Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 19 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
March 21st Toys R Us [CLOSED]
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#901 Posted: 15:23:58 21/03/2012
I'm annoyed as hell... I went to TRU at 9 but they didn't open until 10 so I waited with some other people. Then an employee came out and told us that they only had singles of old characters and that they would not be putting out anything new, including legendaries, until Sunday. We waited anyway in hopes that he might be wrong. He was not. On top of that it was a limit of one per customer. Not one of each type of character, but literally one item per customer. I understand wanting to combat scalpers but give me a damn break.

FYI this is in Austin, TX at the Research Blvd. location.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:26:52 21/03/2012 by budkin
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#902 Posted: 15:29:36 21/03/2012
Dragon's Peak sighted! But we have to wait til the 25th to buy... But I did get it! And one per person, yes; I just want DP, so I really don't care.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#903 Posted: 15:30:37 21/03/2012
Well maybe by Sunday the Baltimore-Washington area might see Zook and Lighting Rod. If they continue the one item per customer then I can at least have my wife with me then. Manage to get the Dragon's Peak and at least one other figure. Dragon's Peak is the only exclusive too so maybe the other singles might magically show up in my local Target or Walmart. They are a bit closer than the 20 minute drive to TRU.
strls Red Sparx Gems: 25
#904 Posted: 15:32:02 21/03/2012
Went to TRU this morning with my five year old son. I figured I let him play hookey (don't judge me), he's been waiting for this new wave. He has the strategy guide and Sunburn and Zook are the two he's wanted since he got the game for Christmas. So we waited outside the store, literally in the rain (be happy to link you to our weather today), but we were first in line so we just stood under the awning outside the store for 45 mins or so. A huge line formed, my son would walk out and look down the wall and report back how long it was. The doors opened at 9:30 and it was somewhat of a rush.

I can give credit to the majority of adults, no one tried to go over my son. But if you could see how it went it was quite hilarious. All the individuals were on the left and all the DP on the right. We took a DP and looked at all the individuals, just Bash, Chop Chop, and Hex. All these hands reaching in and then pulling back when they realized the same.

Went to the register (first ones there) with our one DP. Wait, scan, wait, scan. Something isn't right. Lady takes the DP from my son (he's holding it while she's trying to figure it out), and says Sorry we can't sell this today. Come back Sunday. My son was upset but he didn't throw a tantrum or anything, he quickly realized he wasn't going to get blood from a stone so we left.

He swears he's done with the game now, I think he's just peeved right now. I don't fault TRU for their horrible stock on new individual characters, but when we go into the toy store there are signs everywhere 'Come back 3/21 - Skylanders out ready to play, new skylanders!!!' Not really. And the DP thing was just awful. Glad to know Zook was found out in the wild, is he TRU exclusive for 30 days as well?

---
Update 3/22 :
To be fair to Toys R Us, I did send them an email about my issue yesterday and received a call today. They confirmed a Dragon's Peak will be held and apologized for my issue, it was more than I expected given how little this issue is versus real issues they probably face in their store. However, it wouldn't be fair to them to come here and rant and not acknowledge they did resolve it. I'll post back Sunday when we get our DP. My son is going to be excited.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:05:46 22/03/2012 by strls
#905 Posted: 15:32:46 21/03/2012
Quote: hoodoo
Update: my wife says they have tons of Dragons peak on shelf but they are pulling them since it will not ring up. They did put her name on the one she had and put it behind the counter for Sunday.

Me too! But then some other employee put the ones on the shelf back. I got mine with name and phone number in the back room, but I'm scared they'll take my name off and put it back in the box, since they're not allowed to sell now. ...Should I be worried?
---

Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#906 Posted: 15:32:59 21/03/2012
Cedar Rapids, IA

Arrived at my TRU 10 minutes early. Pulled into the lot and there was one lady with a stroller waiting at the door. I joined her, asked her if she was there for Skylanders, she said "yes" and that she drove an hour to get to this store. Soon, our numbers grew as people who were waiting in their cars realized their mistake and joined up until there were about 10 to 12 of us. Fortunately, no one ran through the store when the doors were opened (about 5 minutes early), and a couple of us made sure that the lady who was there first got what she wanted.

Lots of singles - none of them new releases (I checked them all).

A few triple packs - none of them the new release.

