Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Moment of truth; TRU wave 4...? [CLOSED]
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#51 Posted: 02:39:38 01/03/2012
Quote: Himewad
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Who said it was a March exclusive? From the first I heard of it, it was described as a 30-day exclusive.

I quoted an article a few posts above from Businessweek stating that is was a March exclusive and Aqua quoted another source echoing this. Do people not read posts?

I saw elsewhere that it was a 30-day TRU exclusive being released sometime in March. It never said what day in March. Pardon me for not following your posts with more passion.

Well, yeah, but what sense would it make to have it be an exclusive during the Easter holiday? On one hand it could boost sales at Toys'R'Us but, on the other, what about the eventual stock shortages?
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#52 Posted: 02:39:45 01/03/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Darklight Crypt was in Walmart in my area on November 15, on the dot, with Hex, Dino Rang and Wrecking Ball. It might not have been widespread, but at the end of the exclusivity agreement, it was indeed around.

Not for us in OKC. Around November 15th I was finding Hex, Dino Rang, Wrecking Ball, but all that was going out in terms of adventure packs, was Pirate Seas.

Best Buy was the first to put out Darklight here in OKC, and that was around December 1st. Walmart didn't start stocking theres until around December 20th.

I just checked the last of my local TRU's, to see what they're getting on tomorrow's truck. NOTTA when it comes to Dragon's Peak. Infact, NO TRU in my area got triple or adventure packs this week. The only thing that came on the trucks this week, was L-Trigg. Now this TRU is getting L-Trigg tomorrow. 54 of them to be precise.

A TRU employee told me this week, that what's been happening with Skylanders as of late, is one week will be singles on the trucks, the next will be triple and adventure packs.

Like I said, there is 0% chance Dragon's Peak shows up tomorrow in ANY TRU! I would be so bold to say there is a chance next week, but 2-3 weeks from this past Monday seems more accurate. Even then, I could be wrong.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#53 Posted: 02:42:23 01/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Darklight Crypt was in Walmart in my area on November 15, on the dot, with Hex, Dino Rang and Wrecking Ball. It might not have been widespread, but at the end of the exclusivity agreement, it was indeed around.

Not for us in OKC. Around November 15th I was finding Hex, Dino Rang, Wrecking Ball, but all that was going out in terms of adventure packs, was Pirate Seas.

Best Buy was the first to put out Darklight here in OKC, and that was around December 1st. Walmart didn't start stocking theres until around December 20th.

I just checked the last of my local TRU's, to see what they're getting on tomorrow's truck. NOTTA when it comes to Dragon's Peak. Infact, NO TRU in my area got triple or adventure packs this week. The only thing that came on the trucks this week, was L-Trigg. Now this TRU is getting L-Trigg tomorrow. 54 of them to be precise.

A TRU employee told me this week, that what's been happening with Skylanders as of late, is one week will be singles on the trucks, the next will be triple and adventure packs.

Like I said, there is 0% chance Dragon's Peak shows up tomorrow in ANY TRU! I would be so bold to say there is a chance next week, but 2-3 weeks from this past Monday seems more accurate. Even then, I could be wrong.

Ughh, I had a slight pessimistic feeling that the whole "deal" of two free Adventure/Triple packs were being advertised due to this...

EDIT: Anyways, I'll do what I planned to do and report back to tell if any DPs came out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:44:00 01/03/2012 by Hexin_Wishes
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#54 Posted: 02:49:06 01/03/2012
I said before that the TRU sale was being done to get rid of old Skylanders. They wouldn't just give away wave fours.

Don't people read posts!? smilie
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#55 Posted: 03:02:04 01/03/2012
I said before that the TRU sale was being done to get rid of old Skylanders. They wouldn't just give away wave fours.

Don't people read posts!? smilie

Oh you! smilie

I totally understood what you were saying but I guess wishful thinking + people claiming their ads advertised DP got my hopes up. smilie
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#56 Posted: 03:04:04 01/03/2012
BTW - When I was calling TRU's today, I had them check the national warehouse for Dragon's Peak and the stock still shows 0. Of course we could get surprised and it could arrive and ship to stores within 24-48 hours, but it's looking more like a mid-March release for DP.

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#57 Posted: 03:07:06 01/03/2012
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi
BTW - When I was calling TRU's today, I had them check the national warehouse for Dragon's Peak and the stock still shows 0. Of course we could get surprised and it could arrive and ship to stores within 24-48 hours, but it's looking more like a mid-March release for DP.

-VM

*cries self to sleep*

Patience was never my virtue. Alas, I guess I must be on the hunt for the other packs then in the meantime!
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#58 Posted: 03:10:02 01/03/2012
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi

-VM

*cries self to sleep*

Patience was never my virtue. Alas, I guess I must be on the hunt for the other packs then in the meantime!

