Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Evidence that Dragon's Peak MIGHT also be released this week.
Page 1 of 1
Evidence that Dragon's Peak MIGHT also be released this week. [CLOSED]
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#1 Posted: 03:58:22 01/03/2012 | Topic Creator
So I went to TRU to check if they got any Legendary Trigger Happy and they didn't, but they did have lots of the triple pack. Anyways I read one of the tags that say their promotions and it said get any 2 triple / adventure packs with the purchase of a starter pack and it listed every triple and adventure pack you can choose from and I saw this:

Dragon's Peak

[User Posted Image]

So do you think it will be released this week along with Legendary Trigger Happy? If not today or tomorrow maybe Friday or Saturday?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 4 times - Last edited at 04:09:02 01/03/2012 by Whirlwind5598
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#2 Posted: 04:09:46 01/03/2012
^Hopefully
And isnt smilie out already??
#3 Posted: 04:11:27 01/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, yes but not everywhere. Many TRU haven't gotten him yet. So maybe they could be released together in some TRU?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#4 Posted: 04:12:46 01/03/2012
Hmm True...
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#5 Posted: 04:13:00 01/03/2012
WW, you jump all over people for creating new threads on topics that are already covered. Well, this Dragons Peak thing has already been covered.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#6 Posted: 04:16:19 01/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Really? Where? I'm not being sarcastic I really don't know. I've read and commented on most topics and I haven't seen this anywhere.

EDIT: Never mind I just saw it, but how can you even see that? No one even kept posting about it thats a sign that they might not have seen it. I apologize.
---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:21:12 01/03/2012 by Whirlwind5598
#7 Posted: 04:17:04 01/03/2012
Isnt this a new post?
I havnt seen one like it.
#8 Posted: 04:18:04 01/03/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598
Really? Where? I'm not being sarcastic I really don't know. I've read and commented on most topics and I haven't seen this anywhere.

In the Moment of truth TRU wave 4 thread that you just posted in.
---
#9 Posted: 04:18:30 01/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Mr-McChicken22
Isnt this a new post?
I havnt seen one like it.

I know me neither, but its on the moment of truth topic post #12
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:19:19 01/03/2012 by Whirlwind5598
#10 Posted: 04:23:13 01/03/2012
O, ohwell
#11 Posted: 04:24:09 01/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Lots of people probably didn't see it either.
---

#12 Posted: 04:26:07 01/03/2012
Well if it wasnt for new topics this forum would never survive.
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#13 Posted: 04:29:52 01/03/2012
Oh PLEASE let it come out!
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#14 Posted: 08:14:44 01/03/2012
But then lots of people probably didn't see many of the posts that preceded the ones that Dragon15010 made that you and Landerfan2012 jumped all over him for and bullied him about.

Maybe people wouldn't be so quick to point out YOUR faults if you weren't so quick to pick on other people. Maybe that's something you should think about in the future instead of being nasty to people.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#15 Posted: 14:42:27 01/03/2012
I'm afraid I don't think we'll be seeing it this week. My TRU also has that sign nd as much as I'd love to come hoe to my kids from this out-of-town business trip with some new Skylanders, I just don't think it will happen. We'd have seen some in hand pics on eBay by now....
#16 Posted: 14:43:45 01/03/2012
Quote: Fernandez2
I'm afraid I don't think we'll be seeing it this week. My TRU also has that sign nd as much as I'd love to come hoe to my kids from this out-of-town business trip with some new Skylanders, I just don't think it will happen. We'd have seen some in hand pics on eBay by now....

