Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Adventure Case [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 17:09:46 27/02/2012 | Topic Creator
There's a new Skylanders adventure case for $39.99

http://www.toysrus.com/product...c=prodCrossSell
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#2 Posted: 17:17:50 27/02/2012
Neat little case. My kids would love it.
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#3 Posted: 17:23:23 27/02/2012
That's quite cool, looks better quality than this one. Has anyone else really looked at this? The compartments are the flimsiest cardboard and they fall apart easily, no wonder UK TRUs are giving them away free with starter packs now, they're terrible.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#4 Posted: 17:39:05 27/02/2012
ha! it has a special place to put wireless portals, and little spots to place skylanders of each element around it. that's really neat
Spyro Forever Red Sparx Gems: 84
#5 Posted: 17:53:17 27/02/2012
$40 bucks?! What are they crazy? I'm sure it doesn't even hold all the Skylanders.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#6 Posted: 17:57:32 27/02/2012
Quote: Spyro Forever
$40 bucks?! What are they crazy? I'm sure it doesn't even hold all the Skylanders.

It's fabric, I wouldn't be surprised if you could fit quite a lot of Skylanders in there. I have a pocket in my bag that is far smaller than carrying bag that can fit my 11 Skylanders and the Portal.

Edit: That image shows 11 Skylanders and the Portal itself and I'm sure you could probably fit some more smaller ones in their and, if not, you could stack them on top of each other.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:59:27 27/02/2012 by bionicle2809
#7 Posted: 18:04:10 27/02/2012
Quote: bionicle2809

It's fabric, I wouldn't be surprised if you could fit quite a lot of Skylanders in there. I have a pocket in my bag that is far smaller than carrying bag that can fit my 11 Skylanders and the Portal.

Edit: That image shows 11 Skylanders and the Portal itself and I'm sure you could probably fit some more smaller ones in their and, if not, you could stack them on top of each other.

I count 12 myself (there's something next to Stealth Elf) and I'm sure you could fit quite a few more in but I'd be worried about stuffing too many in as wings/arms/heads could get bent and break off if you're not too careful.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#8 Posted: 18:09:26 27/02/2012
Quote: Deandria

I count 12 myself (there's something next to Stealth Elf) and I'm sure you could fit quite a few more in but I'd be worried about stuffing too many in as wings/arms/heads could get bent and break off if you're not too careful.

i doubt it, i'm not sure what kind of plastic these things are (Jin probably knows the exact compound), but it's incredibly elastic and durable. these things bending or snapping is the last of my concerns to be honest.
#9 Posted: 18:14:34 27/02/2012
Quote: Osbor
i doubt it, i'm not sure what kind of plastic these things are (Jin probably knows the exact compound), but it's incredibly elastic and durable. these things bending or snapping is the last of my concerns to be honest.

I've heard numerous stories about people who had Skylanders lose limbs... not to mention the fact that the paint could get damaged...

Edit:
Quote: Monsinour
My son was playing the game and accidentally stepped on Chop Chop. Needless to say, his arm with the sword came right off.

Quote: willow
None of mine are broken, although two are 'dead'- or as I prefer to say, injured: Very soon after buying Zap his leg began to continuously fall off, but could still be put back on, though it would still later fall off again. Then there is Hex, who since I bought has had her arm holding the skull very wobbly, and a couple of days ago it fell off completely.

Quote: terranakari
Ok, so my son totally destroyed my Hex figure, not the in-game version but the toy, he ripped off both of her arms.

There are probably more I'm just too lazy to search.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:28:20 27/02/2012 by Deandria
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#10 Posted: 18:52:15 27/02/2012
That is really cooooool! Good find!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#11 Posted: 18:59:21 27/02/2012
I will never put my Skylanders together, where they can rub together. That's paint damage waiting to happen.

This case is cool, but they need to make one that can house all 37 Skylanders and 8 magical items, and have that open flap where you can put a portal.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#12 Posted: 19:01:35 27/02/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
I will never put my Skylanders together, where they can rub together. That's paint damage waiting to happen.

This case is cool, but they need to make one that can house all 37 Skylanders and 8 magical items, and have that open flap where you can put a portal.

What about the levels and VV?
---
Bring the Fanta
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#13 Posted: 19:04:49 27/02/2012

That would be cool, might be big, but i'd certainly buy it.
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
#14 Posted: 19:16:40 27/02/2012
Quote: Deandria

The Skylanders are all made of very dense rubber, they won't break easily.
#15 Posted: 19:19:50 27/02/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12

What about the levels and VV?

