Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Moment of truth; TRU wave 4...? [CLOSED]
ArkeyanForce Green Sparx Gems: 402
#101 Posted: 13:35:25 02/03/2012
the guy at my TRU (milwaukee) said he already got in dragons peak and sold out so i dont think the TRU employes are very reliable
---
FINALLY FOUND HOT HEAD!!!
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#102 Posted: 13:46:47 02/03/2012
Quote: ArkeyanForce
the guy at my TRU (milwaukee) said he already got in dragons peak and sold out so i dont think the TRU employes are very reliable

I don't believe that. Like has already been said, if they were out, they would be showing up on eBay like everything else has.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#103 Posted: 15:19:56 02/03/2012
Very true Himewad.
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#104 Posted: 15:23:01 02/03/2012
^ also they would show up here....we have some big collectors from all around the world. Once Wave 4 and Dragon's Peak are out, we will know!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:04:20 02/03/2012 by JAP28
rck3087 Green Sparx Gems: 354
#105 Posted: 18:28:34 02/03/2012
Quote: Alcatalog
Tons of l-triggs at tru (las vegas meadows)!!!!

Just picked up some of the last ones for my kids, there were about 5-6 left -- hurry on down.
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#106 Posted: 18:37:59 02/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: GameMaster78
Wave 4 might not be out yet. However, it could be super soon when they come.

Skylanders Universe usually allows for renting characters when they're about to be or are released. Well, Zook, Lightning Rod and Sunburn are all rentable, while Warnado, Wham Shell and Camo are not.

game, you mentioned something about checking the stock at the national TRU warehouse.....how exactly does one do that in order to see if dragon's peak would be on the way? and do they have unique identification values for individual single pack characters? or are they all listed under one ID?
Joemama Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#107 Posted: 18:40:38 02/03/2012
I am getting excited for wave 4!
---
smilie I'm Lovin It smilie
MoonlitCynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2589
#108 Posted: 19:46:53 02/03/2012
Picked up two L-Triggs today! It's the last time I have to go to TRU!
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#109 Posted: 20:46:54 02/03/2012
Quote: Aqua
Quote: SteveW
Getting rid of inventory? I don't think they have any inventory, I haven't seen a skylander on the shelf at any Toys-r-us or Walmart store in the past month.

I managed to find a few at TRU and snagged Dino-Rang and Zap but I am pretty much having the same situation. The only one left is Flameslinger.

Flameslinger. Flameslinger everywhere.

Everywhere.

Not in the UK. Not even Wave Three, and the US might be considering Wave Four soon. smilie
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#110 Posted: 02:34:57 03/03/2012 | Topic Creator
my TRU just keeps getting shipments of wave 3, they had like 10-15 chop chops and 6 flameslingers, and more than a few cynders
the kicker was that they haven't actually received a skylanders shipment in a few days. i guess this is a rare instance of stock actually STAYING on the shelves

but yea that whole wave 4 thing was a wild goose chase, i'll be more on the lookout when dragon's peak gets to the main warehouse
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#111 Posted: 22:46:22 03/03/2012
Why are people not considering L-Triggs to be part of Wave 4? He counts for me IMO
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#112 Posted: 23:24:46 03/03/2012
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Why are people not considering L-Triggs to be part of Wave 4? He counts for me IMO

Probably because he's a TRU exclusive.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#113 Posted: 23:27:38 03/03/2012
Quote: Himewad
Quote: Hexin_Wishes

Probably because he's a TRU exclusive.

Hmmm...so I guess that means Whirlwind and Drillbot are considered Wave 3 to some (as well as Ignitor being Wave 4 or 5 eventually)?
dman08 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#114 Posted: 17:04:49 04/03/2012
Back on the hunt tomorrow.... this is too stressful!! lol
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#115 Posted: 20:10:37 04/03/2012
I could see tru getting them in on mondday or tuesday, because you would think activision would want the sales from them to show they still did well along side the massive release of mass effect 3. All the collectors editions have been sold out for a long while ebgames stop taking ce of it months ago and until today they where not even gauranteeing all the regular copies preordered would get the preorder bonus because of how many prepurchases they have recieved. Also as usual most places are giving it a midnight launch.
#116 Posted: 21:00:51 04/03/2012
^I'm not sure I follow you there. These are the figurines we're talking about, not the video games themselves. The sales from the figures don't add to the sales of the video game (I mean, chart wise. Example: the sale of a single does not boost the sales count of the album it comes from).
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#117 Posted: 00:05:05 05/03/2012
No but they do add to corporate sales and acti is a video game company so there sales for this quarter in comparison to ea's could look very low or very high. Company wise you dont want to see another company make higher or close sales (profit) to you in any quarter. If another company is doing better sales then that means those are sales your not getting. It shows your doing as good or worse and makes your company less viable and less profitable. Thats also why many companies launch titles and systems seperatley so they have no direct competition at launch and it shows a higher sales profit in a marginal period as to over all. Its basic a new restaurant opens up and it is always busy the first few weeks then as it grows older only quality and service keep numbers up. Companies base profit on quarters and annually. They all have profit plans and goals set by a corpate, or finacial division, they look at cost and over head and figure an estimated profit plan based on that. Its a bit more complicated but thats the basics.

Also Skylanders arn't technically toys there an eccessory to a video game. Where do you buy them. The toy section or electronics section? The last time I checked ebgames, futureshop, best buy, didnt have a toy section. They also are no where near as versitile as a toy. My old toys Heman, secret wars, star wars, th. cats. They saw pools, lakes, buried in snow, buried in sand, tossed thrown, left out in the rain, and the sun, and they where just fine a bit scratched up but still together still playable. Even many of my kids toys today endure the same play factor, but landers can not.

They lay more in the realm of figurines, and any collector will tell you there is a big difference between a toy and a figurine. Usually figures cost more, they have less articulation (not always)
and they are mor fragile small parts that may fall off or break. a lot of video game, and horror movie based figs are like this, wow figs are like this as are most mcfarlane toys figs.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:19:09 05/03/2012 by Brutungo
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me