This.
---
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#17 Posted: 16:27:16 01/03/2012
Im over it all. Im just going to overpay on ebay when this crap is released Im tired of dealing with the way activision is handling this game. Without an exact release date screw it. Ill just buy on ebay and be stress free.
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#18 Posted: 16:36:17 01/03/2012
I hear what yout saying drillsarge you may have to pay more but it's worth it not to play this AMAZING guessing game. I don't mind looking a bit but there are abloutly none in ANY of my skylander stores that i go to. All you see is a skylander sign and a bare spot and when they do have some it's like i have 2 left or something like that still havent seen this BUTT load of skylanders we were suppose to get where are they.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#19 Posted: 16:41:41 01/03/2012
It's really reaching that unpleasant point but, for me, it has to do with lack of stock (both in terms of units and in terms of variety).
Ali1020 Blue Sparx Gems: 750
#20 Posted: 16:44:51 01/03/2012
L-Trig came in today at my TRU. When I asked about Dragon's Peak, he told me don't look for it until mid to late March. They have no indication at this point it's coming any earlier than that. Plus lucky for me the storm wasn't as bad so I could get there today. Now I will just sit back and wait for the others to come in.
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#21 Posted: 20:36:13 01/03/2012
i hate these soft release dates.. .like, "easter sometime" and we all look, and different stores get stuff different days, and im wanting a legendary trigger happy, and none of the stores have it here. (kansas city, missouri) but everybody else has been getting them. and they include the dragons peak on the instore advertisement which makes you think it'll be out this week, but no. BAH this makes me upset.

frowny face smilie
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#22 Posted: 20:42:36 01/03/2012
Holy crap, since when was DP coming THIS early? I don't keep track of time, so I don't know when Easter is, but... wow.

Start the crazy lookout again...
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Wzd081 Green Sparx Gems: 243
#23 Posted: 20:42:38 01/03/2012
Quote: exosquad
i hate these soft release dates.. .like, "easter sometime" and we all look, and different stores get stuff different days, and im wanting a legendary trigger happy, and none of the stores have it here. (kansas city, missouri) but everybody else has been getting them. and they include the dragons peak on the instore advertisement which makes you think it'll be out this week, but no. BAH this makes me upset.

frowny face smilie

About an hour away from Kansas City here. Been calling TRU daily for the past week. You would think they would get them quickly since there is a distribution center in lees summit. Kind of glad they're not out yet. I won't be in the area until Saturday and hoping they still have one. Really don't want to buy off of EBay.

Edit: referring to L-TH
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:44:01 01/03/2012 by Wzd081
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#24 Posted: 20:44:26 01/03/2012
i hate these soft release dates.. .like, "easter sometime" and we all look, and different stores get stuff different days

These are almost certainly because they are still trying to work out the production problems and don't want to set specific dates only to disappoint people, more people will be disappointed if they say "Oh it's going to be out on March 1st" and it isn't than the way they do it now. They're erring on the side of caution with this.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#25 Posted: 23:41:22 01/03/2012
Quote: Deandria
i hate these soft release dates.. .like, "easter sometime" and we all look, and different stores get stuff different days

These are almost certainly because they are still trying to work out the production problems and don't want to set specific dates only to disappoint people, more people will be disappointed if they say "Oh it's going to be out on March 1st" and it isn't than the way they do it now. They're erring on the side of caution with this.

but thats like a slap in the face especially since theyve had their production problems. they cant get their crap together and tease us indefinitely. its bad enough when something is OUT AND RELEASED and you cant find it, but now you have "maybe out" "maybe released" "lower 22 states, not in missouri, but maybe in iowa, and chicago, and a guy has a ton of them in <insert city>.
i'd rather just like to know when im suppose to find skylanders instead of "maybe this week maybe next week"
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
#26 Posted: 02:05:16 02/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sunny Castanets
But then lots of people probably didn't see many of the posts that preceded the ones that Dragon15010 made that you and Landerfan2012 jumped all over him for and bullied him about.

Maybe people wouldn't be so quick to point out YOUR faults if you weren't so quick to pick on other people. Maybe that's something you should think about in the future instead of being nasty to people.

Yes. But the topics he made already existed unlike mine.
---

Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#27 Posted: 08:09:43 02/03/2012
That doesn't give you justification to bully someone.

