Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 21 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
March 21st Toys R Us [CLOSED]
Dark Gyro Blue Sparx Gems: 656
#1001 Posted: 17:49:09 21/03/2012
Quote: SteveW
Dragon's Peak was released. I got it this morning at Toys-R-Us in Cincinnati (Kenwood), they had about 20 of them.

It rang up just fine, I don't know where that rumour of it being released on 3-25 came from. That was the only 4th wave thing our Toys-R-Us had today.

Not true. DP is supposed to be released on 3/25.Some stores mistakenly put theirs out today.

The store I went to had them, but refuses to sell them until Sunday.
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#1002 Posted: 17:54:15 21/03/2012
Quote: xerokills
So it looks like west coasters won this battle. I got 3 zook and 2 lightning rods! So ecstatic right now! My nephew is gonna be a happy camper!

[User Posted Image]

Im from the West Coast and I did not get any? smilie
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
slpfw0802 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#1003 Posted: 17:54:26 21/03/2012
So it looks like west coasters won this battle. I got 3 zook and 2 lightning rods! So ecstatic right now! My nephew is gonna be a happy camper!

I live in CA and there was nothing new at my TRU, but there were a bunch of bashes and sonic booms, so not all west coasters won. I am so mad since i just wanted zook since he is really cool! I mean if they had the others i would have gotten them but they didnt so whatever.
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Awesome profile pic by nintendofan92
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#1004 Posted: 17:54:28 21/03/2012
^ Lucky...i've got to wait till the weekends to go to a TRU
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#1005 Posted: 17:54:48 21/03/2012
Dragon's Peak was released. I got it this morning at Toys-R-Us in Cincinnati (Kenwood), they had about 20 of them.

It rang up just fine, I don't know where that rumour of it being released on 3-25 came from. That was the only 4th wave thing our Toys-R-Us had today.

It's no rumor. It was taken from me at the register from the TRU cashier. 3-25-12 is what corporate told them. Why they were even on the floor to begin with is beyond me.
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#1006 Posted: 17:55:31 21/03/2012
Guess I got lucky then... smilie
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#1007 Posted: 17:55:36 21/03/2012

[User Posted Image]

^Nice find, congratulations! I obtained one Zook and a Lightning Rod. I was also helping people out and handing them Skylanders that they were asking for. I ran into one guy that looked like a scalper that pushed me out of the way. Quite a few people pushed me but oh well, I guess it's because I'm short smilie.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#1008 Posted: 17:56:24 21/03/2012
Quote: Tigorus

It's no rumor. It was taken from me at the register from the TRU cashier. 3-25-12 is what corporate told them. Why they were even on the floor to begin with is beyond me.

Happened to me and a couple of other customers. Some of them were not too happy when the sales rep took them away.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#1009 Posted: 17:56:41 21/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
If they had Bash single packs, then yes, they Zook and L. Rod.

Not true. I was right there at the beginning of the line and nobody had bought any yet. I know none of the TRU employees are scalpers as I'm there all the time and have talked to a few of them about it. The had 3 or 4 Bash's sitting on the table but as I said there was nothing new. They just didn't get any new stuff in period. It was just Bash, Chop Chop, Hex & Drill Sergeant.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:57:40 21/03/2012 by ToxicFate
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#1010 Posted: 17:57:31 21/03/2012
TO ALL OF YOU THAT HAD DRAGONS PEAK IN YOUR HANDS.

You should have just walked around the store with it and hid it somewhere....

I hid an action figure over 2 months ago (that I plan on purchasing) and it's still there...

If you hid the Dragons Peak behind like a large girls toy box (like behind a box for a kitchen playset) i highly doubt they'd find it. The thing I hid is in the video game section (behind a box for some chicken shooting game for wii) and it's still there.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#1011 Posted: 17:58:27 21/03/2012
Quote: ToxicFate
Quote: GameMaster78
If they had Bash single packs, then yes, they Zook and L. Rod.

Not true. I was right there at the beginning of the line and nobody had bought any yet. I know none of the TRU employees are scalpers as I'm there all the time and have talked to a few of them about it. The had 3 or 4 Bash's sitting on the table but as I said there was nothing new. They just didn't get any new stuff in period. It was just Bash, Chop Chop, Hex & Drill Sergeant.

Same here. Second in line between two kids and their grandma. They both grabbed Sonic Booms...I know there were no Lightning Rods or Zooks when the store opened.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
TheFireInside Gold Sparx Gems: 2426
#1012 Posted: 18:00:14 21/03/2012
I was so happy it was 5 per guest! I was also at Everett and got there about an hour early, grabbed 1 ignitor, zook and lightning rod, and my mother grabbed a couple extra lightning rods since there was plenty to go around, along with 1 zook and 2 sonic boom triple packs. great haul! I'll definitely be back sunday to get dragon's peak.

