Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Heads up; Skylanders in the toys r us circulars, holding back stock?
Page 1 of 1
Heads up; Skylanders in the toys r us circulars, holding back stock? [CLOSED]
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#1 Posted: 01:58:24 26/02/2012 | Topic Creator
call your local toys r us as soon as they open tomorrow morning
word on the street is that, since skylanders are in the circulars starting tomorrow, store managers have been instructed to hold back stock until sunday in order to be in accordance with said sale.
my local manager mentioned some legendary three packs, might be some other figures, his underlings don't know for certain.

keep your ear to the ground (or in this case, tile)
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#2 Posted: 02:08:36 26/02/2012
My TRU said they got some boxes today, but when I went the same things from yesterday, so maybe thats why they weren't out yet because they were holding them.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#3 Posted: 02:25:53 26/02/2012 | Topic Creator
funny story, turns out it's impossibly to see the next week's circulars online. only the current week's
and they don't actually update the online circular page until midnight on sunday (a full 24 hours after the day changeover)

best bet it just calling, i'm not even sure what kind of skylander sale it is, just that there's a sale of some manner
Rubix42 Red Sparx Gems: 41
#4 Posted: 03:00:51 26/02/2012
When I was at my local TRU Thursday (truck day) the guy working said he had 6 Legendary 3 packs in the back, holding until Sunday, as the ad is going to promise each store to have 6 in stock minimum.

I need the Legendary's and am heading up at 9:45 to hopefully grab these finally.
---
Falling to pieces
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 03:05:27 26/02/2012
My face when they have them at THE LOW LOW PRICE OF $7.99.

They're probably just doing a buy one get one sale. I don't think they'll have reduced prices, but rather a bogo which would help people still hunting for them.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#6 Posted: 03:07:09 26/02/2012
Is this in Canada as well?
L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#7 Posted: 03:12:03 26/02/2012
Is ltrig happy even out n usa or just like oooo rare at this point lol
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#8 Posted: 03:29:34 26/02/2012
What's all this then? Some sort of sale planned for tomorrow?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
dman08 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#9 Posted: 03:48:45 26/02/2012
In the Canadian flyer for TRU this week is says the Skylander starter packs are on sale for $49.99. Wonder if this is what they are talking about?
#10 Posted: 04:22:02 26/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyroflame0487

They're probably just doing a buy one get one sale. I don't think they'll have reduced prices, but rather a bogo which would help people still hunting for them.

i'd love a bogo. i'd like to expand my collection to some characters i'm not so hot to trot over, and two figures for 8 sounds a lot freakin' better than two for 16

if said bogo holds over the entire week, and wave 4 comes in thursday, well hot diggity i might be saving a bundle on sunburn, warnado and camo
Jimsta28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1252
#11 Posted: 04:45:29 26/02/2012
Lucky its $20 ea here with $40 triple packs. In NZ.
---
Need Any Of |smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#12 Posted: 04:49:01 26/02/2012
Quote: Osbor

i'd love a bogo. i'd like to expand my collection to some characters i'm not so hot to trot over, and two figures for 8 sounds a lot freakin' better than two for 16

if said bogo holds over the entire week, and wave 4 comes in thursday, well hot diggity i might be saving a bundle on sunburn, warnado and camo

W-W-WAIT

WHICH THURSDAY

THE ONE FROM NOW OR THE ONE FROM LATER

;sfjghdzjflbnkfhd exitedexitedexited
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#13 Posted: 04:52:05 26/02/2012
Quote: spyrathedragon

W-W-WAIT

WHICH THURSDAY

I'm assuming Thursday, March the 1st, the start of the month of the Toys R Us exclusive embargo.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#14 Posted: 04:54:11 26/02/2012
Check tomorrow's circular here:

http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/t...n-this-weeks-ad

It shows (in my zip code) "Get any two Skylander's packs FREE when you buy any starter pack" and it shows three packs as the free ones and an up to $49.98 value (so one would assume $24.99 x 2)

My TRU had them in the back as well so they definitely held some back. They claimed they had no legendary packs, but at this point I am not so sure.

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#15 Posted: 04:57:07 26/02/2012
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi

It shows (in my zip code) "Get any two Skylander's packs FREE when you buy any starter pack" and it shows three packs as the free ones and an up to $49.98 value (so one would assume $24.99 x 2)

My TRU had them in the back as well so they definitely held some back. They claimed they had no legendary packs, but at this point I am not so sure.

-VM

Yeah, I get the same ad on my end too.
---
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#16 Posted: 04:58:42 26/02/2012
Quote: D-Rex
Quote: spyrathedragon

W-W-WAIT

WHICH THURSDAY

I'm assuming Thursday, March the 1st, the start of the month of the Toys R Us exclusive embargo.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

"MOM. MOOOOOOOOOM"

"WHAT?!"

"NewwaveofSkylandursizcomingoutandweneedtosavemoneyforit."

"Got it. *sigh*"
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#17 Posted: 04:59:08 26/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi

-VM

wait, that's it? curses!
great for just starting out i suppose. if you get two three packs that's, what, 9 skylanders with your portal and game? pretty snazzy deal
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#18 Posted: 05:37:43 26/02/2012
smilie
Interesting,
This is basically the prices best buy was running on their NON XBOX Mega Packs last week.
Only at least you can pick whatever combo you want.

I actually need 2 Ghost Roaster, a Terrafin, and the 3 pack with Chop Chop.
Then I can get 2 DSI games for the kids to get Dark Spyro and Ignitor.
And that would cover for everyone.........