Lots of adventure packs, including 6 Dragon's Peak. I grabbed one, took it to the counter, and got the red notification on the screen that it wasn't allowed to be sold until the 25th. The manager went to his office to verify it, and confirmed the date. He did allow us to put our names on our package (stapled it, actually) and they will hold it for us, so it wasn't a total loss.

So, I came back to work empty-handed, but semi-successful in my quest. All in all, it was pretty much what I expected.

The interesting part is this: I am leaving for a week long vacation on Sunday, and won't be able to get back to this store until 04/02. I told them this, and they made a note on it and assured me it would still be there for me when I arrive at the store. We shall see. My opinion of TRU would improve drastically if they held up their end of the bargain.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:35:05 21/03/2012 by Himewad
Dark Gyro Blue Sparx Gems: 656
#907 Posted: 15:34:47 21/03/2012
I'm completely disgusted. I called yesterday to see about Dragon's Peak and was told that they had them in and would be selling them today. The employee said he didn't know which individual Skys they had, but that they had a bunch and would bet they'd have the new ones.

Well, after waiting in line for over an hour (3rd in line of at least a hundred people), they hadn't gotten anything in but 4 figures that had been out since launch. When people complained, we were met by a surly Assistant Manager (the Manager took his day off today - the day of an event) who just told us to call the 800 number.

To make matters worse, I called the other stores in the area and they had all received the new figures.

I'm absolutely disgusted with Toys R Us. I buy A LOT from them but those days may be over. The Assistant Manager didn't even offer to put my name an a DP on Sunday knowing that I had been told they'd be on sale today. Horrible, horrible customer service.

What also infuriates me is that the AM could have come out at any time and told the line what they had and that they didn't receive any new figures (they on;y received 4 figures for heaven's sakes!)..
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#908 Posted: 15:35:32 21/03/2012
All of you are lucky who got DP reserved!

I saw a Dragons Peak on the counter and asked about it, manager said it cant be sold until Sunday. I asked if I could reserve it. He said no.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#909 Posted: 15:37:36 21/03/2012
I drove by my local TRU after I dropped off my daughter at preschool and there was at least 12 people waiting out front with 45 minutes until open. After reading that most people were striking out, I decided to just give up for today since the odds seemed that waiting for 45 minutes would be for naught. Did they have any signage up for the DP release this Sunday? If not, maybe there won't be as many people since people won't find out until they get the Sunday paper. I guess I'll plan on getting there an hour early with my kids on Sunday morning. They can play Skylanders on their DSs until they open. smilie

I remember taking them to Target/TRU/Best Buy on the day of Skylanders release to get all the exclusives, we were the only ones buying them at open that morning. Something tells me the release for Giants will be a little different!
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#910 Posted: 15:40:29 21/03/2012
Quote: jmrothermel
I don't know why, and I'm not going to complain, but my TRU had DP on the shelf, they rang up fine?'c and I'm one hell of a happy camper smilie. Today's a great day!

Pics or it didn't happen.

Quote: PinkWater
Update: my wife says they have tons of Dragons peak on shelf but they are pulling them since it will not ring up. They did put her name on the one she had and put it behind the counter for Sunday.

Me too! But then some other employee put the ones on the shelf back. I got mine with name and phone number in the back room, but I'm scared they'll take my name off and put it back in the box, since they're not allowed to sell now. ...Should I be worried?

I for one am VERY concerned that my name will be removed from my reserved Dragon's Peak.
---
#911 Posted: 15:43:52 21/03/2012
FORGET THE TICKETS. YOU GOTTA FIGHT FOR 'EM. That's basically what happened.

I got there about 7 minutes before they opened, but it was like a mini Black Friday. About 20 people in front of me POURED in, and sprinted to the Skylanders section. All I could see were backs and butts while they they struggled for DP. I thought I missed out, but I caught a guy unboxing them, and took my pick. It didn't ring up, but they held them for us, anyway. But some others came in about 30 seconds later, and we're refused any boxes. I'm scared for mine.

It was really sad... Everyone had to've been 30+ years old and wanted to make money off it, while I only wanna play. I know it's been like that since the beginning, but this is the first time I've actually seen a scramble, not counting Black Friday, and that was at least organized.

They had: Bash, Chop Chop, Stealth Elf, Drill Sarge, Sonic Boom, and a Drobot 3 pack, as well, as about 2-100 DP's, in and out the box, I'm assuming.
---

#912 Posted: 15:43:54 21/03/2012
Totally uncool all these Dragon Peaks.