[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Kaizena Red Sparx Gems: 89
#1013 Posted: 18:00:54 21/03/2012
I live in Montgomery, AL and at out Toys R Us they had Zook and Lightening Rod. Won't have Dragon's Peak until Sunday
#1014 Posted: 18:04:21 21/03/2012
To TheFireInside:

I'm glad that you were able to get them, they were going pretty fast. I'm also heading back there Sunday for Dragon's Peak.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

#1015 Posted: 18:04:46 21/03/2012
@ Opals comment: ^Nice find, congratulations! I obtained one Zook and a Lightning Rod. I was also helping people out and handing them Skylanders that they were asking for. I ran into one guy that looked like a scalper that pushed me out of the way. Quite a few people pushed me but oh well, I guess it's because I'm short smilie.

I stopped a lot of scalping from happening. I felt like a scalper getting 3 of one and 2 of another, but they are all going to good homes at the cost it took me to get them...my coworker, my brother and 1 zook for me. I really wanted Zook. Sorry I didn't get to meet you Opal. I was the guy 1st in line...lol
---
#1016 Posted: 18:06:42 21/03/2012
I'll see you guys Sunday in Everett! Heck yeah! Get there early and we can chit chat for a bit! smilie
---
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#1017 Posted: 18:08:30 21/03/2012
Quote: SkyDaddy

Im from the West Coast and I did not get any? smilie

I heard some guy on the west coast bought several of each figure, so maybe that is why you missed out. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:08:49 21/03/2012 by Zing
#1018 Posted: 18:08:32 21/03/2012
That's so screwed up that some stores got bunches of them and stores like the one here got nothing. TRU fails at distribution.
#1019 Posted: 18:08:33 21/03/2012
To xerokills:

^ I was almost last in line smilie. I was wearing a black Resident Evil Umbrella shirt with a Mario star messenger bag. Good luck getting Dragon's Peak.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:09:18 21/03/2012 by OpalOsprey
Dangermom Green Sparx Gems: 458
#1020 Posted: 18:09:17 21/03/2012
Quote: Gaiaknight
if any michigan skylander fans here anything about lightning rod, zook or dragons peak let me no i just need 1 of each ; ;

Pontiac and Westland for sure have Dragons Peak and will sell them Sunday
---
81/99!
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#1021 Posted: 18:10:10 21/03/2012
Well i checked two toys r us stores today. The first one (i was FIRST in line for once) had only gotten dragons peak. the second didnt get anything at all, just old stuff.
So yep im still calling stores every day for zook and lightning rod for a while. Lame
#1022 Posted: 18:14:27 21/03/2012
If they allow only one per on Sunday, then so be it, but I'm hopeful they allow 3. I need 3 for family and friends...sigh...expensive...
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1023 Posted: 18:16:11 21/03/2012
Blah. Still needing 2 Zook, 2 Lightning Rod, and 1 Ignitor and my daughter will be set for that Cynder.

Someone here was nice enough to help me land the new triple pack. I owe that person big time.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#1024 Posted: 18:18:24 21/03/2012
I didn't see the new triple pack at all, just singles.

If they only allow 1 per customer on sunday that'll be alright with me, all I plan on getting is dragon's peak unless they have voodude, blue bash or the legendary triple pack.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1025 Posted: 18:18:29 21/03/2012
To Xerokills & The FireInside:

^ I have a feeling that they're not going to limit it. They allowed five per person for this event so why would they be less lenient with the lesser known Dragon's Peak release.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:19:35 21/03/2012 by OpalOsprey
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#1026 Posted: 18:19:33 21/03/2012
I have a spare Cynder that I could trade with some cash for Empire of Ice, if anyone picked up an extra or has some at their local shops.
Glass Gryphon Gold Sparx Gems: 2686
#1027 Posted: 18:21:54 21/03/2012
For those of you in Queens, NY. Wave 4 arrived in TRU - Junction Blvd! They have that 1 toy per customer thing so I only got Lighting Rod. Hopefully I can go back tomorrow to get Zook if he's still there.
---
¡¡I love exclamation points!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:23:17 21/03/2012 by Glass Gryphon
RidgeRat517 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1362
#1028 Posted: 18:26:11 21/03/2012
Hi all, Just got home from my TRU out here in Southern California. They had a line set up at the door this morning. Once the doors opened they had us WALK single file to the electronics dept, where they had one of each skylander on a table and then we had to tell them which ones we wanted. We were allowed two per customer and we were not allowed to get back in line after that. The skylanders that they had were, Zook, Lightening Rod, Ignitor, Stealth Elf, Chop Chop and a few other of the older ones. They also had Dragon's Peak (which I was told was not included in the 2 per customer) out but when I got to the cash the register would not accept it and then the girl said that they can not sell until 3/25 and she yelled for the other employees to remove it. So I guess I will be going back on Sunday.