Besides, as has already been mentioned, the information is already know.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#28 Posted: 10:52:18 02/03/2012
but thats like a slap in the face especially since theyve had their production problems. they cant get their crap together and tease us indefinitely. its bad enough when something is OUT AND RELEASED and you cant find it, but now you have "maybe out" "maybe released" "lower 22 states, not in missouri, but maybe in iowa, and chicago, and a guy has a ton of them in <insert city>.
i'd rather just like to know when im suppose to find skylanders instead of "maybe this week maybe next week"

Do you think they're doing this on purpose? Do you seriously think they don't want your money? I'm sure they're churning Skylanders out as fast as they can, although RFID is not a new technology it has never been applied in this way before and it also takes time to mould and paint these things even in a fancy automated factory (which in itself takes time to set up). They're still trying to roll out enough wave 1s and 2s to satisfy everyone so there's no way they could have built up the stock levels in the wave 4 stuff to flood the market for a specific date the way you want them to.

I'm not saying I like it because I don't... I STILL haven't been able to get Darklight Crypt... never mind EoI... but they massively underestimated the demand and it's not something they can fix overnight... or even in the 4ish months the game has been out.

Heck with the way the game was slated before release not to mention the death threats the companies involved received they could never have guessed the way adults would take to the game which has massively increased their target market.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
machmandp Blue Sparx Gems: 530
#29 Posted: 11:37:32 02/03/2012
I dont think you get the point

We know they have not created the shortage on purpose and yes if they could make more they would
but why cant they at least release press statements on availability about where and when ?
That way we will have some clue on the releases and not have to pay over inflated prices on Ebay

And Activision are causing this by their silence.

here in the uk we have no wave 3 but in the US you have and they can even make special runs for toy fairs etc
so the point stands on are they taking this seriously and do they think that we will wait and keep chasing these things

I have openly stated that i have unlocked all 32 chars and dragons peak on my Wii and i would not have done that if my kids were not getting bored having completed the game and ii could not get anything else to keep the interest going.

if most people thought about it then the game is getting a bit stale now and the only thing that will keep it going is the new stuff

i hope with giants they learn and make DLC available so everyone can get it regardless of location etc
#30 Posted: 12:08:11 02/03/2012
Quote: machmandp
I dont think you get the point

We know they have not created the shortage on purpose and yes if they could make more they would
but why cant they at least release press statements on availability about where and when ?
That way we will have some clue on the releases and not have to pay over inflated prices on Ebay

And Activision are causing this by their silence.

here in the uk we have no wave 3 but in the US you have and they can even make special runs for toy fairs etc
so the point stands on are they taking this seriously and do they think that we will wait and keep chasing these things

I have openly stated that i have unlocked all 32 chars and dragons peak on my Wii and i would not have done that if my kids were not getting bored having completed the game and ii could not get anything else to keep the interest going.

if most people thought about it then the game is getting a bit stale now and the only thing that will keep it going is the new stuff

i hope with giants they learn and make DLC available so everyone can get it regardless of location etc

In a lot of ways I do agree with what you said and I think it would be great if they gave us set dates but the problem is that they don't know, as far as I can see, when they will be able to make things available. We used to be able to find dates for things, amazon.co.uk and hmv used to list release dates but as those dates approached and the stock was not yet ready the dates disappeared.

They should be more specific on dates but they're cautious because they don't want to say "This is the exact day these will be available." only to not be able to get enough ready in time.

Perhaps they should be more open and say an exact date and if they can't make it explain why and revise the release date. But what if they say the release date is the week before your child's birthday and that's what they want so you say you'll get it but then they have to push the release to a later date that is after the kid's birthday... will it really comfort the child to hear "Sorry you can't have the toy I promised, the specific shade of paint they use is in short supply so they had to choose a new paint which, it turns out, doesn't dry in the same way as the old paint and the whole production batch had to be scrapped." Or some similar excuse, mechanical faliure in just one factory or a bad batch of some component, a strike or a shipping issues blah blah blah... these things do happen and can seriously mess up production.

Again: I don't agree with the way they do it but who's to say we wouldn't hate another way just as much, curse my ability to see things from multiple points of view.

Perhaps its just pessimism... is the grass is greener if the sheep know when they're getting it? I doubt it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:09:56 02/03/2012 by Deandria
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me