I saw Dragons Peaks, asked if I could reserve them and they told me no. I might call both my local stores later and ask over the phone. It's totally unfair. I dont want to have to wake up early this sunday and stand in line again for something I should have been able to get today.

This is in South Florida. My store also didn't even have a Zook or Lightning Rod (only interested in Lightning Rod...) which is horrendous. I guess I know why the line wasn't so long at this store...they had crap.

It's actually pathetic the scalpers though. There was a guy there at 8:00 that said he'd buy every single Skylander in stock. They refused him. He came back when the doors opened and said it straight out to a parent "If they would have let me I would have bought every single one" ... I was like...that's pathetic. The ones they released aren't evne rare...if someone is going to pay premium for a chop chop they have a problem....

I want Dragons Peak though and Lightning Rod. Hopefully I can pre-order one or have it put on hold sometime before Sunday so I dont have to be up crack of dawn for them.

I'm also worried that because Sunday is a weekend the line will be much worse...and they will probably have less Dragons Peaks...im guessing 5-10

EDIT: I forgot to add that I came home, called the other TRU (theres a TRU 10 minutes in both directions from my house) and they had ONE legendary Trig left. So I had them hold it for 10 minutes and drove to the store and picked him up. No idea if they had Lightning Rod or Zook earlier, but my guess is no considering the stock they had left was exactly the same as the other store.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:47:08 21/03/2012 by ialexonline
Morgan Elf Green Sparx Gems: 136
#913 Posted: 15:45:45 21/03/2012
The first picture was outside Toys R Us in Kennesaw, GA at 9:15am, the second was when I finally made it to the aisle with the Skylanders at about 10:35am. I got one Legendary Trigger Happy. They said Dragons Peak would be available on a first come first serve basis on Sunday Morning. Two people in front of me got the last single pack Zook and Lightning Rod, I also saw a few single pack Ignitors. They were very strict on the limit 1 character per customer, so I was happy about that, but still, not enough stock to supply demand, everyone behind was getting really mad when they realized the first 20 or so people were the only ones to get new figures.

http://skylandersfanpage.webs....otoid=152007925

http://skylandersfanpage.webs....otoid=152007924
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#914 Posted: 15:45:56 21/03/2012
Quote: strls
He swears he's done with the game now, I think he's just peeved right now. I don't fault TRU for their horrible stock on new individual characters, but when we go into the toy store there are signs everywhere 'Come back 3/21 - Skylanders out ready to play, new skylanders!!!' Not really. And the DP thing was just awful. Glad to know Zook was found out in the wild, is he TRU exclusive for 30 days as well?

That's horrible. It sounds like this happened at a bunch of stores and the employees should have taken peoples names and phone numbers and held them for them on Sunday. As soon as corporate found out about it, they should have allowed the SKU to go live and just put them on sale.

I would recommend everyone who's had these experiences call the 1-800-TOYSRUS number and complain, as well as complain to the Store Manager. The only way a company like this will ever change is if enough people call with common complaint.

It's also time for Activision to meet demand. It is ludicrous that 3 months after Christmas, they still haven't met demand. This game is popular, but it isn't THAT popular. People are going to get so tired of the impossibility of finding these figures that they're going to give up – and not just for this game, but for GIANTS as well. They must have lost million and millions of dollars by not having the figures available to sell. And the sad thing is, people won't wait – they'll just complete the game and move on to something else.
judasghost Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#915 Posted: 15:48:59 21/03/2012
what a waste of time...

although i was right in that i finally got Bash.

to those of you worried about the limit, they don't enforce it after a while when everyone buys stuff and leaves. so grab what you want and wander around in the store for 15 minutes. that's what i did.

along with Bash i got another Legendary TH, a 3-pack with Sonic Boom & Stealth Elf, and a Chop Chop bobble

head stylus (i felt like throwing money away today).

this event.... what a joke...
---
37/37 (as of 8/15/12) ... 3/4 sidekicks (as of 8/17/12) ... 4th sidekick came in 8/22/12
5/8 giants .. 5/8 new guys .. 2/8 light core .. 1/? battle packs
MoonlitCynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2589
#916 Posted: 15:49:35 21/03/2012
My TRU had nothing but older figures! I'm so upset. Thank goodness I ordered a triple pack of L-Rod, Zook, and Cynder this morning from Amazon
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#917 Posted: 15:49:38 21/03/2012
Quote: Dark Gyro
Quote: strls

That's horrible. It sounds like this happened at a bunch of stores and the employees should have taken peoples names and phone numbers and held them for them on Sunday. As soon as corporate found out about it, they should have allowed the SKU to go live and just put them on sale.