On a side note, I did hit up a Target this morning and they had a bunch of older ones, Whirlwind, Sonic Boom, Stump Smash, Irruptor, and a few others. The also had the triple pack with Stealth Elf, and a triple pack with Double Trouble. They had one Empire of Ice and one Dark Crypt.
#1029 Posted: 18:30:03 21/03/2012
That's cool that there were some at Target, though, I thought they were having some issues with getting the product, I haven't seen any Skylanders at a Target in a couple of months.
---
Judge Green Sparx Gems: 312
#1030 Posted: 18:30:28 21/03/2012
I was right at the front ours had about 12 - 15 of each figure of whirlwind drill sergeant bash stumpsmash sonic boom drobot hex. but nothing new we were limited to 3 total but i have all those so i didnt buy. maybe some TRUs holding the new ones for release with DP on the 25th
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ramster1221 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1957
#1031 Posted: 18:35:01 21/03/2012
Quote: Aura24
Perhaps fans should call first before going to TRU...

Wow amazing that there's more people that think like me. Saves a TON of money on gas and time.
Dark Gyro Blue Sparx Gems: 656
#1032 Posted: 18:35:45 21/03/2012
Quote: RidgeRat517
Hi all, Just got home from my TRU out here in Southern California. They had a line set up at the door this morning. Once the doors opened they had us WALK single file to the electronics dept, where they had one of each skylander on a table and then we had to tell them which ones we wanted. We were allowed two per customer and we were not allowed to get back in line after that. The skylanders that they had were, Zook, Lightening Rod, Ignitor, Stealth Elf, Chop Chop and a few other of the older ones. They also had Dragon's Peak (which I was told was not included in the 2 per customer) out but when I got to the cash the register would not accept it and then the girl said that they can not sell until 3/25 and she yelled for the other employees to remove it. So I guess I will be going back on Sunday.

On a side note, I did hit up a Target this morning and they had a bunch of older ones, Whirlwind, Sonic Boom, Stump Smash, Irruptor, and a few others. The also had the triple pack with Stealth Elf, and a triple pack with Double Trouble. They had one Empire of Ice and one Dark Crypt.

How ridiculous is it that the East Coast stores opened THREE HOURS earlier than the West Coast stores yet they're still having the same problems with Dragon's Peak!?

My lord, send out a mass email to the stores making sure no more stores put them out today given the confusion that has taken place. How hard is that?
sandmjuggalos Red Sparx Gems: 12
#1033 Posted: 18:42:11 21/03/2012
I was at TRU in Vegas on Maryland & Flamingo. I got a Chop Chop and Zook. We had the same problem with the DP's. They had quite a few Hex, Leg. Trigger Happy, Ignitor and a few other ones. Couldn't find a Cynder though. smilie

I will be back on Sun. to get the DP pack. Apparently, the East Coast stores let them know early about the DP didn't even give us a chance to grab one to put on hold for Sun.

This Skylanders thing WILL be the death of some of us parents. smilie
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#1034 Posted: 18:42:36 21/03/2012
I think back on my experience when the assistant manager came out and gave out tickets to buy L-Trigger Happy. This happened after the store opened and all the people were at the Skylanders section. I'm thinking he saw the disappointment that people had over no new figures being there. Most of us came for new figures and people weren't grabbing up the old ones. He must have felt "better to sell something versus people walking out with nothing". He did say that L-Trigger Happy was the only one new they had, but another employee was saying they couldn't sell Sunburn until the 25th, which makes me think they may have had other new figures. I think TRU (at least the one in Fayetteville, GA) was using today as a way to clear stock before putting out the new stuff on the 25th. I do plan to stop by there (or any other that I'm near) before Sunday to see if I can score Ignitor, Lightning Rod, and/or Zook.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:43:52 21/03/2012 by GamerDrone
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#1035 Posted: 18:44:06 21/03/2012
So, does anyone still think there will more on Sun? Imma ask later if mine's still around at TRU.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
skylanderdad Red Sparx Gems: 98
#1036 Posted: 18:44:08 21/03/2012
I was just wondering about everyone's event today : when the store
Opened how many people were in line and when did the first person arrive ?