Agreed.
*Sigh* I was really excited......
Hopefully your all wrong!!!!! smilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#59 Posted: 03:43:44 01/03/2012
From a business perspective, it's incredibly beneficial to have Dragon's Peak come in this week. Three packs may sell for a profit, but the more starter kits they move, the more profit they'll absorb down the line from people who have to come in for more figures. It behooves them to get as many starter kits as they can out the door, and offering a high-demand incentive will pay for itself down the line.
Flamethrower Green Sparx Gems: 469
#60 Posted: 04:06:14 01/03/2012
hmmmm.............. Well legendary trigger happy came out in Canada first over a week in advance of the USA ,mabey the same with dragons peak and I live in Canada smilie
---
Ones we own |smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|
#61 Posted: 04:08:28 01/03/2012
^Thats what im hoping for...
#62 Posted: 04:08:34 01/03/2012
From a business perspective, it's incredibly beneficial to have Dragon's Peak come in this week. Three packs may sell for a profit, but the more starter kits they move, the more profit they'll absorb down the line from people who have to come in for more figures. It behooves them to get as many starter kits as they can out the door, and offering a high-demand incentive will pay for itself down the line.

I wonder how many people would just buy the starter pack to get the two triples (or adventure packs), then try to get at least $25 for the starter pack to come out ahead?
---
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#63 Posted: 04:10:18 01/03/2012
Quote:

It might be released this week. Read my new topic.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#64 Posted: 04:15:38 01/03/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598
Quote:

It might be released this week. Read my new topic.

See post #12 of this thread, Whirlwind. Didn't need a new topic.
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#65 Posted: 04:17:12 01/03/2012

I wonder how many people would just buy the starter pack to get the two triples (or adventure packs), then try to get at least $25 for the starter pack to come out ahead?

Probably lots. I'd do it. In fact, I still may, if Dragon's Peak actually shows up. There's really no reason not to dismantle and sell a 3DS version and essentially net yourself two free three-packs in the process. Even so, though, I'd wager these sales will be offset by people actually buying the game and investing in subsequent figures for it, which TRU already sells at a markup over MSRP. The secondary market is prevalent, don't get me wrong, but it seems bigger to us here on the internet because that's the side of it we see. Actual, legitimate sales are largely invisible to us due to our vantage point online, but the game is very popular.
#66 Posted: 05:12:47 01/03/2012
Whirlwind, if the main TRU warehouse doesn't have them, how can TRU get them?

Call any of your TRU stores. Ask them how often UPS or FedEX Express ships them Skylanders. They will say "not since the holidays."

Their trucks are alternating. One week will be singles (this week; L-Trigg), while the next will be triple and adventure packs.

There are only two more days these could come out in stores. Tomorrow and Friday. Sure, some TRU's get their trucks on Friday, but it won't be on there. TRU can't get these on their truck, if these aren't in the distribution center for each stores' region. And each distribution center can't get them, unless the main warehouse gets them. The main warehouse shows 0.

Even if they got them in tomorrow, they still need to be shipped to each regions' DC. Then each DC needs to pack them on a truck. By that time, it will be Saturday. No TRU gets trucks on Saturday, unless it's the holidays.
---
#67 Posted: 13:26:32 01/03/2012
Really? I've spoken to a few TRU representatives and they do actually tell me to check back on Saturday. Maybe some do get shipments on the Saturdays?
#68 Posted: 14:22:19 01/03/2012
Well, even if so, I can 100% gaurentee no TRU gets them this week. It's like one TRU employee told me. This week seems to be all about single packs, namely L-Trigg. Every other week is triple and adventure packs.
---
dman08 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#69 Posted: 14:32:37 01/03/2012
I was in TRU last week (Canada) and stood there when he received the UPS shipment and saw him open the boxes. There were singles, legendary trigger happy and triple pack of legendary. Wonder what today will be then if they alternate like people say? hmm.... I thought legendary trigger happy wasn't supposed to come out until March too and we received it two weeks earlier? All this is guessing and the only people that know are the little skylander characters in the box. lol Hope everyone has fun hunting and the anticipation!
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#70 Posted: 14:41:44 01/03/2012 | Topic Creator
not sure where people keep getting the idea of singles and triple packs alternating by the week
my TRU gets a mix of both all the time, both on the morning trucks, and on the 2pm UPS shipments.

either way i'll be calling a little bit after their get the ups shipment, and ask them to check for dragon's peak as well as warnado/camo.
the trouble will be describing them to the person over the phone briefly, but with enough detail that they'll be able to spot them (if they're there)
#71 Posted: 14:47:17 01/03/2012
Quote: Osbor
not sure where people keep getting the idea of singles and triple packs alternating by the week
my TRU gets a mix of both all the time, both on the morning trucks, and on the 2pm UPS shipments.

either way i'll be calling a little bit after their get the ups shipment, and ask them to check for dragon's peak as well as warnado/camo. The trouble will be describing them to the person over the phone briefly, but with enough detail that they'll be able to spot them (if they're there).