I would recommend everyone who's had these experiences call the 1-800-TOYSRUS number and complain, as well as complain to the Store Manager. The only way a company like this will ever change is if enough people call with common complaint.

It's also time for Activision to meet demand. It is ludicrous that 3 months after Christmas, they still haven't met demand. This game is popular, but it isn't THAT popular. People are going to get so tired of the impossibility of finding these figures that they're going to give up – and not just for this game, but for GIANTS as well. They must have lost million and millions of dollars by not having the figures available to sell. And the sad thing is, people won't wait – they'll just complete the game and move on to something else.

I'm at this point...
I haven't played Skylanders in about 2 months but I went out for my figures this morning and it's a bid ridiculous how much time and money im wasting for a company that clearly doesnt want my money.
---
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#918 Posted: 15:49:47 21/03/2012
I'm already not doing Giants bc of this. Lame
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
#919 Posted: 15:53:44 21/03/2012
Quote: Himewad
Quote: jmrothermel
I don't know why, and I'm not going to complain, but my TRU had DP on the shelf, they rang up fine?'c and I'm one hell of a happy camper smilie. Today's a great day!

Pics or it didn't happen.

Quote: PinkWater

I for one am VERY concerned that my name will be removed from my reserved Dragon's Peak.

Considering they keep going back and forth with reserving and refusing, I fear the worst. Anyone know if more Sunburns come out on Sunday? I hope everyone's either too lazy or in church to go.
---

walker2003 Green Sparx Gems: 223
#920 Posted: 15:54:17 21/03/2012
My mother n law picked up mine and she said there was no line to get them. She only got Zook and LRod but the employee had to go in the back to get them. They also told her Dragon's Peak would be out Sunday.
L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#921 Posted: 15:54:36 21/03/2012
My friend got zook and i almost got a lightning rod. It sucks though they had it at a table for show but then some person picked it up as if it were for sale then got my lightning rod... Sucks.
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#922 Posted: 15:55:12 21/03/2012
Quote:

I'm wondering if Activision is trying to artificially hype demand by limiting quantities. Skylanders seems popular and they keep running out, but the lines of people to buy them don't seem that long. This isn't similar to a new console launch or even black friday levels of demand. Running out of product can't be a good thing when people want to buy what Activision is selling. The prices are pretty much the same (TRU is $2 higher) and people are mostly looking for new stuff. Someone at Activision figures this is the best way to do it, but it may have unintended consequences.
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#923 Posted: 15:58:33 21/03/2012
Quote: Kesrael
I'm already not doing Giants bc of this. Lame

Same here.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#924 Posted: 16:04:21 21/03/2012
[User Posted Image]
Does this look like Im kiddin ya? No I think its the real deal kidz.......
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#925 Posted: 16:04:33 21/03/2012
Quote: GamerDrone
Quote:

I'm wondering if Activision is trying to artificially hype demand by limiting quantities. Skylanders seems popular and they keep running out, but the lines of people to buy them don't seem that long. This isn't similar to a new console launch or even black friday levels of demand. Running out of product can't be a good thing when people want to buy what Activision is selling. The prices are pretty much the same (TRU is $2 higher) and people are mostly looking for new stuff. Someone at Activision figures this is the best way to do it, but it may have unintended consequences.

I've heard other people say this and there's just no way. The demand after Christmas would have been enough to create hype. Limited quantities on new figures (when they're first released) would do that as well.

At this point, Activision is doing nothing but losing money. People are just going to finish the game, lose interest and move on. With something like this, you have to strike while the iron is hot. They've probably lost tens of millions (if not hundreds) by not having product available to sell.

If they are waiting, expecting to build a market for these figures from March until October (when GIANTS comes out), then they're in for a rude awaking. I imagine the fan base for this game is dwindling more and more every day.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:07:22 21/03/2012 by Dark Gyro
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#926 Posted: 16:07:42 21/03/2012
Well, after being at TRU since 5 AM CST, I got what I needed... somewhat. I still need 2 Zook, 2 Lightning Rod, and 1 Ignitor, and my daughter can have my Cynder.

