Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25
March 21st Toys R Us [CLOSED]
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#1 Posted: 05:30:53 08/03/2012 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

I saw that today on my local rounds at toys r us. Does anyone have any ideas about why this date? If that toys r us just picked a day or what.

Hey toys r us employees on the forum, do you know anything about this?
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#2 Posted: 05:42:17 08/03/2012
Cool, that is a good "sign" wave 4 is coming...no pun intended haha
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#3 Posted: 06:34:57 08/03/2012
My TRU didn't have that when I went today, but they did get about 50 L-Triggs.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#4 Posted: 08:52:42 08/03/2012 | Topic Creator
none of the toys r us in my city (kansas city) have had ANY legendary trigger happys. like ZERO none nada, they dont even know what im talking about when ive asked. (im glad i ordered one from toysrus.com)

but still TOYS R US EMPLOYEES THAT WE HAVE HERE TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW, pretty please?
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#5 Posted: 09:23:42 08/03/2012
this is what i was told when i called my toys r us this morning they didnt have a sign out but thats what they said. I'm hoping this is wrong and we get wave 4 next week cause i was tweeting with dan @OneOfSwords and asked if he heard anything cause he got his dragons peak and he said they are being shipped out this week.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#6 Posted: 11:38:34 08/03/2012
when usa 'toy'r us' set up a sign like that, this will be another setback for europe release of wave3... instead of march we are now looking at a possible may release.... great!
Techelement Yellow Sparx Gems: 1961
#7 Posted: 12:31:14 08/03/2012
Same sign in Reading, PA ToysRUs. Employee said they have figures in back, but are waiting until 3/21 to release them in a "big event".
[User Posted Image]
Zaptastic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1465
#8 Posted: 13:24:25 08/03/2012
I will have to check my TRU and see if they say the same thing here in Canada. Lately they have had their limit sings or the ones say" We are sold out of Skylanders. Replenishment is unknown at this time". My employees at TRU never look into these things for me. They say they get them when they get themsmilie Not helpful.
GloverAran Green Sparx Gems: 411
#9 Posted: 13:32:29 08/03/2012
"Quantities limited." Gotta love it.
---
Still hunting for: Eye Brawl, Thumpback, Ninjini
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#10 Posted: 14:11:34 08/03/2012
Quote: kappapopm
when usa 'toy'r us' set up a sign like that, this will be another setback for europe release of wave3... instead of march we are now looking at a possible may release.... great!

Wave 3 is in the UK now, I got the Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sarge triple on tuesday and my EoI is guarenteed to arrive by next Friday (or I get £5 off), if the rest of Europe haven't got it yet they've got to be getting it soon.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#11 Posted: 14:27:44 08/03/2012
smilie yay,
PA

-M
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#12 Posted: 14:30:26 08/03/2012
What I dont get is that the 21st is a wednesday. Other than being the spring equinox, why pick a wednesday? Kids will be in school, parents will be at work, why wednesday? it would make much more sense to have it on a sunday when everyone can make it to the store and they can utilize the flyers in the paper to advertise it better.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#13 Posted: 14:32:19 08/03/2012
Quote: Zaptastic
I will have to check my TRU and see if they say the same thing here in Canada. Lately they have had their limit sings or the ones say" We are sold out of Skylanders. Replenishment is unknown at this time". My employees at TRU never look into these things for me. They say they get them when they get themsmilie Not helpful.

Hopefully we dont have those signs at are TRU.And if we do NOOOO!!!!!
I wont be here x-(.
Plz come out this week or next week plz plz!!!!
IAmSwag Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#14 Posted: 14:37:09 08/03/2012
I can already see kids ditching school to get some Wave 4 figures smilie
Aqua Green Sparx Gems: 439
#15 Posted: 15:15:06 08/03/2012
I called two TRUs this morning asking about DP, and they said they were supposed to come in today but it seems that it's been pushed back until later- so I am suspecting 3/21 as well.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#16 Posted: 15:18:00 08/03/2012
Quote: GloverAran
"Quantities limited." Gotta love it.

yeah keep the customer starving and let them beg for it tactic....
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#17 Posted: 15:23:17 08/03/2012
That's an odd day. It's the middle of the week. What are they up to?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#18 Posted: 15:24:24 08/03/2012
Anyone wonder why it would specifically say, "single pack" figures? Are they planning to get triples and/or adventure packs?
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Ali1020 Blue Sparx Gems: 750
#19 Posted: 15:33:16 08/03/2012
I called my TRU this morning and they confirmed March 21st as well.
Aqua Green Sparx Gems: 439
#20 Posted: 15:40:07 08/03/2012
Quote: Himewad
Anyone wonder why it would specifically say, "single pack" figures? Are they planning to get triples and/or adventure packs?

That's what I'm wondering as well. Regardless, next week is spring break for me so I will probably stop in at TRU on Thursday to see if they have gotten any triples/adventure packs, but who knows, they could be including them on March 21st? Especially since the majority of wave 4 is singles.
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#21 Posted: 16:00:26 08/03/2012
Quote: exosquad
none of the toys r us in my city (kansas city) have had ANY legendary trigger happys. like ZERO none nada, they dont even know what im talking about when ive asked. (im glad i ordered one from toysrus.com)

but still TOYS R US EMPLOYEES THAT WE HAVE HERE TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW, pretty please?

