should of seen their faces when the manager came out and said they were giving out numbers and only 4 per customer and no doubles. Even though I was first in line I let the two ladies and another that was talking to us to go in first so I was 4th. They had 2 registers open and I was second in line on one. I looked behind the counter and seen a display with only 2 lightning rods and a bunch of zooks. The first two ladies got the L Rods and I was disapointed seeing as I had waited for 2 hours and was supposed to be first. It just so happened that the lady in front of me finished before her friend so I actually was helped third. I noticed that there was a shopping cart of skylanders behind the counter and I asked for a lightning rod just in case there was one in there. Sure enough he found one which just so happened to be the last. I felt a little bad for the lady that was supposed to be third, but oh well, needless to say she was pretty upset at the store. What made my day even better is knowing that the scalpers at the back of the line were not going to get much of anything by the time they got up there. I plan on showing up on Sunday around 6 or so just so I can get my copy of DP and this time I am not going to let anyone cut me.
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#1225 Posted: 15:59:59 23/03/2012
I was just at TRU to do my usual Friday check since I'm currently looking for some new wrestling and Batman figures. There was a few people waiting at the door and sure enough when doors opened they all went to the Skylanders but there was nothing there. I walked back after not finding what I was looking for and they were all still standing there. I'm thinking "what the hell are they waiting for the pegs are all empty". Than a TRU employee walked out with 4 boxes. They open them up and each one had 1 each of Zook, L-Rod, Ignitor, Stealth Elf, Drobot & Bash. They were still doing the 1 per person rule so luckily I was able to grab the last Zook they had. So I still need L-Rod but at least I got 1 of the new ones.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:02:50 23/03/2012 by ToxicFate
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#1226 Posted: 16:52:32 23/03/2012
Quote:
Even though I was first in line I let the two ladies and another that was talking to us to go in first so I was 4th.

You are a better person than me, because I wouldn't have let anyone cut me. Especially, if I had been there so long before anyone showed up. Not only that, you almost missed out because of your "altruism". They must have been hot.
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#1227 Posted: 17:00:41 23/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Well I will let you in on some info. This goes for everyone. The TRU event only had a 1 limit on Skylanders for single packs. Dragon's Peak was open season. You should have seen it. I saw it go from 54 DP's, to 3 in less than 3 minutes. It was like Black Friday.

I'm partly joking, however, when it comes to asking for help for an Ignitor. Sure, it would be nice, seeing as I've helped a ****load of people here. I won't put a gun to anyone's head and make them help me, though. If someone wants to help, cool. If not, what can I do?

Someone here was nice enough to help me get the new triple pack. Actually two of them. So my kids have 1 of 2 Zook and Lightning Rod, and I have one to hang on my wall.

That's what this should all be about. Helping each other. I have my eye on wave 4 characters for 1 friend locally and others here who didn't score any today.

Despite all the hate, I'll see if I can find one you need if I don't get Sunny-D on the 25th. I could trade for, well, a DP, of course.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
#1228 Posted: 20:05:05 24/03/2012
disapointment... i went in today at 10 am... to toys r us and they told me not until tomorrow D: .. but at least we know now.. tomorrow check your nearest toys r us =)
#1229 Posted: 21:06:19 24/03/2012
^They told me that too and I lied and told them I'm from where there are no TRU's and they still refused.

I even went 10 minutes before they opened.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:06:55 24/03/2012 by Whirlwind5598
#1230 Posted: 04:51:20 25/03/2012
it sucks! lol what will you tell them tomorrow though? hahahaha im super excited! >=D
#1231 Posted: 07:11:48 25/03/2012
They probably won't recognize me, but I'll say that we decided to wait so we wouldn't pay shipping.
---

Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#1232 Posted: 10:23:24 25/03/2012
im getting all ready for thursday in australia i really hope to pick up a dragons peak wish me luck!!!!!
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
First | Previous | Page 25 of 25
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me