Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Horrible luck! [CLOSED]
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#1 Posted: 05:40:43 24/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I gave in, and bought Skylanders on Valentines day. I've since spent that short time gathering up some figures. Just yesterday my Double Trouble and Drill Sergeant arrived in the mail, and before I could try them the hard drive on my xbox died! My friend and I tried everything, and could not get it to work on another xbox or read on PC so we could recover my files. It sucks, and it's horrible timing, because I just got into this game and want to enjoy it, but now can't until my new hard drive arrives next week. It could be worse, my xbox is the Halo Reach version, and I would have been completely devastated if it died. I honestly adore that thing more than all my little Skylander figures, and fear the day it will wear out and die.

Has anything like this happened to you? A console problem? A bad portal or character that didn't function? Forget to pay the electric bill?
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#2 Posted: 05:46:44 24/02/2012
You could always use a USB thumb drive to create a save file. It acts as a mini HDD if you think about it.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#3 Posted: 06:29:02 24/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: GameMaster78
You could always use a USB thumb drive to create a save file. It acts as a mini HDD if you think about it.

Yes, that's true, but I don't want to start going through the process of re-downloading boat loads of updates, and my profile, and so on at the moment. I'd rather just let it rest until the new one get's here. I'm patient, and I also have my gaming PC to keep me busy. I guess I could also spend more time on that online mini game, though there isn't a whole lot to do on it at the moment. It's wishful thinking but, there is a still a chance that our cables could have been the wrong choice(we had sata->sata, instead of sata->usb), or that we screwed up somewhere along the line in hooking it up(neither of us are savvy in sata devices), so I'm getting and official Microsoft transfer cable to make it easier to back up files in the future, and to test the dying HDD. If using Microsoft's cable doesn't get the HDD to show on on my PC then it truly is beyond saving.

I swear, I was busy with school and bought a new PC for gaming(SWTOR fever), and thus hardly even used my 360 for a few months, except for some Gears 3 and Netflix once or twice a week. Now that I got a game on console that I want to start playing a lot, it goes and red rings. Bad timing.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:50:17 24/02/2012 by Cinnamonster
Ellioy Green Sparx Gems: 469
#4 Posted: 08:01:50 24/02/2012
Ouch.

I once licked soap off the bottom of a plate.

It did not taste nice
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me