Page 1 of 1
Will there be..... [CLOSED]
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#1 Posted: 15:21:56 26/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Elemental gates?

And if so will they have special giant ones?

Plus are the giants 2 elements or one.

Will there be new elemants, what will they be?
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 15:25:42 26/02/2012
Yes there will be elemental gates.

And no new elements, there will be the same eight elements used in the last game.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#3 Posted: 16:57:59 26/02/2012
Quote: joerox123

I doubt the giants will have special elemental gates. They might have there own system of an area that only a giant can get into, but I don't think it'll depend on their element simply because I think they wouldn't consider making you buy all 8 giants to complete the game 100%.

I mean, in S:SA it was 8 (one of each element) to complete the game 100% and when they're about $8/£7 each and there are 32 in total, that's fair. However, One of each element when there are only 1 in each element and considering they'll cost a lot more than $8/£7 kind of doesn't seem like a viable thing to do.

Maybe they'll have gates/areas based on the giants themselves. Say you need to get to an area by pulling a chain (as we saw in the preview video) but you're playing with a giant that doesn't have arms. You could switch to Tree Rex and pull the chain. Say there's an area through a hole in a wall that's too high for a normal Skylander to reach, but too small for someone like Tree Rex to get in. Maybe you'd need a smaller Giant (like a spider-type giant) to crawl through the hole.

That's my theory on it anyway.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#4 Posted: 18:59:25 26/02/2012
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: joerox123

I doubt the giants will have special elemental gates. They might have there own system of an area that only a giant can get into, but I don't think it'll depend on their element simply because I think they wouldn't consider making you buy all 8 giants to complete the game 100%.

I mean, in S:SA it was 8 (one of each element) to complete the game 100% and when they're about $8/£7 each and there are 32 in total, that's fair. However, One of each element when there are only 1 in each element and considering they'll cost a lot more than $8/£7 kind of doesn't seem like a viable thing to do.

Maybe they'll have gates/areas based on the giants themselves. Say you need to get to an area by pulling a chain (as we saw in the preview video) but you're playing with a giant that doesn't have arms. You could switch to Tree Rex and pull the chain. Say there's an area through a hole in a wall that's too high for a normal Skylander to reach, but too small for someone like Tree Rex to get in. Maybe you'd need a smaller Giant (like a spider-type giant) to crawl through the hole.

That's my theory on it anyway.

Sorry but the premise of having areas that only a subset of giants can enter sort of contradicts the idea of not being forced to purchase (nearly) all giants. This is especially true when you start to talk about "smaller" giants.

I see a simple system where there are areas where only giants may enter but any giant may do so. For example, if a giant lacks arms then they will have some other way of demonstrating that feat of strength (mouth, magic, prehensile butt-cheeks).
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#5 Posted: 21:30:41 26/02/2012
I agree with bionicle2809.... think you will need 8 Giants and 8 skylanders elements not to finish the game but to get 100% in the game!
Not saying I agree with small giants and things like that! Just for achievements, accolades, trophies things of that nature!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#6 Posted: 00:33:45 27/02/2012
The way they were talkin, all the Giants are going to be "big" meaning no "small giants or big giants" cause they explained when they made the giants, they gave them the weakness of speed and mobility. The reasoning was so people wouldnt always be Giants, so everyone would still use normal skylanders. So im guessing all the Giants will be big and bulky with lots of power and every Giant will be able to open the "Giant Portal" (whatever it is only giants can go)........ I guess they can make "small giants" with even power.... but i wouldnt understand the point.
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:35:33 27/02/2012 by Wiseman
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me