Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Are you planning on getting ALL Skylanders? Including Dark Spyro/Legendaries?
Page 1 of 1
Are you planning on getting ALL Skylanders? Including Dark Spyro/Legendaries? [CLOSED]
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#1 Posted: 19:21:03 29/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I'll only be getting Skylanders that are regular priced. No ebay overpriced nonsense
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:31:45 29/02/2012 by reventon777
judasghost Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#2 Posted: 19:27:44 29/02/2012
at first i only wanted 8. then i had a hell of a time finding any Earth characters. then i just started going crazy and buying them as i see them. now i have 9 left to go. but honestly i'm more interested in getting the other 3 Adventure Packs.

the different versions of characters do not interest me. won't be getting any of them, unless i actually see one at the regular price. i'll probably put it straight onto ePay.
---
37/37 (as of 8/15/12) ... 3/4 sidekicks (as of 8/17/12) ... 4th sidekick came in 8/22/12
5/8 giants .. 5/8 new guys .. 2/8 light core .. 1/? battle packs
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#3 Posted: 19:32:26 29/02/2012
Short answer: No.

Long answer: If I suddenly came into a load of money I would... though unless it was a LOT of money I wouldn't bother with paying ebay prices for golds, silvers, metallic Cynder or pearl Hex...

Besides, they're all going to be re-released (possible exception of ledendaries?) in new poses with lights in them for Giants so that'd be 2x first game ones plus the 8 new ones and the 8 giants... so 82 regular sized skylanders +8 giants=90ish not including possible variants. Then the next game comes out with more... so probably not then...
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#4 Posted: 19:34:29 29/02/2012
I'd say yes since i have the legendaries and d.spyro. I dont plan on getting blue bash or any other variants though. When the sequal comes out I plan to get the lighted variants, but not all the reposes, maybe a few if the poses are better, or of a fav character. There will also probly be more legendaries in the new figs and I'm not sure if I would get them or not. On one hand I have all the original legendaries, but on the other hand it depends on how hard they are to get. I lucked out and did my research before landers came out so I got my L three pack day one and I nabbed an L trig the morning after they came out just because of tru's limits. Originally I had no intention of getting regular bash or chop chop and I have since changed my mind but I still havnt found any lately. Not that Im looking real hard for them either.
SlamBam Green Sparx Gems: 218
#5 Posted: 19:36:12 29/02/2012
I'm not really interested in the gold/ silver/ metallic/ whatever other variants they come up with. I do have all the skylanders that are out now, including dark spyro and the 4 legendaries, so I'm definitely going to grab the remaining 6 when the are released. I might end up getting blue bash too.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie 37/37
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#6 Posted: 19:40:59 29/02/2012
Everything but L-Triggs, Zook, and wham shell also no Golds and silvers
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#7 Posted: 19:58:25 29/02/2012
Yes, except the rare ones (Gold, Silver, Pearl, Metalic, Translucent Blue.)
---
Bring the Fanta
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#8 Posted: 20:02:45 29/02/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12

what he said
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:03:00 29/02/2012 by Himewad
ramster1221 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1957
#9 Posted: 20:05:34 29/02/2012
/\
/\

Yup same here, would be cool just to find and get them in store but paying scalper price heck no!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#10 Posted: 20:14:26 29/02/2012
Originally, I only wanted a few, but after seeing them dwindle, I decided I'd hunt down all of them. Might as well have a complete collection.

At least to me, the Gold/Silvers and specialty versions don't really count. Only the readily available ones.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#11 Posted: 20:38:50 29/02/2012
Quote: Himewad

what he said

Same here. Forget that "different color" junk. I'll take the Legendaries and the Dark Spyro. That's it.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#12 Posted: 20:44:38 29/02/2012
Quote: Madel
Quote: Himewad

what he said

Same here. Forget that "different color" junk. I'll take the Legendaries and the Dark Spyro. That's it.

^ ^ ^ what they all said
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:44:59 29/02/2012 by t7gga
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#13 Posted: 21:20:25 29/02/2012
I am going to try to get all figures that actually look different or add something to the game. Golds, silvers, and whatever else they come up with are probably never going to happen unless I stumble across them in store.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#14 Posted: 21:25:33 29/02/2012
I resigned myself to getting the whole collection for my family when they bought the game.

By "whole collection" I mean at least one of every normal figure. None of that rare, hard to find chase stuff like metallics.

Unlike so many other collectibles, Skylanders is finite. This is both good and bad. It's good that you can actually complete a set, it's bad in that once you do there's nothing else to get. smilie

Of course the new game will help with that last part.
---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#15 Posted: 21:30:55 29/02/2012
I'm only getting ones I want.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#16 Posted: 21:35:05 29/02/2012
Quote: skyp1e
Unlike so many other collectibles, Skylanders is finite. This is both good and bad. It's good that you can actually complete a set, it's bad in that once you do there's nothing else to get. smilie

Except, of course, the rare ones...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#17 Posted: 21:48:35 29/02/2012
Quote: Ice Dragoness