Hope everyone else had good fortune.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#927 Posted: 16:10:06 21/03/2012
Hello everyone I've been reading this board for a couple weeks now and wanted to sign up and share my experience.

I showed up to the Waterford, CT TRU around 9:30 and there was 5 people in line. There was probably around 50-60 by the time doors opened up. Of course they came out and said 1 figure per person and handed out tickets. Went inside and everyone was pretty disappointed and let down. All they had was a small table set up with maybe 15 figures total and said that's all that they got. No Zook, L.Rod or Dragon's Peak. All they had was Bash, Chop Chop, Drill Sergeant and Hex. I grabbed Bash as I still needed him but man what a waste of time that was.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:16:35 21/03/2012 by ToxicFate
#928 Posted: 16:10:20 21/03/2012
Quote: walker2003
My mother n law picked up mine and she said there was no line to get them. She only got Zook and LRod but the employee had to go in the back to get them. They also told her Dragon's Peak would be out Sunday.

Why in the world would they have to go to the back to get them?!? They've had signs up for a couple of weeks telling us to come back on the 21st, and then they hold back stock? Outrageous.
---
#929 Posted: 16:11:15 21/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Well, after being at TRU since 5 AM CST, I got what I needed... somewhat. I still need 2 Zook, 2 Lightning Rod, and 1 Ignitor, and my daughter can have my Cynder.

Have you been reading? Everyone else has pretty much been pissed on.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#930 Posted: 16:11:25 21/03/2012
Perhaps fans should call first before going to TRU...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Alcatalog Blue Sparx Gems: 753
#931 Posted: 16:12:20 21/03/2012
First in line in Vegas; sign up showing where line starts also says 1per guest; whatever 48mins to go
---
Got 38
#932 Posted: 16:12:45 21/03/2012
Quote: Aura24

And miss out on any chance of actually getting a new figure? Yeah, that's a great plan smilie
---
Laurix Blue Sparx Gems: 643
#933 Posted: 16:14:16 21/03/2012
Quote: GothamLord
Until I start seeing pictures of the people making claims to have gotten said new figures I will continue to call shenanigans.

Done and done: [User Posted Image]

My TRU in NJ had Dragon's Peak, L-Rod, and Zook. One per customer, and they refused to sell Dragon's Peak until the 25th (even though they were clearly there). They didn't put the Skylanders on the metal hooks in the normal section, they just had a table with a bunch laid out, and then two shopping carts completely filled to the top with Singles. They had some adventure packs too, but no triple-character packs. No ticket event either, and only about 20 people were in line; majority 30-40+.

You had to ASK the employees who were standing next to the carts behind the electronics counter what you wanted. Took the girl almost 5 minutes to find me an L-Rod, while I saw TONS of Zook's and Adventure Packs on the top. I lingered around a bit to see if I could possibly get more when people left, and to see what the general consensus was on what people wanted. No dice on getting more Skylanders, they wanted me to "come back tomorrow". Saw a bunch of people ask for L-Rod, though. After about 4-5 people asking they already ran out. He was pretty scarce compared to Zook.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:32:45 21/03/2012 by Laurix
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#934 Posted: 16:14:29 21/03/2012
glad i didn't go. i would have been bored and disappointed if i went.
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
#935 Posted: 16:15:30 21/03/2012

And miss out on any chance of actually getting a new figure? Yeah, that's a great plan smilie

So true. By the time an employee answers the phone, checks to see if the figure is in stock, and reports back to you, it's a complete waste of time and by then the figure would be gone. I always go to TRU. It's a waste of time to call.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#936 Posted: 16:17:43 21/03/2012

And risk having to go all the way to TRU for nothing? It may not be a great plan to you, but it's worth doing first, Hime.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#937 Posted: 16:18:13 21/03/2012

Wish I could've been that lucky. I really wanted to finish getting most of the Wave today.
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#938 Posted: 16:18:15 21/03/2012

Have you been reading? Everyone else has pretty much been pissed on.