Mine got like 40 on their truck yesterday.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#22 Posted: 16:11:06 08/03/2012
to the people saying why the 21sy iys cause wednesday is when most toys r us get there shipments in
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ramster1221 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1957
#23 Posted: 16:14:47 08/03/2012
Quote: exosquad

Oh my gosh. Please lay it to rest. You got it online and now you have one. Just let it rest. Sheesh.
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#24 Posted: 16:20:38 08/03/2012
I love when they release skylanders when everyone is in school or work. I'm lucky enough have my own business so toy's r us is a ghost town at those times And not having to fight my way through hundreds of kids. LOL

I guess it would suck for most of the skylander fans though.
Sage103082 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#25 Posted: 16:49:50 08/03/2012
I called my local TRU (NJ) this morning and they said no shipments until the 21st.
MoonlitCynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2589
#26 Posted: 17:45:55 08/03/2012
My TRU got two boxes of the older adventure packs today. That's it until the 21st which is when I have class so I'm thinking about skipping that one day.....
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Ravenouschaos Green Sparx Gems: 201
#27 Posted: 17:54:57 08/03/2012
Called my local TRU, employee said they weren't putting anything new out until the twenty first. After some proding I got the impression that they had them in the back, but weren't stocking them until then, might be trying for a national release.
---
We stand ready to defend Skylands: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#28 Posted: 19:35:58 08/03/2012
GAMESTOP.COM has the 3 packs for sale! GO NOW! GOOOOO!! just search skylanders! NOW
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
#29 Posted: 19:43:06 08/03/2012
Quote: xerokills
GAMESTOP.COM has the 3 packs for sale! GO NOW! GOOOOO!! just search skylanders! NOW

Sheesh. I thought you meant the wave 4 one.
---
#30 Posted: 19:48:16 08/03/2012
Quote: xerokills

Sheesh. I thought you meant the wave 4 one.

Sorry...this was just a blanket statement that there were some available to those looking for 3 packs and single random packs.
---
Equator Blue Sparx Gems: 515
#31 Posted: 20:13:16 08/03/2012
Quote: Deandria

Wave 3 is in the UK now, I got the Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sarge triple on tuesday and my EoI is guarenteed to arrive by next Friday (or I get £5 off), if the rest of Europe haven't got it yet they've got to be getting it soon.

SOME of them are out. It's not "Wave 3" in the UK, it's "W3, P1,2,3,4" Part 1, 2 and 3 are out, but 4 is not yet:
1. Empire of Ice
2. DT, DS, WW, Triple Pack
3. Double Trouble
4. Cynder

Not sure where Whirlwind and Drill are on this list...

And also, Wednesday is the day they get Skylanders stock. At least that's what mine said...
---
Flip a coin.
If you get heads, I am dead.
If you get tails, I am dead within a week.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#32 Posted: 20:16:54 08/03/2012
Quote: Equator
Quote: Deandria

SOME of them are out. It's not "Wave 3" in the UK, it's "W3, P1,2,3,4" Part 1, 2 and 3 are out, but 4 is not yet:
1. Empire of Ice
2. DT, DS, WW, Triple Pack
3. Double Trouble
4. Cynder

Not sure where Whirlwind and Drill are on this list...

And also, Wednesday is the day they get Skylanders stock. At least that's what mine said...

My local GAME said March 4th.
I checked. "Sorry, no new stock. It's mid march."
---
Bring the Fanta
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#33 Posted: 20:45:16 08/03/2012
Quote: Gaiaknight
to the people saying why the 21sy iys cause wednesday is when most toys r us get there shipments in

Because it is the day after the first day of spring.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#34 Posted: 20:54:48 08/03/2012
Quote: Rays
Quote: Gaiaknight

Because it is the day after the first day of spring.

that to
---
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#35 Posted: 22:05:58 08/03/2012
Quote: Equator

Different shops get stock on different days, my local TRU got Skylanders in their delivery today... all 3 of the current adventure packs plus 3 different triples, Drobot's triple, Wrecking Ball's triple, and Whirlwind's triple.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Dragon15010 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#36 Posted: 01:45:40 09/03/2012
Same here. Why that certain date? are they getting a Truck Load if it?
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#37 Posted: 03:20:06 09/03/2012
I just talked with two Toys'R'us employees at the Everett Toys'R'us in Washington and they also told me to check back on March 21st. They said that they (I'm guess the Toys'R'us company in general) demanded a larger stock of characters to keep up with the "demand" and they were told (by Activision or Toys for Bob, I guess) that this would be met by a large stock of characters due on the 21st. It seems like according to them that it's going to be a complete stock meaning that they are most likely going to have characters from all previous waves well stocked and hopefully current or new waves. So expect to see older characters like Chop Chop, Bash, Zap and Stump Smash and some new characters like Cynder and L. Trgger Happy. I'm pretty sure that Dragon's Peak should show up in that shipment too since it's going to be exclusive for thirty days and April is approaching.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#38 Posted: 04:18:24 09/03/2012
Hey Opal, I'll see you in Everett on the 21st! I'll be there when the doors open! Cheers!
---
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#39 Posted: 07:15:27 09/03/2012
^ Cool smilie, I'm going to try to get there right when they open too. We might bump into each other.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Nuku Green Sparx Gems: 230
#40 Posted: 16:18:52 09/03/2012
So on my 5th day in a row of showing up at the Lynnhaven Toys R Us (in Virginia Beach, VA) when they open and hearing "sorry, we didn't get a truck" or "sorry, we only got some starter packs" I talked to the 'morning supervisor' about the 3/21 signs that they also have. (I will call again later in the afternoon to ask for the Manager in the hopes of getting a straight answer)

