Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Would this be cool or stupid? You tell me.
Page 1 of 1
Would this be cool or stupid? You tell me. [CLOSED]
Angel Wing Green Sparx Gems: 361
#1 Posted: 00:23:21 24/02/2012 | Topic Creator
What if "Toys For Bob" had made different colourations of skylanders. You know how in Pokemon they have shinies, like a regular Zweilous is Blue and black and It's shiny is Green and Brown. What if they changed the colors? Here are my thoughts or colourations.

Spyro~ his body would be Navy Blue with Black Horns.
Zap~ His body would be Irish Green and his Horns a lighter shade of green and his tank orange.
Cynder~ Her body would be Pure Black and her bracers would be Dark Silver.
Ignitor~ His Armor would be metallic royal blue and his flame dark orange.
These are the only ideas I have so far, If anyone wants to be creative and think of their own colouration I would love to see their ideas.
---
Raine's Collection [smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#2 Posted: 00:24:34 24/02/2012
no, please, no more figures to buy! i beg of you!
#3 Posted: 00:29:15 24/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Well I thought It would just be a suggestion for something. Also they would each have a special ability and would appear different colours in the game. Like Zap would have an attack where Electricity shrouds him and charges at the opponent.
---
Raine's Collection [smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#4 Posted: 00:29:30 24/02/2012
Well, they kinda did that with Gold and Silvers. While their colors aren't changed, they're rare like Shinies.

Although, I'd love a Blue Eruptor.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#5 Posted: 00:32:19 24/02/2012
Are you talking about the figures or different coloration's in game? I'd be a fan of different coloration's in game.
#6 Posted: 00:33:48 24/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I was thinking of like a bluish-white version of Eruptor and his special ability was that he could melt onto the ground and slide under enemies and slowly damage them. For Double Trouble I would make his body purple his mask darker brown and his staff a blue sphere
---
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#7 Posted: 00:35:34 24/02/2012
Quick someone delete the thread before Activision latch on to the idea... <grin!>
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#8 Posted: 00:52:35 24/02/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
Quick someone delete the thread before Activision latch on to the idea... <grin!>

lol no kidding. I have yet to see a gold or silver on the rack and I check almost everyday. Unless they have these variants at a 30% or higher ratio count me out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:52:58 24/02/2012 by Tigorus
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#9 Posted: 00:55:07 24/02/2012
I could see them producing blank figures. Then the buyer could paint them however they wanted.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#10 Posted: 01:00:05 24/02/2012
Quote: Himewad
I could see them producing blank figures. Then the buyer could paint them however they wanted.

That's actually a good idea...especially to someone that used to do table top gaming for about 15 years lol. They could sell their own line of paints. Then after you purchased their paint set it would come with a scanable pallet that would add a custom color pallet in the game to match your custom paint job for your Skylander in game. That would be very cool actually.
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#11 Posted: 05:27:28 24/02/2012
Golds and Silvers are essentially the equivalent to shinies in pokemon, but what sucks is that they don't change appearance in game. I actually wouldn't mind variants, but I could see why this would be a pure nightmare for those that want a complete collection. I think it would be better to put in game skins, kind of like hats. You would find/unlock them through game play, and they would do something like change Gill Grunt from blue to green, and so on.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#12 Posted: 05:33:08 24/02/2012
Quote: Himewad

i could go for that.
with an online market, they could produce lots of things that wouldn't survive on store shelves, but are just fine for smaller demographics.

custom paintable skylanders would be perfect, especially if they;re cast in a material which accepts paint well
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#13 Posted: 15:48:19 24/02/2012
Nah, it's a good idea but I probably wouldn't go for them if they were to be produced. It just means more Skylanders to collect! Also, as others have pointed out, the golds and silvers are essentially the equivalent to Shinies in Pokemon anyway, even if they do not have the same appearance ingame.
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me