Didn't read. Two of my three local TRU's didn't even get new characters. The one my fiancee, daughter, son, his two friends, and I went to ended up being the only store that got them.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#939 Posted: 16:19:41 21/03/2012
For me it wasn't so bad as Toys R Us is like 5 minutes from my house. Plus I always go there on Wednesdays and Fridays anyway as I also collect wrestling figures and Batman figures.
L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#940 Posted: 16:20:43 21/03/2012
I almost got lightning rod... There out guys...
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Iloveninjas Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#941 Posted: 16:22:14 21/03/2012
Huge waste of time in Richmond, VA... First TRU had everyone we already had and then when we tried the second one they had 3 packs but not of the new characters. On positive thing was that the second location a TRU employee that was just there with his kid went to the back and put Sunburn on the display portal and I got a little preview. So now on to Sunday and more crazyness
---
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)
#942 Posted: 16:22:22 21/03/2012

And risk having to go all the way to TRU for nothing? It may not be a great plan to you, but it's worth doing first, Hime.

I believe the masses of people here would agree with me on this one. You call, and you risk missing out. You show up, and if it's there, it's yours.
---
Dangermom Green Sparx Gems: 458
#943 Posted: 16:22:46 21/03/2012
Well, I took the day off hoping to score Wave 4 and the two TRU I visited only received new Wave 3 and no Wave 4. Really disappointed.... Anyone have any luck in Michigan? Will travel for Zook and Lightning Rod!!!
---
81/99!
#944 Posted: 16:25:18 21/03/2012

I believe the masses of people here would agree with me on this one. You call, and you risk missing out. You show up, and if it's there, it's yours.

Agreed.

Plus, I'd rather drive five minutes from my house to TRU and look myself rather than stay on hold for nine minutes listening to the TRU theme while an employee goes to check.
---
#945 Posted: 16:32:29 21/03/2012
Quote: Madel

Agreed.

Plus, I'd rather drive five minutes from my house to TRU and look myself rather than stay on hold for nine minutes listening to the TRU theme while an employee goes to check.

I called TRU this morning and they got me Legendary Trigger Happy. I held for less than 2 minutes and it was the LAST LEG TRIG in stock. I asked if she could hold it and she hesistated for a moment and then said yes. Sometimes it's just easier to call...

But on release days id say just go...if you call and theres' 20 people in the store they aint holdin **** for you!
---
Double Trouble Green Sparx Gems: 243
#946 Posted: 16:34:44 21/03/2012
Was 2nd in line at the Nashua TRU, which didn't receive anything new, just Chop Chop, Bash, Hex and Drill Sergeant. Drove to both Manchester and Salem after, which did receive new stuff, but were both sold out by the time I got there. So annoyed right now.
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#947 Posted: 16:34:54 21/03/2012
Nothing new @ my local TRU. Dragon's peak was out but would not ring up. So I guess today was a bust.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#948 Posted: 16:36:42 21/03/2012
Dangermom, my wife and I were limited to one figure a piece total, but we got Lightning Rod and Zook, so we're ecstatic.

Even though I'm not anti-scalper, I will say that the way ours did it certainly would prevent that type of behavior, so that was cool (I'd rather see kids and families end up with the stuff after all).

Most of all, I'm elated to know that Dragon's Peak with Sunburn is definitely coming out on Sunday. A predictable date and time as opposed to calling and running around. I can't wait.

FWIW Dangermom, if you'd like information on the Dragon's Peak release as far as it pertains to the location I go to, PM me. I'd be happy to help.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:37:00 21/03/2012 by PlayableMoogle
ArkeyanForce Green Sparx Gems: 402
#949 Posted: 16:37:19 21/03/2012
YAYAY i was second in line and got zook, lightningrod, and ignitor and some styluses!!!
---
FINALLY FOUND HOT HEAD!!!
Ladyspyro Green Sparx Gems: 130
#950 Posted: 16:38:57 21/03/2012
I called corporate over the horrible service and the imposed restriction on the figures. Wait before anyone attacks me... It is one figure only per customer. Not one character, but one period. That is a bit sucky. There was a lady with her four kids and they were trying to refuse one for each. Um they are people. Corporate was rather upset with what's told them. I get the reason forth elicit but some people are just jerks. How do you deny these little kids to their faces. I've Ben a manager, I was selling PS3 and WII the Christmas theyhit and I never acted so nasty and rude as the store manager of this TRU.

Again I got my figures me and my roomie bought one each but I was utteryappauled over the behavior of the TRU employees.
---
Mine!
First | Previous | Page 19 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me