Well, I am thinking about in terms of a case made only for Skylanders. I - of course - have my case, which can hold everything. I never thought about having a spot for VV, because it doesn't do anything other than unlock a battle arena.
---
Spyro Forever Red Sparx Gems: 84
#16 Posted: 20:01:27 27/02/2012
I like the case as a collection piece, but I wouldn't place my Skylanders in it.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#17 Posted: 21:02:53 27/02/2012

i am waiting for the ultimate tower case that fit everything.... hopefully soon it will be out.

[User Posted Image]
#18 Posted: 23:28:43 27/02/2012
Quote: kappapopm

i am waiting for the ultimate tower case that fit everything.... hopefully soon it will be out.

[User Posted Image]

this looks shooped
i can tell from the pixels
and from having seen quite a few shoops in my time
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#19 Posted: 23:41:09 27/02/2012

[User Posted Image]

LOL! This made my day! Could you imagine if they really made it though? It would need little wheels or something if you intended to take it places.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#20 Posted: 23:50:05 27/02/2012
How about a Skylander's backpack for only $20!?

jeezluiz mahn
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
TheFireInside Gold Sparx Gems: 2426
#21 Posted: 02:50:03 28/02/2012
this looks cool, if it was cheaper or goes on sale maybe I'll get it for more of my skylanders. I got the little round one similar to it, but I mainly just use it as storage, not for actual carrying around.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#22 Posted: 02:53:13 28/02/2012
i wish the art on these things was...slightly more...subtle?
having the stock box art with "SKYLANDERS" pasted on there looks kind of tacky, but i'm used to subtle merch so whatevs
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#23 Posted: 04:57:11 28/02/2012
Quote: Osbor

[User Posted Image]

this looks shooped
i can tell from the pixels
and from having seen quite a few shoops in my time

He's not saying its real. Obviously photoshopped, but it made me lol. I love it.

Forty bucks for the OP's case is WAY overpriced.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#24 Posted: 06:12:49 28/02/2012
Quote: Himewad

He's not saying its real. Obviously photoshopped

my god, i am discovered
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13909
#25 Posted: 16:45:39 02/03/2012
The back of the box says it "Holds up to 32 Skylanders!"

[User Posted Image]
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Flamethrower Green Sparx Gems: 469
#26 Posted: 16:52:12 02/03/2012
Looks cheasey to me
---
Ones we own |smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#27 Posted: 16:53:28 02/03/2012
Quote: dark52
The back of the box says it "Holds up to 32 Skylanders!"

[User Posted Image]

How does that fit all the figures in?
If it did though, then I'd buy it!
---
Bring the Fanta
#28 Posted: 17:27:57 02/03/2012
Even if it holds 32, I could still see them swishing around in there, which would rub paint, break limbs and such.

They should make a divider in there for all 32, plus portal.

I swear, had I been the one making these cases at that company, I would make awesome ones, or put a little more thought into it.
---
#29 Posted: 18:00:35 02/03/2012
Even if it holds 32, I could still see them swishing around in there, which would rub paint, break limbs and such.

I swear, had I been the one making these cases at that company, I would make awesome ones, or put a little more thought into it.

Why is it that everyone things these figures, these incredibly light figures non the less, will immediadly break upon contact with each other? I've stored my Skylanders in small bags in the past (along with the portal) and I've never had any such problem. All the limbs are made of rubber for the exact purpose that they don't snap like plastic.
#30 Posted: 18:15:01 02/03/2012

Why is it that everyone things these figures, these incredibly light figures non the less, will immediadly break upon contact with each other? I've stored my Skylanders in small bags in the past (along with the portal) and I've never had any such problem. All the limbs are made of rubber for the exact purpose that they don't snap like plastic.

I have wondered about this, too. If it's out of the box, it's going to have some wear and tear. The only time I have had problems with a figure "breaking" was when a wing came out of the socket on our Dark Spyro. I super-glued it back on, and haven't had an issue since.
---
#31 Posted: 18:47:05 02/03/2012

I have wondered about this, too. If it's out of the box, it's going to have some wear and tear. The only time I have had problems with a figure "breaking" was when a wing came out of the socket on our Dark Spyro. I super-glued it back on, and haven't had an issue since.

Why are so many people convinced these characters are so durable?