This right here.
[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#18 Posted: 22:17:08 29/02/2012
I want them all but im notting getting darkspyro
And i dont know if i want wham shell and zook.
xellos667 Red Sparx Gems: 90
#19 Posted: 22:23:18 29/02/2012
Seeing as I got all of them (inclduing all 4 Legendary and Dark Spyro) at a fair price (minus Cynder, which I can't find and don't want to overpay), I don't see why I would stop there. The end is near smilie
---
My Skylanders:
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)-(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)-(smiliesmiliesmilie)-(smiliesmiliesmilie)-(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)-(smiliesmiliesmilie)-(smiliesmilie)-(smiliesmilie)
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#20 Posted: 22:52:38 29/02/2012
I'm planning on getting all of the regular ones, and the Legendary Four. I also have Dark Spyro. I'm certainly not paying out for variations that don't look different in-game.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Flamethrower Green Sparx Gems: 469
#21 Posted: 23:08:04 29/02/2012

Yup thats my answer too
---
Ones we own |smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|
Dsi568 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3173
#22 Posted: 23:09:14 29/02/2012
I'm only going to get one of each different character. By that I mean no legendaries, golds, silvers, etc. Having the special ones and variants doesn't really add anything to the game so I'd rather save money by not getting them at all.
---
Instagram: Skymiibomon_U
Twitter: @skymiibomon_U
NNID: dsi568
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#23 Posted: 23:10:03 29/02/2012
I want a legendary Camo.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#24 Posted: 23:10:14 29/02/2012
Anything that does anything unique in-game. Obviously, if I saw a specialty variant sitting on the shelves, I'd of course pick it up for retail price. I doubt anyone would just leave it there, to be honest. However, I draw the line at anything I'd have to shop for online. If I can't buy it for retail price, in an actual store, then I don't need it.
Dragon15010 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#25 Posted: 02:17:16 01/03/2012
of course i want all skylanders! Puls, the ebay price is way off. Chop Chop is like, 50 bucks!

Why buy it at ebay overpiriced? I mean, ebay is way of price.
skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#26 Posted: 02:51:54 01/03/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
Quote: skyp1e

Except, of course, the rare ones...

Nah, the rare ones don't actually add anything to the game. The only reason my family is planning on any doubles is for getting both paths on some figures that seem worth it on.

Other than that there's no interest here in paint variants.
---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
The Dooms Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#27 Posted: 02:55:03 01/03/2012
I really only wanted the ones for a team of 8 at first, but my brother got interested after seeing me play and my roommate got into it too. Soon enough, we all had chosen a team of 8, leaving only 8 other Skylanders unclaimed.

At the moment, the only one my roommate lacks is Sunburn and Whamshell, my brother only lacks Sonic Boom, and I only lack Warnado and Camo. So, besides them, I'm good. Don't really care for the metallic variants unless there was a silver Warnado.
---
Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmilie smilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmilie
Skylanders needed: smilie smilie smilie smilie
Vortimous Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#28 Posted: 03:43:23 01/03/2012
I too will be getting all the regular ones and legendaries... I have dark spyro too. I am not interested in the unique ones like the gold/silver or pearl etc. As long as I have one of each, I dont need the special ones... with that said, I will be getting any extra expansion/adventure packs along with everything from Giants that comes out... minus any unique specials if they have any...
---
Vortimous
"Winning isnt everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!"
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#29 Posted: 04:04:24 01/03/2012
I wasn't planning on buying all of them but eventually I came to own every single one released including the legendary triple pack. So to answer your question, I only need 6 or 7 more so yes I will buy every one.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#30 Posted: 05:24:52 01/03/2012
Quote: Ice Dragoness

^This. I don't see the point in getting all of them, A ) I don't have anywhere to keep them all and B ) I would never end up using all of them anyway.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#31 Posted: 08:12:44 01/03/2012
Anything that does anything unique in-game. Obviously, if I saw a specialty variant sitting on the shelves, I'd of course pick it up for retail price. I doubt anyone would just leave it there, to be honest.

You might get people argue that the gold ones are unique because they come pre-levelled and loaded with gold, but I know what you mean!

If I saw one in a shop, I'd definitely buy it. But since none of the shops here sell any Skylanders whatsoever, that's not very likely.
---
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#32 Posted: 20:49:05 02/03/2012
No, I just buy ones I need as I come across them. No ridiculous eBay prices for me, thanks.
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#33 Posted: 20:49:52 02/03/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets
Anything that does anything unique in-game. Obviously, if I saw a specialty variant sitting on the shelves, I'd of course pick it up for retail price. I doubt anyone would just leave it there, to be honest.

You might get people argue that the gold ones are unique because they come pre-levelled and loaded with gold, but I know what you mean!

If I saw one in a shop, I'd definitely buy it. But since none of the shops here sell any Skylanders whatsoever, that's not very likely.

Same here.
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
Kaizena Red Sparx Gems: 89
#34 Posted: 18:42:30 05/03/2012
All the characters, legendaries, and possibly blue bash if he's any different from regular and L Bash. I couldn't care less about the gold, silvers, metallics, and whatever else. I want something that will add something new to my game, not just a figure to sit there and look nice.
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#35 Posted: 18:47:50 05/03/2012
i plan to collect all 32 normal skylanders first then ima worry about legendary version but i do plan to collect them all
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
cooliothex Green Sparx Gems: 410
#36 Posted: 20:56:16 05/03/2012
I allready have DSpyro but i dont plan on collecting the legendaries unless i see them for a normal price. and like someone else said, i dont think the gold silver pearl or metallic ones really count. but yes to all the others
---
I have: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
For the wind!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me