That's why I don't call anymore. The employees are aware of the Skylander figures, obviously, but the overwhelming majority don't know which characters are which, especially ones that haven't been released yet. I was in a TRU the other day convincing an employee that there is a Legendary single pack coming out very soon, and they were adamant that there was only a triple pack. I just told her, "I know, but it's coming soon." Not sure I convinced her, but it didn't really matter since they hadn't received them yet.
---
Rubix42 Red Sparx Gems: 41
#72 Posted: 15:19:37 01/03/2012
Only L-trigger at my TRU today
---
Falling to pieces
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#73 Posted: 15:52:05 01/03/2012
Checked tru this morning and nope nothing.
#74 Posted: 16:00:34 01/03/2012
Quote: Osbor

either way i'll be calling a little bit after their get the ups shipment, and ask them to check for dragon's peak as well as warnado/camo.
the trouble will be describing them to the person over the phone briefly, but with enough detail that they'll be able to spot them (if they're there)

When I've been descriptive about each figure starting with wave 2, I've said this -

Hex: Looks like a little witch girl holding a skull.
D. Rang: Looks like a green dinosaur holding boomerangs
W. Ball: Looks like a little blue ball.
Empire of Ice: Has a shield and anvil, with a blue four-armed Yeti.
Cynder: Looks like a purple and pink dragon.
D. Trouble: Looks like a witch doctor.

That's how I described them. With the rest I will say this.

Zook: Is green and holding a bazooka.
Camo: Is a green plant-dragon.
Warnado: Is a turtle sitting on top of a tornado.
Lightning Rod: Is holding a lightning bolt in his hand.
Wham Shell: Is a crab holding a huge mace.
Dragon's Peak: Comes with a phoenix (not including dragon), a boot and a dragonfly.
---
MoonlitCynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2589
#75 Posted: 16:01:27 01/03/2012
Quote: Brutungo

Same here. I waited for them to open and they had nothing new and when we asked the kid if they had anything new he had to ask another guy, neither of them traveled to the back to check, and this other guy said there are no new ones. I'm emotional about this morning.
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#76 Posted: 16:10:48 01/03/2012
I guess I am lucky because Every time I have asked I just tell them the name and they go look for that name.
#77 Posted: 16:15:56 01/03/2012
I just wish there were set dates given out that we could count on. That would make everything easier.

But I am going to check on my way home today and I will check tomorrow as well.
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#78 Posted: 16:19:08 01/03/2012
Quote: MoonlitCynder

Same here. I waited for them to open and they had nothing new and when we asked the kid if they had anything new he had to ask another guy, neither of them traveled to the back to check, and this other guy said there are no new ones. I'm emotional about this morning.

I got to my TRU when it opened, as well, and it's still just the older figures. Not even wave 3's were on the pegs. Poop.

Wish I knew why some TRU stores get figures much earlier than others.
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#79 Posted: 16:21:33 01/03/2012

My cousin told me that there's certain places that are like warehouses, and they send stock to other stores. So ones that are closest to wherever the things are being shipped from probably get them first.

Don't know how accurate that is, but makes sense to me.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#80 Posted: 16:23:29 01/03/2012
Quote: MoonlitCynder

I got to my TRU when it opened, as well, and it's still just the older figures. Not even wave 3's were on the pegs. Poop.

I know! They had waves one and two and there were more than enough of them on the pegs. The kicker about my TRU is that they got a bunch of.....Starter Packs in a box today! Like we need more of those.......:[
---
deadmaninc010 Red Sparx Gems: 66
#81 Posted: 16:48:46 01/03/2012
Ok so i work in the electronics dept @ a tru & i got some inside info-we are to recieve a drop pallet (the cardboard displatys that ship preloaded with product) of sklyanders some time around the second week of march...so theres a possibility that this is what will contain the dragons peak, LTH, and trans Blue bash
#82 Posted: 16:54:39 01/03/2012
Just to be clear, this is the second full week of March (11-17) right?
deadmaninc010 Red Sparx Gems: 66
#83 Posted: 17:02:51 01/03/2012
from the memo i read it was to ship to stores between the 7th-9th, but has a release date which was not specified to my recollection
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#84 Posted: 17:39:19 01/03/2012
I thought blue Bash was release dated to 4/8??
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
#85 Posted: 17:47:50 01/03/2012
Quote: Kesrael
I thought blue Bash was release dated to 4/8??