Read my earlier post with quotes from people on this forum saying their characters have broken. Also: I am incredibly careful with my figures but I'm still having a problem with one of the little gold fins on the side of the Pirate Seas ship that is starting to weaken (not at the joint, part way along) from being layed on its side on one of those air pockets they use for packaging and some tissue paper... it's practically wrapped in cotton wool and today I noticed that it appeard to be visibly damaged.

But more so than damage to the physical figure the worry would be damage to the paint which is very easily scratched, chipped and worn away in fact when I bought my Stealth Elf I went through all of the ones in the store until I found one that didn't already have paint damage whilst still in its box... AND when I got home I realised she's missing a small amount of paint on her leg and foot even though she is still in her box..
---
#32 Posted: 18:56:01 02/03/2012
Plastic/rubber and paint wears off, yes. But limbs and wings don't snap off. They may come out, because of the way the toys are made, but they don't snap like actual plastic. And they certainly won't come out of place by being next to each other in a bag.
#33 Posted: 19:11:19 02/03/2012
@Deandria ... if you want your figures to be pristine, you should leave them in the box. If you want to play with them, they are going to show wear and tear. If they made the figures indestructible, unchippable, and un-lose-paint-able, you'd be paying a lot more per figure than you are.
---
#34 Posted: 19:45:25 02/03/2012
@Deandria ... if you want your figures to be pristine, you should leave them in the box. If you want to play with them, they are going to show wear and tear. If they made the figures indestructible, unchippable, and un-lose-paint-able, you'd be paying a lot more per figure than you are.

Oh I know that and infact I keep all my single packs closed to avoid damage... but some of them you have to open... besides that's not the point... The fact remains that repeated use will cause damage... especially if they're all knocked about in a bag like that or stuffed in so they don't move but are all bent up, because repeated bending of almost anything causes wear and eventual breakage which was my original point
---
#35 Posted: 21:03:04 02/03/2012
It's possible to open them and still keep them in pristine condition. It all boils down to how one handles them.

As for the figures being easily damaged, explain how I saw a sealed Prism Break at my local TRU, and he was off of his base? My sons Slam Bam was in two pieces inside a sealed Empire of Ice when I bought it. He wanted to keep it. I can show you how he came off the peg that holds his feet together with his torso.

The Prism Break in the sealed package, that was off of his base, had pegs on the bottom of his feet, that slotted into the pegs.

Point is, if they're easily breakable in a sealed bubble, imagine them rubbing and clanking together in a flimsy bag. That's why that bag should have a divider for all 32 it says it can carry.
---
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#36 Posted: 21:34:20 02/03/2012
still awaiting backpack

so i can have a backpack that looks "swaaaaaaaag" for school

like a portal boss
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#37 Posted: 00:05:04 03/03/2012
Aside from a few incidents mentioned here they seem pretty durable. I have piled all 31 of mine plus items into my backpack for transport without any problems. There is no visible damage on any of mine smilie as for them rubbing together in this case, i dont think thats much of a problem. As long as you arent throwing it around or taking it on a jog with you they should be fine. Besides, skylanders are aimed toward kids. Most kids couldnt care less if their toys had a little wear and tear on them
---
Praise Helix!!!
jperrot1 Blue Sparx Gems: 993
#38 Posted: 01:56:49 03/03/2012
We have had three arms break off of skylanders so far. In the center of the rubber is, I believe, metal. All you have to do is bend the arm a little too far and...... snap. We glued them back on.
skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#39 Posted: 12:19:06 03/03/2012
It looks to me like they're getting closer with each subsequent case design, but still missing the mark.

The good news is that Activision is in talks with many companies interested in licensing for Skylanders. No doubt one company will handle making a proper case better than the three we've seen so far.

I'm going to be patient and see what develops.
---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#40 Posted: 16:58:34 03/03/2012
Quote: skyp1e
It looks to me like they're getting closer with each subsequent case design, but still missing the mark.

The good news is that Activision is in talks with many companies interested in licensing for Skylanders. No doubt one company will handle making a proper case better than the three we've seen so far.

I'm going to be patient and see what develops.

That's good news smilie I hope they make some slightly more subtle bag designs for us oldies, that one looks 'fun' for kids but it's a bit garish for my tastes... that and the fact I am very slightly embarrassed about my obsession with a kids game and don't exactly want to advertise it to everyone... something in black with tasteful embroidery outlines on like in this image:

[User Posted Image]

I don't imagine it will happen but I can dream can't I?
---
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#41 Posted: 00:54:12 04/03/2012
I honestly wish this was out sooner. My kids would use it and it would take up far less space than the 3 stanley boxes I have. Oh well.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me