I'm in Newport news Virginia... I arrived at 8:45 and 7 people were in front of me.. First 2 got there at 7:30 and by the time they opened there were 60 people in line
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#1037 Posted: 18:44:33 21/03/2012
According to my dad, the guys he talked to were very nice and told him that they had not seen Rod or Zook all day, but the other figures in the box included Bash, Stealth Elf, and Drill Sarge; At least 2 of which I KNOW were in the box, however my cousin said they weren't open yesterday. My store doesn't really have any scalpers either, and I don't see any of the staff look like they would.

So I dunno. Maybe us Ohioans got them, and someone sneakily got them before us.

EDIT: Could..could someone be a hero for me?

If someone got a hold of Zook or Lightning Rod, could you please PM me what the UPC Code is on the bottom? And/or the # for the character on your receipt? I could use the number with my cousin so she could look it up in our TRU's system. I thought Drill Sarge had his on here, but I don't see the picture anymore. haha

EDIT2: Thanks guys!
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:01:31 21/03/2012 by spyroflame0487
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#1038 Posted: 18:45:47 21/03/2012
I'm in south-central Florida. I got to my TRU by 8:40 and there were two ladies in line in front of me. By 10, there were over thirty people total in line.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#1039 Posted: 18:47:03 21/03/2012
Quote: ialexonline

I hid an action figure over 2 months ago (that I plan on purchasing) and it's still there...

If you hid the Dragons Peak behind like a large girls toy box (like behind a box for a kitchen playset) i highly doubt they'd find it. The thing I hid is in the video game section (behind a box for some chicken shooting game for wii) and it's still there.

Won't work. They have these scans on them so they can be located anywhere in there.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Alcatalog Blue Sparx Gems: 753
#1040 Posted: 18:47:44 21/03/2012
Las Vegas, arrived ~9:10, first in line
---
Got 38
#1041 Posted: 18:47:58 21/03/2012
Im in the sacramento area in california and we had about 30+ people in line before the store opened @ 9 am.
---
#1042 Posted: 18:51:30 21/03/2012
Cleveland (Parma) OH, Dad got there about 10:30.

No new Skylanders but a lot of older stock. However, they had a few that according to GM are in the box for Wave 4 so..eh.

No new 3 Packs or Dragons Peak either. The guys who worked there said not very many people were in line.
---
Legen-Dairy Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#1043 Posted: 18:54:20 21/03/2012
Spyroflame & skylanderdad, have you guys collected Disney Cars? Just wondering.
#1044 Posted: 18:56:27 21/03/2012
Zook UPC is: 47875 84188

Lightning Rod UPC is: 47875 84182
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#1045 Posted: 18:56:32 21/03/2012
Quote: SkyDaddy
Im in the sacramento area in california and we had about 30+ people in line before the store opened @ 9 am.

Hey my old hood. Sac was always highly competitive as far as collecting goes. Which TRU did you go to Arden or Sunrise and Greenback?
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#1046 Posted: 18:57:20 21/03/2012
Quote: PinkWater
Quote: ialexonline

Won't work. They have these scans on them so they can be located anywhere in there.

Do they really? I didn't know that.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#1047 Posted: 18:57:26 21/03/2012
No idea if they had Dragon's Peak or Wave 4 as by the time I got there the shelves were nearly cleared out

BUT, I did find Sonic Boom and Drobot so, the rumors of the old waves getting restocked as well holds up at least.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#1048 Posted: 18:57:56 21/03/2012
Ohio 1st in line 5am 40 in line bye 10am when store opened few Zooks and Ignitors and couple L Rods a bunch of older ones 50 Dragons peaks but no sale they were all taken away from us upon checkout. Most people bought a few things then left pissed about a crappy event big deal toy r us what were u thinking making your guest mad?
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#1049 Posted: 18:59:43 21/03/2012
Quote: Legen-Dairy
Spyroflame & skylanderdad, have you guys collected Disney Cars? Just wondering.

Yep. I've never seen it crazy like this. I always intended to go to the Cars event at K-mart, but even there, they had tickets and people were allowed to get a case and get what they wanted out first. I mainly collect the Chase ones though and it's a pleasant surprise when I find one!

Having a mad rush to a item is absolutely bonkers. Distribute tickets, call the numbers and let people, one at a time go and get the thing. That shouldn't be that hard.
---
#1050 Posted: 18:59:46 21/03/2012
Waterford, CT

Got there a little before 9:30 and there was 5 people in line. By the time the doors opened there was maybe 50. The first guy in line got there at 5:30 this morning. I felt bad for him as he was just looking for the new stuff for him and his kids and they didn't get any in.
First | Previous | Page 21 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me