It is
---
Aqua Green Sparx Gems: 439
#86 Posted: 18:16:17 01/03/2012
Second week of March I'm on spring break so... *crosses fingers for Dragon's Peak release*

No Dragon's Peak or L-Trigg for me, but I DID manage to find the three-pack with Sonic Boom, Stealth Elf, and Wrecking Ball. Whoohoo! smilie
Alcatalog Blue Sparx Gems: 753
#87 Posted: 18:30:24 01/03/2012
Tons of l-triggs at tru (las vegas meadows)!!!!
---
Got 38
DantheDragonBoy Green Sparx Gems: 404
#88 Posted: 21:27:11 01/03/2012
No luck today :/
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
37/37
#89 Posted: 22:20:38 01/03/2012
^Same not a single one.
Namco51 Green Sparx Gems: 137
#90 Posted: 23:02:55 01/03/2012
Just called 4 TRUs in the California Bay Area... and nothing. No L-triggs and obviously no wave 4's. Just starter packs.
Nilus Red Sparx Gems: 47
#91 Posted: 23:04:31 01/03/2012
So....has anybody seen this? My mother called and seemed to think the TRU near her (in Memphis, TN) had a two pack containing Dark Spyro and Stealth Elf. I'm currently of the opinion she picked up the 3ds box and just didn't see all 3 characters but it is vaugely possible I suppose that they boxed those two together.
---
Me: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Son: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#92 Posted: 23:05:40 01/03/2012
tru should get dp in this month because the manager at ebgames told me today they have an april listing for dp and wave 4. So if eb will be selling dp in april the 30 days for tru should be this month.
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#93 Posted: 23:10:33 01/03/2012
Keyword: SHOULD BE.....TRU+ACTIVISION=LETDOWN , DISAPPOINTMENT AND FRUSTRATION
#94 Posted: 00:28:37 02/03/2012
Called my TRU on my way home from work (which I never do), and they said they won't get another truck until Thursday.

{sigh}

Guess I'll just have to WORK next week.
---
posreject Yellow Sparx Gems: 1331
#95 Posted: 01:09:08 02/03/2012
I hit 2 TRUs, in FL this morning, and every peg filled with wave 1 & 2. I asked them about LTH and DP and they seem to be legitimately unaware of anything new coming in. Also, neither had a single 3 pack available for the advertised sale - just gobs of older single packs.

Good news is both TRUs were limiting sales to 5 purchases per customer.
---
S:SA: 37/37, 3 variants & 4 SK
S:G: 54/54, 14 variants & 4 SK
S:SF: lost count...
#96 Posted: 01:59:40 02/03/2012
Wave 4 might not be out yet. However, it could be super soon when they come.

Skylanders Universe usually allows for renting characters when they're about to be or are released. Well, Zook, Lightning Rod and Sunburn are all rentable, while Warnado, Wham Shell and Camo are not.
---
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#97 Posted: 03:10:34 02/03/2012
I picked up L-TH this morning. My friend wanted to get the starter, and 2 adventure packs (the current deal), but they only had 1 Dark Light Crypt. We asked if they had anymore figures, since they just got boxes(all L-TH), and he said all that came Thursday was L-TH, but he was expecting a shipment of adventure packs Friday morning, but didn't know which adventure packs they were. Could be Dragon's Peak, or it could be just to restock up, so more could take advantage of the deal. I don't know. My friend is checking it out for me in the morning.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#98 Posted: 04:01:50 02/03/2012
Wow. Ive been looking for a prism break for weeks. I have double of all figures out. 1 open and 1 unopen even L Trig. Prism break was the only double I didnt have. Amazon just posted 1 in stock at 7.99. How did thry just get 1 in? Wierd but oh well I got it. I still need a unopened crypt, and eoi tho then Ill be set. Really wasnt expecting this. Maybe tomorrow TRU will get some adventure packs and my luck wont run out.
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#99 Posted: 04:48:37 02/03/2012
Sometimes Amazon gets a decent amount in stock, say 50-100+. A lot of times I've seen the 1 in stock thing though. I don't quite understand it either. Congrats though.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#100 Posted: 10:22:22 02/03/2012
I imagine the 1 in stock thing is because people have pre-ordered or have been waiting for their order to be fulfilled for a long time so when the stock comes in the priority goes to the sales that have already been made... only what's left after gets shown as in stock.

Just my theory and as Amazon is a huge company I seriously cannot imagine them getting a delivery with just one of something in it.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me