Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Stores and pitiful supplies... [CLOSED]
ramster1221 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1957
#1 Posted: 19:39:28 29/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Is it just me or has everyone totally forgotten about going to Walmart, Target, Gamestop, or K-Mart for their Skylanders and just sticking with the dependable Toys R Us?
Ravenouschaos Green Sparx Gems: 201
#2 Posted: 19:42:27 29/02/2012
I've actually had better luck with Walmart. I only go to tru for legendaries.
---
We stand ready to defend Skylands: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#3 Posted: 19:43:15 29/02/2012
Ive been to them all. Nobody has anything. You are right this is pitiful and pathetic. They obviousky dont want money bc hundreds of thousands of kids are waiting to buy and cant. They refuse to pay ebay prices so the limit will help.
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#4 Posted: 19:44:40 29/02/2012
Those retailers are pretty much a hit and miss when it comes to skylanders. For one thing they do not have the large display or shelves allocated for skylanders like what TRU has. This means they do not stock as much than TRU does. TRU is also showing some more consistency when it comes to stocking Skylanders. Going to Walmart or Target or Gamestop or any other retailers for Skylanders is a waste of time unless you are going to those stores for another reason.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#5 Posted: 19:45:15 29/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Walmarts around me are no longer Carrying Skylanders.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#6 Posted: 19:46:24 29/02/2012
Don't forget to add Best Buy to this list!
Techelement Yellow Sparx Gems: 1961
#7 Posted: 19:46:56 29/02/2012
I agree with Ravenouschaos. I haven't seen anything at all except starter packs at the 2 local TRU since Christmas. Not even a Boomer single pack! Much better luck at Walmart and Kmart. Found a couple at Gamestop since they limit purchase to 2 per customer.
#8 Posted: 19:52:28 29/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks I did forget Best Buy. By the Way how much are Volcanic Vaults going for?
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#9 Posted: 20:42:29 29/02/2012
Ive been to them all. Nobody has anything. You are right this is pitiful and pathetic. They obviousky dont want money bc hundreds of thousands of kids are waiting to buy and cant. They refuse to pay ebay prices so the limit will help.
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#10 Posted: 20:48:55 29/02/2012
I got a lot of figures from Gamestop in the beginning (two Triples and one Single).

Walmart's been pretty reliable. It's how I've gotten all of Wave 3 Champions plus the Empire of Ice.

Kmart hasn't been that good to me. I got an Eruptor and the Darklight Crypt Adventure Pack from them back in early January.

TRU has been okay. They've only done just as well as Gamestop, and only because they have the Legendary Pack.

Overall, I think it's harder to obtain figures from any retail location that not's TRU. They seem to have a deal with Activision where they have more stock than any other retailer.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
#11 Posted: 20:52:36 29/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Plus Activision and Toys for Bob having a contract with Toys R Us helps a ton too.
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#12 Posted: 21:02:37 29/02/2012
Gamestop has been... okay. I found two adventure packs at different Gamestops, so that's something. Target has been pretty decent, there's stock there, just not as much as one would hope. Walmart is HORRIBLE. They might as well not have a section at all.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#13 Posted: 21:04:48 29/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I remember the nightly trips up to Walmart at 2 o'clock in the morning waiting around for the sales clerk to check inventory in the back only to find out they don't have any in the back and when they did they never got new stock just massive stock of wave 1.
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#14 Posted: 21:18:08 29/02/2012
My best luck has been Gamestops. Seems like a lot of people figure they are just toys, and thus stick to stores that sell toys. Worst luck has been Target, and then TRU. Walmarts are hit and miss. They sell out fast near me, and it's not scalpers as far as I can tell. I've seen every figure currently available, minus L-TH, Sonic Boom, and Voodood.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#15 Posted: 21:19:20 29/02/2012
TRU are the only places in the UK to have any constant stock in the last month, but only the stores have anything, the web site is shockingly bad :/
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#16 Posted: 21:50:33 29/02/2012
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
TRU are the only places in the UK to have any constant stock in the last month, but only the stores have anything, the web site is shockingly bad :/

^This.

The 2 biggest video games retailers in the UK are Gamestation and its parent company Game, I've been to 3 Games and 2 Gamestations on multiple occasions and they never even had one, one guy in Game said it wasn't even worth checking there and that I should try TRU.

Argos - a weird catalogue shop that sells almost everything has been my most reliable source of Skylanders because they have a completely accurate online stock checker which tells you the stock levels on Skylanders in your 10 nearest stores... unfortunately, as a company, Argos considers all single packs to be the same item so you have to actually ask them in store which ones they have... you can choose them but you can't know what they have til you get there... the same applies to triple packs and they only sell 1 adventure pack - Pirate Seas (the only one I have actually managed to get so far). It is however the only place my husband could find any Skylanders when he was trying to buy my a valentine's present.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#17 Posted: 23:41:20 29/02/2012
Quote: DrillSarge

Same here. Except once my walmart had a huge shipment. They filled the enitre wall.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#18 Posted: 00:04:27 01/03/2012
My Toys r us all ways gets a shipment in the morning on thursday when
i am at school so i have never gotten any thing from Toys r us or Walmart
Only Eb games and futureshop.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#19 Posted: 00:49:58 01/03/2012
I They obviousky dont want money bc hundreds of thousands of kids are waiting to buy and cant.

That's not the problem. The problem is that they were severely under produced, and weren't at all prepared for the success that the game got, especially around Christmas time.

So they're trying to ship out what they can to get things on the shelves, but it seems to me that they're trying to load up a large inventory to ship out all at once, since just sending them out in small bursts didn't do much of anything.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#20 Posted: 17:33:33 01/03/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
I They obviousky dont want money bc hundreds of thousands of kids are waiting to buy and cant.

That's not the problem. The problem is that they were severely under produced, and weren't at all prepared for the success that the game got, especially around Christmas time.

So they're trying to ship out what they can to get things on the shelves, but it seems to me that they're trying to load up a large inventory to ship out all at once, since just sending them out in small bursts didn't do much of anything.

If that's really what they're doing, that's fine with me. Sending out small shipments just makes it easier for scalpers to clean out the shelves. If a store received TONS of product at one time, however, and a scalper is faced with a multi-thousand dollar receipt if he buys everything, it's more likely that they will not buy everything, which will leave plenty of figures for the general public.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me