Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
disappointment from toysrus.com [CLOSED]
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#1 Posted: 01:22:56 04/03/2012 | Topic Creator
So i go to their page, and i see that legendary trigger happy is in stock and ready to ship. i run to get my wallet and input all the information to order him. and then i submit the order, nothing happened. i called up toys r us 's websites customer service. and in the time i took to type my credit card information, it went out of stock. how total BS crap is that. and all he did was say "sorry but there should be more on or around the 18th."

i just had to share my sadness with all of you.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#2 Posted: 01:25:58 04/03/2012
Well, L-Trigger Happy is being over stocked in many places. Don't worry about missing out.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#3 Posted: 01:27:44 04/03/2012 | Topic Creator
the local stores here told me that they wont be getting it intill the 18th.
---
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#4 Posted: 01:29:12 04/03/2012
Well, if you can't wait and really want him, he averages out for 20 bucks on eBay.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#5 Posted: 01:45:24 04/03/2012
Same thing happened to me when they re-released the legendary triple pack. Luckily I found it in the store later that week. Hopefully you will have similar luck.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
ramster1221 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1957
#6 Posted: 01:50:47 04/03/2012
The post went out and everyone rushed to the occasion. Sorry man that you missed it. Keep on trying but it's not their fault and does not require griping or complaining.
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#7 Posted: 02:11:33 04/03/2012
What else did you expect him to say? "Don't worry, we'll cancel some other guy's order and give you one!" What he told you was all customer service can tell you when they sell out. This is only the first week L-TH has officially been out, so try to find some patience. Activision and Toys for Bob seem to be working really hard to make sure there is plenty of stock, so hunting one down in store shouldn't be as crazy as the legendary triple pack was.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#8 Posted: 02:14:15 04/03/2012
/\
What he said Patience is virtue my young padawan.
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#9 Posted: 03:59:40 04/03/2012
When did the post go up and under what topic? I still dont see it.
#10 Posted: 04:43:33 04/03/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
When did the post go up and under what topic? I still dont see it.

I saw it mentioned in the "Legendary Trigger Happy is out?" thread.I don't know if it was mentioned elsewhere.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#11 Posted: 04:45:10 04/03/2012 | Topic Creator
duplicated post. sorry
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:36:27 05/03/2012 by exosquad
#12 Posted: 15:10:56 04/03/2012
Yeah and your point is????? It is not their problem they have no control over when they get the figures in. ere are way too many factors to take into account.
#13 Posted: 01:35:37 05/03/2012 | Topic Creator
wow, you guys turned a sadness over being the one order too late to being about something else all together.
what i EXPECTED him to say, with compassion in his voice "i'm really sorry."
and stop turning things into other things you twisted forum pps

edit
or maybe even offer me a coupon. thatd have been extra special nice. even if it was like "1 dollar off next purchase of $1,000" itd be the thought that counted.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:40:06 05/03/2012 by exosquad
Spyro Forever Red Sparx Gems: 84
#14 Posted: 02:01:14 05/03/2012
Why would they offer you a coupon? They didn't do anything wrong. It's not like you bought it and they had to cancel the order for no stock.
#15 Posted: 03:25:30 05/03/2012
It's okay to be sad about missing out on an opportunity. We recognize that, and have all been there. It's your entitled attitude that rubs us the wrong way. Customer service did what they could, and did tell you that they were sorry. The person that you talked to was even nice enough to inform you when they would be getting more stock, so that you could be prepared to buy one. He could have easily just said "We ran out. Better luck next time" but he didn't. Did you stop to think about that? He also doesn't have an obligation to feel REALLY sorry for you, nor give you any kind of coupons, because you were too slow to purchase the toy. Coupons and sincere apologies are normally only given when it is the company that messes up, but they did nothing wrong in the situation. I honestly don't understand what makes you think others need to go above and beyond what is reasonably expected to please you.
---
#16 Posted: 05:29:37 05/03/2012 | Topic Creator
maybe you guys didnt get the joke of the 1 dollar off your next 1000 dollar purchase. my fault for bringing some levity to a post.

the first few posts where alright like "oh that sucks" or like "yeah know how you feel" but Cinnamonster got all serious about it.

with the amount of ppl here just like being outright rude. im going to go back to lurking and not speaking, not like anyone will miss much anyway.
---
#17 Posted: 06:11:24 05/03/2012
/\ K bye dude and close the forum.
#18 Posted: 07:31:13 05/03/2012
The exaggeration was a joke. I got that. However, you have a theme going on in your choice of words that points out you expected more from customer service when they did their job.

and all he did was say "sorry but there should be more on or around the 18th."
what i EXPECTED him to say, with compassion in his voice "i'm really sorry."
or maybe even offer me a coupon. thatd have been extra special nice. even if it was like "1 dollar off next purchase of $1,000" itd be the thought that counted.

If it was all an exaggeration and joke from post 1, then I suggest you to stop and think about how others might perceive what you write before posting it. Sarcasm and humor doesn't always translate through text, especially when you are communicating on a public forum where members don't know your mannerisms.

If you choose to stop posting on this forum, then that is entirely your choice, but you shouldn't take things said on forums so seriously. If you enjoy this forum, and would like to continue posting, then I encourage you to stay and ignore anyone that bothers you. If you generally just get upset on this forum, then lurking, or leaving entirely, might be in you best interest.
---
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#19 Posted: 08:58:58 05/03/2012
Quote: ramster1221
/\ K bye dude and close the forum.

*topic.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me