She confirmed the following:

1. They will not put ANY singles on the floor until 3/21 even if they get some before that date
2. They do expect a line that morning so they will pass out tickets to hopefully prevent a stampede only if it is a long line
3. Yes, they do sometimes receive Skylanders via UPS in the late mornings
4. No, they cannot 'hold' any as they are a 'Hot Item'

What she could not confirm:

1. If this applies to the Triple Packs or Adventure Packs (specifically Dragon's Peak)
2. If Rewards R Us members have a chance to purchase them early or any other benefit

The employee working the video game section 'R' Zone (where this location keeps the Skylanders) stated:
"We're not allowed to put any singles out before 3/21 no matter what."
An employee I called at the Chesapeake VA TRU (they are incredibly polite and friendly there btw) stated:
"We're have a Skylander sale on 3/21 so we may hold some singles until then to be sure we have some to put out on the floor that morning. But I don't think we are doing that with the triple packs or Dragon's Peak."

I wish I could just get a straight answer on this... its so frustrating. I'm going to try to focus on being patient since being impatient is really the only reason why I'm frustrated, that's my own fault. Its just hard to be patient when you have a 4 year old who earned his reward and picked a "Skylander Surprise" as his reward.

Also, I'm hell bent on finding/creating a 'Skylander's Trade' type site or listing or something. We could all help each other if we just traded each other instead of feeding the eBay sharks.
Dingdongdan Green Sparx Gems: 249
#41 Posted: 16:37:36 09/03/2012
Got next weeks ad in the mail yesterday. 50% off starters and 25% off 3 packs and adventure packs starting 3/11. Legendary 3 pack with "it's back" was pictured. No mention of singles in the ad.
Kao Kitty Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#42 Posted: 16:43:10 09/03/2012
Oh fantastic! I've been wondering for the past month or so if the only way I were going to be able to acquire a legendary triple pack would be through eBay. Thanks for the heads up.
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#43 Posted: 16:50:05 09/03/2012
My TRU just got L Trig, zap, eruptor, hex and cynders in today. Still no peak and they dont have a sign up for the 21st.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#44 Posted: 17:11:48 09/03/2012
I wonder why Amazon hasn't started taking preorders for wave 4 yet? They started taking preorders early for wave 3, but nothing for wave 4. TRU isn't the end all be all of wave 4. There are still Walmarts, Targets, Best Buys, etc...
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#45 Posted: 17:12:53 09/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
I wonder why Amazon hasn't started taking preorders for wave 4 yet? They started taking preorders early for wave 3, but nothing for wave 4. TRU isn't the end all be all of wave 4. There are still Walmarts, Targets, Best Buys, etc...

I was starting to wonder this as well.
---
the_box Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#46 Posted: 19:12:08 09/03/2012
I just thought people should know this:
my TRU has an island display (we call them 2-ways or 4-ways in the store) in the back ready to be put out this Sunday, 3/11. What i don't understand is why something like this going to be put out in the store when we have no singles, triple, or adventure packs to sell. This is for the store in Lawrenceville/Princeton, NJ. Anyone else know anything about this?
And on a different note, I was at my store yesterday just to peruse around and did not see a sign in our Skylanders section about 'the release date of 3/21.'
---
Collection Complete! 37/37
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#47 Posted: 19:13:57 09/03/2012

Maybe it has to do with the 30day exclusivity for ToysRus so there's no competitors in the market until their 30 day window closes.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#48 Posted: 19:14:55 09/03/2012
I, too, am not sure about the release date for Wave 4 being on 3/21. I checked my TRU yesterday and there wasn't a sign. There wasn't a L-TH in sight either. The shelves looked pretty bad with only two Zaps and a Hex.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
rck3087 Green Sparx Gems: 354
#49 Posted: 19:18:27 09/03/2012
Same sign in Las Vegas (Meadows), no L-TH's, but a bunch of 3-packs though.
#50 Posted: 19:28:19 09/03/2012
Quote: BerryShaker

Maybe it has to do with the 30day exclusivity for ToysRus so there's no competitors in the market until their 30 day window closes.

They shouldn't have an exclusive on the Lightning Rod/Zook/Cynder triple pack or the single packs, though. And they aren't showing up for pre-order that I have seen.
---
Page 1 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me