Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
TRU limit [CLOSED]
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#1 Posted: 20:29:18 24/02/2012 | Topic Creator
ok so i know this topic is somewhere i just couldnt find it so sorry about that :/ But today i went into tru and they had tons of wave 2 skylanders single packs (no triple or adventure packs) but in the middle of the display there was a paper sign that read "due to hight demand there is now a limit of # skylanders single packs per customer" See now i plan on getting L-Trigger Happy and Dragons Peak from them in March so that doesnt concern me, but once the rest of them come out that will leave me needing 5 if my math is correct. That annoys me because what if i get there and they have all 5 of the ones i need? That sucks because apparently then i will have to leave 2 behind unless i have someone come with me -.- i still think they should have used my idea of a limit of 2 per charecter :/
---
Praise Helix!!!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 20:48:27 24/02/2012
I don't think there was a topic, just a suggestion that they SHOULD have a limit on how many a person can buy.

Now, a limit is both a good and bad thing. While it does limit how much a person could buy (and resell) it hurts the customers who actually play the game and collect the figures. For the most part, most markets will self regulate themselves, but that's unfortunately not working for Skylanders, and probably wont until they get the stock to be Pre-Christmas levels. And THAT wont happen until they start sending more than like..3 boxes per store.

If you DO happen to find all the ones you need at once, purchase your two, leave, and come back in an hour or so later. More than likely, someone will be on a break, or you'll end up at a different register. (in all honesty, I'd doubt any store would really be a stickler on this. As long as they don't ring up 2 at the same time, it shouldn't be that much of a problem)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#3 Posted: 21:14:15 24/02/2012
I am pretty sure they do mean 2 of the same pack. They can't deny you a purchase of a separate item just because it's from the same line.
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#4 Posted: 21:17:56 24/02/2012
some do, some don't. at TRU at least
i know that individual best buys cannot do this, only corporate can make decisions like that (and to corporate, it's all sales, they don't give a damn)

suggest it to your local TRU, ask if they've seen people buying two or three of the same kind
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#5 Posted: 21:44:42 24/02/2012
No TRU near me is doing that, which means it is probably something your store implemented. You could try calling corporate to ask about it/complain if it effects you negatively. I've called and complained about certain stores implementing limits that effected me, and every time it's turned out to be something the manager at the store decided to do without consulting whether corporate allowed that.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#6 Posted: 21:49:43 24/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
I am pretty sure they do mean 2 of the same pack. They can't deny you a purchase of a separate item just because it's from the same line.

I asked them and they said it was a limit of any 3 single packs regardless of which charecters they are :/
I dont mind there being a limit that stops scalpers but this would hinder collectors as well. If it is still in effect for when wave 4 comes around i will deffinitally complain
---
Praise Helix!!!
#7 Posted: 21:52:59 24/02/2012
Hmmm... I really don't see the issue but that is because each toysrus in my area actually has different stock. They didn't share any pack. smilie
#8 Posted: 22:16:12 24/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Hmmm... I really don't see the issue but that is because each toysrus in my area actually has different stock. They didn't share any pack. smilie

Thats because each separate tru gets their own trucks sent to them from DC with the products that they oredered. They could have ordered it on diffrent days so their trucks were packed with diffrent skylanders that the distribution center received
---
Praise Helix!!!
#9 Posted: 22:18:32 24/02/2012
I included that information in order to say that sign wouldn't have been an issue.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#10 Posted: 22:46:38 24/02/2012
As long as the limit is for the same item and not to overall purchased amount I'm good. Dealing with TRU in the past the limit usually pertains to multiple copies.
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#11 Posted: 23:45:28 24/02/2012
toysrus.co.uk have had a limit of 2 of each character per order for quite a long time now... my local TRU let me buy 4 different singles on Wednesday (good job too, 2 were for me and 2 were for someone else)
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#12 Posted: 01:27:48 25/02/2012
i made that topic. and now it has come TRUE
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
Vortimous Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#13 Posted: 04:22:44 25/02/2012
At my local TRU, I saw a sign for a limit on the legendary pack, two per customer, but it said nothing about the singles.... I will check it out again next time I go...
---
Vortimous
"Winning isnt everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!"
Spyro Forever Red Sparx Gems: 84
#14 Posted: 04:31:30 25/02/2012
The limit on their website is pointless. I needed two Legendary Packs (one for me and one for my cousin, who now is deciding to keep it or return it. Grrrr) so I ordered the item twice, and both were shipped and arrived to me. All you have to do is order two different times if you need more than one.
#15 Posted: 05:39:55 25/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Landerfan2012
i made that topic. and now it has come TRUE

I know there was a topic somewhere! Sorry, i did look for it but i couldnt find it or even really remember the title of the topic. If i fond it i would have posted there. But ya i had asked the lady if it was multiple of a charecter and she said it was any three single packs :/ oh well guess there isnt much i can do
---
Praise Helix!!!
Ravenouschaos Green Sparx Gems: 201
#16 Posted: 05:51:33 25/02/2012
Quote: Tigorus
As long as the limit is for the same item and not to overall purchased amount I'm good. Dealing with TRU in the past the limit usually pertains to multiple copies.

My local TRU is limiting the total purchase. 2 singles and 2 three/adventure packs. This is going to suck BC when wave 4 comes out I will need to buy 2 three packs and one adventure pack...
---
We stand ready to defend Skylands: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#17 Posted: 06:12:23 25/02/2012
Quote: Ravenouschaos

My local TRU is limiting the total purchase. 2 singles and 2 three/adventure packs. This is going to suck BC when wave 4 comes out I will need to buy 2 three packs and one adventure pack...

Yeah if that's the case then that will suck. That's nuts, two singles?!? There will be 7 new singles at TRU (I'm counting L-Trigger and Ignitor) out around March/April and that will suck if they are all on the shelf at the same time.
Ravenouschaos Green Sparx Gems: 201
#18 Posted: 06:28:39 25/02/2012

Yeah if that's the case then that will suck. That's nuts, two singles?!? There will be 7 new singles at TRU (I'm counting L-Trigger and Ignitor) out around March/April and that will suck if they are all on the shelf at the same time.

Looks like I'm hiding some stuff in the baby section. Lol
---
We stand ready to defend Skylands: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#19 Posted: 07:41:36 25/02/2012 | Topic Creator

Ya but dont forget L-Trigger Happy and Dragons Peak will come out before the rest of the wave so you might as well pick them up as soon as they come out so you don have to hide more than you have to smilie
---
Praise Helix!!!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me