Still would actually need my own starter pack for one of the too many game systems in my house though.
smilie

-M
#19 Posted: 05:40:45 26/02/2012 | Topic Creator
one possibility i only just considered
you could pick up one of the starter packs and sell it on ebay. you'll only get about $40-50 before shipping with it, so you're losing $30-20, but that's still basically a BOGO for three packs and adventure packs, right?
#20 Posted: 05:46:21 26/02/2012
smilie
NO MORE EBAY!!!
lol

Wally-world finally started getting in wave 3, but the kids are all up to date including the recent Legendaries. (my pocket thanking Activision for the re-release)
So, no more ebay if I can help it. (can't keep looking at the Metallic Cynder though)
smilie

-M
Angel Wing Green Sparx Gems: 361
#21 Posted: 12:12:01 26/02/2012
Great for me as I am going up to Toys R Us today smilie and I called and Toys R Us isn't getting shipments in until march 3rd fo L Trigs and I live in New Philadelphia Ohio near Dover.
---
Raine's Collection [smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
#22 Posted: 16:26:13 26/02/2012
Well,
They had about 15 legendaries at my local TRU today.
My OTHER local TRU wasn't even stocking......no electronic dept staff.
BOOOO

Funny thing is, with the sale, everyone is grabbing the 3DS versions.
lol

-M
Ali1020 Blue Sparx Gems: 750
#23 Posted: 17:05:52 26/02/2012
Nothing at mine in NH. Just two legendary three packs and some wave three singles. They told me to check back in on Tuesday when the truck comes in.
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#24 Posted: 17:51:26 26/02/2012
My tru doesnt have any 3 packs and didnt at all today. So of i buy the DS version will i get a rain check?
Rubix42 Red Sparx Gems: 41
#25 Posted: 18:15:18 26/02/2012
I was at TRU when they opened this morning. They had 6 Legendary 3 packs and I got one, kids where with me and their eyes lit up. Makes the hunt kind of worth it.

Our TRU also instituted a policy of only one of each per customer. They were tired of the scalpers buying up all the stock at once. I was so happy about this.

Now I truly just need the EoI to complete the set of currently released guys.
---
Falling to pieces
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#26 Posted: 18:21:43 26/02/2012
Mine didnt have any thing eithet
Namco51 Green Sparx Gems: 137
#27 Posted: 18:42:40 26/02/2012
Thanks for the heads up, the guys who are reporting what TRU are carrying. I'm not even going to even go out to any of my TRUs or Targets this weekend. I've been to so many the past couple of weeks, I'm totally burned out now. I'm just looking for a Prism Break or L-Trigg anyway and I just don't see it happening for another couple of weeks until some different characters start coming out.
TheFireInside Gold Sparx Gems: 2426
#28 Posted: 19:06:05 26/02/2012
NO new stuff at my toys r us today, super bummed. was really hoping for a legendary pack.

the staff never have any clue what they're talking about either, the guy said that sunburn was coming in june which is obviously not true...I hate it when people act like they know everything but they don't.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Morgan Elf Green Sparx Gems: 136
#29 Posted: 19:19:27 26/02/2012
Got a 3DS starter pack for $69.99 and 2 free triple packs, one being a Legendary 3 Pack, at my Toys R Us first thin this morning. Kennesaw, GA - There were only a total of 9 triple packs for there store and this ad, only 3 of them were Legendary ones.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Vortimous Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#30 Posted: 19:36:34 26/02/2012
My paper today didn't even have a tru flyer... and it usually does so I am not sure what is going on today.... will have to check online...
---
Vortimous
"Winning isnt everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!"
#31 Posted: 20:29:31 26/02/2012
My TRU had nothing new today. smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#32 Posted: 20:58:20 26/02/2012 | Topic Creator
broptip; if there's nothing on the shelves, ask an employee

they were required to have a minimum of 6 in stock for the promotion, ask if they already sold out before you got there
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#33 Posted: 21:27:53 26/02/2012
This promo is a huge fail. Like what the others experienced, my TRU had nothing on the shelves.

Way to go TRU. Advertising a promo that you can't honor. I was hoping that the reason they have not been putting new Skylanders in the shelves was because of this but apparently that was not the case. The promo will last for the duration of the week but the problem is that they don't know when the stock is arriving so it is still a huge bummer.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#34 Posted: 22:55:48 26/02/2012
Didn't see a circular this week for TRU, which is surprising. Anyone actually get one?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#35 Posted: 23:09:32 26/02/2012
Didn't see a circular this week for TRU, which is surprising. Anyone actually get one?

I did
---

Vortimous Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#36 Posted: 23:22:56 26/02/2012
I didn't either have a circular... usually always do...
---
Vortimous
"Winning isnt everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!"
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#37 Posted: 23:46:08 26/02/2012
Quote: Vortimous
I didn't either have a circular... usually always do...

You can pull that up on toyrus.com

Anyways this shortage pretty much showed how the stock issue has not been resolved.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Angel Wing Green Sparx Gems: 361
#38 Posted: 23:47:21 26/02/2012
As I got to the skylanders section some lady had happened to grab the last legendary pack, I was allowed to buy it but I'm not angry I didn't get it, if I was 5 minutes earlier that could've been mine. Also I am searching for an empire of Ice to buy for my cousins birthday (1week from today) and I need to find one for him. I hope I stumble upon one soon. We also found some Boomers, Flameslingers, Zaps, and hexs at TRU.
---
Raine's Collection [smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
#39 Posted: 00:04:55 27/02/2012
smilie I've seen more Leg packs than EoI.
Wonder what's going on with those.

-M
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#40 Posted: 15:16:08 27/02/2012
Quote: neomas77
Funny thing is, with the sale, everyone is grabbing the 3DS versions.
lol

-M

girl, you know it's true! I am way too excited but I will wait until Dragon's Peak and L-Triggs is out.

That is this Thursday right? smiliearanoid:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:16:54 27/02/2012 by Hexin_Wishes
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me